PDA

View Full Version : The jumbled mess of heels, faces and tweeners.

URATOOL
07-27-2012, 09:45 PM
In recent weeks we have had some weird face/heel turns. It would seem The E has given up on storyline heel/face turns (with a few exceptions).

When, how and why did Kane turn face?? He had returned all masked up. Beat up the top face (Cena several times). Beat up Mr Popular (that month) Zach Ryder and was teaming with DB against the second top face (Punk). Then all of a sudden he's a face! WTF!?!

Chris Jericho. What happened there? He was 100% heel against Punk and now is taken on one of the top heels (Ziggler) and helping the face WH Champion.

They seem to flip a coin before the show to decide whether Natalya is face or heel this week (if she has made it onto the show this week).

Tyson Kidd has always been a better heel and then out of nowhere. With no explaination he was a face on NXT and Superstars.

There just seems to be a real lack of reasoning behind some of the changes. It's like someone says "Hey do you fancy changing sides this week?" and get the answer "Yeah. Go on then. It'll be a laugh".

I half expect Mysterio to take a chair to Sheamus or Ziggler to run to Cena's aid next week.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Wrestling Logic
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2011/02/oreillycantexplain1.jpg

jai
07-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Didn't TNA used to do that?

tweedidldum
07-27-2012, 11:03 PM
hey come on now since when does World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT.....need to make any sense!!!

URATOOL
07-27-2012, 11:09 PM
hey come on now since when does World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT.....need to make any sense!!!

It's not about making complete sense. The E are very definite about the fact they are not a 'wrestling' company, they are an entertainment company. If they wish to be a soap opera with some wrestling and feel we should accept the numerous storylines and promo segments, then the least they could do is have a reasonable amount of explanation as to why the are changing course with a character.

SESAfro
07-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Kidd's is the only one that wasn't out of nowhere. After feuding with Yoshi, when he returned with the face paint and mask, he had a mini-feud with Trent. He realized he was getting nowhere so, Kidd eventually Trent to be his new tag team partner out of respect and has been face ever since.

The Brown One
07-28-2012, 01:19 AM
There's some reason for them:
Ziggler needed someone to feud with until he cashes in MITB. Plus Jericho is gone the Raw after Summerslam, so they're making use of him.

Kane turned face by helping out AJ after Punk accidentally knocked her off the ring apron in his match with Bryan.

The rest, I'm guessing that they're too lazy to come up with an explanation, so they just turn them to see if they draw better as a face or heel.

FunkyKong
07-28-2012, 02:20 AM
All of those turns have been very gradual. If you paid attention, you'd notice that.

URATOOL
07-28-2012, 03:01 AM
All of those turns have been very gradual. If you paid attention, you'd notice that.

Come on then O' Observant One. Tell us the VERY gradual path each turn took.

SilverGhost
07-28-2012, 05:12 AM
There has been questionable turns as of late but I don't think they are that bothersome.

I think for some the sudden changes are good.

URATOOL
07-28-2012, 05:29 AM
There has been questionable turns as of late but I don't think they are that bothersome.

I think for some the sudden changes are good.

Don't get me wrong. I love a good turn. But the important thing for me is that it has to be necessary to a plot. Turning on allies or being frustrated with the crowd over a period of time or to get favour from a GM or Vince works.

Just running in to save a face suddenly making you a face or just suddenly turning on someone to make you a heel with no build up is just sloppy and lazy.

SilverGhost
07-28-2012, 05:38 AM
Don't get me wrong. I love a good turn. But the important thing for me is that it has to be necessary to a plot. Turning on allies or being frustrated with the crowd over a period of time or to get favour from a GM or Vince works.

Just running in to save a face suddenly making you a face or just suddenly turning on someone to make you a heel with no build up is just sloppy and lazy.

Same here and the main reason why I couldn't watch TNA because it wasn't explained fully or Russo being "smart" about it.

These sudden turns do have some kind of explanation. I think TheBrownOne explained it best.

Tommy Thunder
07-28-2012, 06:23 AM
Kidd's is the only one that wasn't out of nowhere. After feuding with Yoshi, when he returned with the face paint and mask, he had a mini-feud with Trent. He realized he was getting nowhere so, Kidd eventually Trent to be his new tag team partner out of respect and has been face ever since.

I agree, the Kidd face turn was definitely not out of nowhere.

I hardly think that the Kane turn was out of nowhere. He was heel coming into the Bryan/Punk feud. He gradually became tweener as AJ started paying attention to him. By the end of the feud, you were sympathizing with him since he was essentially being used and toyed with. then to cement the face turn, you had Taker (a face) coming to his aid on Raw.

Jericho's turn has been sudden, but why not? They're a bit short on top faces, so why not having him turn. plus, they needed top face to feud with Ziggler, and Jericho's a prefect fit for that role. I hope their feud goes beyond Summerslam

The Brown One
07-28-2012, 08:33 AM
^Jericho is gone after the Raw after Summerslam.

Tommy Thunder
07-28-2012, 08:41 AM
^Jericho is gone after the Raw after Summerslam.

It's true that he wasn't advertised for any events after Summerslam a weeks or 2 back. Now though, he is advertised for post-Summerslam events, which suggests that he's staying beyond Summerslam.

Cabers
07-28-2012, 10:03 AM

Actual some of the turns have happened with no explanation at all!

The Brown One
07-28-2012, 06:27 PM
It's true that he wasn't advertised for any events after Summerslam a weeks or 2 back. Now though, he is advertised for post-Summerslam events, which suggests that he's staying beyond Summerslam.

Really? Last I heard he was scheduled to be on the Raw after Summerslam. Hope I'm wrong though, as it would be awesome to see him around longer. His feud with Punk was kind of a letdown, as they could have done more towards Wrestlemania. Jericho has picked up since then and has become one of the most entertaining guys in the company again.

Tommy Thunder
07-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Really? Last I heard he was scheduled to be on the Raw after Summerslam. Hope I'm wrong though, as it would be awesome to see him around longer. His feud with Punk was kind of a letdown, as they could have done more towards Wrestlemania. Jericho has picked up since then and has become one of the most entertaining guys in the company again.

Well there was a report here the other day saying that Jericho is now advertised for post Summerslam events, however, today, a report has gone up that he's not advertised post Simmerslam, so who knows!

To be fair, he does have a lot of Fozzy gigs lived u after Summerslam, hard to see him managing to do both. But I don't think he'll be away for long if he does go.