PDA

View Full Version : Please help me...

Kenny Kaos
07-27-2012, 07:53 PM
I have become too cynical for my own good, and now Punk has turned heel I no longer like ANY faces in the WWE :(

I THINK Jericho and Kane are back to being faces (or at worse tweeners) but other than them I can't think of one face I don't find either cheesy, bland or both. Need your advice to get over my cynical ways of only rooting for heels

K2Jelly
07-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I don't think Punk is really a heel. I think he was just sending a message. Cena did that with The Rock before their WM 28 match and he didn't turn heel so just enjoy Punk for now.

Bodom
07-27-2012, 08:01 PM
I thought you quit watching?

Dennis
christian is a good face... I'm going to be honest though I don't think I have rooted for a face in a title match for quite a while now haha

Dameduse823
I have become too cynical for my own good, and now Punk has turned heel I no longer like ANY faces in the WWE :(

I THINK Jericho and Kane are back to being faces (or at worse tweeners) but other than them I can't think of one face I don't find either cheesy, bland or both. Need your advice to get over my cynical ways of only rooting for heels

Punk put his hands on teh rock, meaning most of the people who for some reason think the rock is great will hate him forever and ever. But as far as being to cynical I don't think you should worry. You think all of the the faces are bland and cheesy because they all are. Because wwe seems to have forgotten how to make the good guys interesting

BadAndy
07-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Not every good guy wears a white hat and shoots the outlaw in the hand. Sometimes they get their hands dirty. That being said, wrestling can produce some good faces but it's tough in these times of the PG era. In order to be a face you have to slap hands with the audience on the way to the ring, smile a lot, always acknowledge the audience, put some piece of paraphernalia on a small child, and give really wholesome promos. It is a bit far fetched for those of us that live in the real world. I for one have a bit of a hard time fully liking many heels because I hate that being a heel means they have to cheat, worm their way out of situations, or whine. I think you should be able to have strong heels and faces. As for what I said at the start, it might make it easier to be less cynical if some of your faces acted more tweenerish.

Callum
07-27-2012, 08:25 PM
The Faces im a fan of and I root for are (including the two you mentioned):

- Christian
- Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel
- Alex Riley
- Sheamus (depending on the opponent)
- R Truth
- Santino (slightly)

But for the most part I support the heels.

Kenny Kaos
07-27-2012, 08:26 PM
I thought you quit watching?

Despite some people bitching about RAW 1000 I actually enjoyed. Stay of execution, wanna see where they go with Punk on this one

straightedge916
07-27-2012, 08:33 PM
I think CM Punk did officially turn heel. You can just tell by the way he walked out, slowly and looking at the crowd weirdly. Im sure if it were just a "message", his music would have played, and he would have taunted to end the show. Just wanted to point that out.

Dubs
07-27-2012, 08:51 PM
I think CM Punk did officially turn heel. You can just tell by the way he walked out, slowly and looking at the crowd weirdly. Im sure if it were just a "message", his music would have played, and he would have taunted to end the show. Just wanted to point that out.
Plus, Jerry Lawler said "CM Punk has turned on the WWE Universe!" which pretty much tells us that it was a heel turn.

K2Jelly
07-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Plus, Jerry Lawler said "CM Punk has turned on the WWE Universe!" which pretty much tells us that it was a heel turn.

Yeah, I'm gonna take that with a grain of salt. You know how Michael Cole called Big Show turning heel "The darkest day in WWE history."? After that, I can no longer separate kayfabe from significant lines.

King Scrapper
07-27-2012, 09:17 PM
I don't think Punk is really a heel. I think he was just sending a message. Cena did that with The Rock before their WM 28 match and he didn't turn heel so just enjoy Punk for now.

Can we please stop pretending. If that wasnt an obvious heel turn than I dont know what is. The commentators (Vince) pushed it, his actions pushed it, the set up pushed it. If it wanst a heel turn he would have helped Cena when Show was beating the shit out of him. Lets think people for a second.

The Brown One
07-27-2012, 09:18 PM
CM Punk didn't really turn heel? This is news to me.

On topic: Look out for Christian. Hes a bit cheesy on the mic sometimes, but he puts on great matches, as seen this week against The Miz.

King Scrapper
07-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Punk put his hands on teh rock, meaning most of the people who for some reason think the rock is great will hate him forever and ever. But as far as being to cynical I don't think you should worry. You think all of the the faces are bland and cheesy because they all are. Because wwe seems to have forgotten how to make the good guys interesting

Typical Rock hater..Throwing petty unwarranted insults. The minority opinion doesnt always make you cool.

Dameduse823
07-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Typical Rock hater..Throwing petty unwarranted insults. The minority opinion doesnt always make you cool.

I'm not sure whats insulting about the term 'for some reason think he's great' but it wasn't an insult its an opinion. I dislike the rock, I don't think he's anywhere near as good as people make him out to be. But still, that wasn't an insult

BadAndy
07-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Now see here fella, back in my home town there's enough love and hate for The Rock to go around for everyone. I didn't think it was insulting, in fact it's a valid point that touching The Rock is a good way to garner a lot of heat. On the other hand a great way to garner a lot of heat is to keep looking at that sig pic of yours Kingscrapper. Muy caliente!

blink
07-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Y2j is going face. That's good news for the good guys

K2Jelly
07-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Okay, just to let people know, I wasn't on this forum for five days so I didn't read the article about Punk's heel turn like everybody else. Now, I see where everyone's going.

King Scrapper
07-27-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure whats insulting about the term 'for some reason think he's great' but it wasn't an insult its an opinion. I dislike the rock, I don't think he's anywhere near as good as people make him out to be. But still, that wasn't an insult

Lets hug it out.

FunkyKong
07-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Y2J
Tyson Kidd
Christian
Primo and Epico
Zack Ryder
R-Truth

All great faces for you to enjoy

Cabers
07-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Y2J
Tyson Kidd
Christian
Primo and Epico
Zack Ryder
R-Truth

All great faces for you to enjoy

Leave out that guy and hes right!

Kenny Kaos
07-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Leave out that guy and hes right!

Always liked Jericho, face or heel. Christian is alright, bit bland as a face, same could be said for Tyson kid who is a bit of a charisma vacume.

Thats the thing, I know people hate on the Rock for leaving, making a career for himself beyond WWE, but say what you want about him, has more charisma than most of the current WWE roster but together (and I'm not even a massive fan of his). The faces in WWE are whiter than white and its just a bit too corn bally for my liking

Great One
07-28-2012, 01:37 PM
I think Chris Jericho turned face after last nights Smackdown