PDA

View Full Version : Chavo Guerrero's Debut

BadAndy
07-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Being an old WCW fan, I love Chavo and really feel like the WWE did him wrong. I'm totally excited by what TNA could do with him on their roster. I'm not too keen on them making him face though. He's always been a great heel. However, if they are going to make him a face, I'm glad to see that we are seeing faces we haven't seen for a while like Kash, Gunner, and Hernandez. I'm all for expanding the use of the great roster they have.

On a side note, I loved the music they used in the promos for Chavo and wished that was his entrance music.

Amerinaine
07-26-2012, 07:51 PM
His promo sucked. It could have been so much better were he a heel. It came off as a very unnatural feel. Maybe it gets better, but first impression isn't good.

Dameduse823
07-26-2012, 07:53 PM
I've always liked Chavo, he wasn't always the guy I was pulling for but I have a lot of respect for what he can do. But that promo was not his best work. The shot at wwe seemed forced, and he only really got a response when he talked about his family name. I like Chavo and I'm hoping tna does right but I'm getting worried this is more about having someone named Guerrero rather then having a great talent

thedag
07-26-2012, 07:55 PM
I've always liked Chavo, he wasn't always the guy I was pulling for but I have a lot of respect for what he can do. But that promo was not his best work. The shot at wwe seemed forced, and he only really got a response when he talked about his family name. I like Chavo and I'm hoping tna does right but I'm getting worried this is more about having someone named Guerrero rather then having a great talent

i agree with you.

jordan1995
07-26-2012, 07:57 PM
KID kash was awesome

Amerinaine
07-26-2012, 07:58 PM
KID kash was awesome

I wouldn't say that he was awesome as much as Chavo screwed it up. It made Kash seem really good. He really didn't do anything more special than any other heel promo.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Da fuck was Kash talking about? Is he attending the Scott Steiner School of Promo?

BadAndy
07-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Da fuck was Kash talking about? Is he attending the Scott Steiner School of Promo?

Hahaha, awesome! He's like that a lot of times though.

As for the promo, I agree as I too think he's best as a heel. He should use the Guerrero name to hoard it over others and say he's better than them. I think they tend to be a little short on faces right now so maybe that's why they made him that way.

Amerinaine
07-26-2012, 08:05 PM

I thought it was quite easy to understand. He wanted to know "Why are you, Chavo Guerrero a Legend?" That is what I got out of it.

Rockstar83
07-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Eddie was better...

BadAndy
07-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Eddie was better...

On the mic? Yes. In the ring? I think most are just familiar with the Eddie and Chavo of the WWE. That Eddie was all roided up and not as agile as he was in WCW. Chavo was spectacular in WCW and just didn't get the chance to show that off in the WWE.

Amerinaine
07-26-2012, 10:16 PM
On the mic? Yes. In the ring? I think most are just familiar with the Eddie and Chavo of the WWE. That Eddie was all roided up and not as agile as he was in WCW. Chavo was spectacular in WCW and just didn't get the chance to show that off in the WWE.

I disagree. Eddie was a fantastic in ring performer too. Far and away better than Chavo. Not that Chavo isn't really good in the ring. He is very good in the ring. His Heel promos are amazing. He just happened to botch the Face promo tonight. The dropkick was sloppy, but that might have been the fact he was in a suit.

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-27-2012, 08:14 AM
I disagree. Eddie was a fantastic in ring performer too. Far and away better than Chavo. Not that Chavo isn't really good in the ring. He is very good in the ring. His Heel promos are amazing. He just happened to botch the Face promo tonight. The dropkick was sloppy, but that might have been the fact he was in a suit.

It might not have been perfect, but to get that high in some loafers and suit pants is pretty awesome. I think the debut was interesting, not perfect. It was a solid showing, and I loved how he talked about "the right timing". This pick up did come at the right time and I feel that if they had signed Chavo at the first of the summer, it wouldn't have made the Impact that it can now. With two new champs for the two main titles, the aspect of adding a new talent into the pool, be it in the Tag, X, or TV title picture, helps to give us a new bit of matches and fueds coming up. I hope they use him primarily in the X/Tag picture first, and give him a good chance to shine because if you guys missed his work recently, Chavo can still go with a hard/fast pace.

I can see how the constant reminder of Chavo being in the "Guerrero family" got to some fans out there, but I don't think they used it to remind everyone that he is "Eddie's nephew" as much as he is a 3rd generation wrestler. They put Hector on screen and the biggest "name drop" was made by Kash when talking about Chavo Classic being a drunk. The only one who mentioned Eddies name were the fans, not the talent. Kash never mentioned a single name of anyone in the Guerrero family; he just used the words "Grand Mammy, Uncle, and Father"

Yes, Chavo is a great heel, anyone who has seen his work knows that. If anything, you guys should be happy that Hernandez came to save him if that's the case. Hernandez, when teamed with a fellow wrestler of latin decent, always goes heel. If my perdiction comes true, then the reformation of LAX should be coming soon... Now if only we can get the Homicide/Konnan pairing to make my perdiction come full circle :D

Bodom
07-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Chavito has the personality of a wet paper bag.

Him failing to cut a decent a promo should be of no surprise to anyone.

Lowki
07-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Chavito has the personality of a wet paper bag.

Him failing to cut a decent a promo should be of no surprise to anyone.
This. Bring back Kerwin white.

Grind_Bastard
07-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Guess what? I want Chavo to be the leader of aces and 8's.

DK Wrestling Savior
07-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Guess what? I want Chavo to be the leader of aces and 8's.

I absolutely feel the same way.

And I don't know what everyone is talking about. His promo was not THAT bad. It was pretty much better than anything he did in WWE. In WWE, they made him be a whiner. At least he seemed legit in this promo and comes off like he's going to do what he can to carry on the Guerrero Legacy.

rofecoxib22
07-27-2012, 03:06 PM
KID kash was awesome

I agree...Kid Kash was good...kinda reminded me of Orndorff a bit...Kash came in the ring all jacked up like he had been working at a roofing company all day and ready to fight someone at the local bar....:mad:

Amerinaine
07-27-2012, 03:25 PM
I absolutely feel the same way.

And I don't know what everyone is talking about. His promo was not THAT bad. It was pretty much better than anything he did in WWE. In WWE, they made him be a whiner. At least he seemed legit in this promo and comes off like he's going to do what he can to carry on the Guerrero Legacy.

That's the thing. It was THAT bad. He did a face promo, and he didn't look like he believed what he was saying. He cuts really good heel promo's, and am disappointed he didn't come in as a heel. We will how it goes, but his face promo was bad. I imagine the next one will be better. Kid Kash saved Chavo's promo. (Strange seeing how Kash's was just an OK promo and not an outstanding one.)

World B. Free
07-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Chavo is good for TNA but I hope they DON'T do that whole "Mexican America" thing.....???

Playboy Stevie V
07-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Chavo...my thoughts.

He's a great wrestler, but he got caught up with the Owen Hart treatment. All the talent in the world, but not as good as his brother or uncle in this case.

After Eddie died I thought he would have a shot to take over, but he got over shadowed again by Vickie...WTF? Just like Owen after Bret left being over shadowed by the Rock after he joined the Nation. Then he gets placed with one of the most over rated wrestlers of all time Jeff Jarrett.

Idk why, but it just unfortunately happens.

Chavo is a great wrestler and trainer. Maybe TNA can use him to develop new talent and not just stereotype him as a bean...no offense my brothers and sisters. This is coming from a Hispanic. What I mean is when Russo had him on pepe laying burrito traps, land scape.workers mexicools, or Hunico type gangbanger.

BadAndy
07-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Eddie was good but when you had the Revolution or whatever they called themselves, he was my least favorite of the four WCW wrestlers that jumped ship. I loved his gimmick with the lie, cheat and steal but he was just so roided up it wasn't even funny. His and Chavo's best days will be during WCW IMO. I feel that way about most of the Mexican wrestlers that were part of a very strong Hispanic roster for WCW.

I have to say that the promo was about par for course. I don't think it was epically bad, but it wasn't great. I didn't see the whole "him not believing what he's saying" thing though. Kash is great, but sometimes he gets a little tongue tied so I don't think he was a huge save. I just really like the idea of having Hernandez, Kash, and Gunner get some air time and possibly putting them into a feud for a while.

Playboy Stevie V
07-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Eddie was good but when you had the Revolution or whatever they called themselves, he was my least favorite of the four WCW wrestlers that jumped ship. I loved his gimmick with the lie, cheat and steal but he was just so roided up it wasn't even funny. His and Chavo's best days will be during WCW IMO. I feel that way about most of the Mexican wrestlers that were part of a very strong Hispanic roster for WCW.

I have to say that the promo was about par for course. I don't think it was epically bad, but it wasn't great. I didn't see the whole "him not believing what he's saying" thing though. Kash is great, but sometimes he gets a little tongue tied so I don't think he was a huge save. I just really like the idea of having Hernandez, Kash, and Gunner get some air time and possibly putting them into a feud for a while.

I'm not impressed a lot but i like the way u think and i havent said that since tommy. Go on youngster!

Ps I disagree about Eddie. But you got fire.

The Brown One
07-27-2012, 09:23 PM
I was excited that Chavo was coming to TNA. But that promo seemed a bit forced. Plus his entrance music sounds really generic.
I hope they don't put him in a tagteam with Hernandez or something else stupid. Him working in the X Division would be great.

BadAndy
07-27-2012, 10:10 PM
I was excited that Chavo was coming to TNA. But that promo seemed a bit forced. Plus his entrance music sounds really generic.
I hope they don't put him in a tagteam with Hernandez or something else stupid. Him working in the X Division would be great.

Thanks Playboy!

Brown, I agree with you so much. I really really want them to use the music from the promos. It was a cool twangy guitar rift that I thought was very unique. The music he walked out to really deflated my spirit. I hope they wise up and switch it up.

TheGreatOne
07-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Ah, didn't like the promo a bit. I think Chavo over-rated himself extremely as did most of the wrestlers in TNA. Kid Kash and Gunner who hasn't been on the show in god knows when to interrupt him? Sucked!

Rick BoA
07-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Chavo was never a very impressive wrestler after he bulked up.

Peter Kaymakcian
07-28-2012, 02:40 AM
I like Chavo, but I think TNA is making to big of a deal out of this. In my opinion Chavo is no more than a tag team/X-Division wrestler at best

Cabers
07-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Good wrestler fantastic to watch in the ring but its his promo ability that stopped his career. And things haven't changed if he stays off the mic he will be great for the company although having seeing Hernandez make the save i fear he will tag with him at least for a while.

akbar
08-03-2012, 10:11 PM
So Im a bit late but I just watched the Chavo debut and I'm thinking wtf?!

So let me gets this straight, instead of trying to be a stand performer on his own, his pretty much stole Eddie's trademarks with the shoulder shaking thingy, the frog splash, the 'olale viva la something' but a bit modified. Then he's still going to ride the Guerrero famile name wave, wrestling legend? God help me now...-_-

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-03-2012, 10:31 PM

So let me gets this straight, instead of trying to be a stand performer on his own, his pretty much stole Eddie's trademarks with the shoulder shaking thingy, the frog splash, the 'olale viva la something' but a bit modified. Then he's still going to ride the Guerrero famile name wave, wrestling legend? God help me now...-_-

"Viva la Raza" is what was said. And to a point, I can see what you are saying... Like using the Three Amigos and Frog Splash. But remember that while in Los Guerreros, Chavo did the shoulder shake, used the terminology, and had the hands & finger wave as well. As for the Three Amigos and Frog Splash, he added them to his moveset after Eddie died as a tribute to him. It was actually very well recieved by the Guerrero family as well as fans in the WWE at the time.

Everyone is on this kick about Chavo/TNA using this as just a "Guerrero" name thing and a way to mention Eddie's name, but honestly the WWE did the same thing after Eddie passed. So much so that we now have Vickie who is by far one of the best managers in the business in years... But MAN was she rough and VERY green when she started. Does everyone remember the Rey/Chavo feud? She got over thru time and is now known for being Vickie, not Eddie's wife. For Chavo it is different. We were introduced to Chavo while Eddie was still alive so the comparison is always going to be there... Much like the Comparison for Owen or Bret even though they are two ENTIRELY different people, with entirely different positives and negatives.

Chavo is doing what Chavo does, and if TNA wasn't to down play the Guerrero name, then they would be ignoring the elephant in the room. Chavo is a Guerrero, yes is Eddie's nephew. I hope that after the "new to TNA" wears off, they will start avoiding the Eddie topic, and focus on the Chavito, but for now, it would be kind of hard to not mention that he is Eddie's nephew... Kind of like it's hard for Lawler/Cole to not mention that Tyson Kidd was part of the Legendary Hart Family Dungeon.

HCollins-TNA1
08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
For the most Chavo is probably in TNA cause of his name.... But I see huge potential to make Chavo into something he wasn't never really was in the WWE.... although build him up into a Main Event over a year.... a tag team push... a X division push, maybe even TV title, but say next Destination X maybe facing the World champion??

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-04-2012, 06:53 PM
For the most Chavo is probably in TNA cause of his name.... But I see huge potential to make Chavo into something he wasn't never really was in the WWE.... although build him up into a Main Event over a year.... a tag team push... a X division push, maybe even TV title, but say next Destination X maybe facing the World champion??

Does anyone know how long the deal was that Chavo signed? If it's for 2-3 years, I say give him a 2 year build before getting to the WHC picture. Have him in the Tag division for the next 6 months. Could do a LOT of the division if they are to have Chavo/SuperMex, Kash/Gunner, Daniels/Kaz, then bring in a team like Sabian/Joker or another team from the indies (I'm PLEADING for Jigsaw to return over a team like the ROCKness Monsters). Now have Devon drop the belt to a Crimson, Pope, or Magnus and Devon/Bischoff could be the 5th team in the division. With EY soon to drop the Knocked Up Title, you could have him team with someone (I like Anderson for the personality, or RVD to get him some rest) and there's a tag division right there. Not the best, but could make for an interesting division none the less.

Now, after this 6 month period, move Chavo to battle for the TV title. Have him get some victories over the likes of Pope/Magnus/Crimson on TV leading into a PPV where he could take the belt. With his in-ring abilities, I could easily see him performing once a week with the belt and giving the title some recognition that Devon isn't able to give it. Have him drop the belt at Slammiversary to move into the X-Division.

Once in the X, I could see him gaining the belt in the Ulti-X to crown a new champ (that is, if whomever holds the belt ops out for a world title shot). Have Chavo hold the belt for a few months before losing it to a Kenny King or Jesse Sorrensen. In the next few months, the MexWarrior battles to get back into contention, putting over young talent in the process. When we're about 3 months out from Dest-X 2014, have him win the belt in heel fashion. This turns the MexWarrior into a "I'll do anything to keep this belt so I can finally win my first WHC that I have deserved for years now."

I know it's a long shot and I doubt it will happen, but if Booked right, it could really help people to remember Chavo for what he does in TNA, rather than what he did in WWE or who he was related to. My opinion of course.

Peter Kaymakcian
08-05-2012, 03:54 AM
In all due respect to Chavo Guerrero, but I don't ever see him being a legitimate World Champion. I feel like giving Chavo the TNA Championship would just be because of his last name. I've seen Chavo in WWE and WCW and in both companies I never saw that "it" factor that made me think of him as a World Champion. He's never had that stand out promo or that must see match. I think Chavo should just stick to the tag team division/X-Division.

magglis
08-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Chavo in WWE: What a bad way to treat a legend

Chavo in TNA: Chavo is stealing Eddies trademarks and uses the Guerrero name to be relevant.
Wrestling's legend?Are you kidding me?

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Chavo in WWE: What a bad way to treat a legend

Chavo in TNA: Chavo is stealing Eddies trademarks and uses the Guerrero name to be relevant.

I find that to be a common issue. When talking about his time in WWE, he is called a legend. When talking about him in TNA, people laugh at him being a "wrestling legend". Most people can't figure out if he is or isn't a legend. It all depends on which company he is/was in at the time to determine his "legendary" status

magglis
08-08-2012, 07:55 PM
I find that to be a common issue. When talking about his time in WWE, he is called a legend. When talking about him in TNA, people laugh at him being a "wrestling legend". Most people can't figure out if he is or isn't a legend. It all depends on which company he is/was in at the time to determine his "legendary" status
No most of the people think that TNA is a joke and everyone who works for TNA is a joke too

BadAndy
08-09-2012, 12:16 PM

A family using similar moves??? That's a strange concept. I'm glad Owen Hart and Natalya never used the sharpshooter. If you watched WCW back in the day you'd know that Chavo has always used the frog splash. That's nothing new. Viva La Raza has been shouted by just about every Mexican wrestler and I don't consider that an Eddie trademark. Hell, I usually think of Konnan when I hear that. That was part of his whole bit back in WCW. The shoulder shake, well I can't say. I think you have watched a lot more of Eddie and paid too little attention to Chavo. This guy is much, much more talented than you give him credit for.

BadAndy
08-09-2012, 12:18 PM
No most of the people think that TNA is a joke and everyone who works for TNA is a joke too

Most who don't watch TNA and know nothing about it consider it a joke. Those that actually watch it know that it's much better than you are giving it credit for. Also, see my above post to get a clue about whether or not those are actually Eddie's trademarks. If you watched a little WCW then you'd know that's not the case.

magglis
08-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Most who don't watch TNA and know nothing about it consider it a joke. Those that actually watch it know that it's much better than you are giving it credit for. Also, see my above post to get a clue about whether or not those are actually Eddie's trademarks. If you watched a little WCW then you'd know that's not the case.
And why you are saying this to me?

BadAndy
08-09-2012, 01:13 PM
And why you are saying this to me?

Because you posted this:

And I think it's inaccurate.

HeelTurn
08-09-2012, 01:30 PM
I like Chavo, but he will never be half as entertaining as Eddie, and will never be able to get out of his shadow. People will compare the 2, and because of this Chavo will suffer.

HCollins-TNA1
08-09-2012, 01:58 PM
The whole Guerrero family is legends in wrestling...
From Gory to Hecter, Mondo, Chavo Sr, Eddie and Chavo Jr.... Although Eddie is the most known for winning the the WWE title....
Let just hope TNA know what talent Chavo has and decide to use him right....

magglis
08-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Because you posted this:

And I think it's inaccurate.
That is what other people think not me,because they are TNA haters.I was pointing out what people say.Comprento?

FancyShmancyPants17
08-11-2012, 04:20 PM
I like Chavo, but he will never be half as entertaining as Eddie, and will never be able to get out of his shadow. People will compare the 2, and because of this Chavo will suffer.

Sadly, I believe you are right.

BadAndy
08-11-2012, 08:33 PM
That is what other people think not me,because they are TNA haters.I was pointing out what people say.Comprento?

I hear you. I apologize if I misunderstood. We cool.

BadAndy
08-11-2012, 08:34 PM
The whole Guerrero family is legends in wrestling...
From Gory to Hecter, Mondo, Chavo Sr, Eddie and Chavo Jr.... Although Eddie is the most known for winning the the WWE title....
Let just hope TNA know what talent Chavo has and decide to use him right....

Could not have said it better.

magglis
08-11-2012, 08:37 PM
I hear you. I apologize if I misunderstood. We cool.
Always cool mate!:cool:

No need to apologize!:)