PDA

View Full Version : Alboring Del Rio

TheMiz
07-26-2012, 08:44 AM
I was wondering , How far do you guys think this guy will go?
imo Im tired of seeing him on the world title Scene, and to me he doesent have that much talent.
All i see from his personality is telling people they cry like little girls with his stupid accent, and that its his destiny to be whatever he wants to be.
when it comes to wrestling hes Okay but imo not the best nor the second or third best in the wwe right now, so why keep him as a main eventer?? couldnt he be having non title feuds or mid card titles? he has never been either us nor intercontinental champion so why not cool down alittle and put him there, Im seriously tired of him specially after reading the spoiler for this friday's SD.

CricketTragic
07-26-2012, 08:54 AM
I was wondering , How far do you guys think this guy will go?
imo Im tired of seeing him on the world title Scene, and to me he doesent have that much talent.
All i see from his personality is telling people they cry like little girls with his stupid accent, and that its his destiny to be whatever he wants to be.
when it comes to wrestling hes Okay but imo not the best nor the second or third best in the wwe right now, so why keep him as a main eventer?? couldnt he be having non title feuds or mid card titles? he has never been either us nor intercontinental champion so why not cool down alittle and put him there, Im seriously tired of him specially after reading the spoiler for this friday's SD.
I am not disagreeing or even arguing with what your saying bro because I am not a huge fan of Del Rio either but I must point out that the reason he is in the world title scene and not mid carding is because he wants to retire soonish and since sees him as a big deal on smackdown

Tommy Thunder
07-26-2012, 08:58 AM
I'll be honest, I like Del Rio. He's amongst the better wrestlers as far as in-ring ability goes, and I rather see someone with good in-ring ability in the main event rather than someone who can't wrestle.
He does need to do something different when it comes to his charisma and mic skill though.
I think he's improved somewhat in recent weeks though with his more aggressive style. I think people are taking to him as a heel more since he's starting being a bit more aggressive.

bartish2
07-26-2012, 09:14 AM
oh god ADR vs sheamus AGAIN? wow... big draw right there lmfao. Hes like the next cena, continuously getting opportunities but hes boring as hell and has as much charisma as a stick. get him out of the main event already, hes not a main eventer. same old crap

Lowki
07-26-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't understand why people have to be juvenile when talking about why they don't like a certain wrestler. I always see "Blandy Boreton" and just shake my head...

You may be tired of him, but i can't think of many heels that draw heat like him. You have to understand that in Mexico, he is still quite a big name for WWE. Also as mentioned, he doesn't want to wrestle past 40 so the WWE want to get as much out of him now as they have around 5 years left before then. People go on about Ziggler, but there is definitely something about Del Rio that puts him above Ziggler. Del Rio also fits in with Vince's favorite "6'2, 220lbs" frame so has the double bonus of his build and being hispanic going for him. Talking about Ziggler, hopefully this Jericho feud will push him that little bit higher.

Lowki
07-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Cena. Dribble. Blah.
I agree.......

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-26-2012, 09:25 AM
I'll be honest, I like Del Rio. He's amongst the better wrestlers as far as in-ring ability goes, and I rather see someone with good in-ring ability in the main event rather than someone who can't wrestle.
He does need to do something different when it comes to his charisma and mic skill though.
I think he's improved somewhat in recent weeks though with his more aggressive style. I think people are taking to him as a heel more since he's starting being a bit more aggressive.

Darn you Tommy, stating everything that I wan't to say today :mad:

I like him. I could see him as a huge face in the near future if he were to feud with Punk properly.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-26-2012, 10:59 AM
This post was blocked by Advanced Troll Blocker

Had to fork out for the Premium on this one.

Shining Light
07-26-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm not a fan of Del Rio but I'm willing to admit that he's improved during the past couple of months. I honestly thought that he would be entering a feud with Mysterio, but after reading this weeks SD spoilers, my hopes seem to have been dashed for the time being. Do I want him to be World Champion? No. My advice would be to spend at least one more year on the midcard, tweak a few aspects of your gimmick and then maybe I'll take you a bit more serious

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Ricardo has been carrying the duo personality-wise since day 1. That's why they kept them together so long. A shame really. When ADR starts jobbing and no long is a major player, Ricardo will most likely do the same and fade away.

VanHooliganX
07-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Darn you Tommy, stating everything that I wan't to say today :mad:

I like him. I could see him as a huge face in the near future if he were to feud with Punk properly.

I'll second this. Tommy hit the nail on the head.

I think if he had the right feud they'd be able to pull that off but maybe not with Punk.

Cabers
07-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Being ADR in 7 easy steps

1. Arrive
2. Say Destiny
3. You cry like a little girl
4. Call opponent a Pero (Dog in English)
5. Hit an Enzuigiri
6. Cross Armbreaker
7. Leave

Did i miss anything?

thejman93
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM

1. Arrive
2. Say Destiny
5. Hit an Enzuigiri
6. Cross Armbreaker
7. Leave

Did i miss anything?

You forgot about Ricardo, man. How can you forget about Ricardo? :)

justin sane
07-26-2012, 12:29 PM
he needs to stop wearing his tights at his belly button, annoys me for some reason

Dennis
07-26-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't understand why people have to be juvenile when talking about why they don't like a certain wrestler. I always see "Blandy Boreton" and just shake my head...

You may be tired of him, but i can't think of many heels that draw heat like him. You have to understand that in Mexico, he is still quite a big name for WWE. Also as mentioned, he doesn't want to wrestle past 40 so the WWE want to get as much out of him now as they have around 5 years left before then. People go on about Ziggler, but there is definitely something about Del Rio that puts him above Ziggler. Del Rio also fits in with Vince's favorite "6'2, 220lbs" frame so has the double bonus of his build and being hispanic going for him. Talking about Ziggler, hopefully this Jericho feud will push him that little bit higher.
the bold part along with the fact that he is a good in ring performer IMO makes him a main-event superstar... the fact that the IWC hates him makes him one of the only heels in the wwe pretty much universally hated, what is kind of the purpose of a heel.

Playboy Stevie V
07-26-2012, 01:12 PM
ADR is fine. The only thing I would do is take him out of the WHC and WWE championship picture and put him in the upper mid card. Have him feud with Miz or take the title off Santino. He can rename the belt the US/Mexico championship. That'd gain some heat from pissed off rednecks. Give that division and those belts some prestige again and have them be defended at more ppvs, with better storylines.

WWE has been doing a better job with IC division though.

johnnydropkicks
07-26-2012, 01:30 PM
lol mexico championship.

this idea seems like it sucks yet I like it alot.

Dubs
07-26-2012, 01:31 PM
I like Del Rio. His character needs a little bit of tweaking but he isn't that bad. I find his mic skills to be just fine. Though I think he needs to work on being more intense with his serious promos because his attempts at sounding angry and putting on a serious face expression is awkward to watch (like this for instance (http://www.wwepictures.co.cc/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Alberto-Del-Rio-3.png)). His in-ring work is great but it's sadly overlooked due to everyone moaning about his character. I like how he works the arm before setting up for his armbar submission hold. I find that to be great in-ring story-telling.

Del Rio having his own stable would do wonders for him. WWE could have Huncio and Camacho be an "Edge Heads" type role where they help Del Rio in his matches. Like an insurance policy so to speak. It certainly gives Hunico and Camacho so material to work with since they aren't doing anything currently.

johnnydropkicks
07-26-2012, 01:34 PM
I like Del Rio. His character needs a little bit of tweaking but he isn't that bad. I find his mic skills to be just fine. Though I think he needs to work on being more intense with his serious promos because his attempts at sounding angry and putting on a serious face expression is awkward to watch (like this for instance (http://www.wwepictures.co.cc/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Alberto-Del-Rio-3.png)). His in-ring work is great but it's sadly overlooked due to everyone moaning about his character. I like how he works the arm before setting up for his armbar submission hold. I find that to be great in-ring story-telling.

Del Rio having his own stable would do wonders for him. WWE could have Huncio and Camacho be an "Edge Heads" type role where they help Del Rio in his matches. Like an insurance policy so to speak. It certainly gives Hunico and Camacho so material to work with since they aren't doing anything currently.

and you know what he's like the only one who repeatedly has a shtick that he uses to earn all his wins when you think about it. everyone else just gets out the 5 moves, even Punk now to a certain point does this. Del Rio always goes for his game plan and only wins by surprise when he doesn't or cannot stick to his plan. everyone complains about bs finish and 5 moves and Del Rio is pretty much the only guy going against that grain.

BadAndy
07-26-2012, 01:35 PM

I agree. The aggression has helped, but he's also added more to his arsenal. He used to be much slower with the working the arm for the armbar, but now they seem to have developed him into using more aggressive moves to weaken the arm. I do wish he had more of a finisher though instead of just a submission move.
The problem I see is that too many people compare his schtick to that of JBL and they aren't wrong. JBL though was great on the mic whereas Del Rio just isn't that dynamic. I think if they tweaked his character a little here and there he'd come off as a much better character.
As for the title picture, he needs to be there. He's short term while Ziggler is long term. Ziggler and Del Rio week in and week out own and carry Sheamus in the ring. I think that the WWE knows Ziggler is ready but really want to drag it out until everybody is begging to give him the belt. During that time, it's up to Del Rio to fill in the void until that time arrives.

El T Draino 316
07-26-2012, 01:39 PM
If he's in the main event scene because of his ethnicity and the large foreign audience he appeals to, thats completely fine with me. It makes perfect sense. But, for people to say he belongs in the WHC scene for months upon months because he's "sound in the ring" is bogus. He better be sound in the ring, he's a GD professional wrestler for the biggest company on the planet. There are a TON of solid, compitent wrestlers who aren't anywhere NEAR the main event scene (Rhodes, Hawkins, Kidd, Kofi, Cesaro, Primo, etc, etc, etc.). His above average in-ring skills shouldn't be the only reason for position. I can't remember one time that he got a decent reaction for anything. Ryders pop at Survivor Series was legitimately 5 times louder than anything Albertio's ever garnered. Rio's tough to understand on the mic and his gimmick hasn't grown at all in years. He's been more aggressive as of late, but at Vinny Mac's request - I'm not giving Del Rio props for that. That would be reaching.

Side note: Please don't bother saying Cena isn't a sound wrestler, haha. I know his moveset has dust on it, but he rarely botches and he's put on some great matches over the years. I'll leave it at that.

Playboy Stevie V
07-26-2012, 01:49 PM
I also think more promos would help ADR gain more heat and interest, instead of the same promos he has in the ring. I'm not talking about in the ring promos, but outside the ring. He started off his promos with that sort of "the most interesting man alive, stay thirsty my friends" type of promo, which was good imo.

But maybe they can do more promos from his ranch mistreating employees or breaking laws here in the United States and there is nothing anyone can do because of diplomatic immunity. WWE can do a lot to get him more interesting without them tweaking his character to much. Cause let's face it, not having a array of moves doesn't mean you can't get over. You just need a over the top character.

thedag
07-26-2012, 01:50 PM
give him back his mask and give him a face run. i say this every week when a new del rio thread is made.

wrestlingfan66513
07-26-2012, 02:16 PM

I like him also, he just gets so much heat for his mic skills from everyone around here. I am really happy he is being pushed as an aggresive heel which makes his ring work more interesting. He gets a lot more heat from the crowd than most other guys on the roster says something.

thetheme
07-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Del Rio > miz

Dennis
07-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Del Rio > miz
in ring ability
del rio > the miz
on the mic
del rio < the miz
better heel
del rio < the miz
more potential
del rio < the miz

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-26-2012, 05:05 PM
in ring ability
del rio > the miz
on the mic
del rio < the miz
better heel
del rio < the miz
more potential
del rio < the miz

To compare those two is hard. In any other company Miz and ADR could be the top two stars.

But I agree with your comparisons, nonetheless.

davieboytellem
07-26-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm more bored of Sheamus than Del Rio...that "fella" talk is getting annoying

HeelTurn
07-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Doesn't help he is feuding with Sheamus, he is bland to, putting the 2 of those together over and over is not good tv.

The Brown One
07-26-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't mind him. Hes a good wrestler. But I can think of quite a few things that would make him less..boring, because I change the channel when hes on.

1) Get rid of the flashy entrance. It's way too long, and loses it's touch after a while. We get it, hes supposed to be rich. But enough. And instead of announcing Ricardo to announce for Del Rio, just have Ricardo come out and announce him. I think that people get bored of him when they hear his music because his entrance takes so long.

2) Have him cut promos with more content than just the usual. The destiny and various Mexican insults are fine, but he needs more to make his character stand out more. In addition, have you noticed that he cuts his promos differently from everyone else? In a bad way. He pauses after saying a few words and then continues, for the whole of his promos. This makes his voice seem boring. His accent is fine, just have him change the way he cuts promos, and speaks continually - like CM Punk. It's not that hard to do.

Lowki
07-27-2012, 09:06 AM
in ring ability
del rio > the miz
on the mic
del rio < the miz
better heel
del rio < the miz
more potential
del rio < the miz
This is because Del Rio is a wrestler/fighter first. Miz made his name from being a television personality/entertainer. I'll say out of the two of them, Del Rio is probably more rounded as he's slowly getting better on the mic side of wrestling, whereas the miz isn't THAT good in the ring if i'm honest. I like the guy as an entertainer but i still can't remember anything he does besides skull crushing finale.

the bold part along with the fact that he is a good in ring performer IMO makes him a main-event superstar... the fact that the IWC hates him makes him one of the only heels in the wwe pretty much universally hated, what is kind of the purpose of a heel.
Exactly this. We may look back fondly at people like Piper and Jake the Snake but they were absolutely despised back in the day! That's hwy they are so revered now.

1. Arrive
2. Say Destiny
5. Hit an Enzuigiri
6. Cross Armbreaker
7. Leave

Did i miss anything?
He does that Codebreaker to the arm too.. jeeeez! and Ricardo as Jman stated! :D

Pumpkinhead
07-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Hey look another Del Rio bashing thread... but you already know that

Viperfish
07-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Hey look another Del Rio bashing thread... but you already know that

It's his destiny, it can't be helped.

Sahu
07-27-2012, 11:20 AM
I like Del Rio very much...he looks good and is great in the ring..

Two problems in his WWE career: 1) His Gimmick n 2) His Super fast PUSH

They might have allowed him to feud in Upper midcard n then might have pushed him...

thetheme
07-27-2012, 02:29 PM
in ring ability
del rio > the miz
on the mic
del rio < the miz
better heel
del rio < the miz
more potential
del rio < the miz

In ring ability
Del Rio > miz

Convincing/Credible threat
Del Rio > miz

Puts on better matches
Del Rio > miz

Annoying on the mic
Del Rio < miz

Little bitch
Del Rio < miz

Better seller of moves
Del Rio > miz

More Potential
Del Rio > miz

Dennis
07-27-2012, 03:38 PM
In ring ability
Del Rio > miz

Convincing/Credible threat
Del Rio > miz

Puts on better matches
Del Rio > miz

Annoying on the mic
Del Rio < miz

Little bitch
Del Rio < miz

Better seller of moves
Del Rio > miz

More Potential
Del Rio > miz
the highlighted is what makes the miz a great entertainer! He makes you hate him! and alot of those go together ie: in ring ability with sells moves, better matches, convincing threat. the reason IMO the miz has more potential is because he is better on the mic and will be in the wwe for a longer period of time. he also gets a bigger pop from the audience.

Champion
07-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus and Randy Orton bore me.

Alberto Del Rio should discover a new gimmick and dropped from the main event, Sheamus should turn heel and also be dropped from the main event and Randy Orton should turn heel and go back to his Legend Killer gimmick.

Dennis
07-27-2012, 04:16 PM

Alberto Del Rio should discover a new gimmick and dropped from the main event, Sheamus should turn heel and also be dropped from the main event and Randy Orton should turn heel and go back to his Legend Killer gimmick.
if sheamus and orton turn heel and you drop adr and sheamus from the title picture who is your face on smackdown?

magglis
07-27-2012, 04:18 PM
I found Del Rios face very funny idk why though

Dubs
07-27-2012, 05:20 PM

WWE wouldn't turn both their top babyfaces heel. Unless WWE are thinking about unifying the WWE title and the World Heavyweight title together, I can't see both Sheamus and Randy Orton turning heel.

thetheme
07-27-2012, 05:46 PM
No, what makes me hate him is because he was having people do most or all the work for him and he still was given the WWE championship and that was ridiculous. There are many times when he RUNS when the bell rings to start a match. If he went and took care of business, talked the talk and backed it up (Ziggler, Barret, Cody for example) then he would be credible. Annoying doesn't mean better, and he gets his pop just because he is/was against Cena and he is a reminder of the attitude era. That's not enough for me. Could you imagine him being a face going against heels like Lesnar, Big Show, Mark Henry, or even a heel Cena (someday hopefully) and be convincing enough to stand a chance?

The Expendable
07-27-2012, 05:48 PM
I have to say fuck no, Alberto del Rio is one of the best as far as wrestling goes, I loke him in the mic and with this new agressive style I like the dude even more

Dennis
07-27-2012, 06:04 PM
No, what makes me hate him is because he was having people do most or all the work for him and he still was given the WWE championship and that was ridiculous. There are many times when he RUNS when the bell rings to start a match. If he went and took care of business, talked the talk and backed it up (Ziggler, Barret, Cody for example) then he would be credible. Annoying doesn't mean better, and he gets his pop just because he is/was against Cena and he is a reminder of the attitude era. That's not enough for me. Could you imagine him being a face going against heels like Lesnar, Big Show, Mark Henry, or even a heel Cena (someday hopefully) and be convincing enough to stand a chance?
who are you talking about? the miz or alberto del rio? either way I totally disagree with you but I can't tell you have I disagree with you because you referred to the herson as him or he the entire time.

Champion
07-27-2012, 06:52 PM
if sheamus and orton turn heel and you drop adr and sheamus from the title picture who is your face on smackdown?

When Trent Barretta gets back from injury push him to the status of Eddie Guerrero. He will be in the World Title picture, whilst The Undertaker is the face of Smackdown.

thetheme
07-27-2012, 06:52 PM
who are you talking about? the miz or alberto del rio? either way I totally disagree with you but I can't tell you have I disagree with you because you referred to the herson as him or he the entire time.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my response. I was talking about miz in the statements you responded to. Del Rio can get it done in the ring and could be a convincing face if Del Rio ever goes that route. Del Rio is a credible threat and get have a great match one on one begining to end, and that matters on a wrestling show does it not? Talking is not enough for a wrestling program. Now if miz was on Oprah, Springer, Maury, or something like that then it would be enough. The Divas are better ring wise than miz, and that's a damn shame.

Dennis
07-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear in my response. I was talking about miz in the statements you responded to. Del Rio can get it done in the ring and could be a convincing face if Del Rio ever goes that route. Del Rio is a credible threat and get have a great match one on one begining to end, and that matters on a wrestling show does it not? Talking is not enough for a wrestling program. Now if miz was on Oprah, Springer, Maury, or something like that then it would be enough. The Divas are better ring wise than miz, and that's a damn shame.
Are you serious bro? the miz can get it done in the ring I think people dislike him based on the fact he was a reality tv star. if that is your prospective that because he's a melodramatic reality tv star, fair enough but you have to realize this is what makes him popular and successful in the wwe he can use the mic like few can in the wwe today (only cena and punk are better). and as far as the miz not being in shape? really.. really ... really!? he is 6'2" tall 220 pounds and is pretty ripped.. I'm pretty sure vince recently sent out a memo saying he wanted guys who met that exact credentials or better. IMO at least he is good for the wwe I'm not saying he is daniel bryan but he deserves to be in the main event scene and that's saying something.

When Trent Barretta gets back from injury push him to the status of Eddie Guerrero. He will be in the World Title picture, whilst The Undertaker is the face of Smackdown.
I have to disagree with your entire premise man. you can't just push a 25 year old from out of no where from a jobber or low mid carder to a main event face. sheamus is good enough to take the main event scene over plus sheamus is wwe main event size unlike trent. sheamus is 274 pounds to barreta's 203 pounds.. I can't think of a main eventer who weights less then barretta since rey mysterio and do you really think you can put him with rey? I agree that orton shouldn't be a face.

BadAndy
07-27-2012, 07:32 PM

What??? Trent Who? The guy doesn't have near the talent of Eddie or the charisma. This could be one of the worst suggestions I've ever seen.

thetheme
07-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Are you serious bro? the miz can get it done in the ring I think people dislike him based on the fact he was a reality tv star. if that is your prospective that because he's a melodramatic reality tv star, fair enough but you have to realize this is what makes him popular and successful in the wwe he can use the mic like few can in the wwe today (only cena and punk are better). and as far as the miz not being in shape? really.. really ... really!? he is 6'2" tall 220 pounds and is pretty ripped.. I'm pretty sure vince recently sent out a memo saying he wanted guys who met that exact credentials or better. IMO at least he is good for the wwe I'm not saying he is daniel bryan but he deserves to be in the main event scene and that's saying something.

Have you ever said the words, "Did you see that miz match?" No one that I have ever had conversations about wrestling has asked those words seriously. His height and weight have nothing to do with him having limited talent in the ring. He does not deserve to be in the main event scene and never did. If he would have worked harder to be great in the ring then I would have a different opinion. I don't care where he came from, I care about in ring performance according to standards. He isn't a monster. He isn't a technical wrestler. He isn't a high flyer. He isn't a brawler. He's no flashy showoff or any of that combined because he CAN'T BE. He made his name by being a little bitch that can't wrestle and that needs help. YES YES YES I'm serious bro, really.

Dennis
07-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Have you ever said the words, "Did you see that miz match?" No one that I have ever had conversations about wrestling has asked those words seriously. His height and weight have nothing to do with him having limited talent in the ring. He does not deserve to be in the main event scene and never did. If he would have worked harder to be great in the ring then I would have a different opinion. I don't care where he came from, I care about in ring performance according to standards. He isn't a monster. He isn't a technical wrestler. He isn't a high flyer. He isn't a brawler. He's no flashy showoff or any of that combined because he CAN'T BE. He made his name by being a little bitch that can't wrestle and that needs help. YES YES YES I'm serious bro, really.
did you see the miz vs christian last night? it was the best match of smackdown! you see what I did there!? as far as he isn't easy to put in a category that is usually deemed a great wrestler... edge and christian are considered great wrestlers but are not the greatest wrestlers technically speaking. they are not monsters. they don't fly around the ring all the time, but if you were to ask me to make a top 10 list of my favorite superstars of all time, edge would for sure be in my top 5. the highlighted made me laugh because I realize how well the wwe brought him up as a heel when people know it's fake but for real hate someone because of how they act in kayfabe :).