PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it is true?

Peter Kaymakcian
07-26-2012, 01:42 AM
This site has been posting numerous stories about John Cena treating other superstars like crap. For instance hooking up with Mickie James while she was engaged to Kenny Dystra. Stopping A-Ry's push because he stood up for himself when Cena was making fun of him. Trying to get Randy Orton fired because Orton wouldn't allow Cena to push other superstars around backstage. Do you guys think Cena throws his weight around that much backstage or are these just rumors?

My personal feeling is that Cena can't be that bad backstage or else why would the WWE let all of these things go? Before anyone argues him being their top draw, yeah that's true, but lets be honest Vince could create another Cena in a week. He actually did with CM Punk last summer.

AlexWorldOrder
07-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Remember when the world thought The Hulkster was the nicest guy in the planet? Haha. Wait until these dudes get older.. We'll be hearing lots of crazy shoots about HHH and Cena from all the strung out wrestlers. I wonder who the next Sheik will be, haha.

TempestH
07-26-2012, 02:03 AM
Cena doesn't seem like that kind of guy. I don't even think he has the power to pull the plug on Riley's push. It seems like he can barely control how his own character is booked.

The Brown One
07-26-2012, 02:24 AM
IMO Cena is a nice guy, who plays politics. Hes well respected by the locker room, and knows how to keep his spot at the top. If anyone else were in the position he was, they would likely put down other wrestlers to keep themselves at the top. Is it a bad thing? No, it's normal. Tons of talent over the past have done it - Hogan, Shawn Michaels and ADR come to mind.

P.S. Vince can't simply create another Cena overnight. He can create a new main eventer, but it's almost guaranteed that he won't be as over as Cena. Cena has been around for a while, and has been in the WWE title picture longer than most, so hes well over with the fans - love him or hate him. That's why hes the main ratings mover.

Peter Kaymakcian
07-26-2012, 02:29 AM
IMO Cena is a nice guy, who plays politics. Hes well respected by the locker room, and knows how to keep his spot at the top. If anyone else were in the position he was, they would likely put down other wrestlers to keep themselves at the top. Is it a bad thing? No, it's normal. Tons of talent over the past have done it - Hogan, Shawn Michaels and ADR come to mind.

P.S. Vince can't simply create another Cena overnight. He can create a new main eventer, but it's almost guaranteed that he won't be as over as Cena. Cena has been around for a while, and has been in the WWE title picture longer than most, so hes well over with the fans - love him or hate him. That's why hes the main ratings mover.

Agree with what you said for the most part, but I do disagree on the part of Vince not being able to create another Cena. If you look at Sheamus, CM Punk, Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, Mick Foley, Batista, HBK, Daniel Bryan, and Hulk Hogan was Vince skillfully picking people who he thought he could eventually turn into a break out star. I think Vince doesn't get nearly enough credit for all of the stars that he has created over the years. I mean can you think of any wrestling company in recent years that have created any stars as big as Vince's? The only one I can think of would be ECW with RVD, but other then that I can't think of any huge stars created by another company.

The Brown One
07-26-2012, 03:08 AM
Agree with what you said for the most part, but I do disagree on the part of Vince not being able to create another Cena. If you look at Sheamus, CM Punk, Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, Mick Foley, Batista, HBK, Daniel Bryan, and Hulk Hogan was Vince skillfully picking people who he thought he could eventually turn into a break out star. I think Vince doesn't get nearly enough credit for all of the stars that he has created over the years. I mean can you think of any wrestling company in recent years that have created any stars as big as Vince's? The only one I can think of would be ECW with RVD, but other then that I can't think of any huge stars created by another company.

Vince has created quite a few stars. But he has the tendency to push them down our throats, or create new stars that no one cares about - like ADR or Tensai.
But Bryan, Sheamus and Punk can't draw as well as Cena, as proven in the ratings. People say that Cena is stale, but he still gets people watching.

Peter Kaymakcian
07-26-2012, 03:31 AM
Vince has created quite a few stars. But he has the tendency to push them down our throats, or create new stars that no one cares about - like ADR or Tensai.
But Bryan, Sheamus and Punk can't draw as well as Cena, as proven in the ratings. People say that Cena is stale, but he still gets people watching.

I agree with Cena drawing more then Punk, Sheamus, and Bryan, but a question can be raised if that is more from Vince pushing Cena down or throats or his actual selling power? If you look at all the time slots Cena is put in it mostly the show opening and the main event. The two biggest parts of the show especially the main event which gets the added viewership for the run off time of people waiting for their show/movie to start. I'm not saying Cena isn't a draw because he is definitely up there on my list, I just believe that when push comes to shove Vince can create a new "guy" fairly quickly.

The Brown One
07-26-2012, 05:18 AM
I agree with Cena drawing more then Punk, Sheamus, and Bryan, but a question can be raised if that is more from Vince pushing Cena down or throats or his actual selling power? If you look at all the time slots Cena is put in it mostly the show opening and the main event. The two biggest parts of the show especially the main event which gets the added viewership for the run off time of people waiting for their show/movie to start. I'm not saying Cena isn't a draw because he is definitely up there on my list, I just believe that when push comes to shove Vince can create a new "guy" fairly quickly.

It's definitely Cena's drawing power. Remember when Punk vs put in the main event? Ratings went down. That's why the WWE got really scared and never had Punk in the main event for 8 months.

Tommy Thunder
07-26-2012, 05:59 AM
While Cena doesn't seem like the type to do this sort of thing, you never know what really goes on backstage.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-26-2012, 06:27 AM
This post was blocked by Troll Blocker

Thanks URATOOL, this has been great.

King Scrapper
07-26-2012, 07:43 AM

I can. WCW created Booker T who was their equivalent of the Rock at one point, Chris Jericho (WWE basically bought his character), Goldberg, DDP but thats about it.

King Scrapper
07-26-2012, 07:46 AM

That's the thing though..not everyone is going to be a hit. Vince can't have a spotless record or making complete stars. Of course there's going to be flops along the way.Swagger is a prime example. IMO he has been the biggest flop in the last three years. By far.

Beserker
07-26-2012, 07:48 AM
I doubt this is true there is no way cena could get his push stopped if vince thought alex could make him money he would be getting a push no matter what cena thought

Kaflichet
07-26-2012, 08:30 AM
a-ry got his push blocked bc he cant sell 4 s**t and sand bags alot

El T Draino 316
07-26-2012, 08:44 AM

It's hard for other promotions to create stars as big as Vince because no other promotion is on such a grand star-making stage as the WWE. It's the most global, mainstream, financially powerful wrestling company on the planet - of course it's easier for Vince to produce stars than ROH or New Japan (etc). And please don't get me wrong, I'm aware that Vince is a mastermind of the industry, I'm just trying to place credit in the proper places.

One other thing, to me, there is a big difference between making stars, and harnessing stars. Stone Cold, CM Punk, and Daniel Bryan are 3 guys that you listed that MADE themselves BIG stars (they were obviously in the spotlight to an extent before). Austin had his 3:16 moment, Punk had his promo, and Daniel Bryan had the loyal and noisy crowds of Miami at Wrestlemania XXXVIII. Vince didn't make them stars, but he recognized their enormous and sudden boost in popularity, and he pushed them and their merchandise to the moon. So lets give some credit to the wrestlers who make their own exposure.. it's not ALL Vinny Mac.

Rottenpuppets
07-26-2012, 08:53 AM
The average idiot can comprehend 4-6 wrestling moves.

This makes Cena perfect for 99% of the fans, not the internet forum types.

Continued forcing of Cena pie will happen until he snaps, croaks, or walks away.

Lowki
07-26-2012, 09:32 AM
This site has been posting numerous stories about John Cena treating other superstars like crap. For instance hooking up with Mickie James while she was engaged to Kenny Dystra. Stopping A-Ry's push because he stood up for himself when Cena was making fun of him. Trying to get Randy Orton fired because Orton wouldn't allow Cena to push other superstars around backstage. Do you guys think Cena throws his weight around that much backstage or are these just rumors?

My personal feeling is that Cena can't be that bad backstage or else why would the WWE let all of these things go? Before anyone argues him being their top draw, yeah that's true, but lets be honest Vince could create another Cena in a week. He actually did with CM Punk last summer.
Shock, horror, Ken Doane is linked with all three news pieces. Cena might be Vince's boy, but remember who Orton is close to... If Orton returns and doesn't go straight into the title picture, I will be shocked. Everyone else who has been suspended during a big push have suffered straight after returning - Chris Masters (even started getting jokes about his "man boobs" from commentators/ozzy osbourne along with "losing size" jokes), Anderson (from MITB winner to nothing), Regal was looking likely to have a shot at the title a few years back and has done nothing since his suspension following KOTR. Cena might suggest action against Orton (he is reportedly a dick anyway) but i doubt he lobbied for his termination.
CM Punk was never as over as John Cena - he outsold cena for a few months but that screams fad, not replacement. There was a story a few months ago about WWE finding their new "face" for when Cena starts cutting down (a few years from now) so if it was as easy as that, they would've done it by now. It took them a long time to replace Hogan. Lex Luger and Warrior both failed to get close to Hogan when they were built to replace him, and the Warrior was already extremely popular!

Alexworldorder, nobody thought Hogan was nice back in the 90s. He was known as a steroid and drug abuser. HBK's personality was well known at the time; started on marines in a bar thinking he was tough because he had two huge wrestlers with him (Bulldog and someone else) who ended up saving him from a worse beating; Partied HARD and that was known too. Triple H's egotistical side is already well known; Hated the Rock and lobbied (along with HBK) to try and get rid of him, buried many people out of dislike - Road Dogg and Billy Gunn were extremely vocal for years about how much they hated him and shawn.

Cena was single and dated mickie, it says more about Mickie than Cena. According to Doane, Mickie was moved by management, not by Cena's request.

Jerichoholic_92
07-26-2012, 10:12 AM
It's probably not Cena per se. When you have as much star power as Cena, people most likely conform and suck up to him. So if someone pisses Cena off, he can be vocal about it. And management know which one they need to keep sweet.

Haruko Haruhara
07-26-2012, 12:02 PM

I dont think anything that they say is true. I mean come on! Who is going to listen to a guy who could not make it in the WWE. He is just bitter.

Asherdelampyr
07-26-2012, 12:17 PM

lets break this down

Do I believe Cena fucked Mickie James?

Yeah, and I can't even be mad at him for it, I'd strangle a toddler just to be in the room while Mickie James is having sex.

Do I believe that he ribbed Riley?

Yeah, probably. Wrestlers have been ribbing each other for years, and I am pretty sure all of them are involved by now, just listen to guys like Foley and JBL.

Do I believe that Riley is not being pushed because he reacted badly to being ribbed?

Hell no. Riley was getting a good pop for a while, right up until the casual fans forgot about him slapping The Miz around. I honestly think he didn't get over so much as Miz got their feud over (Which marks the first time I have given Miz credit for anything positive) I see his spot now as just another lower midcarder, that while undeniably talented, unfortunately did not make as much of his shot as he could have. We see the WWE do this all the time with guys, they get a solid push for a few weeks or months, then if they still aren't totally over, they get shot back down.

Do I believe that Cena tried to get Orton fired?

Fuck no, this is the same Cena that is actually shown on the new Orton DVD bringing the guy lunch, and talking to his daughter. The guys are known to have been friends in RL since their time in OVW. Added to that is that Orton really doesn't strike me as the guy that would get in that situation, he seems more the type to sit back and watch. (though I could be wrong on that last part, as it is only speculation)

Do I believe that Cena is a total dick to people back stage?

No, We have very few people who get out of WWE and shit talk him as a person, whereas just about everyone else, even in the middle of ragging on a bunch of other guys, as soon as Cena's name is brought up always name the same traits.

Hard working.
Friendly.
Helpful.

We've had what, 3 guys say otherwise ever? I just don't buy it.

now as to the point that has been made that everyone thought Hogan was a nice guy for years?

Yeah, that was before 2 major changes

1. The Internet becoming the source of trash talk it is today

2. The Rampant Shoot interviews.

Back when Hogan was the face of the WWF, there wasn't some disgruntled (word of the day) ex-worker doing a shoot every week. (Though obviously there were still a few shoots) Nor was there Twitter, Facebook or hundreds of wrestling podcasts willing to pay these disgruntled men and women to talk shit, essentially. We all know that no good shoot happens without someone's name being dragged through the mud. So without those resources it was a lot harder to have any idea of what anyone was like behind the scenes.

Cabers
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Well i don't think he seems the type but then i don't know him at all! But it is starting to be a bit much i mean ok maybe 1 guy but it is starting to build up now.

jackhalloween
07-26-2012, 12:43 PM
I remember, reading that Cena broke the arm of Michael Tarver. The reports do come from former employees. I don't beleive Cena is going to be nice all the time. Especially, being on the road with the same people all the time.

Asherdelampyr
07-26-2012, 12:54 PM
I remember, reading that Cena broke the arm of Michael Tarver. The reports do come from former employees. I don't beleive Cena is going to be nice all the time. Especially, being on the road with the same people all the time.

yeah, that report came from Michael Tarver's twitter account, and was laughed at by everyone else.

Dubs
07-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Michael Tarver acknowledged in an interview that John Cena broke his arm by accident but claims Cena joked about it afterwards. I find it amusing that his original story was that John Cena broke his arm intentionally because of Cena being jealous of Tarver which is another reason why I don't buy into what Michael Tarver is saying. His story is way over the place so I would probably take what hes saying with a grain of salt.

I don't think John Cena is this "evil" man that tries to bury talent like the reports are suggesting. I think hes someone who likes to joke around with his co-workers. Chris Jericho and also CM Punk have went up to bat for John Cena, saying how much of good guy he is. I'll take Jericho and Punk's word over Kenny Doane's word any day.

Asherdelampyr
07-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Michael Tarver acknowledged in an interview that John Cena broke his arm by accident but claims Cena joked about it afterwards. I find it amusing that his original story was that John Cena broke his arm intentionally because of Cena being jealous of Tarver which is another reason why I don't buy into what Michael Tarver is saying. His story is way over the place so I would probably take what hes saying with a grain of salt.

I don't think John Cena is this "evil" man that tries to bury talent like the reports are suggesting. I think hes someone who likes to joke around with his co-workers. Chris Jericho and also CM Punk have went up to bat for John Cena, saying how much of good guy he is. I'll take Jericho and Punk's word over Kenny Doane's word any day.

isn't that what it always comes down to?
but yeah, Jericho is a much more believable source, and if Cena really did screw Mickie (good for him!) while she was engaged to Kenny, would it be any surprise that Kenny wants to try and hurt Cena any way that he can?

BadAndy
07-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Cena might be a nice guy but even nice guys can have egos and do things that maybe they aren't aware they are doing. I think that Cena has been given a golden spoon and that spoon probably has made Cena do things that naturally he wouldn't do. Do I buy much of what is said here? Meh, some I do and some I don't. If reports were true that the WWE was trying to do what they could to keep Cena happy throughout his divorce, then I might think that Cena thinks that things swing his way more than not. He's important enough to say something and have people get on it.

What I really don't like is Kenny Doane. This tool is a bitter former employee that had something person involve him that he's not gotten over. If Cena slept with Mickey James that's fine. Neither of them were married and they made a choice. They might be cheaters but there's nothing binding between a boyfriend and girlfriend. I think Doane has heard some things or knows half of some things but misrepresents it. Look at what he said with Tara. The fool is sitting at home still crying over spilled milk and it seems his soul purpose is to take these tidbits and milk them for all they're worth on the social media. He's waited until the divorce has happened. He's waited until the following of fans have grown bored of Cena. He says things and nobody questions him.

Bottom line, Cena is human (when not in the ring) and he's going to act human. We never know how we'd react in certain situations or if we suddenly had more money and fame than we would even know what to do with.

Dennis
07-26-2012, 01:31 PM
isn't that what it always comes down to?
but yeah, Jericho is a much more believable source, and if Cena really did screw Mickie (good for him!) while she was engaged to Kenny, would it be any surprise that Kenny wants to try and hurt Cena any way that he can?
to add on that... didn't he just admit that he lied about cena cheating on his wife with victoria after victoria called him out as a liar and said while they did have sex they had sex before cena was married... kenny needs to go back to what ever his job is now that he is so happy at now and leave cena to do his job. I have no clue about the riley report.. but on the orton report I think that is silly.. they seem to be good friends now and plus cena knows orton is good for business

thedag
07-26-2012, 01:46 PM
there is a lot of interviews with ex wwe stars that say cena is very nice.

BadAndy
07-26-2012, 01:49 PM
there is a lot of interviews with ex wwe stars that say cena is very nice.

Great point.

Also, I LOVE your photo!!!! Nobody is better than the King of Cool!

johnnydropkicks
07-26-2012, 01:50 PM
I think Cena likes being nice.

I think Cena likes being Mr. Nice Cena.

I think Cena likes the idea of continuing those former pursuits.

And I think Cena likes doing stuff to make sure he will still able to do those things.

Cena didn't help Ryder out for no reason.

He's nice sure, but he's also careful about things in WWE and his position and such.

Asherdelampyr
07-26-2012, 02:56 PM
I think Cena likes being nice.

I think Cena likes being Mr. Nice Cena.

I think Cena likes the idea of continuing those former pursuits.

And I think Cena likes doing stuff to make sure he will still able to do those things.

Cena didn't help Ryder out for no reason.

He's nice sure, but he's also careful about things in WWE and his position and such.

absolutely, making that much money, he damn well should be

HeelTurn
07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
If he is a complete dick backstage, does it matter?

He apparently doesn't sign autographs for men, only kiddies and women, does that make him a dick?

Anyone who has worked, or gone to school, college etc knows you won't get on well with everyone, you will have your friends, your acquaintances and those you dislike, same goes for WWE.

The Brown One
07-26-2012, 08:06 PM
That's the thing though..not everyone is going to be a hit. Vince can't have a spotless record or making complete stars. Of course there's going to be flops along the way.Swagger is a prime example. IMO he has been the biggest flop in the last three years. By far.

It seems in recent memory though, that hes created more shitty stars than great ones.

I can. WCW created Booker T who was their equivalent of the Rock at one point, Chris Jericho (WWE basically bought his character), Goldberg, DDP but thats about it.

True, but that's not that many, and that was ages ago. New stars need to be created consistently, because the current crop won't be around forever.

maar13
07-26-2012, 10:15 PM
It's definitely Cena's drawing power. Remember when Punk vs put in the main event? Ratings went down. That's why the WWE got really scared and never had Punk in the main event for 8 months.

Just one note to that, yes when Punk got in the ratings dropped a bit, but Since Cena has main evented and I mean since 2005, Ratings has dropped on a yearly basis, the biggest rating they got back was when Edge became champion for the first time, and after that, doesn't matter what, Cena is put at the top position.

Hell he was out for quite a while during 2008 and the ratings were steady until he got back as the champion, and is not bashing him, is just the truth.

And on the things you read about him, more than anything is taking a little out of context, if you read Ken's statements they are full of missfactors that have been even cleared by some other stars, and even the dates doesn't match, Mickie was champion and started it before even going out with Cena, Ken was at midcard even before it started it.

The thing with Orton was even missplaced and planted by Ken (by saying that Cena might want him fired after this suspension), When Cena was trying to "get" Orton fire (End of 2005 - berginning of 2006), it was not for standing up to Cena, Orton at the time had a reputation of being an absolute asshole, so bad that even The Undertaker and HHH (who was supposed to be his friend at the time) didn't wanted anything to do with him anymore.

Actually, Cena and Orton are close friends, and that people tend to forget things, They were even rumored to be involved into Kennnedy's dismisal, and to be working together to remain at the top during 2008 and mostly 2009 and one of the reasons for Orton to be at smackdown was for the both of them to be at the top...But Smackdown has always being a different animal than Raw.

So maybe he is a bully backstage, don't really think so thst much, but seriously, you hear stories of everyone there, from Punk, to Cena to HHH to even people like Taker and Foley back in the day, so take most of it as a grain of salt.

FXK2I
07-27-2012, 04:32 AM
I remember during an interview Cena said that he liked banging fat chicks.

The Brown One
07-27-2012, 04:42 AM

Just one note to that, yes when Punk got in the ratings dropped a bit, but Since Cena has main evented and I mean since 2005, Ratings has dropped on a yearly basis, the biggest rating they got back was when Edge became champion for the first time, and after that, doesn't matter what, Cena is put at the top position.

Hell he was out for quite a while during 2008 and the ratings were steady until he got back as the champion, and is not bashing him, is just the truth.

And on the things you read about him, more than anything is taking a little out of context, if you read Ken's statements they are full of missfactors that have been even cleared by some other stars, and even the dates doesn't match, Mickie was champion and started it before even going out with Cena, Ken was at midcard even before it started it.

The thing with Orton was even missplaced and planted by Ken (by saying that Cena might want him fired after this suspension), When Cena was trying to "get" Orton fire (End of 2005 - berginning of 2006), it was not for standing up to Cena, Orton at the time had a reputation of being an absolute asshole, so bad that even The Undertaker and HHH (who was supposed to be his friend at the time) didn't wanted anything to do with him anymore.

Actually, Cena and Orton are close friends, and that people tend to forget things, They were even rumored to be involved into Kennnedy's dismisal, and to be working together to remain at the top during 2008 and mostly 2009 and one of the reasons for Orton to be at smackdown was for the both of them to be at the top...But Smackdown has always being a different animal than Raw.

So maybe he is a bully backstage, don't really think so thst much, but seriously, you hear stories of everyone there, from Punk, to Cena to HHH to even people like Taker and Foley back in the day, so take most of it as a grain of salt.

So Cena is responsible for the ratings dropping into the 3.1 range? I'll have to look into this.

As for everything else, it's not too hard to believe that Cena could be screwing around backstage. It's unfortunate for Kenny about what happened with him and Mickie, but as for everything else, its not that bad. Cenas still a great guy.

rodrik
07-27-2012, 10:44 AM

yeah, I remember that one, he said that his friends challenged him to bang her, and he did with no complaints, and with his head high :D

Peter Kaymakcian
07-27-2012, 02:17 PM
So I think for the most part we all agree that these rumors are pretty much just that, rumors.

Asherdelampyr
07-27-2012, 02:54 PM

The only people that don't like banging fat chicks haven't given them a fair chance.

maar13
07-27-2012, 07:25 PM
So Cena is responsible for the ratings dropping into the 3.1 range? I'll have to look into this.

As for everything else, it's not too hard to believe that Cena could be screwing around backstage. It's unfortunate for Kenny about what happened with him and Mickie, but as for everything else, its not that bad. Cenas still a great guy.

No, I didn't say he was responsible for it, but during his time it has happened...Which is not the same, you can put it on Past superstars leaving, wrestling in general losing people's interest and yes, going for a lighter product, in general has put wrestling in this position, not just Cena or Punk.

Take Shawn Michaels as an example, great worker, a lot of charisma but when he was the champion ratings slided and it was not really because of Shawn alone, the competition became stronger and pushed them to do something aobut their ways.

Right now they have not much to worry about so they do what they want and even when Cena was champion, there were a couple of times the rating on very bad nights was below 3.0 but only when someone else is the champion people take notice and when it goes up and the champion is neither HHH or Cena, they pass it up, when Edge won the title the ratings spiked, and he actually maintained them but WWE didn't care and put the belt back on Cena 3 weeks later and things started to get normal again. I am not Saying Edge= Ratings but the thing is that they dropped the ball several times only to protect John with out real proof that the other wrestlers can't draw.

And as far as John being a great guy, He seems like a nice guy and haven't heard him being an ass to the public, and I am no real fan of the guy but reading all the crap about him being a bully backstage and a complete ass is actually tiresome, only one or two guys say something and other people call them out and they back down, like little Ken.