PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's Interim GM

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-25-2012, 11:03 PM
So TNA is teasing an interim GM tomorrow night for Impact. According to Bischoff it is going to get "very interesting." Who could it be? I am thinking with all the nostalgia we have had around wrestling lately we may get to see a legend.

I doubt that TNA called up The Ultimate Warrior but that would be awesome. For some reason Jesse Ventura pop into my head too even though I know it is not likely. If anyone, my guess is that they did not appear on Monday Night.

I'd go bat-shit if it is Shieky-baby.

Thoughts?

scribbler_jones
07-25-2012, 11:17 PM
So TNA is teasing an interim GM tomorrow night for Impact. According to Bischoff it is going to get "very interesting." Who could it be? I am thinking with all the nostalgia we have had around wrestling lately we may get to see a legend.

I doubt that TNA called up The Ultimate Warrior but that would be awesome. For some reason Jesse Ventura pop into my head too even though I know it is not likely. If anyone, my guess is that they did not appear on Monday Night.

Thoughts?

Offhand, I really don't have any ideas on who may take the seat of Interim GM... although I think it odd that Bischoff would throw in his two cents on the matter - despite being (kayfabe) no longer with TNA...

Rockstar83
07-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Since we are talking about TNA here LOL....let me guess (without thinking...) Eric Bishoff? lol

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Offhand, I really don't have any ideas on who may take the seat of Interim GM... although I think it odd that Bischoff would throw in his two cents on the matter - despite being (kayfabe) no longer with TNA...

He normally does that. He makes it well known he is apart of TNA still. I don't think it can be him since Dixie picked him or her out herself.

scribbler_jones
07-25-2012, 11:23 PM
@YCCMCrack - Hmm, good point... I'm totally in the dark here. I'm guessing (or at least hoping) that it will be a name that will generate a lot of buzz... but who?

Great One
07-25-2012, 11:25 PM
The only one I can think of is Bischoff since he commented on it but I have no clue

thedag
07-25-2012, 11:39 PM
you all will be let down.

AlexWorldOrder
07-26-2012, 12:08 AM
It could be an unknown midget and I could probably care less lol
as long as they keep these episodes as good as they have been. Chavo is debuting too!

kiltbill
07-26-2012, 12:23 AM
It could be an unknown midget and I could probably care less lol
as long as they keep these episodes as good as they have been. Chavo is debuting too!

Agreed. Only matters to the ego's of a few, to most folks it's the wrestling that we're tuning in for.

FXK2I
07-26-2012, 01:31 AM
Big poppa pump

tchocky360
07-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Joey Ryan if interesting. Nick Hogan if not

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-26-2012, 08:10 AM

Thoughts?

If it was Shiek, the IWC would shut down. So many haters and so many lovers. It would be epic, but everyone (thedag included) would hate on in, regardless if it was done well or not.

Big poppa pump

I seriously doubt it, but it would be pretty funny.

My honest thought is that it won't be a big name that we're hoping for. I expect (especially with his tweet) Nash to be back in the position, unfortunately. I do think that it'd be a better name than Brooke Hogan, but seriously I hope it's not Nash. I would much rather it be a one-off with Tommy Dreamer or Raven. My favorite would be for Scott De'More to walk into the Impact Zone and completely shock everyone who has been a fan of TNA for a while. I would love it even more if he walked out with the Maple Leaf Muscle on his side... But then again, I don't get to do the writing. I just put in my two cents.

RobHimself
07-26-2012, 08:49 AM
My guess it will be brooke hogan as well with shitty segments of her trying to find out who attacked her dad.

Lowki
07-26-2012, 09:37 AM
It will be the person who will eventually revealed as the conspirator of "Deadmans hand" or whatever they are called (Aces and 8s?)

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-26-2012, 11:25 AM

Most likely but speculating is half the fun!

Poot-Hair
07-26-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm going to say Bischoff or Brooke Hogan in all seriousness.

But I'd personally love to see some old school guys like Raven or maybe even that Joey Ryan kid. I think that could be fun.

jackhalloween
07-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Jeff Jarrett, this will lead to his deadman's hand.

Cabers
07-26-2012, 03:09 PM
I would think Bischoff but obvious move is obvious. So going off of TNAs record of getting everyone excited (see THEM storyline) i will say its Sting.

HeelTurn
07-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Double J or Karen Jarrett in my opinion, if they are behind the attacks on Hogan and Sting it makes sense.

HCollins-TNA1
07-26-2012, 05:21 PM
I want to say someone who has history in TNA..... Probably want be the biggest surprise..... but it will be great to see who-ever it is...

wrestlingfan66513
07-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Matt Morgan would be a huge swerve in my opinion since everyone is expecting him to jump.

thedag
07-26-2012, 05:56 PM
chris masters

rofecoxib22
07-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Lemme guess...AJ from Raw since they are borrowing storylines... i mean can't they at least wait until WWE is done with their storyline...I mean just this past monday WWE announces their new GM after it being a mystery for a few weeks and whadda ya know her comes TNA with the same damn follow-up..Couldn't they have just appointed someone...I know Hogan is out but isn't Dixie there...she could have come out and announced who the new GM was gonna be...all this mystery crap like they are gonna do something with it... give it up TNA...be original or like i said at least wait until you decide to get the scraps from WWE

thedag
07-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Lemme guess...AJ from Raw since they are borrowing storylines... i mean can't they at least wait until WWE is done with their storyline...I mean just this past monday WWE announces their new GM after it being a mystery for a few weeks and whadda ya know her comes TNA with the same damn follow-up..Couldn't they have just appointed someone...I know Hogan is out but isn't Dixie there...she could have come out and announced who the new GM was gonna be...all this mystery crap like they are gonna do something with it... give it up TNA...be original or like i said at least wait until you decide to get the scraps from WWE

so who you think it will be really?

thedag
07-26-2012, 07:06 PM

yup it was a let down.

rofecoxib22
07-26-2012, 07:09 PM
@thedag I hope its no one..they need to be original...go outside the box...all of this wrestling GM crap is stupid... I mean let WWE run with it...TNA needs to be original like they used to be and innovate like they used to and fly like they used to...its there but when they keep doing what WWE does tic for tac then its like seen that done that.. and then its like i said immediately after or even during a WWE storyline that they use something similar...like when AJ from WWE had the crush on Punk/Bryan then a few weeks later Madison Rayne has her so-called crush on Hebner...give me a break...if they can change back to that unorthodox, unpredictable style of storyline telling that they used to do then they would blow WWE out of the water... I am a big WWE fan but I like competition and right now TNA is not it .... back in the day that A in TNA stood for alternative because they were damn sure on their way

thedag
07-26-2012, 07:11 PM
@thedag I hope its no one..they need to be original...go outside the box...all of this wrestling GM crap is stupid... I mean let WWE run with it...TNA needs to be original like they used to be and innovate like they used to and fly like they used to...its there but when they keep doing what WWE does tic for tac then its like seen that done that.. and then its like i said immediately after or even during a WWE storyline that they use something similar...like when AJ from WWE had the crush on Punk/Bryan then a few weeks later Madison Rayne has her so-called crush on Hebner...give me a break...if they can change back to that unorthodox, unpredictable style of storyline telling that they used to do then they would blow WWE out of the water... I am a big WWE fan but I like competition and right now TNA is not it .... back in the day that A in TNA stood for alternative because they were damn sure on their way

but it was someone.

rofecoxib22
07-26-2012, 07:37 PM
but it was someone.

and your point issssssssssssss...... you asked me my opinion... of course they were going to pick someone....the plan was in motion but since you asked my opinion i gave it to you...think before you type

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-27-2012, 09:01 AM

Okay, so the previous GM got jumped by an outside group and put into the hospital on WWE? See, the show I saw had the GM fueding with the face of the company only to have the face of the company beat him in a match and get fired... But I guess, these stories are identical and TNA is "ripping off WWE" since they named a new GM in Sting as being a temp until Hogan returns after surgery. Man, you are so smart.

Seriously, the ONLY thing that these two stories have in common is that they are both stories being told on a weekly show. Other than that, you're pulling at strings in this theory of yours... And BTW, why is TNA supposed to wait for WWE to run ANY story before running their own? If a news paper gets a piece of news, and another paper runs a similiar article, are news group X supposed to wait until News Group Y finishes running the article? If that's the case, you would choose to go with the paper who provided the most entertaining and factual story possible... Not be pissed off that they ran the same article. If that's the logic that we as the consumer of the wrestling industry are supposed to go by, then TNA can continue doing whatever they want since TNA has been giving better stories than WWE since before the start of the summer. I can name 4 solid stories (Roode/Storm, Abyss/Bully, A&8's, Joey Ryan, all of which are involving different "wrestlers"/characters with the exceptional cross-over of Roode, Storm, Styles being involved in the A&8's angle) that TNA has been putting out in the past 4 months... How many in the WWE can you name? AJ/Bryan/Punk and Y2J/Punk (both which involve only 1 "superstar" as the focus... Anymore?

masakaritko
07-27-2012, 11:55 AM
In the words of drew McIntyre, TIDDY LOWNG. Once again I expect him to end up the permanent gm again.

rofecoxib22
07-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Okay, so the previous GM got jumped by an outside group and put into the hospital on WWE? See, the show I saw had the GM fueding with the face of the company only to have the face of the company beat him in a match and get fired... But I guess, these stories are identical and TNA is "ripping off WWE" since they named a new GM in Sting as being a temp until Hogan returns after surgery. Man, you are so smart.

Seriously, the ONLY thing that these two stories have in common is that they are both stories being told on a weekly show. Other than that, you're pulling at strings in this theory of yours... And BTW, why is TNA supposed to wait for WWE to run ANY story before running their own? If a news paper gets a piece of news, and another paper runs a similiar article, are news group X supposed to wait until News Group Y finishes running the article? If that's the case, you would choose to go with the paper who provided the most entertaining and factual story possible... Not be pissed off that they ran the same article. If that's the logic that we as the consumer of the wrestling industry are supposed to go by, then TNA can continue doing whatever they want since TNA has been giving better stories than WWE since before the start of the summer. I can name 4 solid stories (Roode/Storm, Abyss/Bully, A&8's, Joey Ryan, all of which are involving different "wrestlers"/characters with the exceptional cross-over of Roode, Storm, Styles being involved in the A&8's angle) that TNA has been putting out in the past 4 months... How many in the WWE can you name? AJ/Bryan/Punk and Y2J/Punk (both which involve only 1 "superstar" as the focus... Anymore?

Thanks for seeing that i am smart...but you on the other hand my friend are totally ignorant.... before you jump into a conversation between two people you should know what you are talking about... I was asked my opinion thats right my opinion by another individual and i gave it.... your comparison about two newspapers makes no sense and is irrelevant...we are talking about two companies that are running a television show that are within an earshot of each other as far as storylines... my point is simple WWE is running a storyline about a love interest and GM and within the next breath TNA is doing the same thing... its redundant.... i watch both programs and after seeing a storyline being run on one show i am expecting something different on the other one.... even if the characters are from different companies they are still running the same damn storyline.... like i said WWE started with their AJ/Punk/Bryan angle along with a mystery GM and within three days after that here comes TNA with their Madison/Hebner angle.... and as far as your opinion on TNA running better storylines than WWE thats all it is your opinion which i could care less about because mine is that WWE is running some very good storylines period and thats my view... my only gripe is if TNA is going to do something similar to at least wait for it to die down and then pick it up and vice versa if WWE sees something that TNA is doing I hope they do the same.... So before you jump into an intelligent conversation between two people make sure you do your homework kid

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks for seeing that i am smart...but you on the other hand my friend are totally ignorant.... before you jump into a conversation between two people you should know what you are talking about... I was asked my opinion thats right my opinion by another individual and i gave it.... your comparison about two newspapers makes no sense and is irrelevant...we are talking about two companies that are running a television show that are within an earshot of each other as far as storylines... my point is simple WWE is running a storyline about a love interest and GM and within the next breath TNA is doing the same thing... its redundant.... i watch both programs and after seeing a storyline being run on one show i am expecting something different on the other one.... even if the characters are from different companies they are still running the same damn storyline.... like i said WWE started with their AJ/Punk/Bryan angle along with a mystery GM and within three days after that here comes TNA with their Madison/Hebner angle.... and as far as your opinion on TNA running better storylines than WWE thats all it is your opinion which i could care less about because mine is that WWE is running some very good storylines period and thats my view... my only gripe is if TNA is going to do something similar to at least wait for it to die down and then pick it up and vice versa if WWE sees something that TNA is doing I hope they do the same.... So before you jump into an intelligent conversation between two people make sure you do your homework kid

Haha, here's some homework for ya ;)

You are welcome for the compliment. I am glad you took it that way because after I posted, I kind of thought you might take it like I was insulting you in some way. I am certainly relieved that this was not the case. Now onto my “totally ignorant” point of view… First things first. If you are trying to have an “intimate conversation” in which you hope that no one would criticize your opinion, there is a magic way to send someone what is known as a “private message.” This mean no one other than the individual you are concerned with having a conversation can see what you post; however, if you post a thought or opinion in the main thread, you are expressing your opinion for public consumption, as well as criticism… I’m sorry you do not like this, but if we can criticize our head governing figures for what they say in a public forum, I highly doubt I am going to consider you to be more privileged.

As for my “two newspapers” comparison, let’s look at it from this perspective and maybe you can catch my meaning. If you choose to get your news from Fox News, CNN, Yahoo, or MSNBC, you choose based on the “quality” and “entertainment” of the news article you read. The same can be said by the movies you choose to see, actors you tend to follow, hobbies you may have. Virtually all things in life can be tied into these two factors; Quality and Entertainment. This is a DIRECT comparison to what we see in the wrestling industry if you would care to have a little insight… Much like the news industry (companies, since this is the word you choose), all wrestling companies run similar storylines, would you agree? Kevin Steen “holding ROH hostage” as champion could be compared to other storylines in the business. Now your argument is that you would like for there to be a time distance between these similar stories, correct? I can understand you and even agree if it was Madison Rayne involved with say Austin Aries and Bobby Roode to assume a love triangle. Yes these stories would be similar in that they were both a “love triangle.” If Rayne was then granted to be the interim GM for Impact, your comparison would be spot on. However, Rayne has nothing to do with the GM scene, nor is she involved in a “love triangle” so that comparison falls flat. If you want to use the aspect of “having a love interest” as your terms to compare the two product then WWE is ripping off TNA since ODB and EY are young and in love and married. They have been this way for MANY months now and the angle has yet to end, even if EY was off TV to film his new show and recover from his procedure… You see, by your standards ODB/EY can be compared to Punk/Danielson/AJ because they are involved in a “love interest” angle. It’s kind of a broad range of criteria in which MANY angles would fit, not just the ones you listed.

As for the aspect of “naming a new GM” there is a substantial difference in these storylines. RAW was naming a “new permanent” GM to replace the former character in that position. TNA placed Sting in an “in the mean time” role while the current and active GM is recuperating from the “beating and broken pelvis” that was given to him at the hands of an invading group. Just because the words “new GM” are used is not a way to make these stories similar. Yes, two “GMs were named” but in no way are they considered “similar stories.” It just happens to be an aspect used to advance the storyline. One says it is a permanent replacement to fill a position, where as the other is just to keep order in the Impact Zone while the GM is out of commission.

Now to tie in the original point that a newspaper to wrestling is comparable, look at it from this perspective. Which wrestling show do you choose; the one that entertains you? Which news source/company do you choose; the one that entertains you? This is all what it boils down to. Entertainment is why you choose to indulge your curiosities. If you are choosing “The Globe” because of its lineage, then that is your prerogative. I choose “The Journal” because it keeps my attention and makes me want to read more. This is where the current state of the E Universe versus TNA currently sits. TNA keeps my attention and makes me want to see more, whereas the E Universe has a great deal of lineage, so I can’t ignore it, but the stories they run, much like with “The Globe”, fall flat and tend to allow my interest to tune out when viewing.

You are correct in that my opinion belongs to me. However, you made no compelling argument as to which angles WWE are running that are keeping you attention. Why exclude the obvious redeeming fact from your post? If you think that Ryback and his gimmick makes for interesting TV, then by all means defend it. You won’t be wrong because only you know what you like. I defended which angles keep my interest, and if you’d care to have an intelligent conversation as to learn why, then by all means we can discuss this. Of course, this means that you will be subjected to criticism over these views, as will I, but I am not afraid of what others might think when it comes to my views on entertaining television…

Now as for homework, I am pretty sure I have enough knowledge to pass the class without the extra study. If you care to find out, then carry on the conversation with an intellectual response, rather than dodging, redirecting, and downplaying the most vital of information contained inside the conversation, because right now you are coming across more as a politician rather than a wrestling fan… But then again, that’s just my opinion, right? Trust me, I don’t expect you to actually read this, because most people tend to only want to make sure others hear what they have to say, rather than listening to their opposition. For me, however, I like a good conversation and tend to try drawing them out.