PDA

View Full Version : Now give R-Truth a mid-card title

StingNWO
07-24-2012, 04:28 PM
I think Christian should have held the IC title longer but they did the right thing by choosing Miz to get it. Which brings me to Truth, get the titles off him and Kofi and give Truth a mid-card championship. He held the US title for like a week back in 2010 then made him lose to Miz just so D-Bryan could take it off Miz.

My point Truth is an established mid-carder. Cody, Miz. Kofi, Doph, all had good reigns as IC or US champs. Let Truth run with one for awhile.

Playboy Stevie V
07-24-2012, 04:51 PM
As for Kofi and Truth breaking up and losing the tag titles, I'm all for that because they are not a true tag team in my old school definition.

Now as for him getting the US belt, I say why? They should turn Truth back heel again, because that's where he excelled, but he doesn't need a belt for a push IMO.

I'd rather a younger star get a shot with the US belt. Like Slater, Sandow, Antonio C, Tyson Kidd...etc. Just my opinion.

Dennis
07-24-2012, 05:09 PM
As for Kofi and Truth breaking up and losing the tag titles, I'm all for that because they are not a true tag team in my old school definition.

Now as for him getting the US belt, I say why? They should turn Truth back heel again, because that's where he excelled, but he doesn't need a belt for a push IMO.

I'd rather a younger star get a shot with the US belt. Like Slater, Sandow, Antonio C, Tyson Kidd...etc. Just my opinion.
agreed. if anything throw truth over to smackdown and have him run after the heavyweight title.. he is pretty over with the fans right now having him as a mid card champ seems silly unless they are going to combine the championships or something to that effect (at this point does anyone really like the us title?)

G.G.G.
07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
I think after seeing last night the reuniting of the Brothers of Destruction I think it may lead to the Tag Team Titles for them. Now I agree R-Truth needs to be pushed but at this moment I really don't know what they are going to use him for other than comedy. He actually got hurt by the Bourne suspension because they stuck him with Kofi who will never be anything other than a glorified mid carder, and now they are barely on TV in a nonexsistent Tag Team division.

My plan for R-Truth (which would also help Kofi and the Tag Team Division) is to turn Truth and Kofi heel as the Tag Champs, with Taker rumored to wrestle a few more matches before Wrestlemania, have Taker and Kane win the Titles off them, then move one to Smackdown! and feud with Sheamus (personally Truth) because when they were both pushed into the main event both Truth and Kofi excelled. I think the other should win the US Title off Santino

thedag
07-24-2012, 07:14 PM
]I think after seeing last night the reuniting of the Brothers of Destruction I think it may lead to the Tag Team Titles for them.[/B] Now I agree R-Truth needs to be pushed but at this moment I really don't know what they are going to use him for other than comedy. He actually got hurt by the Bourne suspension because they stuck him with Kofi who will never be anything other than a glorified mid carder, and now they are barely on TV in a nonexsistent Tag Team division.

My plan for R-Truth (which would also help Kofi and the Tag Team Division) is to turn Truth and Kofi heel as the Tag Champs, with Taker rumored to wrestle a few more matches before Wrestlemania, have Taker and Kane win the Titles off them, then move one to Smackdown! and feud with Sheamus (personally Truth) because when they were both pushed into the main event both Truth and Kofi excelled. I think the other should win the US Title off Santino

undertaker won't be seen again until WM

SilverGhost
07-24-2012, 07:21 PM
I think Truth should have a reign and then put over a younger rising star like Kidd.

Dennis
07-24-2012, 07:49 PM
I think Truth should have a reign and then put over a younger rising star like Kidd.
true I didn't realize he is already 40.. he could be a big boost for someone like kidd.. beings that he is a good in ring performer

Pumpkinhead
07-24-2012, 08:50 PM
The problem is that his current character relates so well with the casual fans that I don't see creative turning him

Dameduse823
07-24-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm not really sure why there is so much hate for Kofi and Truth as a team, yeah their never gonna be amazing but their in ring work is pretty good and it keeps two fairly popular guys on tv. I'd have them stay in the tag team division a while longer, not give them back the belts but have them work with the new tag teams coming together and try and help build up the division a bit more. Eventually one of them will turn on the other for a short feud and more then likely Truth will come out on top probably as a heel and go to the us/ic title picture.

BadAndy
07-24-2012, 10:49 PM
It's tough to make that call. As Playboy Stevie pointed out, Truth is better as a heel (like Punk). The problem I'm really seeing is that the WWE has a huge talent pool right now and you could throw a dart and hit a wrestler who deserves a belt of some kind. Rather than just saying give it to Truth, I'd rather establish a group of about 7 to 8 wrestlers that are vying for each title. Ranks or something similar to the Bound For Glory system. I think that would help to get various wrestlers time they haven't had and get the people much more excited in the titles. As for breaking up Truth and sending him back to singles, I say yes BUT he could easily be in danger of being buried among all the talent if that happened. Right now he at least gets air time, though no mic time.

justin sane
07-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Pumpkinhead, great sig lol

Savagecabbage
07-25-2012, 03:11 AM
here's the point Truth is 5x the wrestler as Miz or Christian, the fact he calls him self captain of charisma is a slap to fans everywhere. while he might as paid his dues he's never been good ever thanks to edge he still has a job. Sadly and trust me its hard to sallow but Miz is better but him as IC champ will remind us why his time away from the screen was gold.
Push Kidd to US Champ and Let someone with a true WWE future be IC champ rant ended

Mr. Ziggles
07-25-2012, 05:35 AM
here's the point Truth is 5x the wrestler as Miz or Christian, the fact he calls him self captain of charisma is a slap to fans everywhere. while he might as paid his dues he's never been good ever thanks to edge he still has a job. Sadly and trust me its hard to sallow but Miz is better but him as IC champ will remind us why his time away from the screen was gold.
Push Kidd to US Champ and Let someone with a true WWE future be IC champ rant ended

I disagree with all of that.

CricketTragic
07-25-2012, 05:55 AM
Id go one further.

Give Truth a world title run even if for a week or so say for example he beats sheamus for randy to take it back and have orton v sheamus

Tommy Thunder
07-25-2012, 06:00 AM
Until he turns heel, I don't really want to see Truth winning titles. As a heel, he's got a lot of potential to even be a world champion, he proved that during his heel run last year.

As a face, his crazy little jimmy gimmick doesn't wash with me at all. I prefer the happy dancing rapping R-Truth to the face little jimmy R-Truth.

For the record, Truth has won the US title before.

CricketTragic
07-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Until he turns heel, I don't really want to see Truth winning titles. As a heel, he's got a lot of potential to even be a world champion, he proved that during his heel run last year.

As a face, his crazy little jimmy gimmick doesn't wash with me at all. I prefer the happy dancing rapping R-Truth to the face little jimmy R-Truth.

I totally agree with the bolded part and yes I also think that heel Truth is the truth

Dennis
07-25-2012, 11:47 AM

do you think he has the potential to be a wwe champion (beings it's considered the more prestigious title at this point? and yes r truth is better as a heel.. but this little jimmy gimmick is doing surprisingly well for him, I'm still shocked.

I disagree with all of that.
don't worry IMO alot of people will disagree with that post.. christian is a legend

The Brown One
07-25-2012, 01:53 PM
They should have never taken the IC title off of Cody in the first place. He didn't defend it much, but he was still the best champion in years. Christian was a good champion too, and defended his title when needed. I'm surprised they put the title on The Miz so fast after he returned, but it looks like hes getting a big push.

As for Truth, hes talented. But hes one of those minor characters now, with the way they've been making him look. I'd rather have him continue having good tagteam matches whenever the titles are defended, as they're trying to improve the division.

Cabers
07-25-2012, 03:32 PM
He should stay in a tag team even if it isn't with Kofi he is starting to get on a bit and the gimmick he has is brillaint!

The Brown One
07-26-2012, 02:35 AM
I would rather see someone like Tyson Kidd or Damien Sandow get a mid-card title. R-Truth would make a damn good mid-card champion but he seems to be doing pretty good with Kofi Kingston in the tag team scene. I'm not against an R-truth mid-card title run but there are plenty of others who can benefit from a mid-card title win.

I could swear they were going to have Sandow vs Christian next, as they didn't have many others who could feud with Christian. But The Miz is good too. Would love to see Tyson Kidd get a shot though. It will build upon the great momentum hes got.