PDA

View Full Version : Miz IC Champion

Shining Light
07-24-2012, 04:00 AM
Anyone else feel that this was a bit too rushed? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of The Miz but I would much rather have had a few weeks of build up so that the match was at least "prepared" for Summerslam. Something good best come out of this...

Destruction
07-24-2012, 04:06 AM
Anyone else feel that this was a bit too rushed? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of The Miz but I would much rather have had a few weeks of build up so that the match was at least "prepared" for Summerslam. Something good best come out of this...

Absolutely. I know that The Miz has the title, and now a push, because of The Marine 3, but instead of being meaningful, it was just a filler match in the show.

SLEEPY LOCO1
07-24-2012, 04:10 AM
WWE should have gave the Miz the US title. I'm tired of seeing Christian lose belts in bullshit matches like that, he needs to go back to TNA.

Shining Light
07-24-2012, 04:14 AM
Absolutely. I know that The Miz has the title, and now a push, because of The Marine 3, but instead of being meaningful, it was just a filler match in the show.

And once Marine 3 is a box - office fail, it's almost certain that The Miz will take the blame... again.

Robstar
07-24-2012, 04:23 AM
Why couldn't they put the US belt back on him?

SLEEPY LOCO1
07-24-2012, 04:23 AM
And once Marine 3 is a box - office fail, it's almost certain that The Miz will take the blame... again.

It will go straight to dvd.

Destruction
07-24-2012, 04:27 AM
Why couldn't they put the US belt back on him?

I think the plan always was that whatever title was selected to be defended (aside from the Divas - but who would vote for that) by the fans - would be won by The Miz

Shining Light
07-24-2012, 04:35 AM
It will go straight to dvd.

Even worse!

MachoManFan
07-24-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm not against The Miz having a run as IC champ. What bothered me was the fact that Cody Rhodes gave the title credibility again, Christian seemed set to continue that and they put the belt on The Miz with no build up, on free TV, in a very forgettable match. I'll wait and see what happens next but I suspect the IC title will sing back to being a complete after thought.

Tommy Thunder
07-24-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm not against Miz winning a title, but the way he won it is what bothers me.

I'm also not happy with how Christian just lost the title barely no time after winning it.

I agree that putting the US title on Miz would have been better.

I guess the WWE just went "Haha!! The WWE fans think they've done a good thing voting in Christian for a match on Raw! Little do they know that we're going to screw him over and have him loosing the title!! HA HAAAAAA!!"

Bodom
07-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Goes without saying that I'm not against Miz winning the title.

They gave Christian a storyline excuse for losing via that knee injury. So Christian was protected and he has an obvious need for wanting a rematch.

Tommy Thunder
07-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Goes without saying that I'm not against Miz winning the title.

They gave Christian a storyline excuse for losing via that knee injury. So Christian was protected and he has an obvious need for wanting a rematch.

That's a good point.
if they play their cards right and follow through with a Miz/Christian feud, it should be something pretty good to see if done right.

VanHooliganX
07-24-2012, 09:00 AM
WWE should have gave the Miz the US title. I'm tired of seeing Christian lose belts in bullshit matches like that, he needs to go back to TNA.

Whilst I don't want Christian back in TNA. 100% agree. It's seriously annoying me.

Torphy
07-24-2012, 09:04 AM
I personally was all for Christian losing his title, I wanted to see it on someone younger who could use the spotlight. The Miz was the wrong choice though, as much as I like him I just felt this could have been a bigger opportunity to do something more exciting and adventurous. The match should have gone to Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara or a debuting Dean Ambrose.

Bob Bowman
07-24-2012, 09:10 AM
The Miz shouldn't have won, but he's not the end of credibilty to the title. He is a good talker and wrestler.

Tommy Thunder
07-24-2012, 09:13 AM
The Miz shouldn't have won, but he's not the end of credibilty to the title. He is a good talker and wrestler.

Well as a former WWE champ, he'll bring plenty of cred to the title. Plus, if they do a Miz vs Christian feud for the title, that'll add some meaning to the title given that both men are former world champs.
Then when Miz moves on to drop it to a younger guy later, the title win will mean something to that youngster and make him a star.

Thepidgeonhunter
07-24-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm ok with Miz winning as long as Christian is back to the main-event scene where he belongs. I'm tired of seeing him not being used properly. As for Miz, I'm not a fan of his his in-ring abilities (he's actually rather a boring performer), but I like his mic skills. He's a good talker.
I feel that IC title should go to someone young, not a depushed main-eventer. Cody was ok as a champ. Now it is time for Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Hunico or Damien Sandow, whoever. But we all know that Ryback is probably the next IC champ... sadly ....

G.G.G.
07-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Absolutely rushed, there is no credibility to the IC Title because the WWE books title changes like this. I have no problem putting the strap on Miz my problem is is that this makes no sense. They should have had Miz lose by some controversy that would lead to a feud and set a rematch. Plus what happens to Smackdown? No mid card title? Both are on RAW now I think they need to combine these titles and keep the IC title that way it will gain back some credibility

CGBigMan
07-24-2012, 10:07 AM
like others I'm not against Miz winning the strap
and I'm on the fence with Christian losing it
but if they could have a good enough feud then have the belt of a younger guy later on then ill be happy

Tomsta666
07-24-2012, 10:22 AM
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/uploads/3/MizWWETitleReaction.png

VanHooliganX
07-24-2012, 10:25 AM
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/uploads/3/MizWWETitleReaction.png

Thought you'd use Cornette face if anything lol

hbk2416
07-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Absolutely rushed, there is no credibility to the IC Title because the WWE books title changes like this. I have no problem putting the strap on Miz my problem is is that this makes no sense. They should have had Miz lose by some controversy that would lead to a feud and set a rematch. Plus what happens to Smackdown? No mid card title? Both are on RAW now I think they need to combine these titles and keep the IC title that way it will gain back some credibility

Actually Christian is still on Smackdown. He was part of the Smackdown MITB match. Its just hard to tell who is on which show because of the Super Shows.

Dennis
07-24-2012, 10:46 AM
I thought for sure when brett brought up that he beat mr perfect in that town for his first ic title... I was going to see mr perfects son come out and win the title (I thought christian was going to lose to whoever he faced) but I wasn't disappointed to see the miz. As far as him being pushed back down from the main event, he has to earn his main event spot back he has been away from wrestling for a while and he has a new look and could later be a great heel main eventer.

The Piper
07-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Loved it, loved everything about it

G.G.G.
07-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Actually Christian is still on Smackdown. He was part of the Smackdown MITB match. Its just hard to tell who is on which show because of the Super Shows.

I know that but with Miz now the IC Champ there is no mid card title on Smackdown! because Santino is the US Champ on RAW

Cabers
07-24-2012, 01:37 PM
I think the plan always was that whatever title was selected to be defended (aside from the Divas - but who would vote for that) by the fans - would be won by The Miz

For the win!! Should have been Marella.

scribbler_jones
07-24-2012, 02:50 PM
For the win!! Should have been Marella.

^^^ This. If it were a tweet, I'd retweet it.

But if I can be serious for a moment, how is it that Christian - a decorated wrestling veteran - went out like this, while Santino - a one-man comedy act - is still US champ? While I'm a fan of the Miz, I'm not thrilled with him getting the belt like this. It feels empty...

Tomsta666
07-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Thought you'd use Cornette face if anything lol

Nah, that one was saved for AJ becoming GM :rolleyes:

Shining Light
07-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Nah, that one was saved for AJ becoming GM :rolleyes:

Vintage Tomsta! ;)

TheRockerGother
07-24-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm not surprised they would keep Santino with the belt. Miz should have won the U.S belt.

TempestH
07-24-2012, 05:46 PM

I think Santino's gonna drop the U.S. belt to a SmackDown guy. That way, the flagship show RAW has the WWE-made belts while SD, the B-Show has the NWA/WCW-made belts.

Los Conquistador
07-24-2012, 07:22 PM

everything seems rushed these days, like the DBry/Aj wedding angle, one week was way to short to be sucked into it

Champion
07-24-2012, 08:06 PM
WWE should hire Vince Russo to the creative team!

Pumpkinhead
07-24-2012, 08:14 PM
I like Christian but is not surprise he lost the IC belt, Vince has never been a fan of him, I can't really see him go to main event scene, maybe he should go back to TNA where he gets the respect he deserves

scribbler_jones
07-24-2012, 08:24 PM
I like Christian but is not surprise he lost the IC belt, Vince has never been a fan of him, I can't really see him go to main event scene, maybe he should go back to TNA where he gets the respect he deserves

The question would be: would it pay off in the long run if Christian went back to TNA? No doubt the Impact Zone would pop like hell for him, but (a) would they take him back and (b) would they be able to give him the same pay that WWE does (assuming that they pay him well.)

Back on topic though, I'm wondering what's next for Miz... wouldn't mind seeing some back and forth with Captain Charisma for the belt, hoping that this is the start of a build for Miz back to at least close to the level he once was at.

Also: I hope that Christian doesn't go back to his "one more match" whiny phase over this...

Pumpkinhead
07-24-2012, 08:34 PM
The question would be: would it pay off in the long run if Christian went back to TNA? No doubt the Impact Zone would pop like hell for him, but (a) would they take him back and (b) would they be able to give him the same pay that WWE does (assuming that they pay him well.)

Back on topic though, I'm wondering what's next for Miz... wouldn't mind seeing some back and forth with Captain Charisma for the belt, hoping that this is the start of a build for Miz back to at least close to the level he once was at.

Also: I hope that Christian doesn't go back to his "one more match" whiny phase over this...

A) It's TNA, they always take former WWE stars LOL
B) Payment it's a different story, who knows if they can afford his current wage

I'm glad Miz won the IC belt beause they weren't doing nothing with him, I'm not sure if a feud with Christian would be the best, as I said Vince is not a fan of him and I'm afraid he jobs to the Miz, the crowd wasn't on their match too

scribbler_jones
07-24-2012, 09:00 PM
A) It's TNA, they always take former WWE stars LOL
B) Payment it's a different story, who knows if they can afford his current wage

I'm glad Miz won the IC belt beause they weren't doing nothing with him, I'm not sure if a feud with Christian would be the best, as I said Vince is not a fan of him and I'm afraid he jobs to the Miz, the crowd wasn't on their match too

Good point... I wasn't sure if he left TNA on good terms or not.

I can see your point on the Miz/Christian feud idea - I just think it would kind of give some gravity to the title change instead of it being a simple one-off with no story or anything. Not sure if it would really do anything for Christian right now. But if not Christian, who should be next on Miz's list for an engaging feud?

Dubs
07-24-2012, 10:55 PM
I thought the Intercontinental title change was unexpected but in a great way. It added to the unpredictably of the 1000th episode. The Miz will make a great Intercontinental champion. It will lead to a Miz/Christian match for the Intercontinental title at Summerslam so it's really a win/win kind of deal.

The Brown One
07-26-2012, 02:58 AM
Hey it's not like Christian was doing anything great after his feud with Rhodes. He was floundering around and teaming up with Santino.
Plus The Miz' title win is justified - Christian got a knee injury, and The Miz got a big push in support of his movie to help put him over.

URATOOL
07-26-2012, 04:58 AM
I'm happy to see the title off of Christian. I love what the guy has done in his career but I think it's time to put over some young talent and then bow out gracefully over the next year or two. Maybe he could help out a young guy by tagging with him for a while. Like a teacher and student teaming.

As for the Miz. Well he was always going to come back into some sort of title chase. The WWE has to many guys chasing it at the moment. I'd rather have seen him go after the WHC, as I'm not a fan of ADR. But the E seem high on ADR and Sheamus. So it was always going to be the IC or the US. I think I'll just quietly pray to myself that he goes after Santino in a unification feud.

Side note: I think it's really sweet that some of you actually believe the WWE poll to decide which title was defended, was legitimate. It was a WWE poll people! They are all rigged.

The Brown One
07-26-2012, 05:13 AM
I'm happy to see the title off of Christian. I love what the guy has done in his career but I think it's time to put over some young talent and then bow out gracefully over the next year or two. Maybe he could help out a young guy by tagging with him for a while. Like a teacher and student teaming.

As for the Miz. Well he was always going to come back into some sort of title chase. The WWE has to many guys chasing it at the moment. I'd rather have seen him go after the WHC, as I'm not a fan of ADR. But the E seem high on ADR and Sheamus. So it was always going to be the IC or the US. I think I'll just quietly pray to myself that he goes after Santino in a unification feud.

Side note: I think it's really sweet that some of you actually believe the WWE poll to decide which title was defended, was legitimate. It was a WWE poll people! They are all rigged.

You don't say?

URATOOL
07-26-2012, 05:38 AM
You don't say?

It would seem several on here think they are real.