PDA

View Full Version : Think we got the SummerSlam Main Event?

HCollins-TNA1
07-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Big Show and CM Punk vs The Rock and John Cena...

What do you think???

Pumpkinhead
07-23-2012, 10:29 PM

What do you think???

I thought the same bro but they probably are going to save The Rock for later

HCollins-TNA1
07-23-2012, 10:32 PM
I thought the same bro but they probably are going to save The Rock for later

Think time will tell what the Rock's involvement will be, with movies and etc.... Might be right at 1st I was thinking Cena vs Big Show vs CM Punk for the WWE title, but after tonight I think they might have a tag match..

ParagonOfVirtue
07-23-2012, 10:34 PM

What do you think???

I guess I'll try to find one of those chairs or shirts from last year that said "Never Before, Never Again" on eBay or something now.

So I can burn it.

Machomadness97
07-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Summerslam is one of the four major events in the year's span. This would seem like an interesting idea, after seeing these turn of events. The only reason this will not happen is because the championship has to be defended or it will not make a great event. This match seems excellent and I am happy for the Summer Of Heel Punk but the gold has to be defended at the event. I believe Rock can take on Show because he is scheduled to take on the champion which will be Punk at the Rumble. This is how it might be Punk Vs. Cena ( WWE Championship) and a classic match between Show and Rock. This is how I picture the event being.

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Summerslam is one of the four major events in the year's span. This would seem like an interesting idea, after seeing these turn of events. The only reason this will not happen is because the championship has to be defended or it will not make a great event. This match seems excellent and I am happy for the Summer Of Heel Punk but the gold has to be defended at the event. I believe Rock can take on Show because he is scheduled to take on the champion which will be Punk at the Rumble. This is how it might be Punk Vs. Cena ( WWE Championship) and a classic match between Show and Rock. This is how I picture the event being.

Interesting wording. IF that were to happen (which I doubt), it will be slow and predictable. They would be better off making it a triple threat at Summerslam, and let Rocky go make movies until his eventual capture of the WWE title in January.

HCollins-TNA1
07-23-2012, 10:46 PM

It wouldn't be the 1st time the WWE Title hadn't been defended last time that happen you have to go all the way back to 1991 when Hogan and Warrior took on Sgt. Slaughter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._Slaughter) and Colonel Mustafa and General Adnan..
Before that 1988 and 1989 had Tag matches as Main Events!!!

Machomadness97
07-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Interesting wording. IF that were to happen (which I doubt), it will be slow and predictable. They would be better off making it a triple threat at Summerslam, and let Rocky go make movies until his eventual capture of the WWE title in January.
I believe that Show and Punk will be forming an alliance. If so, Cena and Rock will try and take that alliance down. Then again the championship has to be defended at Summerslam, so a triple threat match will be great. Punk will be heel alongside Show, and Cena will try and battle back. I believe Punk will keep the gold till the Rumble where he takes on the Rock and later The Rock would take on Cena at Wrestlemania 29!

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-23-2012, 10:54 PM
I believe that Show and Punk will be forming an alliance. If so, Cena and Rock will try and take that alliance down. Then again the championship has to be defended at Summerslam, so a triple threat match will be great. Punk will be heel alongside Show, and Cena will try and battle back. I believe Punk will keep the gold till the Rumble where he takes on the Rock and later The Rock would take on Cena at Wrestlemania 29!

I don't think it will be an alliance between Punk and Show, but more like what occurred at WM25 when Cena faced two heels (Show and Edge). Plus perhaps Bryan will be included somehow as a wildcard.

As for Wrestlemania 29, I agree with you, although I hate the thought of it personally.

Machomadness97
07-23-2012, 11:02 PM
I don't think it will be an alliance between Punk and Show, but more like what occurred at WM25 when Cena faced two heels (Show and Edge). Plus perhaps Bryan will be included somehow as a wildcard.

As for Wrestlemania 29, I agree with you, although I hate the thought of it personally.

I do think Cena is better off taking on Taker for Mania and Rock vs Lenser for the gold but that is how it is leading up to be. I have to agree with your statement that this match will be like Wrestlemania 25 and I agree Bryan might be in the match and it will be good. Hopefully Punk can retain until Rock wins the title.

HCollins-TNA1
07-23-2012, 11:18 PM
I do think Cena is better off taking on Taker for Mania and Rock vs Lenser for the gold but that is how it is leading up to be. I have to agree with your statement that this match will be like Wrestlemania 25 and I agree Bryan might be in the match and it will be good. Hopefully Punk can retain until Rock wins the title.
Agree there.... I don't think we need a rematch of Cena and Rock at Wrestlemania.... I'm hoping for Undertaker vs John Cena and for surely non-title or no title......
I don't see DB getting in the match or what is planned....
But if I would say it either going be Tag match main Event of Triple Threat.... Also one got to remember SummerSlam is in LA, the Rocks backyard kinda...

Machomadness97
07-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Agree there.... I don't think we need a rematch of Cena and Rock at Wrestlemania.... I'm hoping for Undertaker vs John Cena and for surely non-title or no title......
I don't see DB getting in the match or what is planned....
But if I would say it either going be Tag match main Event of Triple Threat.... Also one got to remember SummerSlam is in LA, the Rocks backyard kinda...

Summerslam in my opinion is the decision of how the company will move forward to Wrestlemania 29. We just saw Punk turn heel so we can see him holding on to the gold until the Rock is ready for it. Bryan will probably not be involved in the WWE match because of his rivalry with Charlie Sheen. I am just hoping Brock will pull out a victory ay Summerslam so he can be a monster powerhouse and destroy superstars. Knowing WWE we will probably get a rematch between Cena and Rock but for the championship this time. Steve Austin vs. Punk which will be excellent and Brock Vs. Taker which in my books will be brutal. Those are my predictions leading up to Wrestlemania 29!

Dr. Death
07-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Summerslam in my opinion is the decision of how the company will move forward to Wrestlemania 29. We just saw Punk turn heel so we can see him holding on to the gold until the Rock is ready for it. Bryan will probably not be involved in the WWE match because of his rivalry with Charlie Sheen. I am just hoping Brock will pull out a victory ay Summerslam so he can be a monster powerhouse and destroy superstars. Knowing WWE we will probably get a rematch between Cena and Rock but for the championship this time. Steve Austin vs. Punk which will be excellent and Brock Vs. Taker which in my books will be brutal. Those are my predictions leading up to Wrestlemania 29!

Why is everyone saying Punk turned heel? (I missed a good part of RAW, Most of it actually). I saw that Punk gave Rock a GTS, but that in itself wouldn't make him a heel.

Machomadness97
07-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Why is everyone saying Punk turned heel? (I missed a good part of RAW, Most of it actually). I saw that Punk gave Rock a GTS, but that in itself wouldn't make him a heel.

Punk is officially heel. The commentary team said that Punk turned his back on the fans. He also did not help Cena fend off against Show and giving The Rock a GTS just made him a heel. This would lead to a rivalry between the two and The Rock will win the gold at the Rumble.

Dr. Death
07-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Punk is officially heel. The commentary team said that Punk turned his back on the fans. He also did not help Cena fend off against Show and giving The Rock a GTS just made him a heel. This would lead to a rivalry between the two and The Rock will win the gold at the Rumble.

Ok, I was just wondering what happened as I missed most of RAW. I still think of him more as a tweener, but Punk makes a good heel also.

Robstar
07-23-2012, 11:44 PM

What do you think???

That you don't put one ounce of effort into your OP's

Robstar
07-23-2012, 11:45 PM

Oh well if the commentary team said it, it must be true. Vintage Robstar!

Machomadness97
07-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Ok, I was just wondering what happened as I missed most of RAW. I still think of him more as a tweener, but Punk makes a good heel also.
I have to agree that Punk does make a great heel. His ring work and mic skills were not that great when he is a face but as a heel he can deliver. His matches are amazing anyway either face or heel. He just slowed down in taunting when he is face. Anyways hopefully Punk can finally take on Austin at Wrestlemania 29!

Bodom
07-24-2012, 06:32 AM
There's no excuse for not putting your 2 cents in your opening post.

Closed.