PDA

View Full Version : Zack Ryder vs Dolph Ziggler? Wrestlemania 29?

AWrestlingGod
07-22-2012, 10:06 PM
I really want this match to happen as I believe these two could still the show, plus they have tons of history with each other. The challenge was made and it looked as if it was set. But do any of you think this match will happen, or better yet want it to happen.

Because I do . Zack Ryder Vs Ziggler for the internet championship would be sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBkcmD2O85g

That's the video when the match was set.

Dameduse823
07-22-2012, 10:30 PM
I would love to see Ryder and Ziggler at mania but I really doubt it will happen within the next few years. Ziggler is being moved to the main event while Ryder is still hovering around midcard talent and midcard jobber

Raf123
07-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Didn't they do this to try and get a match with each other at Wrestlemania 28? I'm pretty sure I saw this in a Z True Long Island Story.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-22-2012, 11:05 PM
To be honest, I would not pay any amount of money to watch that nor do I think WWE will think of that a great main event for Raw let alone for Wrestlemania 29.

Dolph is great in that ring but needs someone that can tell a great story to help guide him to a true Wrestlemania-caliber match. I have no doubt he has the potential, but he needs the right opponent. Ryder is far from the right opponent. First, has he ever had a match longer than 20 minutes? Second, he would need a repackaging because the way I see Ryder now, he is a jobber was an over gimmick (like Santino). To have him go from jobber to a viable contender in under a year would take some doing; more than I believe creative is willing to do with him.

In short: Anything could happen in the future but I believe WM 29 is too soon. Why waste Dolph on Ryder this year when Zig has major momentum?

Sahu
07-23-2012, 12:10 AM
I would like to see that match..but my only worry is that may take away the momentum Dolph has got now....

Dolph is almost at mainevent and Ryder is not even in upper midcard....

so, WM XXIX is a bit too early...may be some where in the future...

scribbler_jones
07-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Time constraints and all aside, I wouldn't mind it.

The bad thing is: I'm not even a ZR fan. At all. I'd love to see if Ryder could pull out some surprises to keep the match fresh. Personally, I prefer his old Zack Attack finisher to his Rough Ryder leg lariat. And of course Ziggler would be selling some awesome $#!T. Just knowing that it's a match between two old friends on the biggest stage in wrestling, I would actually see it.

The Brown One
07-23-2012, 03:02 AM
Like I said on the main page, I wouldn't mind seeing this match, but only if Ryder is pushed to the moon. With his current gimmick, hes too foolish to be in a match with Ziggler. He also needs to be able to wrestle longer matches, instead of just hitting his 6 moves and finishing his matches like Cena. Ziggler is going to be a main eventer, and Ryder is a midcarder/jobber, depending on the week. It would take a lot of work to make the match convincing enough to have at Mania.

Mr. Ziggles
07-23-2012, 05:15 AM
'IF' they do this they should push ziggles to the moon then have him put over Ryder @mania, to get Ryder up the card, while I'm not a fan of Ryder's my guess is that he shifts alot of merc.

Dennis
07-23-2012, 10:55 AM
if ryders gimmick wasn't so weird the older fans would love him.. he is a solid wrestler with great mic skills.. and is playing is given persona like a champion.. what is the problem with this? zack vs dolph WOO WOO WOO you know it should happen.....

Tommy Thunder
07-23-2012, 11:12 AM
As good a match as this would be with the history and chemistry between both, it's very unlikely at this point, given that Ziggler is all but a main event star now, while Ryder has moved back if anything from where he was a while back.

Here's one way I can see this match happening though:

Ziggler holds onto the MITB briefcase for a while, teasing cash ins etc, before eventually cashing in, and failing just before Wrestlemania time.
Meanwhile, Ryder would be pushed gradually back into the US title picture. He'd eventually win the title from Damien Sandow(?) after he wins it off Santino (he wins it from Santino soon). Ryder would take the title form Sandow around the same time Ziggler fails with his MITB cash in (so both events would happen say at the Royal Rumble).
They would then start a feud based off Ryder gloating that he's back with a title and how Ziggler's failed at the big time (this could see Ziggler as a face and Ryder as a heel). Ryder could retain the title at Elimination Chamber, the feud would continue to Wrestlemania 29 where Ziggler would win to end the feud.

Just an idea of how it could work.

Playboy Stevie V
07-23-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm an unbaised fan and I like anyone who can put on a good damn show.

With that being said, unless they make Zack interesting again I don't want to see him sharing the spotlight with a up in comer like Ziggs. He's really stale and boring right now. I'm not saying he's a bad wrestler, it's his character right now is close to being on the same level as Santino. As when Zack or Santino's music hits, I roll my eyes. Just my opinion.

Dennis
07-23-2012, 12:55 PM
As good a match as this would be with the history and chemistry between both, it's very unlikely at this point, given that Ziggler is all but a main event star now, while Ryder has moved back if anything from where he was a while back.

Here's one way I can see this match happening though:

Ziggler holds onto the MITB briefcase for a while, teasing cash ins etc, before eventually cashing in, and failing just before Wrestlemania time.
Meanwhile, Ryder would be pushed gradually back into the US title picture. He'd eventually win the title from Damien Sandow(?) after he wins it off Santino (he wins it from Santino soon). Ryder would take the title form Sandow around the same time Ziggler fails with his MITB cash in (so both events would happen say at the Royal Rumble).
They would then start a feud based off Ryder gloating that he's back with a title and how Ziggler's failed at the big time (this could see Ziggler as a face and Ryder as a heel). Ryder could retain the title at Elimination Chamber, the feud would continue to Wrestlemania 29 where Ziggler would win to end the feud.

Just an idea of how it could work.
I like the idea, but if ziggler won ryder would have a rematch clause thus not the end of the feud hopefully.. I hate when they don't use the rematch clause

Tommy Thunder
07-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I like the idea, but if ziggler won ryder would have a rematch clause thus not the end of the feud hopefully.. I hate when they don't use the rematch clause

Of course. I would also like to see WWE utilizing the rematch clause more too.

Cabers
07-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Dolph Ziggler vs Zack Ryder for the internet Championship at WM never. Fire ZR already ta fuck!

Machomadness97
07-23-2012, 11:15 PM
This match would seem great since both own separate internet shows. This match should not happen because Ziggler is rising to new heights in his career and by the time Wrestlemania 29 rolls around he should be part of the WHC match! Ryder is a struggling mid-carder and it would not be right for Ziggler not to have a great Wrestlemania moment!

TempestH
07-24-2012, 06:37 AM
I'd like this match to happen.

However, I don't want the match to be for Ryder's Internet Championship. It makes no sense for Ziggler, a guy who claims that he's better than the midcard, to chase after an imaginary title that a midcard jobber made up for self-validation. Also, I really like Ryder, and I want him to ditch the Internet Title so that he can become more than just "That YouTube Guy".

Also, I can't see this match happening because the only way for Ryder & Ziggler to look like equals going into the match would be for Ryder to get a forced push and Ziggler to be jobbed out to oblivion.