PDA

View Full Version : Most over-rated/under-rated wrestler/superstar in WWE today.......

TheGreatOne
07-22-2012, 01:20 PM
With Raw 1000 coming up, you see guys getting a lot of praise leading up to the show on these forums and blogs on this website. I can't wait for the show tomorrow myself. In any case, I've seen praise to wrestlers/superstars that are good, but not as great as some may make them out to be which is why I made this a topic. Not to say my opinion is better than anyone elses. I'd just like to hear what others have to say. Anybody on this forum just give praise to the guy like he is as good as lets say Rock/Austin or even better at times when they post here. It bothered me when I saw it recently which is why I'm going to share my own personal superstar/wrestler who is under-rated and over-rated. Over-rated obviously means receiving more praise than one deserves. Under-rated of course means not receiving enough credit, recognition, or praise for how good they are across these forums.

Most Over-rated: Chris Jericho-This isn't based on wrestling or any certain aspect. This is just based on him being over-rated as a package I guess one could say. I don't believe any marks bug me more than the ones Jericho has on IWC. It hasn't bothered me really until I came here and started seeing the praise he receives like some saying he is the best superstar in the history of Raw. Some guys holding him up as high as Austin and Rock when he isn't even in the same league if you ask me. Jericho is actually mostly stale over the last couple of years especially his return in 2007. I was overly excited to have him back even the night after he returned caught singing his song at school. I don't hate Jericho, I think Jericho is good and one of the best in the biz. Certainly will be in the HOF no question about it. He is good, but not as great as some make him out to be. You add on to the fact, he returned again with all the high expectations and what happens? We are disappointed again!! I like Jericho, but he isn't on the level of the likes of Austin, Rock, Taker, HHH, and so forth.

Most under-rated: Drew McIntyre-You see guys like Kofi Kingston get strong pushes with multiple midcard championship runs, but somehow the likes of Drew McIntyre is on superstars jobbing. Don't understand the logic because if you asked me which of the 2 I thought could be a world champion.....I think it is pretty obvious it would be Drew McIntyre. Sad to see how far he has fallen like so many other wrestlers over the years who are so good from the start and fall out of our minds because he is shipped to job on Superstars. Seen a lot of praise for the likes of Kidd, Sandow and so forth which is why I chose McIntyre.

MachoManFan
07-22-2012, 01:33 PM
I couldn't disagree more about Jericho. He is up there with The Rock or SCSA both of whom might seem tired if they hadn't retired from the ring. Also, I wouldn't say the Drew McIntyre is under-rated here, or anywhere else in the IWC that I've seen. Anyways:

Over-rated: A-Ry. He's botched more moves than he's hit, he can't work the mic worth a damn and his gimmick is a "Jock" - the universally derided symbol of homoerotic, bully types who only ever succeed with parental help.

under-rated: Hunico. He played Sin Cara better than Sin Cara does, his promos are all generic but he does draw heat. With the right feud/push/stable membership he could become a legitimate contender in the mid card AND be something different to the cookie cutter mid card we have at the moment.

Destruction
07-22-2012, 01:45 PM
I couldn't disagree more about Jericho. He is up there with The Rock or SCSA both of whom might seem tired if they hadn't retired from the ring. Also, I wouldn't say the Drew McIntyre is under-rated here, or anywhere else in the IWC that I've seen. Anyways:

Over-rated: A-Ry. He's botched more moves than he's hit, he can't work the mic worth a damn and his gimmick is a "Jock" - the universally derided symbol of homoerotic, bully types who only ever succeed with parental help.

under-rated: Hunico. He played Sin Cara better than Sin Cara does, his promos are all generic but he does draw heat. With the right feud/push/stable membership he could become a legitimate contender in the mid card AND be something different to the cookie cutter mid card we have at the moment.

And I couldn't agree more than with MachoManFan

Summed it up perfectly for me

WeDominate99
07-22-2012, 01:46 PM
You people forgot about HBK ? He is THE best wrestler EVER. SCSA and Rock couldn't even wrestle... HBK should have won the WWF title 10 times, and the most Over-rated superstar EVER is John Cena... he can't wrestle and still WWE wants him to be the guy with the most world title reigns.

The most under-rated wrestler right now is Jack Swagger. The guy is annoying as fuck, wouldn't that make him a great heel ? And make him job against Brodus Clay is a big mistake, he wins the MITB briefcase and look what happens. All the guys who won the MITB briefcase are big or were big in the WWE (edge). Also Drew McIntyre why don't they fire this guy I mean the only reason why he is in the WWE is because of Vince, and if you look now it looks like Vince doesn't cares. Who else in the WWE cares of him

Destruction
07-22-2012, 01:48 PM
You people forgot about HBK ? He is THE best wrestler EVER. SCSA and Rock couldn't even wrestle... HBK should have won the WWF title 10 times, and the most Over-rated superstar EVER is John Cena... he can't wrestle and still WWE wants him to be the guy with the most world title reigns.

The most under-rated wrestler right now is Jack Swagger. The guy is annoying as fuck, wouldn't that make him a great heel ? And make him job against Brodus Clay is a big mistake, he wins the MITB briefcase and look what happens. All the guys who won the MITB briefcase are big or were big in the WWE (edge). Also Drew McIntyre why don't they fire this guy I mean the only reason why he is in the WWE is because of Vince, and if you look now it looks like Vince doesn't cares. Who else in the WWE cares of him

It was coming

K2Jelly
07-22-2012, 01:49 PM

I'm guessing you define "wrestling" with technical ability only because I don't see why you'd say SCSA and The Rock couldn't wrestle. Plus, no one, not even the most level headed of smarks, gives John Cena any real credit so you really can't say he's overrated.

Jack Swagger is underrated but certainly not the MOST underrated. He still needs time to develop his mic skills.

K2Jelly
07-22-2012, 01:49 PM
It was coming

It was only a matter of time. :)

CMRyder
07-22-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm honestly going to pretend no one said Chris Jericho is overratted. He is easily up there with Rock and Austin and in my opinion better than both.

Most overrated: Wade Barrett. Boring. As. Hell. Enough. Said.

Most underrated: Kofi Kingston

Dubs
07-22-2012, 02:03 PM
I think Shawn Michaels is overrated too. He was never the draw that everyone makes him out to be. His first WWE title reign drew in low ratings while it took Stone Cold and Bret Hart's feud to spark some interest back into the company around the same time where they were getting beat by WCW at the time. Though he is a phenomenal wrestler.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-22-2012, 02:13 PM

So are you saying HBK is underrated??

If anything Cena is underrated by the drive by IWC. People say WWE is geared for children, well most of the things I see on here about Cena seem to be written by 9 year olds.... so I concur! :rolleyes:

Champion
07-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Most overrated wrestler at the moment is Zack Ryder. I don't get why people think he deserved a push, he just wasted air time. Most underrated wrestler is probably Tyler Reks.

Destruction
07-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Most overrated wrestler at the moment is Zack Ryder. I don't get why people think he deserved a push, he just wasted air time. Most underrated wrestler is probably Tyler Reks.

I agree with Ryder, but I think Hawkins is better than Reks.

And I see your new. Welcome to the boards

Champion
07-22-2012, 02:22 PM
I suppose so, and thanks for greeting me.

Cynicism
07-22-2012, 02:23 PM
With overrated I think I might go with Rey Mysterio, it's based on now and well pretty much most of his career in the WWE. I really have never got his popularity and now he has seemingly as much as ever but a limited moveset and problems with suspensions too.

Underrated I think it's either Drew Mac or Tyler Reks. I could see either of them being more than they are now and scratch my head when I see Zach Ryder getting pushed ahead of them

Destruction
07-22-2012, 02:25 PM
I didn't watch the youtube shows, but am I correct in saying Zack used his to get himself over, whilst the Midcard Mafia focused on burying others?

Playboy Stevie V
07-22-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm going to throw 2 names in for discussion purposes that haven't been listed. But I really feel that nobody is really that overrated right now in the WWE. There's a reason they made it this far. And the Jericho statement is blasphemous.

most underrated- Ricardo Rodrigez.

Most overrated- US champion Santino

Cabers
07-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Overrated: Randy Orton

Underrated: Tyson Kidd

Tommy Thunder
07-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Well I can't agree with you on saying that Jericho's overrated. The man's wrestled all over the world, is a top notch wrestler in the ring, is excellent on the mic both as a face and as a heel, he can tell a story with the best of them, he is a big draw, and he's got all the titles to back it up. I don't know what else to say.
I completely disagree with you on saying that his 2007 return and run was stale, and his recent return has been far from disappointing. Just because he hasn't won any titles or feuds, doesn't mean he's been disappointing.

Overrated IMO would be Kofi Kingston.
I don't get what some people see in him. I hear people saying all the time that he has the potential to be top main eventer in WWE, but I don't see it. He's decent in the ring and can hit a few great looking high flying moves, but that's about it. Also he can't talk that great on the mic. Yyeah, he was ok during his feud with Orton, but not good enough to suggest that he can be WWE champ otr a top main event star.

Underrated for me is Hunico.
He out-performed Sin Care during their feud and while he was Sin Cara himself, he can actually speak English too. I think WWE made a mistake in unmasking Hunico. Had they kept him under the mask he could have become their answer to needing another masked Mexican star to push at a top level. Instead, they've unmasked him and demoted him to lower card status mainly wrestling on the Smackdown undercard and Superstars. At least he's getting a little more exposure in a tag team division that seems to be on the up. Let's hope that he and Camacho can take advantage of this.

Dennis
07-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Overrated- C.M. PUNK ( sorry I am a huge fan... but everyone thinks he is the savior of wrestling... the iwc loves him.. and he isn't the best wrestler or the best draw... though he is a good wrestler and a good draw)
Underrated- tyson kidd do I really have to explain this one?

LostOmega
07-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Most Overrated: Sheamus. I'm sorry. I know he's well liked around here, but I just can't get in to him. His whole face character and in-ring work bore me to tears. If he was a heel, he would probably be one of favorites in the WWE.

Most Underrated: I can't even say Tyson Kidd anymore since there are supposedly plans to give him a push. So I would probably have to say Tyler Reks. I love watching him work and I feel like he and Hawkins together have all it takes to dominate the midcard, but that's just my opinion.

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Over-Rated - I'd have to say Miz. Everyone seems to say that the guy is golden on the mic and a great heel. I just get annoyed when he's on TV and change the channel. Maybe he'll change my mind one day, but it hasn't happend yet

Under-Rated - Tyson Kidd. Dude's been in the E Universe for ever and a day. He has the talent to be the next great "Hart"
(I am giving him this title simply because he carries himself like the Harts did in the WWF. Hard work and dedication, regardless of how long you are over looked) until Teddy grows up and acts like he didn't create every move ever used in the business... I think if he was still in the company, I'd go with DH Smith too. The kid just has it in his blood.

Honorable mention for the Under-Rated goes to Epico & Primo. If the tag division was worth a damn, these guys should be the top dogs for a while. They are a great heel tag team.

Cynicism
07-22-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm going to throw 2 names in for discussion purposes that haven't been listed. But I really feel that nobody is really that overrated right now in the WWE. There's a reason they made it this far. And the Jericho statement is blasphemous.

most underrated- Ricardo Rodrigez.

Most overrated- US champion Santino

Yeah I should have thought of double R, he seems willing to do what ever they tell him and also looks to be playing a part beneath him but doing it very well. From what I've seen he can really wrestle

christianfan
07-22-2012, 02:56 PM
most overrated: randal boreton - his mic skills are terrible, his in ring skills are bad, he is kissing HHH's ass...

Most underrated: barreta

WilloTron
07-22-2012, 03:07 PM
With Raw 1000 coming up, you see guys getting a lot of praise leading up to the show on these forums and blogs on this website. I can't wait for the show tomorrow myself. In any case, I've seen praise to wrestlers/superstars that are good, but not as great as some may make them out to be which is why I made this a topic. Not to say my opinion is better than anyone elses. I'd just like to hear what others have to say. Anybody on this forum just give praise to the guy like he is as good as lets say Rock/Austin or even better at times when they post here. It bothered me when I saw it recently which is why I'm going to share my own personal superstar/wrestler who is under-rated and over-rated. Over-rated obviously means receiving more praise than one deserves. Under-rated of course means not receiving enough credit, recognition, or praise for how good they are across these forums.

Most Over-rated: Chris Jericho-This isn't based on wrestling or any certain aspect. This is just based on him being over-rated as a package I guess one could say. I don't believe any marks bug me more than the ones Jericho has on IWC. It hasn't bothered me really until I came here and started seeing the praise he receives like some saying he is the best superstar in the history of Raw. Some guys holding him up as high as Austin and Rock when he isn't even in the same league if you ask me. Jericho is actually mostly stale over the last couple of years especially his return in 2007. I was overly excited to have him back even the night after he returned caught singing his song at school. I don't hate Jericho, I think Jericho is good and one of the best in the biz. Certainly will be in the HOF no question about it. He is good, but not as great as some make him out to be. You add on to the fact, he returned again with all the high expectations and what happens? We are disappointed again!! I like Jericho, but he isn't on the level of the likes of Austin, Rock, Taker, HHH, and so forth.

Most under-rated: Drew McIntyre-You see guys like Kofi Kingston get strong pushes with multiple midcard championship runs, but somehow the likes of Drew McIntyre is on superstars jobbing. Don't understand the logic because if you asked me which of the 2 I thought could be a world champion.....I think it is pretty obvious it would be Drew McIntyre. Sad to see how far he has fallen like so many other wrestlers over the years who are so good from the start and fall out of our minds because he is shipped to job on Superstars. Seen a lot of praise for the likes of Kidd, Sandow and so forth which is why I chose McIntyre.

I don't know how anybody can say Y2J is over-rated and that he isn't up there with Rock & Austin. Well for starters he beat them both in the same night. Plus he's wrestled more and done more on a consistent basis in the last 5-8 years than Austin & Rock. He's better on the mic than Punk and could walk into a World/WWE title match situation when he wants. I admit his most recent return with the build up and hype hasn't really materialised however never can Chris Jericho be called over-rated. Call me a Y2J mark all you like but you're getting given bonafide facts!

As far as under-rated goes i'd probably go with anybody that's said Hunico on this post. He played the part of Sin Cara superbly and is a very athletic competitor. His character with Camacho can certainly grow and be developed in future months.

PrimusSucks
07-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Overrated: Blandy Boreton He is just so boring, no emotion, and he is kinda bad on the mic. At least he can put on great matches, that is enough for me to think he deserves a good spot on the roster.

Underrated: Trent Barretta He is so underrated that he doesn't even come up in underrated conversations.

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Overrated: Blandy Boreton He is just so boring, no emotion, and he is kinda bad on the mic. At least he can put on great matches, that is enough for me to think he deserves a good spot on the roster.

Underrated: Trent Barretta He is so underrated that he doesn't even come up in underrated conversations.

I can agree with this, but I can't really qualify him since EVERYONE who is a cruiser usually gets left behind in the E. Once the network launched (haha, I made myself giggle a bit) and the Cruiser show is up, he won't be under-utilized anymore.

PrimusSucks
07-22-2012, 03:15 PM
I can agree with this, but I can't really qualify him since EVERYONE who is a cruiser usually gets left behind in the E. Once the network launched (haha, I made myself giggle a bit) and the Cruiser show is up, he won't be under-utilized anymore.

I agree, I actually put him in my post because I forgot about him until I saw his name in this thread. I still remember a match he had with Drew McIntyre on Smackdown where he did an over the top rope dive and landed flat on his back, much like the infamous R-Truth bump that The Miz got buried for. That bump was nasty and I bet Barretta was asked to take it.

Cynicism
07-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm indifferent on whether Chris Jericho is overrated or not. I'm a big fan of his and he is one of the best in-ring performers to ever lace up a pair of boots but to say hes with the likes of Stone Cold and The Rock is a bit of a stretch. Jericho was never a draw like Stone Cold and The Rock. However, hes had better matches than them. His CMLL stuff along with his WCW matches are worth checking out.

What I like about Jericho is what he brings out of the others. His début on Raw and his verbal wars with The Rock were amazing and through the years he's brought great work out of others. He's always been what HBK became when he came back from his back injury; the guy you could rely on to put people over, who doesn't need to win to look good. To me that's something that the Rock and Austin never were, they were both main even talents and the biggest names in the business without a doubt, but they're not who I'd compare Jericho to cause they fill a different role

supergoing
07-22-2012, 04:12 PM
In terms of their push/card position:

Overrated: Santino Marella (really needs to go away tbqfh. I appreciate that he's the comic relief and doesn't need to be a good worker or whatever, and I usually just ignore or FFWD his segments, but AGAINST ALL THE ODDS he's actively manages to rustle my jimmies for some reason)

Underrated: Yoshi Tatsu (remember how based this guy was in WWECW?)

In terms of ability/workrate/smark opinion:

Overrated: Christian (has anybody else been getting the feeling that he's been working matches on autopilot since returning from injury?)

Underrated: The Big Show ("underrated" in the classical sense, in that he's actively disliked for dumb reasons instead of just overlooked. I suppose he's roundly shat on because he doesn't do flipz and wristlocks and other shit that would actually look stupid IRL if Show actually pulled them off. He's not that he's as good a big man as Mizark, but he ain't here, and it's nonetheless incredible how smartly he plays the part. I also reckon some of the matches he's had from just the last couple of years would fill up half of a Best of Big Show DVD (the other half mostly being from his ECW reign of terror))

(Ryback is a close second for being underrated as well, but mostly because I don't think enough people fully appreciate how hilarious his matches are supposed to be.)

Shaz11
07-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Jericho is NOT overrated, snm.

Overrated: Randy Orton

Underrated: Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins

Mikeyboy7777777
07-22-2012, 04:41 PM
I didn't watch the youtube shows, but am I correct in saying Zack used his to get himself over, whilst the Midcard Mafia focused on burying others?
well since ryder was face and hawkins & reks tyson kidd at that time and jtg etc. were heel yes you are right

Mikeyboy7777777
07-22-2012, 04:42 PM
overrated ryder
underrated hawkins seems funny they were a tag team once

holycrapoly
07-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Most Overrated: Alberto Del Rio... Del Rio, although isn't bad in the ring, makes me want to sit through a Jillian Hall concert when he tries to talk on the mic. I understand WWE wants a rich arrogant heel, but I don't think he has it in him.

Most Underrated: JTG... Once in one of the most over tag teams to never win the titles, JTG is pretty solid in the ring. I feel like WWE could better use him by throwing him with A.W and the PrimeTime Players. Maybe even put the U.S Title on him.

jackw9
07-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Most overated : ADR matches and promos bore the crap outta me

Most underrated : AJ honestly she hasnt received as much of the credit she deserves plays the crazy chick so well i think 9 out of 10 ppl honestly believe she is a bit crazy so she plays her role perfectly

jackw9
07-22-2012, 05:02 PM
How can people say ryder is overated he hasn't even had a push remember last year the fans where screaming the building down for him and he only did a run in. Now tell me why they were calling for him cos wwe sure never pushed him

Suhayl
07-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Overrated: Alberrrrrrrrrrrrrtoooooooo Deel RRRRRRRRRRioooooooo! Just... really. He is pretty decent wrestler, but he is boring as hell and was pushed too fast. He won Royal Rumble AND Money in the Bank the same year? Really?

Underrated: The Miz. Since they blamed him for low Survivor Series buyrate, he is underused. He was great WWE Champion and I thnik he should be the one to take the belt from Punk. Not the greatest wrestler, but good, safe worker (except that R-Truth thing, but It was an accident), and great talker.

bartish2
07-22-2012, 05:40 PM
over rated: john cena, alberto del rio - both boring as hell and suck in ring & on mic not to mention probably the most over rated stars in wrestling history
under rated: drew mcintyre, kane - kane is the most under rated star of all time & mcintyre is just wasting his talent on superstars

TheGreatOne
07-22-2012, 05:43 PM

The most under-rated wrestler right now is Jack Swagger. The guy is annoying as fuck, wouldn't that make him a great heel ? And make him job against Brodus Clay is a big mistake, he wins the MITB briefcase and look what happens. All the guys who won the MITB briefcase are big or were big in the WWE (edge). Also Drew McIntyre why don't they fire this guy I mean the only reason why he is in the WWE is because of Vince, and if you look now it looks like Vince doesn't cares. Who else in the WWE cares of himWe arn't talking about the best wrestlers nec. We are talking about superstars/wrestlers whatever you wish to call them is over-rated or under-rated. People went crazy for Rock and Austin when they came out. I forgot to put in my op that to leave Cena out because the Cena haters will come and run their mouths.

TheGreatOne
07-22-2012, 05:46 PM

Havn't seen a lot of praise here lately from Drew which is why I have him as my under-rated. How is Jericho at the level of the Rock/Austin? Jericho is stale and boring on the mic while I can go back and listen at Rock/Austin promos all day long and not be bored by it. It is a joke to have him in the same discussion as Rock/Austin.

TheGreatOne
07-22-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm honestly going to pretend no one said Chris Jericho is overratted. He is easily up there with Rock and Austin and in my opinion better than both.

Let me pretend that Jericho hasn't been the 2nd most stale wrestler in the last 5 years....the only other name that is more stale is John Cena.

TheGreatOne
07-22-2012, 06:04 PM
I don't know how anybody can say Y2J is over-rated and that he isn't up there with Rock & Austin. Well for starters he beat them both in the same night. Plus he's wrestled more and done more on a consistent basis in the last 5-8 years than Austin & Rock. He's better on the mic than Punk and could walk into a World/WWE title match situation when he wants. I admit his most recent return with the build up and hype hasn't really materialised however never can Chris Jericho be called over-rated. Call me a Y2J mark all you like but you're getting given bonafide facts!

As far as under-rated goes i'd probably go with anybody that's said Hunico on this post. He played the part of Sin Cara superbly and is a very athletic competitor. His character with Camacho can certainly grow and be developed in future months.He beat them both? I suppose since Cena beat Jericho every time he faced him......that makes him just as good and probably better than him when his career is over. Jericho has done more on a consistant basis than Rock/Austin..they are retired you baffoon. Rock just returned in 2011 after a 7 year hiatus. What the hell are you talking about consistant? If anything he has done consistant in the last 7 years is disappoint people including myself with his returns. He isn't better on the mic than Punk. Jericho is stale and boring on the mic. You don't think Rock/Austin would get a world title match if either wanted it? Go back and watch WM 18 where no one was into Jericho/HHH match when they were in the main event. People wanted to see Rock/Hogan just like they wanted to see Rock/Cena this year. Top draws like Austin/Rock are in the main event and have the crowd going nuts. Jericho was still in the midcard after they left going back to hold the IC title. You don't put a top draw back to the midcard. Y2J isn't a top draw like Rock/Austin.

TheGreatOne
07-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Don't mean to sound mean or as being a hater of Jerichos. I like Jericho and he is great, but not as great as the likes of an Austin, Rock, Hogan, and so forth who are top draws. They draw the crowds. They are the top guys. No disrespect is intended towards Jericho because I like him and has a ton of accomplishments he should be proud of. I just think it is ridiculous to compare him to Austin and Rock when I don't believe he is in there league.

FXK2I
07-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Overrated: Kelly Kelly / Zack Ryder / Santino / Sin Cara

Underrated: Heath Slater / Ted Debiase / Tyson Kidd / Jack Swagger

Ressurection
07-22-2012, 08:09 PM

CMRyder, although I do not agree with your most overated, I do gree wth yor most underated. Kofi Kingston has longer and more title reigns then most WWE main eventers today. He is the only superstar today to have held the IC, US, WWE and World Tag Team Titles and not win a world championship. If WWE changed him back to his gimmick in 09 with Orton, gave him one long mid-card title reign (like Cody Rhodes), and allowed him some mic time as he is decent on it, he could look like a future world champion to more WWE fans.

Most Overated: By WWE Creative Team Standards, John Cena. By WWE fan standards, well...I guess John Cena again.

Playboy Stevie V
07-22-2012, 08:59 PM
First off I don't wanna get into a poop throwing Bitch fight about Jericho. And I'm definitely NOT going to call anyone who has a opinion names.

Calling Jericho over rated is really in the eye of the person judging. Is he as big as draw as scsa or rock? No, but close. Is he a better wrestler than rock or scsa, since I'm seeing him being compared to them. Totally and especially after scsa broke his neck. Does he have as good as Mic skills as scsa or rock? Maybe, if not he's really close.

But to me being a old school wrestling purest, Jericho is on their level because he does something that hardly ANY legend does. He puts younger talent over in the ring and on the mic in A+ quality matches and segments. People like point out that he's jobbing or bland on the mic. This ain't UFC. He's jobbing per script. He doesn't need the money to do this. He doing this for the industry. He's even toning down his mic work to let younger guys look like they can hang with him, when I know they really can't. When has the rock or scsa ever done this? They don't. Don't even get me started about Hogan or other legends not letting younger guys get over on them.

So with that said Jericho didn't even NEED to come back to the WWE. He has nothing more to accomplish or prove. But he did just to put this generations stars over for the greater good of the WWE. He should be appreciated for even being back in the ring and ALLOWING this eras talent to look that they are on his same level imo.

GOTTA LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. If over rated in comparison to Hogan's prime drawing power, I can see some peoples point by that definition ONLY. But in overall contributions to wrestling he is arguably one of the best ever. Hes just not about himself.

*drops mic*

BadAndy
07-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Wow! How the hell can you even consider Jericho overrated? I think his time in the business is more than a credit to the impressive credentials this man has. While I think Jericho has been tempered by what he wants to do with his character and the PG status of the show, he is in no way stale. I miss the old Jericho greatly, but he's still every bit as amazing as he always was. Anyways, on to your question.

Overrated - Zack Ryder. Nobody even cares about the Jersey crap anymore. Some of us didn't in the beginning. He goes through the motions in the ring. His finisher requires the opponent really helping out so it looks less impressive. He's not good at giving promos.

Underrated - This is a much tougher call because I feel the roster is filled with talent that isn't being utilized. I'm going to pull one out of left field though. Johnny Curtis is incredibly underrated. He's gotten much stronger at his promos and his in-ring ability has come a long ways. He has attitude and it shows in and out of the ring. He could be huge if packaged right.

johnnydropkicks
07-22-2012, 11:10 PM
What I like about Jericho is what he brings out of the others. His début on Raw and his verbal wars with The Rock were amazing and through the years he's brought great work out of others. He's always been what HBK became when he came back from his back injury; the guy you could rely on to put people over, who doesn't need to win to look good. To me that's something that the Rock and Austin never were, they were both main even talents and the biggest names in the business without a doubt, but they're not who I'd compare Jericho to cause they fill a different role

Sometimes he can be and I say that as a fan of his. Hes great at what he does, yes, but the constant praising he gets can be a little unbearable at times.

I totally agree. Chris Jericho knows about to put over talent like no other. His current run in the WWE is all about putting over wrestlers. Granted I didn't really enjoy the whole "It Begins" stuff he was doing but I think it was more about putting over CM Punk than trying to get his character over.

Agreed on this, Jericho is one of the best there is in that aspect. Rock and Austin couldn't make people look better without taking something from them. Punk has a bit of that too, but that's also because Punk is on the up. Jericho was main-event and debuting and all that shit and then simultaneously pushing someone else. Book got the same thing when he showed up and it really held him down, but Jericho when he got the same just kept on steaming on np np.

Most Overrated: Dolph Ziggler. I like him, I do. But he's not mic-worthy of the top guys in WWE right now. He can't even out-mic Sheamus really. He's improving but he's still a bit lacking concerning the mic which is why they haven't taken vicky away from him yet. Though I'm not saying he shouldn't be pushed or should be pushed less at all don't get me wrong about that.

Most Underrated: (goes by appreciation generally, not place on card) Alberto Del Rio. Seriously people. Guy talks better than Christian when you factor in he's ESL. wtf. and he's phenominal in the ring.

Also Santino Marella. Purely due to the stuff he has he makes decent. Anyone else given his stuff and it would suck. He's a pretty fair wrestler, he's really good with accents, and he's good on the mic. He's very versatile as well not just a comic relief. Though I also want to agree on Show and Tatsu. Also agree on Hunico. And I'm gonna say The Uso's.

Bob Bowman
07-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Over-rated: JOHN CENA
Underrated: Steven Regal

BadAndy
07-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Over-rated: JOHN CENA
Underrated: Steven Regal

Holy Crap! I totally forgot he went by Steven in WCW. You just blew my mind man.

Sahu
07-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Over rated: cena, Sheamus (Though I love him...I felt he was pushed a way earlier than he deserves..) n ADR

Under Rated: Tyson Kidd, Drew Mac, Curt Hawkins, Tyler Reks and Hunico ( I don't know why they can't promote Hunico as their next big Mexican wrestler..he can speak English also...)

bcfccalum
07-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Overrated- Michael Micgillicutty. Hes bland. His look is bland. His in-ring ability is bland. His mic skills are incoherent and unbearable. Even if he gets the Joe Hennig name change, hes still going to be mediocre because he doesn't have any charisma.

Underrated- Antonio Cesaro. Yeah, I have no idea what WWE is doing with him. They gave him a lackluster debut and hes not even on the main shows that much. Hes being underutilized for someone who can do so much more on the main shows.

didnt know mcgillicutty was even rated at all

bcfccalum
07-23-2012, 07:13 AM
but on topic. chris jericho is the king and the best that ever lived.

midian
07-23-2012, 07:19 AM
most overrated Wade Barrett,ADR,
most underrated The Uso's Antonio Cesaro (Claudio)

Thepidgeonhunter
07-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Most overrated: Obviously John Cena and Randy Orton (they don't need explanation).
Sheamus - Aside from the looks, what's cool about this guy ? His promos are bland and boring, he says the same old crap over and over again. In addition he's becoming the second John Cena, he gets beaten for 20 minutes and then all of the sudden he brogue kicks someone in the face and retains, that's horrible. People chose twice to cheer his opponents (Bryan & Ziggler). That, to me, is a proof, that he's a terrible babyface.
Alberto Del Rio - he's probably the worst main-eventer since Jack Swagger. I absolutely have nothing positive to say about him. In-ring abilities are average at best and his promoes are painful to hear. Ricardo is far more interesting than this guy.
Ryback - I going to get heat for that but I feel he's wasting TV time. I don't buy the gimmick at all. Is he a cyborg or an orc ? IMO he's a combination of both. He's on TV since april and nothing happend with him. He seems to be Vince's next toy (like Ezekiel, Ryan and Kozlov) before. He should not be on PPV's
Big Show, Brodus Clay, Tensai - I don't understand why Vince thinks big&fat means awesome. That's the mystery to me.
Most underrated:
Christian - he's the most underrated wrestler of all-time. He should be a permanent main-eventer. Vince seems to really hate him. He treated his title reigns like rubbish. Now, he's an intercontinental champion, while he should enter awesome programmes with Bryan, Y2j or Punk, because he's on their level. I really hope he'll be back to main-event scene.
Tyson Kidd - probably the best lower-carder right now. He deserves to enter the IC or US title scene.
Johnny Curtis - to me, he's was the one who took adventage of NxT Redemption. His creepy persona was really interesting. Good, underrated worker.
Justin Gabriel, Hunico, Trent Barreta - too good to be jobbers.
Heath slater - he's actually interesting, maybe he will dethrone Santino in some kind of funny feud ?

Sorry If I made some mistakes, English is not my native language. I'm new here so, Hello! :)

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-23-2012, 11:01 AM
But to me being a old school wrestling purest, Jericho is on their level because he does something that hardly ANY legend does. He puts younger talent over in the ring and on the mic in A+ quality matches and segments. People like point out that he's jobbing or bland on the mic. This ain't UFC. He's jobbing per script. He doesn't need the money to do this. He doing this for the industry. He's even toning down his mic work to let younger guys look like they can hang with him, when I know they really can't. When has the rock or scsa ever done this? They don't. Don't even get me started about Hogan or other legends not letting younger guys get over on them.

So with that said Jericho didn't even NEED to come back to the WWE. He has nothing more to accomplish or prove. But he did just to put this generations stars over for the greater good of the WWE. He should be appreciated for even being back in the ring and ALLOWING this eras talent to look that they are on his same level imo.

GOTTA LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. If over rated in comparison to Hogan's prime drawing power, I can see some peoples point by that definition ONLY. But in overall contributions to wrestling he is arguably one of the best ever. Hes just not about himself.

Thank you for writing this so I didn't have to Stevie :D You said everything I was going to say

Amerinaine
07-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Overrated: Randy Orton: Let's face it. They give him so much air time, and for what. So he can cause trouble behind the scenes? Get rid of the problem. I was a huge fan of his character, but if people have a problem with CM Punk (Phillip Jack Brooks) being a jerk, than they should have met Orton. At least Punk has to be provoked into being a jerk.

Underated: Dolph Ziggler: If they would just let him have a microphone and ditch Vickie Guerrero, I don't think I would be talking about him as underated. He isn't getting the push he deserves while he has those training wheels attached.

El T Draino 316
07-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Can someone please tell me who the angel is @johnnydropkicks' signature is? Holy hell. Whoever she is, she's underrated because she's not in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Dennis
07-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Can someone please tell me who the angel is @johnnydropkicks' signature is? Holy hell. Whoever she is, she's underrated because she's not in the WWE Hall of Fame.
Candice Michelle... she was a diva during the mid part of the 2000's .... she was in playboy if that interests you as well.. long storied rivalry with torrie wilson...

Kaisered
07-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Most overrated - well ICW standards that will be Tyson Kidd, Drew, A-Ry, Cm Punk, and Jack Swagger. I'm sorry but by the standards of this discussion I will consider them to being over rated.

By real standards- Sheamus, and Rey Rey

Most underrated - by IWC standards I'll say Derrick Bateman and Johnny Curtis I see that no one person here likes them at all.

by real standards - I'll go with Epico, Hunico, Sin Cara, Ricardo Rodriguez, and Primo.

BadAndy
07-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Most underrated - by IWC standards I'll say Derrick Bateman and Johnny Curtis I see that no one person here likes them at all.

Um, I said Johnny Curtis was the most underrated. I personally love this cat.

El T Draino 316
07-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Candice Michelle... she was a diva during the mid part of the 2000's .... she was in playboy if that interests you as well.. long storied rivalry with torrie wilson...

Thank you very much. I'm happy that she exists.