PDA

View Full Version : Who should Santino Lose the U.S. Title to?

Kaisered
07-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Santino already has 130+ days as U.S. champion and we all clearly know he hasn't done anything with that will increase its relevance or its prestige. He has almost been the longest U.S. champion since the company changed from the F to the E only about 40 behind D-Bry.

So who would you pick as the next legitimate #1 contender for his title and that hopefully takes it away from him in summerslam?

I will like to see someone like Heath Slater beating him for the title since Heath brings more heat from the fans than just about most of the mid-card heel guys(except Cody and 2 or 3 more)!!!

Btw I just realized that cody rhodes first ICC reign was the longest since Shelton Benjamin back in 2004 and its the 9th longest title run since the belt was created

Grind_Bastard
07-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Damien Sandow.

You're welcome.

PrimusSucks
07-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Heath would be great as US champ, as long as he got some mic time.

Shaz11
07-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Heath or Drew McIntyre.

Tommy Thunder
07-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Taking into account that it should be someone who's been on tv recently, I'd say Heath Slater has a good chance. He's been getting pretty over as a heel with his legend segments recently.
Damien Sandow is another good candidate, given that he has some history with Santino through backstage segments expressing his disgust at his character.

Mr. Ziggles
07-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I say sandow, while I'm not a huge fan of his, it would help with his whole gimmick of saving the WWE from mediocrity.

Tomsta666
07-21-2012, 03:25 PM
He would make an awesome U.S champion. Imagine the promos? It would be wonderful.

Agreed. And LOL at your sig!! :D

vinnienfg
07-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Damien Sandow.

You're welcome.

That's who would get my vote.

Kenny Kaos
07-21-2012, 03:29 PM
I doesn't matter. They would just carry on not defending it EVER like Santino currently does

akbar
07-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Anyone, Santino is a joke.

Kaisered
07-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Anyone, Santino is a joke.
Akbar Santino is not the only joke how about Zack Ryder and Hornswoggle you just can't have anyone win the title :p

Mr Punk
07-21-2012, 04:31 PM
I would like to see Antonio Cesaro win the US title and start mocking it and saying how much of a joke it is.

Cabers
07-21-2012, 04:37 PM
I have a feeling that Slaters reward will be a US championship run.

NOAHARDYBRAND
07-21-2012, 07:10 PM
I think that he should lose it to the miz after all he just returned and has finally got ridden of his fouxhawk he would make a great champion at least he does look like the type of person that looks like he has potential to hold that belt and defend it like Christian does or even more

Seanb93
07-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Miz, Wade Barrett, Tensai,

SLEEPY LOCO1
07-21-2012, 07:23 PM
I think that they should give it to Tensai, because right now it looks like they don't know what to do with him. WWE could just have him dominate the mid card division for for a while. I think that will give legitimacy to both the belt and to Tensai as a "Super-Heel".

ScottishWrestlingFan
07-21-2012, 07:24 PM
It doesn't matter, I forget who holds all the other titles nowadays too. Until the day comes where the titles mean something, they can be pinned on anoyne.

The Piper
07-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Anybody, anybody at all. Hell, even Cena is better than Santino, Santino is shitting on that title by holding it for more than a week

akbar
07-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Akbar Santino is not the only joke how about Zack Ryder and Hornswoggle you just can't have anyone win the title :p
Oh yh, forgot about those prats.

The Brown One
07-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Apparently Sandow will feud with Christian for the IC title. That leaves only a handful of people to take on Santino for the US title. It should be someone relevant, and not someone that is forced down our throats - like they have with Zeke, ADR, Sheamus etc.
Slater would be a good choice, as hes been on tv every week for months and gets good heat.

I think that they should give it to Tensai, because right now it looks like they don't know what to do with him. WWE could just have him dominate the mid card division for for a while. I think that will give legitimacy to both the belt and to Tensai as a "Super-Heel".

They don't know what to do with him because they expected him to be a huge draw and he flopped. I wouldn't care less if they took him off tv at this point, as hes boring to watch.

John Lonce
07-21-2012, 10:00 PM
First choice is indeed Damian Sandow. Great gimmick...solid worker....good mic work.

Dennis
07-21-2012, 10:04 PM
why not have tyson kidd do some promos about how he wants to bring legitimacy back to the the united states title.. take the title.. have a long title run... lose it.. wait a bit and then he can move to bigger things.. (same idea used for cody rhodes)

Sahu
07-21-2012, 10:40 PM
My picks:

1. Heath Slater..just as a reward for what he's doing with legends and also it will add more cockiness to the gimmick

2. Returning Wade Barett winning it and changing the name as British Championship or European Championship like Lance Storm did in WCW n allow American wrestlers to fight for it n let Barett defend it for few months n finally drop it to All American American (a face swagger)

3. Give Tyson a chance to win it and allow him to defend it for longer period n in the course transform him as a heel

4. Damien Sandow...he and Santino has a story already in the backstage...so let him win it first n behave as if he is saving the US n later let him win IC Title and behave like saving ppl across the continents n let him unite those titles...

5. Already Cody and Santino have some rivalry..let Cody cut a promo saying his father is American Dream n Santino is a BIG JOKE as a champion and let him challenge Santino and defeat him..n then let him say he'll bring back the glory of the championship...

BadAndy
07-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Damien Sandow.

You're welcome.

No, you're welcome. And agreed 1,000%.

cainecollin
07-22-2012, 01:04 AM
I'd like a 'big name' chase for it, and eventually win it, hold it for a bit, then have someone in the midcard that they want to push. that way it builds up cred, as does the new champ

Incubus_99
07-22-2012, 01:09 AM
I wouldn't want Sandow to get the run just as yet...with all of the new talent coming in a class of semi-new superstars such as Slater, Mcgillicutty, Swagger & others are being ignored...

I'd rather have Swagger win the US Title...at leats it could help him with his All American American Gimmick...

wrestlingfan66513
07-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Damien Sandow.

You're welcome.

this a hundred times over. The promo's between the two would be top notch, Sandow beating Santino would help him build up more heat, and this is the perfect opportunity for Sandow to get his characters goals over to the crowd.

Smark callaway
07-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Let Ryder turn on Santino and beat him. He was pretty good as a heel.

Peter Kaymakcian
07-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Actually I think Micheal McGuillicutty should win it and then change his name to Joe Henig

scribbler_jones
07-22-2012, 02:57 AM
Actually I think Micheal McGuillicutty should win it and then change his name to Joe Henig

Why not? Although, on a separate note, rumor has it that he may very well get to use his family name in WWE...

Back on topic, I'd like to see either an up and coming talent get the US strap (Sandow, Cesaro) Mike McGuillicutty, Heath Slater... or Rhodes.

People I DON'T want to see the belt go to: Ryder (again) the midget under the ring (abomination) Jinder Mahal (bores me) Tensai (bores me too.)

HITMAN
07-22-2012, 04:07 AM
I wouldn't want Sandow to get the run just as yet...with all of the new talent coming in a class of semi-new superstars such as Slater, Mcgillicutty, Swagger & others are being ignored...

I'd rather have Swagger win the US Title...at leats it could help him with his All American American Gimmick...

Swagger is better then anybody mentioned on here hand down

scribbler_jones
07-22-2012, 04:18 AM
Swagger is better then anybody mentioned on here hand down

In skill sets and ability, maybe...

Charisma and mic skills? He has a ways to go. At his current state I can see him being one of the guys to feud for the belt - maybe even give the holder a real run for their money - but I don't see him at the point where he can hold both the belt and viewers' attention. If he ups his mic game, then he could be great. That, and I remember he was, for a time, a ferocious competitor. It just feels like they took some of his fire away - if he got that back, even if his promos don't improve that much, he could still be a draw with the U.S. belt because he would be the dominating, nigh-unstoppable super-athlete who wants nothing more than to break ankles. No silly posturing, no million dollar smiles. Just ruthless aggression. That could work.

christianfan
07-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Joe Hennig should beat Santino for US title!

bartish2
07-22-2012, 07:28 AM
belt is irrelevant anyways

Suhayl
07-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Joe Hennig should beat Santino for US title!

Nobody. Touches. The. Beard.

Kitchn
07-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Santino should drop it to Christian so they can unify the belts, just call it the intercontinental Championship and bring more prestige back to the belt.

Joonny
07-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Heath Slater :)

Johnny G
07-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Think they should give it to Seth Rollins

Snair
07-22-2012, 09:36 AM
They should bring Tyson kid in RAW roster and slowly place in a mid-card feud.Kid winning would make sense even it results in a face vs face confrontation.

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-22-2012, 09:49 AM
The belt doesn't have the meaning it used to so Santino holding it really doesn't drop the belt down that many pegs. He at least is keeping the crowd entertained with it, but the change is coming... My thoughts

Who should get the belt? Sandow is a great candidate, Swagger could use it to rebuild HIS credibility with a prop, and Tyson deserves a run with a belt other than the tag titles at this point. Any of these 3 could work for me.

Who shouldn't get it? Slater is getting the heat, but he's not giving the matches. Let him be in a decent fued and put on some good matches while keeping that heat, and I'll say yes. Cody has out grown the belt at this point. Unless they plan on giving it to him and letting him set a record with it to add to his character (Cody could be the Superstar that "Sets Records" when he holds belts. I think that could really help get his character over further), then he shouldn't touch the belt. Same for D-Bry at this point.

Who I think the E will give it to? Ryback in a 30 second match. I think the E is planning on pushing the guy straight from Jobber dropping, to holding a belt without giving him a credible fued. I think we'll see his first fued start while he is wearing the US title. Even if he is "Raw based", I can't see them giving him the IC belt for this fact, but I can surely see them giving him the US belt.

monctonvike
07-22-2012, 10:12 AM
...anyone but Hornswoggle or the great kali

Machomadness97
07-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Health Slater will be the superstar to take the title from Santino. This will be an interesting win and Slater deserves it and WWE is saying that Slater will be getting a major push. This would be an interesting run and maybe the title can go to new heights. If Slater does not win the title, numerous superstars can do good with the title.

Lucas Chapel
07-22-2012, 10:38 AM
I'd have WWE move the US Championship over to NXT and have it as the main belt on that show.

rya666
07-22-2012, 10:55 AM
My list

Tyson Kidd
Damian Sandow
Alex Riley
Tyler Reks

Machomadness97
07-22-2012, 11:12 AM
The U.S championship should be moved to WWE Superstars. Many jobbers are there and it would make for an interesting show. On the 1000 Raw, Slater will win the title and maybe will start a rivalry with some jobber from Superstars. The U.S championship should not be taking as a joke but a title like it was back in WCW. WWE gave it to anyone back when Ryder won the title.

Mikeyboy7777777
07-22-2012, 04:45 PM
someone interesting which can feud with him not drew mcintyre santino has squashed him too much already i'm hoping for hunico

imswm
07-22-2012, 04:48 PM
May I vote for "the first person he bumps into,: just so they take the belt off him? Comedy people with straps = never losing = good wrestlers forced to job.

jelle1809
07-23-2012, 05:20 AM
Just give me Slater as US Champion. His accent alone is a good reference to being an American + he is going to get a huge payback from his legends weeks.

Dr. Death
07-23-2012, 06:11 AM
I'd really like to see Swagger take it from Santino, then let the WWE have a "Best of 7" series between Swagger and Ryback. Kind of re-creating the Nikita Koloff vs. Magnum TA matches for the exact same title no less. This could help bring some prestige back to the title if they give a good feud for it. If this doesn't happen, then at least let Tyson Kidd get a shot at the belt, anything or anyone could be good with the belt if they at least defended the title.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-23-2012, 10:22 AM
I'd have WWE move the US Championship over to NXT and have it as the main belt on that show.

NXT is getting it's own title and I don't think they should move it off the main shows, no matter how badly people moan about how it's treated.

bigjayjay
07-23-2012, 08:05 PM
i go with sandow. hes got that great cart wheel celebration