PDA

View Full Version : What to do with all the talent not being used efficiently?

Dennis
07-19-2012, 09:51 PM
I have started to notice the wwe has a ton of great superstars that they currently don't have great creative ideas to get them over with the crowd. for example justin gabriel is a talent that could get huge pops just off the fact his finisher is the 450 splash and he actually looks like he could combat some of the bigger guys on the roster.. so while I was thinking about this and I know this idea gets tossed around alot why not throw people like justin gabriel into a stable that dominates the wwe.. and I mean the same way that evolution use to with all the gold... toss a upper mid carder as the face of the stable to give him a huge push.. naturally wade barrett could do this role.. but you could put dolph ziggler in this stable so he actually can be part of a legitimate stable instead (shot at spirit squad!) I think if you put 4 to 8 members of the talent that is either not used right now (i.e. anyone who makes most of their televised matches on superstars or nxt... or is just not televised much) it could be an interesting way to push them plus making that upper mid-carder a main event champion what wins cheaply thus making interesting twists and a chance for a face stable as well... personally I would put tyson kidd, justin gabriel, wade barrett (or ziggler not both), jack swagger(he's a great wrestler), alex riley, curt hawkings, and tyler reks in this group... if you wish you can totally tell me how stupid this idea is or what you would like to change about this stable idea

Playboy Stevie V
07-19-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm a old schooler and have been completely disheartened by the lack of legitimate tag team wrestling. Not two random single wrestlers with no chemistry or anything in common coming out to their mixed into songs with no double team signature moves or finishers.

They are only 4 Legit teams in the WWE I can think of and one team just jobbed to Ryback. That's pathetic. When i was growing up the tag division drew as much and main evented as much as the world heavyweight championship. They had about 12 great tag teams signed at any given time on their roster.

Reason why I bring this up is because WWE is not focusing on Tag Teams and can put together a lot of floundering mid carders, gimmick them up and resuscitate this division. That's what they need to do with their wasted talent. I can off the top of my head put together 7 tag Teams currently, which I had listed or have seen listed on other forums.

Not everybody is meant to be a singles star. You think Hawk and Animal, for one of many examples, could have had as big of careers if they were single wrestlers? I don't think so.

WWE has enough talent to have an awesome tag division, but they don't give a shit about anything other than their two main titles, anymore.

But to answer your question quickly....tag em up.

Rick BoA
07-20-2012, 01:13 AM
IMO a great stable will have a Top card, a mid card and a tag team. Look at evolution and DX, both were lead by a world champion with a midcard guy and a tag team. IF you have too many people you will run into problems with who should go for the titles, and it would ultimately make a few guys look bad. If they do a stable they need to make one that actually matters. No more X-factor/la familia crap.

Haruko Haruhara
07-20-2012, 02:00 AM
I'm a old schooler and have been completely disheartened by the lack of legitimate tag team wrestling. Not two random single wrestlers with no chemistry or anything in common coming out to their mixed into songs with no double team signature moves or finishers.

They are only 4 Legit teams in the WWE I can think of and one team just jobbed to Ryback. That's pathetic. When i was growing up the tag division drew as much and main evented as much as the world heavyweight championship. They had about 12 great tag teams signed at any given time on their roster.

Reason why I bring this up is because WWE is not focusing on Tag Teams and can put together a lot of floundering mid carders, gimmick them up and resuscitate this division. That's what they need to do with their wasted talent. I can off the top of my head put together 7 tag Teams currently, which I had listed or have seen listed on other forums.

Not everybody is meant to be a singles star. You think Hawk and Animal, for one of many examples, could have had as big of careers if they were single wrestlers? I don't think so.

WWE has enough talent to have an awesome tag division, but they don't give a shit about anything other than their two main titles, anymore.

But to answer your question quickly....tag em up.

I dont see how this makes since lol you are telling them to do what you hate.

anon316
07-20-2012, 02:43 AM
i think what playboy is saying is he hates it when they just pair up 2 random guys for one match like ryder and santino. but they should be able create a few teams who have chemistry out of all the guys they have hanging around doing nothing and make them into proper teams.

Mikeyboy7777777
07-20-2012, 03:05 AM
i like the top carder midcarder and tag team idea but if people would just simply look at the top heel contenders for the IC WHC and tag team belts since every championship is held by faces now if they team up you would realise that it's really realistic for example R-truth betraying kofi kingston by using his finisher on kofi so the PTP can pin them then perhapse add a main eventer heel who can really talk then you have a stable first let them get the tag belts maybe lose them to someone then add the ic title and after a long reign the WHC championship let them get cocky and if played right the midcarder will shine out just like that the tag team would become more legit AW could be a great manager for that

bartish2
07-20-2012, 06:39 AM
sounds just like nexus... before super cena & super orton destroyed it

Playboy Stevie V
07-20-2012, 09:59 AM
I dont see how this makes since lol you are telling them to do what you hate.

If you read more into it, I said to give em a gimmick homie and that on other forums I've listed or others have listed how. After reading my post I can see how that was missed. I mean who actually wants to read my big ass long post, all of it? LOL

For instance A Ry and Swagger and make them into some Varsity type team, Henning and Ted Jr into a spoiled rich kid type of team, Kidd and Gabriel into some boy band type team, Slater and Husky Harris into a Freebird type team etc. You gotta gimmick them up. I apologise for the confusion. LOL

Playboy Stevie V
07-20-2012, 10:09 AM
i think what playboy is saying is he hates it when they just pair up 2 random guys for one match like ryder and santino. but they should be able create a few teams who have chemistry out of all the guys they have hanging around doing nothing and make them into proper teams.

^^^ this. I guess not everyone was confused.

Pumpkinhead
07-20-2012, 10:19 AM
I have started to notice the wwe has a ton of great superstars that they currently don't have great creative ideas to get them over with the crowd. for example justin gabriel is a talent that could get huge pops just off the fact his finisher is the 450 splash and he actually looks like he could combat some of the bigger guys on the roster.. so while I was thinking about this and I know this idea gets tossed around alot why not throw people like justin gabriel into a stable that dominates the wwe.. and I mean the same way that evolution use to with all the gold... toss a upper mid carder as the face of the stable to give him a huge push.. naturally wade barrett could do this role.. but you could put dolph ziggler in this stable so he actually can be part of a legitimate stable instead (shot at spirit squad!) I think if you put 4 to 8 members of the talent that is either not used right now (i.e. anyone who makes most of their televised matches on superstars or nxt... or is just not televised much) it could be an interesting way to push them plus making that upper mid-carder a main event champion what wins cheaply thus making interesting twists and a chance for a face stable as well... personally I would put tyson kidd, justin gabriel, wade barrett (or ziggler not both), jack swagger(he's a great wrestler), alex riley, curt hawkings, and tyler reks in this group... if you wish you can totally tell me how stupid this idea is or what you would like to change about this stable idea

Yeah maybe add Otunga,Slater, Ryback and Darren Young and see it how it works ;)

Cabers
07-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Yeah maybe add Otunga,Slater, Ryback and Darren Young and see it how it works ;)

LOL finally an original idea :rolleyes:

imswm
07-20-2012, 03:56 PM

A bigger part of the problem, overlooked by so many "experts," is that very few indie guys are getting together as a team and with the goal of being signed as a team. How often do you hear "Team X was signed to a WWE developmental contract" or "Wrestler A and Wrestler B are being brought into TNA as a tag team"?

Playboy Stevie V
07-20-2012, 04:07 PM
A bigger part of the problem, overlooked by so many "experts," is that very few indie guys are getting together as a team and with the goal of being signed as a team. How often do you hear "Team X was signed to a WWE developmental contract" or "Wrestler A and Wrestler B are being brought into TNA as a tag team"?

^^^ Very true. It's a shame that the current wrestling culture has basically been over shadowed by just making single stars. They're missing a key element that has made this industry so great. Your point is excellent.

Dennis
07-20-2012, 04:42 PM
LOL finally an original idea :rolleyes:
I obviously wasn't hiding the fact I knew justin gabriel and barrett were already in stables together.. but I was saying push it farther this time.. make the entire stable have champions in it... make this stable actually mean something... and push these great wrestlers who are currently watching from the sidelines

Pumpkinhead
07-20-2012, 06:53 PM
I obviously wasn't hiding the fact I knew justin gabriel and barrett were already in stables together.. but I was saying push it farther this time.. make the entire stable have champions in it... make this stable actually mean something... and push these great wrestlers who are currently watching from the sidelines
Nah stables shoulld be used rarely to worth the hype, the nexus thing is still fresh in everyone's memory, having titles in all the memvers of a stable limits the oportunity for other guys

Dennis
07-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Nah stables shoulld be used rarely to worth the hype, the nexus thing is still fresh in everyone's memory, having titles in all the memvers of a stable limits the oportunity for other guys
nexus might still be in everyones head.. but a stable wouldn't limit other guys you could make multiple stables as well that could combat each other... maybe a heel and a face at first then when they are taking all the titles.. you could bring in a tweener stable... or just people breaking away from the stables.. it sounds classic!

Dennis
07-21-2012, 02:12 PM
You mean like a group similar to WCW's Natural Born Thrillers? Well that might be able to work depending on how it's pulled off. Personally, I'm not much of a fan of stables consisting of more than 5 members.

Another way is to put them in a tag team. You can easily pair up guys who have nothing better to do together. A tag team formation like Big Zeke & Mason Ryan would add more to the WWE tag team division. It worked for the New Age Outlaws and it will work for other wrestlers who aren't showcased enough on the main shows.
stables lead to single competitors as well is what I was going for.. some people are not meant for tag teams i.e. r truth ergo putting them in tag teams instead of a stable would take their upsides away from them.. leading to a drop in entertainment...

BadAndy
07-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Vince and the WWE higher-ups have all become obsessed with ratings. They were so desperate to strengthen their ratings that they combined superstars from both shows to appear on one, the other, or both. I think this has hurt a lot of talent from getting air time. I also think that the loss of NXT to us here in the US has hurt. I was really starting to like some of the stars like Johnny Curtis and now I never see him. Rhodes has been almost MIA for a while now, which is a HUGE mistake. I think WWE has a massive load of talent in their company right now. In fact, I think that there are fewer that I can say I'd like to see gone than I'd like to see more of. I think having 2-3 shows with talent on only those shows and the realistic knowledge that ratings won't always be up is what needs to happen. Also, writing writing writing! Engaging stories is going to be what gets fans wanting more and tuning in to see what happens next.

Ideas being thrown around like stables and tag teams are great and I wouldn't mind that, but I don't want it cutting everything down to everybody getting 1-2 minute matches like we've seen happen before.

Overall, I for one would love to see some of the older talent either gone or start doing the Jericho thing and putting over the younger talent.

Machomadness97
07-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Many superstars can be used on the roster. When you see guys that are not use to the spotlight, you tend to get fascinated by them. All these superstars have great skills, but many of them are never used. Since the tag team division is getting a lot of attention, these superstars can be used in this division and put on great matches. If not, bring back the belts and make matches more entertaining. Every superstar can be used but the problem is that many superstars are used on WWE Superstars!

Dubs
07-22-2012, 10:57 AM
stables lead to single competitors as well is what I was going for.. some people are not meant for tag teams i.e. r truth ergo putting them in tag teams instead of a stable would take their upsides away from them.. leading to a drop in entertainment...
Whether they aren't meant for tag teams or not, it's still another way of getting wrestlers air-time and getting them noticed. Stables are good some exposure I guess but it doesn't lead to a long-term plan like tag teams do.