PDA

View Full Version : Triple H high on Joe henning

Sniffsquad
07-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Im very pleased that Triple H likes him as a possible main eventer his promos have gotten better. I was watching his feud with Tyson Kidd and I was very entertained with it. But do u u think he will ever be named as Joe Henning on wwe tv. And am I the only one who thinks he looks like Big Ben Rothlisberger. The Pittsburgh steelers quarterback

Cabers
07-19-2012, 01:34 PM
He has always been impressive and i really thought he was going to win NXT season 2 however he is in an alright place now but is still stuck on Superstars and NXT so he just needs a chance i picture him beating Santino and becoming US Champion on Raw...

Tommy Thunder
07-19-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm also happy that someone high up is backing him. And the fact that it's HHH of all people is a good sign for his future.

I've always liked him since I first saw him on NXT season 2. He was good in the ring back then, and he's gotten much better since. I thought he was decent on the mic back then too, and again, that aspect of his game has improved too.

I think if he does become a major player in WWE then we will see him using the Joe Henning name. But until he breaks the glass ceiling so to speak, he'll be known as Michael McGulicutty. I think they want to see if he can make it first before taking the risk of giving him the Henning name. Because once they do that, he'll always be compared to his grandfather and, most of all, his father of course. Until they find out if he can be a big star in WWE, he won't be using the Henning name IMO.

Sniffsquad
07-19-2012, 01:40 PM
I agree with the statement above me. I love the intensity he shows it brings something different.

vikingsman18
07-19-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm also happy that someone high up is backing him. And the fact that it's HHH of all people is a good sign for his future.

I've always liked him since I first saw him on NXT season 2. He was good in the ring back then, and he's gotten much better since. I thought he was decent on the mic back then too, and again, that aspect of his game has improved too.

I think if he does become a major player in WWE then we will see him using the Joe Henning name. But until he breaks the glass ceiling so to speak, he'll be known as Michael McGulicutty. I think they want to see if he can make it first before taking the risk of giving him the Henning name. Because once they do that, he'll always be compared to his grandfather and, most of all, his father of course. Until they find out if he can be a big star in WWE, he won't be using the Henning name IMO.

Exactly. If you got Hunter backing you up you know you must be doing something right. Like one of the posts before me, I can see Joe going on to winning the United States Championship and even furthur. Best of luck to him.

christianfan
07-19-2012, 01:59 PM
im very happy hhh loves him. if hhh likes some wrestler he can get a good push. hennig is very talented wrestler and wwe should put him on TV in some mid card feud. I would love to see feud between mcgillicutty and christian for the IC title :D

El T Draino 316
07-19-2012, 02:11 PM
He's gotta lose some weight. And that's not a "Oh his dad was chizzled so he should be too" comment. WWE Superstars have to have a certain look to be marketable or believable. If he were taller, having some extra pounds wouldn't hurt him (Show, Giant, Vader, Brodus, etc). But in a company where everyone he wrestles looks much more athletic then him, his appearance will have a negative impact.

Also, we - the die hard fans know the name Hennig. I don't necessary think the casual adult fan or younger crowd would recognize it. I don't see the shame in giving it to him now, or letting him have it in the first place. He doesn't have to be his dad to use his own last name. If I were him, I'd have been one unhappy camper when they stuck me with McGillicutty.

vikingsman18
07-19-2012, 02:57 PM
He's gotta lose some weight. And that's not a "Oh his dad was chizzled so he should be too" comment. WWE Superstars have to have a certain look to be marketable or believable. If he were taller, having some extra pounds wouldn't hurt him (Show, Giant, Vader, Brodus, etc). But in a company where everyone he wrestles looks much more athletic then him, his appearance will have a negative impact.

Also, we - the die hard fans know the name Hennig. I don't necessary think the casual adult fan or younger crowd would recognize it. I don't see the shame in giving it to him now, or letting him have it in the first place. He doesn't have to be his dad to use his own last name. If I were him, I'd have been one unhappy camper when they stuck me with McGillicutty.

What you said is sad, but true. Us die hard wrestling fans know the last name Hennig, but its a shame that alot of the audience today won't even recognize it.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-19-2012, 04:31 PM
May I be the first to be an asshat and say his name is Hennig. :D

Never really had much time for him to be honest, he's nearly Ted Jr levels of charisma devourer!

johnnydropkicks
07-19-2012, 04:45 PM
May I be the first to be an asshat and say his name is Hennig. :D

Never really had much time for him to be honest, he's nearly Ted Jr levels of charisma devourer!

Michael MicGillicutty has never really impressed me. Despite his average in-ring ability, Hes very bland. There's nothing about him that's interesting. Him getting an interesting gimmick may change my mind but right now, I see nothing special in MicGillicutty.

yep agreed. he doesn't have a lot micwork going. he should have been stuck in bright spandex and given the name of mr. exceptional jay hennig or something like that. and then just been a massive heel.

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 04:47 PM
He was decent in NXT season 2. But he seriously needed to work on his mic skills, and touch up his wrestling skills. But after all that time, hes really improved, as seen in his feud with Kidd on the new NXT. I don't think he'll be a main eventer soon, if ever (hes already over 30, so his time is limited), but he'll make a good midcarder if given a chance.

Androo
07-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Henning.

http://i.imgur.com/cW7ag.png
http://i.imgur.com/lVgSf.png

(Someone posted this before. I think Necro?)

The Sneakiness
07-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Henning.

God I remember that promo and thought "just spit it out son, bloody hell". It was friggin stop start stop start.

Look, he will never ever be like his old man but needs some direction. Who knows, he might actually accomplish more than he is now.

The Phantom Menace
07-20-2012, 01:48 AM
God I remember that promo and thought "just spit it out son, bloody hell". It was friggin stop start stop start.

Look, he will never ever be like his old man but needs some direction. Who knows, he might actually accomplish more than he is now.
I feel bad for poor Joe. After all he's a third gen wrestler like Randy & Rock but he'll probably never get a real chance to show us what he can do. And Trips being high on a guy should be a terrifying thing after all he's said proudly that he learned the"buisness" form Vince & we all know what happens once Uncle Vince turns on you....You get BURIED!!

Sahu
07-20-2012, 02:14 AM

Well Put!!!

He's decent in ring..should work a lil on mic..but all in all is a gud performer...

The Brown One
07-20-2012, 02:42 AM
Henning.

http://i.imgur.com/lVgSf.png

(Someone posted this before. I think Necro?)

Lol still living in 2010?

thedag
07-20-2012, 07:08 PM
it was reported years ago that HHH and HBK were high on drew mcintyre. so yeah HHH being high on him means nothing

K2Jelly
07-20-2012, 07:11 PM
it was reported years ago that HHH and HBK were high on drew mcintyre. so yeah HHH being high on him means nothing

http://thenaturalparadox.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/negnan.jpg

If HHH is actually planning to get behind Henning, it could go either way. HBK and HHH were behind Sheamus and look where he is now.

Tommy Thunder
07-20-2012, 07:13 PM

Never saw that report myself.
Only person I've seen that HHH's reportedly behind is Sheamus, and look where he is now.

CM_SUXX_NOT
07-20-2012, 07:14 PM
What you said is sad, but true. Us die hard wrestling fans know the last name Hennig, but its a shame that alot of the audience today won't even recognize it.
Apparently not all of us, a fair few are saying Henning rather than Hennig. I know Mr. 1979 already said it but there is a difference.

Tommy Thunder
07-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Apparently not all of us, a fair few are saying Henning rather than Hennig. I know Mr. 1979 already said it but there is a difference.

I'm guilty of that. It's just a habit of saying Henning instead of Hennig!

thedag
07-20-2012, 07:18 PM
http://thenaturalparadox.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/negnan.jpg

If HHH is actually planning to get behind Henning, it could go either way. HBK and HHH were behind Sheamus and look where he is now.

don't be a bitch. your a cry baby cuz i didn't love tna last night. grow up.

K2Jelly
07-20-2012, 07:22 PM
don't be a bitch. your a cry baby cuz i didn't love tna last night. grow up.

Ever heard of the term "tongue in cheek"?

If a jocular picture isn't enough to convey that, I don't know what will.

thedag
07-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Never saw that report myself.
Only person I've seen that HHH's reportedly behind is Sheamus, and look where he is now.

it was years ago. i did a quick search and only found this,

http://www.sescoops.com/triple-h-high-on-young-superstar-backstage-dx-story/

but there is a lot of old forems talking about it on the web too. but this is way back when he had a push.

Tommy Thunder
07-20-2012, 07:34 PM
it was years ago. i did a quick search and only found this,

http://www.sescoops.com/triple-h-high-on-young-superstar-backstage-dx-story/

but there is a lot of old forems talking about it on the web too. but this is way back when he had a push.

Eh, HHH didn't have as much power backstage back during the McIntyre push as he has now. Since he's moved into a pretty much full time backstage role, we've seen Sheamus pushed (courtesy of him) and he's now one of the companies top guys.
If HHH likes you now, I think you're pretty set given that he's pretty much running things backstage now.

thedag
07-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Eh, HHH didn't have as much power backstage back during the McIntyre push as he has now. Since he's moved into a pretty much full time backstage role, we've seen Sheamus pushed (courtesy of him) and he's now one of the companies top guys.
If HHH likes you now, I think you're pretty set given that he's pretty much running things backstage now.

the thing is moods change in WWE. one bad match can wreck you.

Dubs
07-21-2012, 09:35 AM
yep agreed. he doesn't have a lot micwork going. he should have been stuck in bright spandex and given the name of mr. exceptional jay hennig or something like that. and then just been a massive heel.
Exactly. Anything would be better than his current Michael "Of the genesis" McGillicutty shtick.

HCollins-TNA1
07-21-2012, 12:33 PM
I hope this praise gives him a push back to the main roster RAW/Smackdown even a mid card title push.... Watching Joe, he got so much of his dad and grandpa likeness in the ring from the moves he does... He could and should be a front runner for the new face of the WWE, but that is doubtful...

Machomadness97
07-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Joe Henning can do something that his great father Mr. Perfect could not do, win the WWE title. He should come out on Raw 1000 and cut a promo. He should come out to classic ring gear and his father's music. He says that he is Joe Henning and he will win gold. Let the Christian come out and tell Joe Henning he is not the best. They start a match that Henning challenges Christian for the title. Henning wins with a roll-up and this starts a rivalry. It would boost up Henning and it will make it fun to watch Joe Henning in a rivalry with Christian.