PDA

View Full Version : Viacom are being such babies.

JessiDeathBat
07-19-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't even watch TNA but Viacom needs to take a midol and change their diaper for thinking it's a good idea to pull out of directv unless they pay them more for a channel no one cares about (epix). It's reminiscent of the big writer's strike a few years back.Grow up and be professional Viacom!

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Both sides are being greedy assholes. Always happens in these situations.

bearkg88
07-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Its total bullshit. I enjoy a few shows on MTV, a lot on Comedy Central and Spike, and the occasional show on CMT. Just sucks big time.

MrVoteLibertarian
07-19-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't have a horse in this race BUT providers are staring to get screwed. Viacom sucks minus Spike....they can keep the rest of their channels.

Cabers
07-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Ah yes the corporate side of TV ruining everything for the little guy *shakes fist*

Playboy Stevie V
07-19-2012, 02:38 PM
You can watch TNA online live while its on. Inbox me if you wanna know how to watch. I watched it last week with no problems, while Viacom and DTV are bitch fighting. I'll be online for the next few hours.

The Phantom Menace
07-20-2012, 01:37 AM
Both sides are being greedy assholes. Always happens in these situations. This is the TRUEST Statement you'll ever read on the subject. I've had Direct for 10 years & this sh*t totally sucks!

Asherdelampyr
07-20-2012, 06:28 AM
I don't even watch TNA but Viacom needs to take a midol and change their diaper for thinking it's a good idea to pull out of directv unless they pay them more for a channel no one cares about (epix). It's reminiscent of the big writer's strike a few years back.Grow up and be professional Viacom!

You seem to have little to no grasp on the situation. The fact is, the amount that they are asking for fits in with the viewership increase for the channels that they offer (They have several) DirectTV is just pissy because they are trying to compete with Comcast (Xfinity, or whatever shitty name it is this week) and they really cant, simply because Comcast owns a great deal of stations, and therefore can put out a cheaper product. These cost cutting abilities have forced Direct TV to deal rather closely with their providers, as they are trying to pay everyone as little as possible. It's been going on for close to 5 years now, but the merger between Comcast and Universal/MBC made it much worse, so much so that most providers are not even getting the standard increases come contract renewal time.

Viacom made the right move here, they have been receiving dick for years despite their stations' ratings. More than that though, they needed to actually stand up for themselves and the other smaller stations that have basically been forced to drop the soap for 5 years.

monctonvike
07-20-2012, 07:13 AM
It will be on direct tv next week issue is now resolved

Poot-Hair
07-20-2012, 08:04 AM
It will be on direct tv next week issue is now resolvedHave you got a source for this news mate?

HCollins-TNA1
07-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Both sides are being greedy assholes. Always happens in these situations.
Agree here both sides is at fault in their own ways... Wanting more or not wanting to give more....

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-20-2012, 09:10 AM
I have Digital Cable, so I fortunately didn't have to go through this ordeal. Good thing they agreed on something! Now a ton of people now have their iMPACT! Wrestling and Country Music back.

baby-boi
07-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Actually, the blame falls on DirecTv. Viacom just wanted a bigger share of the profits, DirecTv's greed let this tiny problem get out of hand. Then, to save face, they tried to say Viacom wanted DTV customers to pay more,which was a lie. They could care less how much DTV customers pay a month.

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-21-2012, 01:37 PM
It's either two ways...

They are both in the wrong. Viacom wants more money from Direct TV because they think their product is better than it is and Direct TV is wrong because they want to keep costs as low as possible by screwing companies like Viacom out of money so they can have a bigger piece of market share.

or

Viacom is right since they have been paying lower prices for such a long time. Now that they're channels are producing higher ratings they have earned the right to more $$$ and Direct TV has been offering quality service to companies such as Viacom for so long that they have earned a little loyalty from these companies in that if they are able to secure more of the market, they will be able to give companies like Viacom a higher pay out within the next couple of years.

You can look at it from either perspective and be right. It's not completely Viacoms fault, nor is it all on Direct TV. However, I find it interesting that Impact was pushing their fans with Direct TV watching in other form (someones house, at the bar, via the net) to "switch providers now". This was basically throwing Direct TV under the bus (for the limited fan base of Impact viewers) and saying they aren't worth waiting for. It was a good move for Impact since they need the ratings NOW and not later. Direct TV and Viacom both kind of screwed Impact on this since it was the first Impact after Aries got the belt that Direct TV viewers couldn't watch... If anything, it gives Impact a little leverage in that what Spike has promised them in terms of how many house hold could potentially see Impact has now been comprimised. If Dixie has any brains in her, or any staff members worth a fuck, she would pull her lawyers into this situation to see if a negotiation could be made to "compensate" for this momentary breech in agreement. If they have lawyers worth anything, I could see them securing a Live broadcast deal with Spike, or at the least, a secondary show on Saturdays for 2 hours (take the hour of "pre-Impact" and move it, plus an extra hour from Spike) not live.