PDA

View Full Version : Major Worked Angle?

No_1eddiefan
07-19-2012, 12:51 PM
From the front page, there's a report that there's supposedly a major worked angle for Raw 1000 that will impact the whole summer. I know it's only a report but if it was true- what would you like to see happen? What do you think will happen?

Since the report said it's most likely at the end of the show, I'm gonna say it's involved with Cena-Punk. I also think it'll involve the return of Wade Barrett- since when Nexus first debuted- it was in a match between Cena & Punk.

As for what I think will happen, maybe The Rock challenge John Cena to a rematch at Summerslam after Cena beats Punk for the title- with Rock offering Cena the chance at revenge and Cena offering Rock the chance for the WWE Championship.

Sniffsquad
07-19-2012, 01:13 PM
They all ready advertised dx starting raw so Brock lesner will probably attack Shawn michaels

Cabers
07-19-2012, 01:32 PM
I am very eagerly awaiting that!!

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-19-2012, 01:33 PM
My guess is that they are going to try and get the internet talking. Look for something involving the internet's favorites down in NXT. Hopefully it's not Nexus 2.0.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-19-2012, 01:35 PM
AND this is terrible that it got out. Now everyone's expectations are going to be so high.

Sniffsquad
07-19-2012, 01:37 PM
I doubt anything with the nxt will be involved. It wouldn't make sense. I can see a dean Ambrose debut but that's all no wade barrett return no nexus return. It will be with Brock lesner and triple h/Shawn michaels

Tommy Thunder
07-19-2012, 01:41 PM
With the other news that The Rock wants to wrestle a couple of times before Wrestlemania, I think it's a fair assumption that the big angle could include him.

I think it's for sure something to do with the WWE title (and the main event match for the title on next week's show), Punk, Cena, The Rock, perhaps even SCSA (given that there are possible plans for Punk vs SCSA at WM).

I'm VERY excited for the show on Monday. So many possibilities!!

Kenny Kaos
07-19-2012, 01:42 PM
AND this is terrible that it got out. Now everyone's expectations are going to be so high.

Agreed. Here is a crazy idea. For once, while don't we all stop trying to 2nd guess, look for leaked spoilers and story line angles and just watch it as fans?

Who knows, WWE may shock us and put on a good show

Sniffsquad
07-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Call me silly but I'm tired of the punk vs austin talk. U can dream about it but be realistic it's not like stone retired because he wanted too he had too with his neck I doubt he is willing to be crippled for one more match.

Tommy Thunder
07-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Call me silly but I'm tired of the punk vs austin talk. U can dream about it but be realistic it's not like stone retired because he wanted too he had too with his neck I doubt he is willing to be crippled for one more match.

Given that he himself has said that he wants to wrestle another match, I beg to differ.

bartish2
07-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Does it really matter? it will likely be fed to supercena AGAIN and once again ruined within weeks. At this point, 1000th raw is the last episode for me. Divas division is officially dead with the release of kharma, they barely even get air time in random tag matches and buildup to a PPV match these days for them is just a staredown. us & ic belt get random matches that fail to make sense. Tag team division? what tag team division? epico & primo won no 1 contenders match and the month ran out making it void, and now the PTP won it but failed to use it ever since even with a PPV gone by when there was two random tag team matches... you can say that division is dead too. not to mention john borena getting back in the main title picture AGAIN like holy fuck not again. Its just about pleasing the kids with brodus gay, john borena, santino borella. WWE is just a pathetic excuse of a former shell of itself. Don`t care about the big summer angle. If i did, I would have let cm punk handle it. but of course its all about turning wwe into a glorified kids show these days, next stop family channel! so... does it matter what the big angle is? do you really expect the failure of a creative crew to put enough effort into a storyline? they say its a major angle but its going to be a major failure. expect almost nothing

AlexWorldOrder
07-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Does it really matter? it will likely be fed to supercena AGAIN and once again ruined within weeks. At this point, 1000th raw is the last episode for me. Divas division is officially dead with the release of kharma, they barely even get air time in random tag matches and buildup to a PPV match these days for them is just a staredown. us & ic belt get random matches that fail to make sense. Tag team division? what tag team division? epico & primo won no 1 contenders match and the month ran out making it void, and now the PTP won it but failed to use it ever since even with a PPV gone by when there was two random tag team matches... you can say that division is dead too. not to mention john borena getting back in the main title picture AGAIN like holy fuck not again. Its just about pleasing the kids with brodus gay, john borena, santino borella. WWE is just a pathetic excuse of a former shell of itself. Don`t care about the big summer angle. If i did, I would have let cm punk handle it. but of course its all about turning wwe into a glorified kids show these days, next stop family channel! so... does it matter what the big angle is? do you really expect the failure of a creative crew to put enough effort into a storyline? they say its a major angle but its going to be a major failure. expect almost nothing
I almost feel the exact same way.. I mean, you had Nexus, and that went to shit
Kane comes back with a new yet old school look, that went to shit
Summer of Punk was ruined by Hunter's massive-bigger than Hogan-ego
Lesnar comes back and of course Hunter has to get involved again after having Lesnar jobbing to Cena
Rock comes back and decides he wants the belt, then leaves again
All these things happen to get us all excited, yet there's always a fucked up catch to it. I'm so glad TNA has been as good ad it's been, otherwise I'd probably would have stopped watching wrestling altogether.

pgarcia79
07-19-2012, 02:39 PM

blah blah blah bitch bitch bitch moan moan moan is all I hear...

No_1eddiefan
07-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Agreed. Here is a crazy idea. For once, while don't we all stop trying to 2nd guess, look for leaked spoilers and story line angles and just watch it as fans?

Who knows, WWE may shock us and put on a good show

The funny thing is, as much as this may shock you- some of us LIKE to try and guess what's going to happen.

There's certain individuals that will turn around and place a good topic starter, like this one. Then there's the individuals like Tommy that will turn around and add to the topic, and then there's individuals like you that do nothing but moan and take away from the topic in the first place.

If you don't like that, then why waste your own, and all of our, time by commenting with something that adds nothing to the conversation.

Lowki
07-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Rock and Cena. Isn't the title match apparantly closing raw?

Wouldn't mind Triple H calling everyone's bluff and turning on Vince, using Lesnar to try and gain control or something. Nothing like a power struggle.

Lowki
07-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah, i thought it was nice to see Doink back last week too mate. Can you believe Heath actually got the win? Sorry, i could talk about doink all day but we've gone off-topic, silly us. :)

bearkg88
07-19-2012, 03:38 PM

Yes it does matter. Some of us like to shoot ideas back and forth as to what might happen. So with the bolded statement, does that mean you won't be watching Raw or discussing it after Monday? With the italicized statement, you are right. The Diva's Division and Tag Division are shells of past selfs, but come on with the Cena hate. Dude has been out of the WWE title picture since the fall of 2011. And you could look at past angles, Nexus, or the Punk Shoot, and bitch and moan saying "Man..the WWE really screwed it up, wow, they suck"...but you can't deny the fact that both of those moments were original and innovative to the point where people STILL talk about them today. If this huge angle is anything like this, it'll be something EVERYONE gets on EWN afterwards to discuss

Asherdelampyr
07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm seeing either something with Rock, Brock, or both, to involve either Cena, Trip or both
maybe some sort of tag match come Summerslam or Wrestlemania? Cena-HHH / Rock and Brock Squad (They can call themselves the Brock Rockers!)

barring that perhaps (I hope) something awesome with Paul Heyman (The most interesting man in these feuds, imo)

Pumpkinhead
07-19-2012, 03:46 PM
I think the only thing we can do now is wait, maybe something related with Lensar since his return haven't as successfull as exppected??, no one really knows

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Keep in mind that this is a rumor, and it might not even kick off on the 1000th Raw. If they did do something big though, it would be great. I'll be disappointed if it's The Rock going for the WWE title at Summerslam/Survivor Series though. The sooner he finishes up the better.

Oh so you're bitching about Cena? Tell me what else is new.
Give it a chance, he just got back in the WWE title picture. And that's not always bad - as we saw last year when he was in that awesome feud with Punk.

Lowki
07-19-2012, 04:57 PM
From now on I suggest we ignore Bartish, he's just constantly trolling imo Anyway, he has announced his intention of never watching Raw again after 1,000 episode meaning his opinion is essentially invalid. How can you comment on something you don't watch? :) Think we need a countdown for a week monday...

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 05:07 PM
From now on I suggest we ignore Bartish, he's just constantly trolling imo Anyway, he has announced his intention of never watching Raw again after 1,000 episode meaning his opinion is essentially invalid. How can you comment on something you don't watch? :) Think we need a countdown for a week monday...

You mean like half the people on the facebook comments (under the news articles) do? I swear, it's like reading Youtube comments when you're there.

thedag
07-19-2012, 05:15 PM

he said he was going to stop watching awhile ago. this is like his 4th time saying it. he is a bitch thats all he is.

CM Rock-Austin
07-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I hope the angle involves, Cena, Big Show, Cm Punk, The Rock, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Also a surprise appearance by GoldBerg and J.R calling it all.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-19-2012, 05:20 PM
The place never fails to give me a chuckle! :D

Kuroudo93
07-19-2012, 05:22 PM
So long as JR calls whatever happens i shall be happy

cy1911
07-19-2012, 09:10 PM
maybe like main event mafia a legend sort of group that takes over.. like what tna tried to do

IrkenInvader
07-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Maybe VKM will try his exploding Limo trick again. Hopefully Chris doesn't comeback from the grave to screw it up again.

masakaritko
07-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Two words, Dean Ambrose. I think they'll bring him in to feud with someone major immediately. He should at least make his debut. As for the major angle, I just hope they surprise us.

KJ PUNK
07-19-2012, 11:56 PM

Attitude Era mark is mad.

Sahu
07-20-2012, 01:30 AM
I hope HHH turn on against VKM with Brock as his partner n sabbotage the RAW starting from Shawn Michaels..or may be Brock n Punk Teaming UP (Punk's Heel Turn)...or may be Cena's Heel Turn.....

or may be Punk/Bryan starts their Indies team may be adding KOW to it and make their own stable n sabbotage Raw....that would be cool...

or Barret/McIntyre/Regal formming an all European Stable...

or something like MEM of TNA....

Mr. Ziggles
07-20-2012, 08:37 AM
The Major angle is the return of Wade Barrett.

TroyD
07-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Not really a big poster on here but do read a lot. I was just thinking with all these "attitude era" guys coming back we lose the PG era and go back to the Attitude? I doubt it highly but just a thought.