PDA

View Full Version : Chavo in TNA.

akbar
07-19-2012, 11:33 AM
So Chavo Guerrero has signed for TNA, What does everyone make of this? Is he too old? Or will his experience be good for the roster?

I'll admit I was never a fan, he was always a bit full of him self but if he comes with something different now then I'm very open minded and is willing to give him another chance. A feud with Zema Ion to put him over will be pretty sweet maybe...

the_viper
07-19-2012, 11:35 AM
For starters, I hope they use him well and hope they involve with the Aces and Eights (I think that is their name) group.

Thoughts?

CGBigMan
07-19-2012, 11:51 AM
i hope he is used better aswell
his last wee run wasn't great
not sure about him being with aces and 8s
because of them making the announcement instead of him being revealed on a show

The Piper
07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhh Chavo!

I'm exited to see him in TNA, I miss having him around. Wrestling isn't wrestling without a Guerrero (Vickie Doesn't count).

eboy
07-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Indeed this is the RETURN of the GUERRERO family.

anyone who claimed that it was ok for WWE to make chavo dress up as Swaggers eagle and have him lose to Hornswoggle, disgusts me. he is a freakin' GUERRERO, one of the greatest wrestling familys of all time. Chavo was never used right in WWE. I can tell that Chavo is going to be good in IMPACT Wrestling, wether he compete in the X-Division or something more, Chavo is a supurb in ring talent and is good on the mic, and is good with certain gimmicks, as disasterous as the "Pepe" gimmick in WCW was it showed just how dynamic Chavo was.

Hopefully though he is just allowed to be a Guerrero, with the charm and the fire.

VIVA LA RAZA!!!

Shaz11
07-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Absolutely great! Big boost for the X-Division!

Tommy Thunder
07-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Of all the ex WWe guys out there, Chavo's one of the best TNA could have picked up.

I'll be keeping an eye on how he does there given I'm a fan. I don't think that he could possibly be miss-used more than he was towards the back end of his WWE run, so I'm curious to see what becomes of him!

wrestlingfan66513
07-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Big gain for TNA. They could use him for the X Division, reform LAX with Hernandez with Hector as the manager,TV title to build it up, a lot of possibilities.

HCollins-TNA1
07-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Finally.....
I think Chavo got what it takes to carry the X division as well as the Mid-card if so they choose....
We can b---h and complain all day how the WWE misused him over the years from the dyed hair to jobbing out to a midget a hundred of more times... But that is the past.... As i said I think he will most likely be X Division maybe TV champion and maybe even World champion come next year???

Sniffsquad
07-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Chavo at best is a tv or tag or x division champ, but if he gets an incredible pop from the crowd him vs Austin Aries would be cool as a tv main event but that's as far as I'll go with chavo. He will feud with Ion for division title and probably win it from him because sore son could be out 3-10 months and I don't c Ion as champ past 3-4 months if that

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Great pickup. He can bring some fire power to the X-Div or even the tag division is they team him up with someone. I don't think they would tell us of his signing and use him in the Deadman's Hand group. Their reveal is supposed to be a surprise.

Cabers
07-19-2012, 01:40 PM
He may be older but he is still better than most of the TNA roster and that fella is a fact.

Sniffsquad
07-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Not at all tna roster is great. I like chavo but he was only over as a team with Eddie. His charisma is ok at best but he isn't better then half of tnas roster

MrVoteLibertarian
07-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Kerwin White....yes.

Playboy Stevie V
07-19-2012, 02:44 PM
I never understood why Chavo wasn't more over than he was. It wasn't just WWE. He was the same way in WCW. He can wrestle with the best of them and he is good/not great on the mic.

This has been one of the mysteries of wrestling I could never figure out.

Bodom
07-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Might have something to do with him having the personality of a wet paper bag.

Or they just liked Eddie better.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Hard to get over when you lose of Hornswoggle. Have him feud with Joey Ryan.

Playboy Stevie V
07-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Might have something to do with him having the personality of a wet paper bag.

Or they just liked Eddie better.

I didn't think his personality was that bad. There's wrestlers way more over than Chavo that have worse personalities.

Lowki
07-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Watch them turn him into a crybaby like WWE did. It will happen!

the_viper
07-19-2012, 03:16 PM
i hope he is used better aswell
his last wee run wasn't great
not sure about him being with aces and 8s
because of them making the announcement instead of him being revealed on a show

Good point sir.

TheGreatOne
07-19-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't like the idea of Chavo coming to TNA. You have no real positive with him joining the company. Marks will be whining because he is jobbing or he will have success such as winning championships and stop growth of young talent.

johnnydropkicks
07-19-2012, 04:20 PM
I may watch TNA now.

I may actually watch TNA now. Just to see Chavo get a title.

eboy
07-19-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't like the idea of Chavo coming to TNA. You have no real positive with him joining the company. Marks will be whining because he is jobbing or he will have success such as winning championships and stop growth of young talent.

I think there is only a problem with WWE guys coming in and stopping growth of young talent, if they stay with the same gimmick and get's pushed to high hell, I can't see that with Chavo, in my view, Zema Ion, Jesse Sorenson, Kenny King ect could only benefit from a feud with a Guerrero.

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Awesome for TNA. I think Chavo won't follow the usual routine - where TNA picks up ex - WWE talent and puts them in the world title scene. Chavo should be used in the X Division, where he could help to fill the void that Aries left when he became world champion. It doesn't matter that hes quite old now, as he can still go better than most (just like Jericho). I can see him becoming X Division champion in a couple of months, and possibly having some one off matches with main eventers like Angle. Hopefully they use Chavo better than the WWE did towards the end of his run.

drumn4life0789
07-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Im actually surprised this took so long to happen. I remember back when he was released that TNA started showing off the Guerrero announcer alot. I was thinking he was jumping as soon as the 90 day was up. I assume he just wanted to take some time off. I think his addition will be great. He can help put over the X division guys. I assume he will have a big backstage roll to as trainer for the younger guys. I mean he is a guerrero for God sakes.

However since this is open fight night. I imagine we get him challenging Devon for the Tv title or Devon coming out and saying something like he wants a real challenger and not the same usual people that he has beaten over and over again. KEY OOOOOOOOHH Chavo

Sahu
07-20-2012, 12:59 AM
SUperb!!! Kudos to TNA for signing in Chavo...he can also bring international fans to TNA...his run in Ring Ka KIng is very gud...In RKK he was introduced as Eddie's nephew n ppl popped for him every time he came in the ring...when ever he showed his finger into sky..a portion of fans did eddie chants....n in few occasions I have seen chavo's eyes wet when eddie chants came in INDIA...

If he can get such pop in India...he surely can get in US...

Infact my first thread here in EWN is AA vs Chavo for X-Div Championship...I thought there is no one worthy enough for AA to lose the title n hence, expected Chavo winning on him...but, they planned better things for AA n now they can use Chavo better tooo..

Let him handle X-Division....ATB to Chavo!!!

Gogs
07-20-2012, 10:59 AM
I never liked him in WWE but he really impressed me in Ring Ka King. I think he should team up with maybe Hernandez (who I think is too sloppy for a good singles run) and help to re-establish a proper tag division. Because at the moment they have Kaz and Daniels and ...

If they put Chavo and Hernandez together, team Doug Williams with Mark Haskins and start having the Robbies in tag matches, that is the beginnings of an OK division.

Dubs
07-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Personally, this signing isn't the biggest signing they have had this year but Chavo is still a great talent to have on you're roster even if he is there to put over the younger wrestlers. Vets like Chavo have somewhat of a value to them like making younger wrestlers look like a million bucks. He can add a lot to the X-Division based on that along with his wrestling ability.

As for Chavo's age being a problem, it really shouldn't be. Hes only 41 and hes still in great shape. If he was over the age of 46, than I would agree but hes not that old to be signed to a TNA deal. As long as he can still put on a splendid performance during his run with TNA, than his age shouldn't matter.

Sahu
07-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Dubs, just after ur post I checked his age...he's really 41...I never thought he's 41...he looks younger than 41 n seems to be in gr8 shape to his age...

Sahu
07-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I never liked him in WWE but he really impressed me in Ring Ka King. I think he should team up with maybe Hernandez (who I think is too sloppy for a good singles run) and help to re-establish a proper tag division. Because at the moment they have Kaz and Daniels and ...

If they put Chavo and Hernandez together, team Doug Williams with Mark Haskins and start having the Robbies in tag matches, that is the beginnings of an OK division.

Good Idea....he n Hernandez can make a newer version of LAX...n Chavo can help Tagteam division as well...

n at some point TNA should give me my dream match of AA vs Chavo at least the main event of Impact Wrestling...I want to see the clash of old school n new school action b/n them...

Sahu
07-20-2012, 12:05 PM
My picks for Chavo in TNA (feuds/Matches):

1. coz my dream match AA Vs Chavo
2. A full fledged feud with Zema Ion for X-Div championship
3. When Destination X nears...I want him to feud with Kaz or Daniels
4. Chavo vs Sonjay Dutt (They both started of lethal lockdown match in RKK..n in 5 minutes they did more moves than an entire RKK episode...I want them to go against each other in TNA in a full fledged match)
5. Chavo Vs Samoan Joe
6. Chavo Vs AJ Styles
7. Chavo Vs Jeff Hardy

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-21-2012, 03:50 PM
My picks for Chavo in TNA (feuds/Matches):

1. coz my dream match AA Vs Chavo
2. A full fledged feud with Zema Ion for X-Div championship
3. When Destination X nears...I want him to feud with Kaz or Daniels
4. Chavo vs Sonjay Dutt (They both started of lethal lockdown match in RKK..n in 5 minutes they did more moves than an entire RKK episode...I want them to go against each other in TNA in a full fledged match)
5. Chavo Vs Samoan Joe
6. Chavo Vs AJ Styles
7. Chavo Vs Jeff Hardy

Add to the list...

Chavo vs. Kenny King (this will help us highlight what King can actually do in the ring. His first outing wasn't impressive. This latest was decent, but not what his potential truly is in that he carried MOST of his matches. Put him against someone that can carry King and you'll see just how well Kenny can shine)

Chavo vs Kurt Angle - Chavo has the wrestling ability. Just like AJ/Kurt are always brilliant matches, this one would follow. They have a good "mesh" of in-ring styles.

Chavo vs. Scorpio Sky/Mason Andrews - I am not sure about this one. I really hope that since they gave Scorpio the go ahead to make it to the finals that they are really considering bringing him into the company. He would be a GREAT add to the division. With Scorpios mix of High Flying and ground work, he and Chavo could rip the roof straight off the Impact Zone and force TNA to get out on the road.

Chavo vs Bobby Roode - I think the psychology alone in this match would be great. Roode talking shit in promo's about the legacy of the Chavo's family. He is a hated heel, but see him talk shit about Chavo's family, especially in a promotion that is mostly supported by those in "Southern" US and "Over-Seas" roots... Roode's Heel stock would be so through the roof, he could never go face again.

As for the idea of the "New LAX", I like the idea, but only if it plays out like this...

Chavo and Hernandez team for a while with Hector as their manager... After getting their first shot at the gold, they lose due to Homicide costing them the match. Homicide keeps attacking and cuts a promo telling them to show up at a PPV (Randomly, I suggest Genesis or Turning Point) and he'll "bring the real latin nation to the doorstep of these posers". Match time, New LAX vs. Old LAX for the name... Yes, I just suggested Konnan and Homicide vs. Chavo and Hernandez :D

Sahu
07-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Add to the list...

Chavo vs. Kenny King (this will help us highlight what King can actually do in the ring. His first outing wasn't impressive. This latest was decent, but not what his potential truly is in that he carried MOST of his matches. Put him against someone that can carry King and you'll see just how well Kenny can shine)

Chavo vs Kurt Angle - Chavo has the wrestling ability. Just like AJ/Kurt are always brilliant matches, this one would follow. They have a good "mesh" of in-ring styles.

Chavo vs. Scorpio Sky/Mason Andrews - I am not sure about this one. I really hope that since they gave Scorpio the go ahead to make it to the finals that they are really considering bringing him into the company. He would be a GREAT add to the division. With Scorpios mix of High Flying and ground work, he and Chavo could rip the roof straight off the Impact Zone and force TNA to get out on the road.

Chavo vs Bobby Roode - I think the psychology alone in this match would be great. Roode talking shit in promo's about the legacy of the Chavo's family. He is a hated heel, but see him talk shit about Chavo's family, especially in a promotion that is mostly supported by those in "Southern" US and "Over-Seas" roots... Roode's Heel stock would be so through the roof, he could never go face again.

As for the idea of the "New LAX", I like the idea, but only if it plays out like this...

Chavo and Hernandez team for a while with Hector as their manager... After getting their first shot at the gold, they lose due to Homicide costing them the match. Homicide keeps attacking and cuts a promo telling them to show up at a PPV (Randomly, I suggest Genesis or Turning Point) and he'll "bring the real latin nation to the doorstep of these posers". Match time, New LAX vs. Old LAX for the name... Yes, I just suggested Konnan and Homicide vs. Chavo and Hernandez

Actually I thought to put Angle n Roode also...but just controlled myself..so that ppl may not feel I'm creaming my pants for Chavo..:D

I liked your pick of Mason because Chavo should put younger talent over...n actually teach them ring psychology..

n in my previous posts I also affirmed a redefined LAX with Hernandez n your suggestion of Hector as their manager is pure gold....

He's actually teaming with Hernandez I suppose..:D