PDA

View Full Version : The return of Barrett

jelle1809
07-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Just to know you guys opinions. (I don't know if there is a thread of this)

When do you think is the perfect time for him to return and how do you want how to return (actions, promo, stable, suprise...)

I think after the thousand episode of Raw and with the reformed original nexus. (including Ryback) With the 'E going all the way with them, not like they ended up being wasted.

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 07:33 AM
I'd just be glad to have him back on Smackdown, even with a simple return. Another Nexus run doesn't seem likely, with the ex - Nexus guys doing their own thing:
*Darren Young - in PTP and possibly contenders for the tagteam titles
*Bryan - involved in huge storylines
*Slater - involved in legend and jobber storyline
*Tarver - fired
*Ryback - has a new gimmick and is being built as an unstoppable monster

I think they'll have Barrett back to feud with Orton and then Sheamus for the WHC, as he was rumored to get a big push before he was injured.

jelle1809
07-19-2012, 07:35 AM
I'd just be glad to have him back on Smackdown, even with a simple return. Another Nexus run doesn't seem likely, with the ex - Nexus guys doing their own thing:
*Darren Young - in PTP and possibly contenders for the tagteam titles
*Bryan - involved in huge storylines
*Slater - involved in legend and jobber storyline
*Tarver - fired
*Ryback - has a new gimmick and is being built as an unstoppable monster

I think they'll have Barrett back to feud with Orton and then Sheamus for the WHC, as he was rumored to get a big push before he was injured.
Fact, but hey: I can just hope, right? :)

El T Draino 316
07-19-2012, 08:25 AM
What is his current health/recovery status?

My top 3 options:
1. Returns at Summerslam and destroys Sheamus post-match. (Ziggler cash-in?!)
2. Returns at Raw 1000 and starts a feud with Sheamus culminating at Summerslam (Del Rio is involved with Rey, Ziggs with Jericho, what heels are in the WHC picture? Miz is floating around I suppose).
3. Returns with a new Euro stable. Regal as manager. Drew McIntyre as apprentice.

SoloGraphix
07-19-2012, 08:34 AM

My top 3 options:
2. Returns at Raw 1000 and starts a feud with Sheamus culminating at Summerslam (Del Rio is involved with Rey, Ziggs with Jericho, what heels are in the WHC picture? Miz is floating around I suppose).
3. Returns with a new Euro stable. Regal as manager. Drew McIntyre as apprentice.

Any idea that takes the belt of Sheamus is OK in my book. zzzzzzzzzzz

bcfccalum
07-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Any idea that takes the belt of Sheamus is OK in my book. zzzzzzzzzzz

yes! this!!

Mikeyboy7777777
07-19-2012, 10:14 AM

My top 3 options:

i like all these ideas they can add antonio cesaro and drew mcintyre to get their feet wet a bit more both are still quite young and just have that hungry look barrett as the main guy just to get them relevant and to get sheamus of the belt barrett needs to have a credible win but a heel one so probably by cheating which makes a heel credible in my book

Kenny Kaos
07-19-2012, 10:17 AM

My top 3 options:

Option number 3 please. Throw in Mason Ryan as the muscle and you have a pretty good stable there

Dr. Death
07-19-2012, 10:19 AM
I would want Barrett to return sometime after RAW 1000 so that his return isn't overshadowed by the appearances of the Rock, or Lesnar, or the return of DX, etc... Not to mention the Cena vs. Punk match for the WWE Title. Other than this I just hope he returns soon.

Asherdelampyr
07-19-2012, 10:31 AM

My top 3 options:

isn't the third one from WWE 12?
still though, would love to see it, especially heel with Sheamus

RampantLion2010
07-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Option number 3 please. Throw in Mason Ryan as the muscle and you have a pretty good stable there

I also like this idea of a "United Kingdom" stable. A Scot, a Welshman, and a Brit. With Regal at the helm (whom I would like to see as the RAW GM), you could truly build a strong and formidable group. But, sadly, the days of stables are all but gone. It's hard for anyone to live up to the legacy left by the Horsemen and DX.

ChosenOne
07-19-2012, 01:07 PM
I also like this idea of a "United Kingdom" stable. A Scot, a Welshman, and a Brit. With Regal at the helm (whom I would like to see as the RAW GM), you could truly build a strong and formidable group. But, sadly, the days of stables are all but gone. It's hard for anyone to live up to the legacy left by the Horsemen and DX.

A Scot, a Welshman and a "Brit?" I think you mean a Scot, a Welshman and an Englishman! They're all Brits!

Anyway, yes I agree this would be a good move. Would allow Ryan & McIntyre to get some much-needed exposure and hopefully get some kind of push, both capable of coming over as formidable if allowed. I suppose you could throw Barrett there too, but he's already relatively established, so no need to involve him.

Cabers
07-19-2012, 01:30 PM
I still think that stable in game is a glimpse of something they may attempt in the future.

Kenny Kaos
07-19-2012, 01:35 PM
I think Legacy and Evolution before hard were two recently decent stables. Not DX or Horsemen standard, but still good

Playboy Stevie V
07-19-2012, 02:52 PM
I think Barrett in a stable is good, but the opinion I have might be booed.

I think Barrett has beaten this stable thing to death. In his short time in the WWE he has been in 2 stables. I wanna see something different. I want Barrett to come back as a face. A rough rugged face. A take shit from no one face.

bearkg88
07-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Here is a thought. Either A) Barrett could come back and destroy Show, since SHow was the one who threw Ziggler out of the battle royal that injured Barrett, or b) Ziggler cashes in, only for Barrett to return, attacking Ziggler costing Dolph the match and having Dolph be the first to lose while cashing in, and then destroy Sheamus, leading to a three way match with Ziggler vs Wade vs Sheamus

Asherdelampyr
07-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Here is a thought. Either A) Barrett could come back and destroy Show, since SHow was the one who threw Ziggler out of the battle royal that injured Barrett, or b) Ziggler cashes in, only for Barrett to return, attacking Ziggler costing Dolph the match and having Dolph be the first to lose while cashing in, and then destroy Sheamus, leading to a three way match with Ziggler vs Wade vs Sheamus

I actually like the second option, because it stirs up the usual cash in formula (RVD and Cena notwithstanding)
we always see the current case-man run down the ramp to cash in on the hurt champ, but we never see some other asshole come up behind him and ruin his cash in!

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 04:56 PM

My top 3 options:

Regal recently had a match on FCW where he was bleeding from the ear from Dean Ambrose kneeing him against an open turnbuckle. They got in 6 refs/officials to clean up the blood, and then Regal got up on one knee and asked Ambrose to finish him off. Ambrose then hit Regal with the knee trembler. I think that will write him off tv for a while.

Show injuring Barrett was just a mistake due to incredibly stupid booking. I doubt they would have them feud. Besides, I think it would be more beneficial if Barrett went after the world title or Sheamus (who's reign has been really boring). Barrett and Sheamus have similar styles of wrestling, and work well together in the ring. He could really make Sheamus not look like the super he is.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-19-2012, 05:16 PM
I can't see Barrett coming back at Raw 1,000, unless it's to interfere in the Main Event or something to do with the WHC. With all the rumours being of him receiving the huge push they were planning for him before his injury, his return could get devalued with the all the things going for this episode.

Either way, I just can't wait for his return.

bearkg88
07-19-2012, 05:30 PM
I can't see Barrett coming back at Raw 1,000, unless it's to interfere in the Main Event or something to do with the WHC. With all the rumours being of him receiving the huge push they were planning for him before his injury, his return could get devalued with the all the things going for this episode.

Either way, I just can't wait for his return.

Wait...i thought we got his return when Mojo Taurus died of old age or something...:D

Wade Barrett 1979
07-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Wait...i thought we got his return when Mojo Taurus died of old age or something...:D

He was buried alive actually! :p

K2Jelly
07-19-2012, 05:35 PM
You guys miss WB 1979 that much? :/

He comes on at least once a day. He's not going anywhere. :p

Wade Barrett 1979
07-19-2012, 05:39 PM
You guys miss WB 1979 that much? :/

He comes on at least once a day. He's not going anywhere. :p

I'm loved, what can I say!

:D