PDA

View Full Version : Health Slater the next chapter.

URATOOL
07-19-2012, 05:17 AM
Heath has had a strange privilege over the last couple of months. He has jobbed his nuts off and lost to almost everyone who stepped into the ring with him, but is getting huge amounts of TV/promo time compared with most of the roster.

So what next? I can't believe they'll just drop him of TV again once the legends dry up after the 1,000th show. Or will they?

I also wonder if they'll let every legend beat him up some more on the 1,000th show?

Tommy Thunder
07-19-2012, 05:35 AM
So what next? I can't believe they'll just drop him of TV again once the legends dry up after the 1,000th show. Or will they?

I think you just answered your own question there. Regretfully, that's what I think will happen anyway.

URATOOL
07-19-2012, 05:37 AM
I think you just answered your own question there. Regretfully, that's what I think will happen anyway.

I want to see him back in a tag team. But with who?

jelle1809
07-19-2012, 05:49 AM
I think with the thousand episode Christian will defend his IC title against him in a legend lumberjack match. With Slater winning and all of the legends coming in the ring to congratulate him. ;-)

And after that, he's going to hold the strap for a long decent run. Based on the nows of Triple H.

Incubus_99
07-19-2012, 05:51 AM

I'm not sure where the hell Trent Baretta is but I wouldn't mind seeing these two forming a tag team.

Initially I didn't like this guy when i saw him on Nxt...I mean c'mon he was the walking definition of the term 'JOBBER'...well with his look anyways...but ever since he was in Nexus I've liked his work...I hope they start using him at least in the mid card division...

URATOOL
07-19-2012, 05:55 AM
I'm not sure where the hell Trent Baretta is but I wouldn't mind seeing these two forming a tag team.

Initially I didn't like this guy when i saw him on Nxt...I mean c'mon he was the walking definition of the term 'JOBBER'...well with his look anyways...but ever since he was in Nexus I've liked his work...I hope they start using him at least in the mid card division...

He's co writing a new self help book with Mason Ryan "What to do when you get fired".

Tommy Thunder
07-19-2012, 06:01 AM

I know that Slater's proven to be good on the mic in recent weeks, but I'd like to see him managed by 'Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart. Given that he's a musician too I think he'd fit well with Slater's 'One man Band' gimmick.

I'm struggling to think who would be a good partner for him in a team though! I'll get back to you on that after I have a think!

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Why not have him win the US title? Santino has been champion for 135 days and has had a lackluster reign. At least when Slater was a champion (tagteam champion with Gabriel), he was remotely exciting. Hes become interesting again, and could make the US title picture more relevant, as Santino does it no favors by looking like a joke (even when hes in high profile matches such as EC, MITB) and being involved in comedy segments all the time.

jelle1809
07-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Why not have him win the US title? Santino has been champion for 135 days and has had a lackluster reign. At least when Slater was a champion (tagteam champion with Gabriel), he was remotely exciting. Hes become interesting again, and could make the US title picture more relevant, as Santino does it no favors by looking like a joke (even when hes in high profile matches such as EC, MITB) and being involved in comedy segments all the time.
Good possibility. Although I would rather have the solution I had.

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Good possibility. Although I would rather have the solution I had.

Your idea sounds good. I'd actually enjoy watching it. Hard to see Slater turning face so early in his push though.

jelle1809
07-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Your idea sounds good. I'd actually enjoy watching it. Hard to see Slater turning face so early in his push though.
Nobody ever said anything of a face push ;)

SoloGraphix
07-19-2012, 08:36 AM
It was reported at some point, knowing this site, it was reported repeatedly, that there would be a big payoff for Slater. As annoying as I find him and as hate-able as he is, it means he is doing his job and I can deal with a nice little Slater push.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-19-2012, 08:43 AM
His new shirt came out!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/551/610/WRE140_display_image.jpg?1291768477

BadAndy
07-19-2012, 09:42 AM
What's next for him? Hopefully future endeavors. I still don't get what people see in him. He might be good at jobbing but that doesn't mean he's good at the other side of wrestling.

Kenny Kaos
07-19-2012, 09:48 AM
I can't believe I'm actually warming to him through all of this

Suhayl
07-19-2012, 09:49 AM
What's next for him? Hopefully future endeavors. I still don't get what people see in him. He might be good at jobbing but that doesn't mean he's good at the other side of wrestling.

Watch his matches with Justin Gabriel, for example this on the latest NXT episode. He is awesome wrestler. He just needs a chance to showcase his skills.

K2Jelly
07-19-2012, 10:43 AM
A little while ago, I made a thread about Santino Marella around the beginning of the new year. He was getting a lot of attention; he had his own promo showcasing his near victory at the Royal Rumble, he was the final competitor to be eliminated in the SD Elimination Chamber and he got lots of airtime on SD as T-Lo's assistant. Lo and behold, he became the United States Champion.

I have no doubt that Heath Slater's going to get a push after the Legends angle is over with.

HCollins-TNA1
07-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Slater seem to be the modern day version of the 123 Kid jobbing out.... I'm sure he will eventually win.... Maybe as someone said the US title..

Cabers
07-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I also wonder if they'll let every legend beat him up some more on the 1,000th show?

That or he will actually beat a legend on the show.

Playboy Stevie V
07-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Slater is fine. Don't mistake his jobbing to legends as him being buried. He's getting TV time, big time. He even got TV time on WM. He's gonna be fine and most likely sometimes next year win a mid card title.

bearkg88
07-19-2012, 03:27 PM

So i read Tools post, and this ^^^^^ was the first thing I thought of...you know...until I saw ur post TBO :D Granted Slater isn't anything amazing in the ring, he is a decent heel, and i think would be a good transitional champ if they wanted to put it on a diff face

Lewigie
07-19-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't know what it is but I love the Heath Slater character !!! I've been a hater on him for ages and always favoured Gabriel but after seeing him get some promos and TV time I'm praying that he gets a push. This guy had better get a US Championship shot and maybe could get a mid card reputation like Road Dogg, Christian. He needs to keep this mini push going.

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Nobody ever said anything of a face push ;)

So you're suggesting that he just get respect from the legends after winning the US title on the 1000th Raw? That's hard to believe, but it would be awesome if they did that.

So i read Tools post, and this ^^^^^ was the first thing I thought of...you know...until I saw ur post TBO :D Granted Slater isn't anything amazing in the ring, he is a decent heel, and i think would be a good transitional champ if they wanted to put it on a diff face

For sure. It's better than having a long yet awful Santino US title reign! He honestly brings nothing to the title, and it isn't even highlighted during the shows/PPVs. It wouldn't make a difference if he continued his comedy gimmick without the title. Plus Slater seems to be a bit over with the fans now, so it would be a great opportunity to capitalize on it, like they did with Bryan.

Robstar
07-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I know a lot of people will disagree, but better to have a dodgy gimmick and be on tv than not on tv at all. Look at AJ. I equate both Slater's and AJ's angles to have about as much longevity. I mean, there's only so far you can run with that stuff.

johnnydropkicks
07-19-2012, 07:10 PM
baaaaaa -aaa-aaa -aaa-aaaaand.

hold my haaaaaa -aaaa-aaaa -aaaa-aaaaand.

Lewigie
07-20-2012, 03:46 AM
baaaaaa -aaa-aaa -aaa-aaaaand.

hold my haaaaaa -aaaa-aaaa -aaaa-aaaaand.

Brilliant !!!

johnnydropkicks
07-20-2012, 09:01 AM
baybay!

right now I just can't take slater seriously at all. I think gimmick changes are necessary if he's gonna be anything besides a santino even if they want him to be a relevant heel.

G.G.G.
07-20-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm a Heath Slater fan I think he's very good in the ring, the mic work needs a little improvement but I think he should be put somewhere in the US or IC title picture I think a good feud with Christian could give some seriousness to his character after jobbing to all the legends

SilverGhost
07-20-2012, 03:55 PM
World's Greatest Jobber to Decent Midcarder. Good transition!

Pumpkinhead
07-20-2012, 06:55 PM
He'll get a US title reign at best

The Brown One
07-20-2012, 07:41 PM
It seems this will be the next chapter in Slater's career:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/7558/wwe-legend-reveals-a-major-1-000th-raw-spoiler