PDA

View Full Version : Analyzing a match

Kaisered
07-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Many times when I read the spoilers for the Smackdown or Superstars I see that people complain about Wrestler A beating Wrestler B just because W B is expected to win the match. For example looking at an event and seeing that the result is that Santino defeated Cody Rhodes. Now I know many of you will be pissed off about a result like this since santino is not a character that is taken as seriously as Cody.

Many times while watching Raw we complain about the quality of the matches and how the fans are silenced due to the lack of excitement created by the match much like a jtg vs trent barreta match.

We know that we (IWC) dislike more things about the E that we currently like. I think the main reason for that is that the way matches are booked are not exciting us to stay watching. We are unable to watch it without complaining of how certain superstars are booked in certain matches. But we do appreciate how Swagger was booked against Ryback although he still got squashed.

(I hope this ^ doesn't come as confusing but if it does ask me and I'll try to clear it out a little more if I can)

So. . . If you were in charge of booking Raw how would you book a match so that it will entertain you and possibly everyone else.

The match can only be a simple one fall match without stipulations.

You can select any of these:

Main eventer (w) vs mid carder (l)

Jobber (w) vs mid carder or higher (l)

Main eventer vs main eventer

Mid carder vs mid carder

How would you book the match without burying the talent that lost the match?

How can you book the match so that it lasts no more than 6 minutes?

How would you book the match so that both talents showcase their best moves and the match still have fluidity?

I think I wouldn't be able to book a match so how about you???

rodrik
07-19-2012, 01:17 AM
The match can only be a simple one fall match without stipulations.

You can select any of these:

Main eventer (w) vs mid carder (l)

Jobber (w) vs mid carder or higher (l)

Main eventer vs main eventer

Mid carder vs mid carder

How would you book the match without burying the talent that lost the match?

How can you book the match so that it lasts no more than 6 minutes?

How would you book the match so that both talents showcase their best moves and the match still have fluidity?

I think I wouldn't be able to book a match so how about you???

I would choose mid vs mid, main vs main or a rising mid vs main

the referee screws the match for example:

wrestler A hits finisher on wrestler B and the referee counts slow so that wrestler B can kick out.

while wrestler A is busy arguing with the referee, wrestler B recovers, and when wrestler A ends his discussion with the ref wrestler B hits his finisher on wrestler A, the referee counts really fast so that wrestler A can't kick out.

good enough?

Kaisered
07-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Well how about the whole match?
You are just giving me the ending for it!!

jordan1995
07-19-2012, 01:46 AM
Wrestler A works over B the whole match only for wrestler B to get a roll up !

Or wrestler A keeps going for his finisher the whole match , but Wrestler B keeps reversing it , commentators put over the fact he cannot hit it against this superstar ! , A wins with a roll up holding the tights but , commentators put over he had to cheat to win.

I kn ow this doesn't have them showcasing the best moves but it still makes the winner look good and the loser look good because he got cheated and was on top the whole match

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 01:58 AM
You can't really have all matches follow a particular formula. Like with how tagteam matches are different from any other match. I'd like to see variation in how matches are won by main eventers though - instead of Cena winning out of nowhere, or Sheamus being beat down for ages and winning with the Brogue Kick. Matches involving main eventers should have endings that are somewhat shocking to fans - like Orton's RKO out of nowhere, or how Punk can win matches without using finishers, by hitting the kick to the head, the elbow drop, or even the suplex through a table that we saw at MITB.

rodrik
07-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Well how about the whole match?
You are just giving me the ending for it!!

"how about whole match?" would have been enoug u know

Kaisered
07-19-2012, 02:11 AM
You can't really have all matches follow a particular formula. Like with how tagteam matches are different from any other match. I'd like to see variation in how matches are won by main eventers though - instead of Cena winning out of nowhere, or Sheamus being beat down for ages and winning with the Brogue Kick. Matches involving main eventers should have endings that are somewhat shocking to fans - like Orton's RKO out of nowhere, or how Punk can win matches without using finishers, by hitting the kick to the head, the elbow drop, or even the suplex through a table that we saw at MITB.

What I'm saying is not the finish of the match only I'm saying how would you book a match from beginning to end not only the end of it. This w/o burying any talent and entertaining the fans.

supergoing
07-19-2012, 03:46 AM
Wrestler A and Wrestler B exchange chops to an hour draw, while Matt Striker makes obscure puroresu references and Booker T furiously makes up facts about Wrestler B's childhood - *****, everybody wins.