PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think'll turn Heel/Face in the remainder of 2012?

Callum
07-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Usually we have at least one big turn per year but this year we haven't seen any big turns thus far.

Jericho and Bryan are both slowly turning face which means Wwe will need another big heel to fill the void left.

I can see any of these people turning heel:
Cm Punk
Kofi Kingston
Randy Orton
AJ

Personally I think Santino should turn into a serious heel, if it were to happen I guarantee he'd get a massive reaction.

I'd also like to see a Little Jimmy heel turn, I think he could have some really good matches with Kofi and/or Truth.
He could be Wwe's Yoshihiko lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybFjynJvfzY

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Kofi Kingston would make the worst heel in my opinion. Maybe if he kept his Jamaican accent he would be believable but he just looks too nice of a guy.

The Miz is going to be a 'tweener.'
Jericho is turn face is seems after the Dolph thing
I would like to see Ryback and Brodus turn heel but that maybe a long shot.

Playboy Stevie V
07-18-2012, 04:47 PM
If I had to make a predictable guess it would be Punk cause he's getting yapped at about him still being 2nd to Cena. And I'd go with Orton, cause there really isn't that much for him to do right now against a heel.

Who I would want to turn is a different story.

Wish list

Heel turn
Cena-But that won't happen until his kid fans hit teen years.

Face turn
Wade Barrett- Build him up like Sheamus and have them face each other in their stomping grounds. It's draw big.
Dolph- I want to see if he could pull it off.
Miz- I think he could be pretty popular if he turned face.
Cody- Let's see if he could take Orton's spot

There's prob more that's slipping my mind right now, but here a good start.

Tommy Thunder
07-18-2012, 05:06 PM
I think it's a sure thing that we're seeing Jericho turning face for his feud with Ziggler. He's over as a face anyway (even when he's a heel) so it makes sense, plus another top face is greatly needed since Orton's still out, and Sheamus isn't as over as they'd like perhaps, and they're still unsure about Punk (even though he gets huge pops).

I think Punk will turn heel. He plays an excellent heel, and I think with the constant nagging of Cena still being considered > to him, it's a slow burning thing that's currently on the go. Plus, if they're working on having SCSA vs Punk, then they'll need Punk to be heel for that.

I hope that Orton turns heel upon returning. He's much better as a heel for me, I despise him as a face, he's so boring. As a heel, he's much more interesting and appealing to me.

I'd like to see Miz work as a face. It seems that he's somewhat of a tweener upon returning, given the pop he got upon his return at MITB and some other signs I noticed.I'm happy with him either way, as long as they use him correctly, and not like they used him before his hiatus when he went filming.

I think it's in WWE's best interest to turn Bryan face. The support he's had from fans since WM is unbelieveable. I'm surprised that WWE haven't cashed in on it. Perhaps they felt it was too soon after he turned heel already. They could do it during the 2nd half of 2012 no doubt though.

R-Truth needs to turn heel again. His crazy lunatic gimmick doesn't come off half s good as a face. He was a legit main eventer for me as a heel. As a face, he's barely a credible mid carder with that gimmick. I prefer happy dancing rapper R-Truth to the face little Jimmy gimmick.

Robstar
07-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Ryback needs to be a heel since his charisma bar is on zero.

I'd like Rey to have a decent heel run. Do the "I'm sick of being picked on" angle.

I think Lesnar will turn....around and go back to his farm and shoot some deer and shit.

K2Jelly
07-18-2012, 05:11 PM

I'd like Rey to have a decent heel run. Do the "I'm sick of being picked on" angle.

I think Lesnar will turn....around and go back to his farm and shoot some deer and shit.

Well, if Ryback's charisma is lacking, I don't think turning him will make a difference. As a face, he unmercifully beats the shit out of his opponents. That's his prime method of getting him over. In fact, it's the only one method he has at the moment. As a heel, he'd do the exact same thing.

Playboy Stevie V
07-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Tommy Thunder-R-Truth needs to turn heel again. His crazy lunatic gimmick doesn't come off half s good as a face. He was a legit main eventer for me as a heel. As a face, he's barely a credible mid carder with that gimmick. I prefer happy dancing rapper R-Truth to the face little Jimmy gimmick.

^^^Truth totally needs to go back as being a heel. Heel Truth = Main events, unpredictable promos and interesting storylines. Face Truth= Tag team title, boring promos and Jobbing out so hard to Tensai.

Robstar
07-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Well, if Ryback's charisma is lacking, I don't think turning him will make a difference. As a face, he unmercifully beats the shit out of his opponents. That's his prime method of getting him over. In fact, it's the only one method he has at the moment. As a heel, he'd do the exact same thing.

Yes but you expect heels to beat people up mercilessly. But not only is he a good guy who kicks the shit out of people, he's currently a faceless good guy. A bit of promo work would help. Shouting the same thing in the ring over and over will only work for a while. He's going to need something after that gets old. How long do you keep the streak and where do you go after?

Playboy Stevie V
07-18-2012, 05:19 PM

I always thought that turning Rey would be a mistake. That they would turn him back face quick, because he's one of those few wrestlers who just can't work as a heel IMO. He's small so he's already the underdog. I think it would be easier to turn Cena than Rey. Cena can do heel. Rey to me would be like Sting was in TNA when they tried to turn him heel in the MEM. It just was unnatural and he couldn't do it. No one was feeling it IMO.

And Ryback to me is just too soon to tell WTF is going to happen to him. He's always one more injury away from being forgotten or injuring someone like Orton and being FE. I just don't know yet.

Tommy Thunder
07-18-2012, 05:24 PM
And Ryback to me is just too soon to tell WTF is going to happen to him. He's always one more injury away from being forgotten or injuring someone like Orton and being FE. I just don't know yet.

On the bolded, I've noticed that since he's moved to working with actual wrestlers from the WWE roster (particularly Reks, Hawkins and Swagger) he's not working as stiff as he was with the local talents he's been squashing. I think he was working stiff with the local talent just as a way to further get over. I expect that they'll tell him to take more care and work smoother now that he's working with actual WWE contracted stars.

I also think he's doing fine as a face. The Goldberg chants are slowly but surely dying out, and the fans really do get into him and chant "feed me more" etc with him when he prompts them to do so.

Playboy Stevie V
07-18-2012, 05:29 PM
On the bolded, I've noticed that since he's moved to working with actual wrestlers from the WWE roster (particularly Reks, Hawkins and Swagger) he's not working as stiff as he was with the local talents he's been squashing. I think he was working stiff with the local talent just as a way to further get over. I expect that they'll tell him to take more care and work smoother now that he's working with actual WWE contracted stars.

I also think he's doing fine as a face. The Goldberg chants are slowly but surely dying out, and the fans really do get into him and chant "feed me more" etc with him when he prompts them to do so.

I know and I deliberately put Orton as the one being injured because of the Ken Anderson alleged situation. He's also injury prone, from what I hear. I could be wrong and I can't remember where I've heard that.

Again though, I hope he has a long excitement filled career, don't get me wrong. I just think its too soon to make any changes to Ryback right now.

Tommy Thunder
07-18-2012, 05:34 PM
I know and I deliberately put Orton as the one being injured because of the Ken Anderson alleged situation. He's also injury prone, from what I hear. I could be wrong and I can't remember where I've heard that.

Again though, I hope he has a long excitement filled career, don't get me wrong. I just think its too soon to make any changes to Ryback right now.

Yeah Orton's got some weird problem with his shoulders from what I heard.

I agree. Leave him as he is for now, see how he grows over the next 6 months.

aweso_me
07-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Hopefully Evan Bourne comes back heel and bring a tag partner to go up against Kofi and R-Truth. It seems like there really aren't any stories that would back up a heel turn on anybody. Face turns are more easier to develop when the wrestler gets respect from the fans. Y2J is respected and the Miz is respected for his work ethic although the got a little bit lazy recently.

On a side note on those who can't be heel like Rey, I would put RVD. He was cheered way back during the invasion angle and they were supposed to be heels.

Woo Woo Woo. Tu Lo Sabes.

Kenny Kaos
07-18-2012, 06:07 PM
HEEL

Christian (cocky, Edge and Christian style)
Sheamus (getting stale as a face)
R-Truth (see above)
CM Punk (loses to Cena and snaps)
Orton (don't care about him tbh)

FACE

Ziggler (getting pops already)
Jericho (see above)
Bryan (he's virtually there now)
Miz (he's AWESOME)
Ricardo Rodreigez (feuding with ADR...it WILL happen)

Playboy Stevie V
07-18-2012, 06:11 PM
I got one more for you guys that just couldnt be a heel. Ricky Steamboat....there's not a lot out there.

evilash
07-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I think CM Punk will turn Heel sooner that all of us think. On the roster right now, Punk has done a program with the vast majority. And since Vince and WWE creative are planning yet another shocking summer storyline (like Nexus in 2010 and Punk's shoot and leaving with the WWE Title last year) will be CM Punk turning heel on Monday Night Raw 1000th, possibly LOSING the WWE Championship Title. Personally, I hope not! I'm counting on Punk moving on to the returning Wade Barrett or Cody Rhodes as new feuds! But just to paint a scenario - it would make sense. Punk could become angry that the year before he was the talk of WWE and the next big thing. One year later, even as WWE Champion, the WWE is still all about John Cena. Cena main eventing all these PPV's could have been planned as to turn the wheel of Punk's change into a Heel character again. Plus, with The Rock looking to recapture the WWE Championship, wouldn't a face Rock versus Heel CM Punk make for a very interesting rivalry? We all know that Punk's character dislikes The Rock, as we have seen from Punk's feud last year with John Cena - before Cena's build up to the match with The Rock at this year's Wrestlemania. Perhaps a CM Punk versus John Cena versus The Rock triple-threat could take place? That would be HUGE! The biggest Triple-Threat WWE Title Match in WWE History! BOOM!

PrimusSucks
07-18-2012, 06:28 PM
On the subject of Kofi, and seeing Cena mentioned in this thread, it reminded me that we haven't seen a fued, let alone a match involving those two going one on one before, there was a little tease during the 2011 Royal Rumble and nothing really happened with it. I think they could have a great match.

Back to the subject at hand.

Face turn
Miz - I just see it working, he has catchphrases, the look, everyone knows his signature moves, and he can cut a bad ass promo.

WeDominate99
07-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Doesn't Big Show count?

John Cena will turn heel, they will let Punk win this fued again and then make Punk the face of the company also they are building up Sheamus as the face, it works for me. And they problably going to turn Daniel Bryan face cause they sell a lot of his merchandise.

Orton should turn heel people really hate him unless Daniel Bryan who get cheers when he makes his entrance or Miz at MITB.

Just a question. Why are all the champions in the WWE good guys ?

Pumpkinhead
07-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Jericho face turn is guaranteed it seems, Bryan is getting more and more over so so he will turn face soon

I really don't see Punk turning heel because he having a feud we have seen it before, I think an Orton heel turn is most likely, Jack Swagger need to go face, they are wasting their talent

PandaMassacre
07-18-2012, 07:14 PM
I know this would be insignificant to what everyone else above me has said, but I am really pushing for a Jerry Lawler heel turn. Michael is too much of an amateur with the heel role.

IrkenInvader
07-18-2012, 07:18 PM
I know this would be insignificant to what everyone else above me has said, but I am really pushing for a Jerry Lawler heel turn. Michael is too much of an amateur with the heel role.

The problem with heel announcers is that the crowd doesn't respond to what they say 90% of the time. So they need someone with the in ring experience to know what angers the fans. That is why Jerry is 10x the heel Cole could ever be.

PandaMassacre
07-18-2012, 07:28 PM
The problem with heel announcers is that the crowd doesn't respond to what they say 90% of the time. So they need someone with the in ring experience to know what angers the fans. That is why Jerry is 10x the heel Cole could ever be.

Cole has visualization memory. He picked up a few things during his time in numerous announcing positions. But Lawler always had that weird thing about him that made me cringe when he started getting all heely with Jim Ross, and I always found myself rooting for Ross and hoping for Ross to have a rebuttal to Lawler's assery. I do not get that with Cole and Lawler.

PrimusSucks
07-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Lawler is a better heel than just about any wrestler ever, the guy just knows how to make people hate him, which is why it kills me to see Cole being the heel.

bearkg88
07-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Realistically turning

Jericho to maybe face or tweener
Ziggler to possible face
Maybe R Truth or Kofi to heel

Wishful turn

Orton to heel
Punk to heel
Cody Rhodes to face

PandaMassacre
07-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Lawler is a better heel than just about any wrestler ever, the guy just knows how to make people hate him, which is why it kills me to see Cole being the heel.

If I was the casual fan I would have shot that down, but I have seen some of his much earlier work. He is definitely the King of trash talking. Hands down.

The Brown One
07-18-2012, 08:36 PM
I think it's a sure thing that we're seeing Jericho turning face for his feud with Ziggler. He's over as a face anyway (even when he's a heel) so it makes sense, plus another top face is greatly needed since Orton's still out, and Sheamus isn't as over as they'd like perhaps, and they're still unsure about Punk (even though he gets huge pops).

I think Punk will turn heel. He plays an excellent heel, and I think with the constant nagging of Cena still being considered > to him, it's a slow burning thing that's currently on the go. Plus, if they're working on having SCSA vs Punk, then they'll need Punk to be heel for that.

I hope that Orton turns heel upon returning. He's much better as a heel for me, I despise him as a face, he's so boring. As a heel, he's much more interesting and appealing to me.

I'd like to see Miz work as a face. It seems that he's somewhat of a tweener upon returning, given the pop he got upon his return at MITB and some other signs I noticed.I'm happy with him either way, as long as they use him correctly, and not like they used him before his hiatus when he went filming.

I think it's in WWE's best interest to turn Bryan face. The support he's had from fans since WM is unbelieveable. I'm surprised that WWE haven't cashed in on it. Perhaps they felt it was too soon after he turned heel already. They could do it during the 2nd half of 2012 no doubt though.

R-Truth needs to turn heel again. His crazy lunatic gimmick doesn't come off half s good as a face. He was a legit main eventer for me as a heel. As a face, he's barely a credible mid carder with that gimmick. I prefer happy dancing rapper R-Truth to the face little Jimmy gimmick.

I don't want The Miz to turn face. While it would be interesting to see, they'll water him down and make him suck up to the fans. I'd rather have him be a tweener.

Truth would be awesome again as a heel/tweener. Maybe don't put him the main event, as it is currently full, but he can surely make the midcard or tagteam division more interesting. Right now as a face he doesn't cut promos anymore, and does the same thing every week - where he looks around for "Little Jimmy" before he gets to the ring. When he was a heel, he was the most entertaining guy on the roster. That's what I want to see again.

Bryan turning face would be even worse than The Miz turning face. They would probably make him look like the underdog, and have him pander to the crowd too much.

Realistically turning

Jericho to maybe face or tweener
Ziggler to possible face
Maybe R Truth or Kofi to heel

Wishful turn

Orton to heel
Punk to heel
Cody Rhodes to face

I'd say there's a good chance of Punk turning heel for Summerslam. Or at least tweener. It's been a year of him as a tweener/face, and this could make his feud with Cena better.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I fear that the WWE is going face happy. If Jericho turns, you basically only have Show, ADR, Cody, and Tensai as true, serious heels. Everyone else is more or less in between when it comes to the mid-upper card.

Playboy Stevie V
07-18-2012, 08:45 PM

Coming from a old schooler like me, amen brotha! Best heel ever! Still remember he and the Harts feud. Some classic moments as Bret is wrestling the king is on the mic in the crowd talking shit to Stu. And the king beating the shit out of people while commentating on the Mic. Also remember the king beating up tiny tim for calling him dairy queen on the kings talk show.

For those of you that missed it, he was at one time GOLD.

G.G.G.
07-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Face Turns:

Dolph Ziggler- crowd now starts to get behind him, and with Del Rio bound to get the title he will be the face in that rivalry
Daniel Bryan- The YES Gimmick will be bound to be used in a Face setting so WWE can gain
Chris Jericho- They promote his music a ton now, I think they turn him

Heel Turns:

Randy Orton- Plain and simple he wants to be and is better as a heel
Evan Bourne- They need to spice up the mid card, when he returns with both face mid card champs right now, I think they experiment
Alex Riley- His face gimmick fell flat, and he has the talent to be useful

dashkatae
07-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Yes but you expect heels to beat people up mercilessly. But not only is he a good guy who kicks the shit out of people, he's currently a faceless good guy. A bit of promo work would help. Shouting the same thing in the ring over and over will only work for a while. He's going to need something after that gets old. How long do you keep the streak and where do you go after?

I think Ryback as a heel could work out well. You could even have him team up with Big Show and become some kind of unstoppable tag team.

scribbler_jones
07-19-2012, 12:08 AM
Usually we have at least one big turn per year but this year we haven't seen any big turns thus far.

Jericho and Bryan are both slowly turning face which means Wwe will need another big heel to fill the void left.

I can see any of these people turning heel:
Cm Punk
Kofi Kingston
Randy Orton
AJ

Personally I think Santino should turn into a serious heel, if it were to happen I guarantee he'd get a massive reaction.

I'd also like to see a Little Jimmy heel turn, I think he could have some really good matches with Kofi and/or Truth.
He could be Wwe's Yoshihiko lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybFjynJvfzY

Okay, I just now got to start reading this thread... and just had to post a response to the Yoshihiku video:

NINJA WHAT?

scribbler_jones
07-19-2012, 12:16 AM
HEEL

Christian (cocky, Edge and Christian style)
Sheamus (getting stale as a face)
R-Truth (see above)
CM Punk (loses to Cena and snaps)
Orton (don't care about him tbh)

FACE

Ziggler (getting pops already)
Jericho (see above)
Bryan (he's virtually there now)
Miz (he's AWESOME)
Ricardo Rodreigez (feuding with ADR...it WILL happen)

HELL F'N YEAH!

... Got a little carried away there...

Heavy
07-19-2012, 01:08 AM
I think if anything, the WWE should turn Cody and Dolph face because both of them have what it takes to be the next John Cena I'd say. Besides if you turn them face you can bring up some of the many other heels to fued with them and build them both up. I mean WWE usually turns 90% of the new talent into heels anyway, might as well put them all to use

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 01:54 AM
I think if anything, the WWE should turn Cody and Dolph face because both of them have what it takes to be the next John Cena I'd say. Besides if you turn them face you can bring up some of the many other heels to fued with them and build them both up. I mean WWE usually turns 90% of the new talent into heels anyway, might as well put them all to use

Dude, all the champions are faces right now. I think we could use a few more heels.

Heavy
07-19-2012, 02:12 AM
There are so many heels that they don't use already though, look at the rosters and see how many heels just get tossed around and squashed, but don't get me wrong having heels as champions would be good to have for a while

Mikeyboy7777777
07-19-2012, 02:41 AM
i wouldn't mind r-truth becoming heel ala barry windham by using his finisher on kofi kingston in a tag title match then join the primetime players as the face of that group AW could totally play in that crazy heel esque thing and comedic effects with darren young and titus o'neill as the serious guys maybe add another person to the group ala owen hart to nation of domination it'd not be rehashing old storylines i'd be something fresh

bcfccalum
07-19-2012, 03:02 AM
truth needs to turn heel. much more entertaining when he referred to john cena fans as 'little jimmy' rather that LJ being his little imaginary friend.
Orton needs to turn heel. boring as a face
Hoping punk turns heel, loved his work v jeff hardy and in his SES days

really hoping miz, dolph, jericho and bryan dont turn face but the latter looks inevitable.

The Brown One
07-19-2012, 06:58 AM
There are so many heels that they don't use already though, look at the rosters and see how many heels just get tossed around and squashed, but don't get me wrong having heels as champions would be good to have for a while

*ADR - contender for the WHC. Takes out Sheamus from time to time
*Ziggler - MITB winner, but still taken out once in a while
*Rhodes - not focused on
*The Miz - making his way up to the main event, rumored to get a big push later this year
*Big Show - taking out faces left and right
*Daniel Bryan - wins half his matches. Gets a huge reaction from the crowd
*Sandow - gets a good reaction from a crowd
*PTP - gets a decent crowd reaction, but are still green

Some of these guys do need to have the spotlight on them more.

Cabers
07-19-2012, 01:16 PM
I think Kofi Kingston could possibly be the most unbelievable heel ever.

steveorton
07-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Jericho turns Face