PDA

View Full Version : Why Randy might just stay away.

URATOOL
07-18-2012, 12:03 AM
He has no real reason to return. He has nothing to achieve in the ring. He is staring a 3rd Wellness violation in the face if he doesn't get his act together. The E clearly want to put him in movies, so why not keep him out of the ring for a year or so. Let Punk take his number 2 role on full time.

The recent RAW legends returns have shown us how the crowd loves a return. So maybe it's time for Orton to take a year or two away from the ring. He's young enough to come back and still have a multi year run further down the line.

Playboy Stevie V
07-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Its possible, but if i was the E at this current time with tna coming up imo, I wouldn't want to risk Orton jumping ship with a lighter schedule and hardley no traveling to be the secret leader of those mystery men jumping sting and hulk. That might be all they need to get some main stream attention imo.

Id keep all those WWE draws under contract right now.

Cause you know Orton could spark with Hardy and not get suspended....zing!

Great One
07-18-2012, 12:26 AM
He has no real reason to return. He has nothing to achieve in the ring. He is staring a 3rd Wellness violation in the face if he doesn't get his act together. The E clearly want to put him in movies, so why not keep him out of the ring for a year or so. Let Punk take his number 2 role on full time.

The recent RAW legends returns have shown us how the crowd loves a return. So maybe it's time for Orton to take a year or two away from the ring. He's young enough to come back and still have a multi year run further down the line.

I already thought CM Punk took his spot at number 2 lol

scribbler_jones
07-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Its possible, but if i was the E at this current time with tna coming up imo, I wouldn't want to risk Orton jumping ship with a lighter schedule and hardley no traveling to be the secret leader of those mystery men jumping sting and hulk. That might be all they need to get some main stream attention imo.

The bold part = HFN lol

But seriously, I see your point @ uratool... it's difficult to see exactly where Randy would fit in. WWE has plenty of face star power in Punk, Cena (choke), and a few others. The main event scene seems spoken for, and everyone just looks booked as far as storylines go. As far fetched as it is, I think a good idea to get him involved is to have him feud with Ryback. Here's my logic: Ryback is the up-and-coming unstoppable force set to run roughshod through WWE - and of course a certain Apex Predator would not take kindly to someone trying to usurp his position. As popular as Orton is, he could really help put Ryback over as a real beast, not just someone who gets fed jobbers to look powerful. Other than that, I don't have anything...

Dennis
07-18-2012, 12:29 AM
randy orton is way to valuable to sit out for a couple of years.. he can be a top face or heel.. how many other superstars can do that?

URATOOL
07-18-2012, 12:41 AM

He would remain under contract. He has a 10 year one that he's at the start of. But I'm sure they could negotiate for a year or two of it being spent making WWE movies.

I already thought CM Punk took his spot at number 2 lol

He is caretaking it.

The bold part = HFN lol

But seriously, I see your point @ uratool... it's difficult to see exactly where Randy would fit in. WWE has plenty of face star power in Punk, Cena (choke), and a few others. The main event scene seems spoken for, and everyone just looks booked as far as storylines go. As far fetched as it is, I think a good idea to get him involved is to have him feud with Ryback. Here's my logic: Ryback is the up-and-coming unstoppable force set to run roughshod through WWE - and of course a certain Apex Predator would not take kindly to someone trying to usurp his position. As popular as Orton is, he could really help put Ryback over as a real beast, not just someone who gets fed jobbers to look powerful. Other than that, I don't have anything...

I was thinking more of just not returning. But returning only for Ryback to shelve him could be interesting. Then they can have a huge feud when Randy returns. Cause by then Ryback won't be unbeaten.

randy orton is way to valuable to sit out for a couple of years.. he can be a top face or heel.. how many other superstars can do that?

No one is indispensable from the roster. They are doing without him for 60 days without any really damage to Smackdown.

Dennis
07-18-2012, 12:45 AM
@uratool I'm not saying they can't do it with out them.. but why would you go without a top talent? I mean if he were to move to tna like said by someone else in this thread that could lead to some major ratings for tna I'd watch more tna if randy was on tna.. just to see how they would use him

URATOOL
07-18-2012, 12:48 AM
@uratool I'm not saying they can't do it with out them.. but why would you go without a top talent? I mean if he were to move to tna like said by someone else in this thread that could lead to some major ratings for tna I'd watch more tna if randy was on tna.. just to see how they would use him

As I said above he is a year or two into a 10 year contract. He's not going anywhere and TNA couldn't afford him even if they wanted him.

scribbler_jones
07-18-2012, 12:51 AM
True, Smackdown isn't losing any real sleep over not having Orton around... and they toned him down a bit too much in my opinion... that's another reason I think Ryback would be a good match for him short term: allow both guys to go all out in a short feud. Maybe two or three matches. No real big or elaborate plot, just keep the story simple: who is the baddest mofo on Smackdown? In the process, Orton suffers a serious (kayfabe) injury thanks to Ryback and is shelved. It wouldn't even need to be decided by pinfall or anything: in their final match, they just brawl and almost try to kill each other... Orton actually goes for the punt and hits it... Ryback machines up from it and works Orton... match thrown out eventually because both men can't answer the ten count, but it's Randy who gets carried out... And since he's gone, that leaves Ryback as the new Apex Predator. For now. For Ryback, he gets a step up on the ladder - and Orton gets off the TV to do a couple more movies and to do some "community service" for his Wellness Policy violation.

Playboy Stevie V
07-18-2012, 12:52 AM
As long as he's still under contract, f*ck it. Theres nothing for him now, so he can lay low for a few and come back with some excitement.

As for tna not being able to afford Orton I don't think anybody here really knows that for sure. But what we do know is that they sure were able to afford Kurt Angle, enough so that he weaseled his way out of his wwe contact and jumped ship.

Then got his wife stolen by that stud muffin Jeff Jarrett..ZING! #2

scribbler_jones
07-18-2012, 01:07 AM
As long as he's still under contract, f*ck it. Theres nothing for him now, so he can lay low for a few and come back with some excitement.

As for tna not being able to afford Orton I don't think any really knows that for sure. But what we do know is that they sure were able to afford Kurt Angle, enough so that he weaseled his way out of his wwe contact and jump ship.

Then get his wife stolen by that stud muffin Jeff Jarrett..ZING! #2

... Damn.

SilverGhost
07-18-2012, 03:23 AM

... Damn.

That hurts. Ouch!

URATOOL
07-18-2012, 03:41 AM

As for tna not being able to afford Orton I don't think anybody here really knows that for sure. But what we do know is that they sure were able to afford Kurt Angle, enough so that he weaseled his way out of his wwe contact and jumped ship.

Then got his wife stolen by that stud muffin Jeff Jarrett..ZING! #2

That's cold!

The Brown One
07-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Smackdown doesn't need Orton. Even with him around, you'll still get a boring WHC feud - with Sheamus or Del Rio against Orton. The only difference is that the matches will be better, and ratings might be a bit higher. Other than that, there's really no rush to bring him back. He just goes around punting people and winning matches.

bcfccalum
07-18-2012, 06:46 AM
the longer they keep him away the better, i cant stand orton as a face

Dennis
07-18-2012, 08:23 AM
As I said above he is a year or two into a 10 year contract. He's not going anywhere and TNA couldn't afford him even if they wanted him.
so he is probably paid as a top tier star and you want to sit him? seems like a waste of money to me...

CM_SUXX_NOT
07-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Smackdown doesn't need Orton. Even with him around, you'll still get a boring WHC feud - with Sheamus or Del Rio against Orton. The only difference is that the matches will be better, and ratings might be a bit higher. Other than that, there's really no rush to bring him back. He just goes around punting people and winning matches.
They banned the punt.

The Phantom Menace
07-18-2012, 10:22 AM
In no way is Randy hurting for cash, from what I've read about Randy he's been very smart with his money. It would be interesting to see him in TNA(when I get Spike back), and just like every other former WWE wrestler(except Kurt Angle), Randy would be rushed up the ladder to a WHC run. Matches between Randy & A.J. Styles, Kurt Angle & an invigorated Samoa Joe would be off the chain.

Pumpkinhead
07-18-2012, 11:31 AM
About Orton in TNA, compare the difference of money both companies, Orton wage might pretty high that is off limits for TNA, but as you said no one knows for sure.

What I don't see is you saying he won't return, it's true he had another wellness violation but I hate to say this but Orton is probably the 2nd biggest draw in the WWE so there's no way they are going to lose that money and not featured him a year, he may even return at the 1000th

LostOmega
07-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Homestly, I wouldn't care if Orton returned. He's been boring the ever-living hell out of me ever since he turned face. If he's going to return, I'd rather he do it as a heel.

Pumpkinhead
07-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Homestly, I wouldn't care if Orton returned. He's been boring the ever-living hell out of me ever since he turned face. If he's going to return, I'd rather he do it as a heel.
So would Randy but he doesn't make the calls

Lowki
07-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I hope he returns on the 1,000th and wins EVERYTHING, then feuds with Santino for a year. most fans seem to suddenly hate Orton so this would piss them off, so that's funny to me!

darkace9194
07-18-2012, 03:02 PM
doesn't orton's suspension end till august? there is no way in hell he'll be able to show up on the 1000th raw

HeelTurn
07-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Orton will be back, the WWE is lacking depth due to the lack of pushing new talent. Its been "reported" that they aren't sold on Sheamus representing SD, so he will remain face and be pushed when he returns.

Cabers
07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Orton will be back, the WWE is lacking depth due to the lack of pushing new talent. Its been "reported" that they aren't sold on Sheamus representing SD, so he will remain face and be pushed when he returns.

Sadly its all true and he will go straight back into the main event scene. Typical a little holiday and then an instant push upon return its ridiculous.

Xpacfan
07-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Look...for everyone saying that TNA couldn't "afford" Orton...that's complete BS. If both sides are WILLING, then its always possible that he could get signed. I'm pretty sure they are always looking for that one major aquisition to really get everyone talking (think Hogan back in the mid 90s).

If they can afford wrestlers the likes of Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, RVD, etc...I'm pretty sure that they could afford Orton. Granted that they may be past their prime but their name and legacy being associated with the TNA brand doesn't come cheap. The same would go for Orton and I'm sure TNA has the money to pay him if they saw the value in the long term investment.

johnnydropkicks
07-18-2012, 06:16 PM

what do you mean get his act together? what caused it was a bad supplement. a body builder supplement with some extra testosterone or something. at least that's what I thought it was last. so I don't get get his act together concerning

johnnydropkicks
07-18-2012, 06:17 PM

heelturn sig*

lol

bearkg88
07-18-2012, 08:08 PM

While I can see your POV tool, I see Orton coming back. Yes it might benefit him to stay away, but Vince or Trips wouldn't allow it i don't think

FXK2I
07-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Randy Orton returns and assaults Cena or Punk = Heel turn

scribbler_jones
07-18-2012, 11:52 PM
heelturn sig*

lol

Agreed... trying to stop laughing...

scribbler_jones
07-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Randy Orton returns and assaults Cena or Punk = Heel turn

If only...

SoloGraphix
07-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Maybe if Orton went to TNA (which won't happen) he could get Mr. Kennedy fired again, just for shiggles.

Ahmed Jens Ben Arfa
07-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Get Rid of the Beard,get back his 09 Haircut,Reform Legacy,Punt Both Cena and Punk in the Face at SummerSlam.
If I wasn't a huge Ziggler Fan,I would go suggesting him to Steal his MITB Briefcase and cash it.How things Would turn up if you cash In a stolen briecase?
Since the E Gave up on Calling Him the Legend Killer and made him a Face,Orton became just..meuh,Just another "Brick-Cena" in the wall..He's just a Born to be Heel..

Lowki
07-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Look...for everyone saying that TNA couldn't "afford" Orton...that's complete BS. If both sides are WILLING, then its always possible that he could get signed. I'm pretty sure they are always looking for that one major aquisition to really get everyone talking (think Hogan back in the mid 90s).

If they can afford wrestlers the likes of Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, RVD, etc...I'm pretty sure that they could afford Orton. Granted that they may be past their prime but their name and legacy being associated with the TNA brand doesn't come cheap. The same would go for Orton and I'm sure TNA has the money to pay him if they saw the value in the long term investment.
TNA are poorer than fans seem to think... TNA hasn't got millions to splash out on Orton a year. (yes, Orton is top tier meaning he earns around the million mark with merchandise etc).
No talent in TNA are paid even remotely close to Orton. Hogan left WWE about 6 years ago and the only other national wrestling show was TNA so he had no real choice but to sign, but i bet he's on a helluva lot less money. Flair is another person that probably took a wage cut to sign for TNA. Angle went to TNA for the schedule rather than the money, i'm sure he's said he's on less money and RVD was never touching Orton's earnings. He was never a huge merchandise seller and was not main event in the WWE or even a top guy. He had that title push for a few months to get ECW hyped up, but was never that high in the company really.

I would say that Orton isn't far off Cena on earnings because he is still technically their number 2 guy.

Rick BoA
07-20-2012, 01:17 AM
I dont care if he returns, it has been nice not having him around hogging up the title picture and putting on the same slow paced boring match week after week.

Tommy Thunder
07-20-2012, 09:04 AM
WWE officials see Punk as their no.2 guy. This was reported before Orton was suspended.

I agree with keeping Orton off for a while. With so many big names around (or just about to come around) it doesn't make sense to bring him back now. HHH, Lesnar, The Rock, Cena, Punk, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Ziggler, Jericho are all in the middle of big storylines/pushes or are on the verge of coming back to start something big.

I'm happy for WWE to just use Orton in a media/PR role for a few months. Like Tool said, stick him in a few movies, just have him doing media and PR appearances to promote WWE.

johnnydropkicks
07-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Get Rid of the Beard,get back his 09 Haircut,Reform Legacy,Punt Both Cena and Punk in the Face at SummerSlam.
If I wasn't a huge Ziggler Fan,I would go suggesting him to Steal his MITB Briefcase and cash it.How things Would turn up if you cash In a stolen briecase?
Since the E Gave up on Calling Him the Legend Killer and made him a Face,Orton became just..meuh,Just another "Brick-Cena" in the wall..He's just a Born to be Heel..

not that it would happen. but it would be pretty unbelievable if he punted Lesnar.

steveorton
07-21-2012, 02:28 PM
raw = rko

we want orton