PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the new GM for both Raw and Smackdown ?

benzman11883
07-17-2012, 08:57 PM
At the 1000th Raw who do u think will be named the new GM for both Raw and Smackdown ?

For some reason i think it might have something to do w this summers big storyline (eg. Nexus takeover , CM Punk shoot promo)

They just havent been talking about who it will be much lately so i think it will be a big surprise ...

What do u think ?

TheGreatOne
07-17-2012, 09:01 PM
I think they may go back to 2 gms which is the way I like it. I'd like to see Foley back as the GM, but it is probably doubtful. Hopefully not Vickie Guerrero for either show. AW possibly......hopefully not Teddy Long.

MattTY2JHBK
07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Good question...

I actually don't know to be honest, which is a good thing as it will be a surprise to me.
I wish the WWE did this more often.
As long as they're not gonna swerve it like they did when they revealed Hornswoggle as the Anonomous RAW GM.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
07-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I have no idea either.. Haha.

I'm hoping it's not Teddy Long though.. I would like too see Mick Foley return as GM but I think that is very doubtful with the talk about Triple H not liking him recently.

I would say Ric Flair could be an outside shot but I'm not sure with this legal battle going on with TNA.

Krysys
07-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Nooooot a good way to start of your EWN experience.

I think this is the guy who had issues with Tommy awhile back... corebore.. He posted in the WWF E-Fed and mentioned both Bodom and Tommy

K2Jelly
07-17-2012, 09:18 PM
I think this is the guy who had issues with Tommy awhile back... corebore.. He posted in the WWF E-Fed and mentioned both Bodom and Tommy

That makes sense. How's it goin', correbore? :D

K2Jelly
07-17-2012, 09:19 PM
no this is perfect plex and bodom and tommy thunder bullied me!

And you're going to get your point across by trolling and spamming? If you're trying to pass yourself off as a victim, doing irresponsible shit like this will not get you any sympathy.

Krysys
07-17-2012, 09:20 PM
no this is perfect plex and bodom and tommy thunder bullied me!

And so you respond with ignorant statements? Seems legit..

Playboy Stevie V
07-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Well my offical guess would be Ric Flair for RAW and Mick Foley for Smackdown.

Rockstar83
07-17-2012, 09:27 PM
As long as it's not Teddy Long! Anybody but Teddy Long

THE HEARTBREAK KID
07-17-2012, 09:28 PM
And you're going to get your point across by trolling and spamming? If you're trying to pass yourself off as a victim, doing irresponsible shit like this will not get you any sympathy.

This dude^^ Take note man. :)

justin sane
07-17-2012, 09:29 PM
What's Bischoff's status? How about Paul Heyman, say he's given the position from his threats of suing HHH for hitting him and tie in with their SS match?

THE HEARTBREAK KID
07-17-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm not sure the PG era would allow a GM called "Fuck Bodom". Maybe F Bodom. Then the IWC could speculate what the F stood for.

Vintage Tool! :D

Playboy Stevie V
07-17-2012, 09:33 PM
What's Bischoff's status? How about Paul Heyman, say he's given the position from his threats of suing HHH for hitting him and tie in with their SS match?

Before i made my prediction I was really feeling a gm lawsuit angle with Heyman.

Pumpkinhead
07-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Charlie fucking Sheen!!

Dennis
07-17-2012, 09:36 PM
jbl would be entertaining to watch as the gm of at least raw but he is off climbing mountains... or edge but I doubt he would want to come back... I really want a heel gm.. note this because I probably will get bored of a heel gm with in a couple months but I kind of miss johnny ace every week on raw maybe a new heel gm would fix that

Mr Punk
07-17-2012, 10:40 PM
My best bet will be Michael Cole. I think there was also a hint on this weeks Raw when Cole said he had applied for the position. I think it could be great to get Cole of the announcer table into a more serious role.

Pumpkinhead
07-17-2012, 10:44 PM
My best bet will be Michael Cole. I think there was also a hint on this weeks Raw when Cole said he had applied for the position. I think it could be great to get Cole of the announcer table into a more serious role.

If lead to a eventual JR return works fine for me

BadAndy
07-17-2012, 10:45 PM
I personally would like a heel GM. It makes for much better confrontation. William Regal would be awesome.

Pumpkinhead
07-17-2012, 10:50 PM
I personally would like a heel GM. It makes for much better confrontation. William Regal would be awesome.
Mmm... could revive the old Regal/Punk feud

BadAndy
07-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Mmm... could revive the old Regal/Punk feud

I still say having Sandow and Barrett allied with Regal would be golden.

Playboy Stevie V
07-17-2012, 11:25 PM
I still say having Sandow and Barrett allied with Regal would be golden.

Loving your thought of a stable but I'd leave sandow solo. But id love a good ol fashion British stable. Regal managing Barrett and WWE add in a under utilized TNA talent like Douglas williams, Magnus (doubtful) or bring back Paul Burchill. British wrestlers have a underlining rugged toughness feel, so it would draw imo.

Great One
07-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Since everyone doesn't want it to be Teddy Long I hope it is playa :p I wouldn't mind seeing Mick Foley as GM. But wouldn't it be cool if The Undertaker was GM, I know it won't happen but it'd be cool. I really hope it isn't Vickie maybe Bret? who knows we'll find out next week

BadAndy
07-17-2012, 11:33 PM
I just said in another thread that people jump all over Cena for being the poster boy of the PG era and how he caters to children yet they give Mysterio a pass. I think it's the same thing with Mick Foley. He almost seems needy for the approval of the audience. I really used to like him but it's just gotten worse and worse over the years. I really wouldn't like having him as a GM.

Playboy Stevie V
07-17-2012, 11:39 PM
I just said in another thread that people jump all over Cena for being the poster boy of the PG era and how he caters to children yet they give Mysterio a pass. I think it's the same thing with Mick Foley. He almost seems needy for the approval of the audience. I really used to like him but it's just gotten worse and worse over the years. I really wouldn't like having him as a GM.

Im not bashing cena but foley and cena are totally different. Foley is the GOD of hardcore, bumps and blood. Murder scene looking matches. Hes goofy cause hes CRAZY. He has a missing ear from a Vader match, which he finished to prove it.

Totally different style of wrestlers from totally different eras.

BadAndy
07-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Im not bashing cena but foley and cena are totally different. Foley is the GOD of hardcore, bumps and blood. Murder scene looking matches. Hes goofy cause hes CRAZY. He has a missing ear from a Vader match, which he finished to prove it.

Totally different style of wrestlers from totally different eras.

Not talking about wrestling. Foley is so far above Cena that I'd never mention the two of them together when talking about wrestling. I'm talking about milking the crowd. Foley is just as bad as Cena. He is the constant face and do gooder with the crowd these days. It's almost smarmy. He already has the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand because they love him yet he seems to almost need their approval. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Playboy Stevie V
07-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Not talking about wrestling. Foley is so far above Cena that I'd never mention the two of them together when talking about wrestling. I'm talking about milking the crowd. Foley is just as bad as Cena. He is the constant face and do gooder with the crowd these days. It's almost smarmy. He already has the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand because they love him yet he seems to almost need their approval. It just rubs me the wrong way.

I hear ya. I think foley gets the crazy uncle treatment...lol

And i don't give Rey a pass either. But i like heels. I dont want Rey or John to leave. They have their super hero purpose. But i can see people pointing out that rey is a better wrestler than john. But so was Curt Henning compared to Hulk Hogan and I consider cena as the hulk of this generation. Nothing wrong with that.

Lucas Chapel
07-18-2012, 12:38 AM
I was hoping for Ric Flair for RAW but it won't happen because of the court case. Bret Hart forSmackdown! woud be awesome too.

tigermask
07-18-2012, 02:09 AM
How about a returning Mike Adamle. I now he was awful, but I'd like to see him come back and redeem himself, could be fun...just putting it out there as it was a name missing of the list.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Love it to be Regal, probably going to be Foley!

Kenny Kaos
07-18-2012, 05:42 AM
My fellow Seasider, William Regal would be fantastic.

It could reignite the feud with Punk and possibly usher in the era of Ambrose...but it will probably be someone mind numbingly lame like Teddy Long, as is the current style of WWE.

Paul Heymen would certainly shake things up a little too

Tommy Thunder
07-18-2012, 05:47 AM
I'm hoping for Shane and Stephanie McMahon for Raw and Smackdown respectively.

But in all likelihood we'll be disappointed by having T-Lo, Vickie, Johnny Ace (I'm all for having him as an on-screen character, but he's done his duty as a GM).

I'd be happy to see Mick Foley, Ric Flair (unlikely, but you never know), Michael Cole, William Regal, Paul Heyman or someone fresh like that taking up the role.

URATOOL
07-18-2012, 06:05 AM
How about Cole and Booker?

Revolver Magus
07-18-2012, 07:17 AM

I have to chime in on this one, -yes- Foley and Cena cater to the crowd every chance they get. The big difference? Foley has EARNED that right. I'm not saying Cenas not one of the hardest workers in this Era of wrestling, however not only is WWE literally wrapped around almost everything he dose, but the WWE as a whole is about 20x safer than during Micks time.

Mick had quite literally destroyed both his body and mind in some of the most brutal hardcore matches out there. Many of us have seen him get his ear ripped off, his tooth come out through his nose, finish a match with a completely dislocated shoulder, and more injuries than any living human should be forced to endure. In my eyes, he earned as many cheap pops as he wants, with his blood.

Tommy Thunder
07-18-2012, 07:31 AM
How about Cole and Booker?

Cole is an absolute yes for me. ANYTHING to get him away from the commentary table (I know he's got better since he's toned down his heel persona, but I still think he could be better utilized as a manager or a GM).

Booker though, I'd rather see him wrestling more. I can't see him as a GM.

HeelTurn
07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
I would love to see Stephanie back on my TV.

But 2 legends would be great, Flair for SD (so they can edit anything they don't want from him) and Foley for Raw.

CGBigMan
07-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Booker might be in with an off shout
not sure how it would go

Ultra Combo
07-18-2012, 07:49 AM
I'm going with good ole Jim Ross

Tomsta666
07-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Haven't they all but confirmed it's going to be Steph for Raw? I'm sure i've read that somewhere. I'd like Foley on Smackdown though :D

Wade Barrett 1979
07-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Haven't they all but confirmed it's going to be Steph for Raw? I'm sure i've read that somewhere. I'd like Foley on Smackdown though :D

Would be good if it's Steph, I miss these:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HQoBJqYA6YU/TTBB_RRViKI/AAAAAAAABiM/iPdEdIwjiJw/s1600/009.jpg

:D

Shining Light
07-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Would be good if it's Steph, I miss these:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HQoBJqYA6YU/TTBB_RRViKI/AAAAAAAABiM/iPdEdIwjiJw/s1600/009.jpg

:D

*Glares at Wade*

Those tits aren't big enough for the both of us Wade...

*Takes a second look at the picture*

Oh yeah... They are! ;)

On topic I have a feeling that Paul and Brock will convince Triple H to add a stipulation to their match at Summerslam that, if Brock wins then Paul becomes GM or something, and if Triple H wins then Paul and Brock will drop their lawsuits. Brock will then go on to win the match and Paul will have the role of GM.

Ultra Combo
07-18-2012, 09:00 AM
I second that!

AshleyPunk
07-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Teddy Long back at Smackdown as he just belongs there lol
I'd like to see Bret Hart back as GM personally or bring back Vince for Raw....Just not Vickie Please

Bodom
07-18-2012, 09:05 AM
I can confirm that I will not be the new GM.

And that my first name doesn't start with F

Ultra Combo
07-18-2012, 10:12 AM
I would like to see jbl also I believe it would be interesting seeing him run raw or smackdown

mole f'n show
07-18-2012, 11:00 AM
i hope its Ric Flair

Bodom
07-18-2012, 11:04 AM
'sup perfect-plex.

scottyseville
07-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Lets stop kidding ourselves, everybody here knows Teddy-Long, will be running Smackdown and if he ends up not running the show, that will be the biggest shock WWE has given us in a while. As for RAW, I would love to see JBL run the show.

Destruction
07-18-2012, 12:42 PM
What I hope:

Raw: Michael Cole
Smackdown: Mick Foley

What I think:

Raw: Vickie Guerrero
Smackdown: Teddy Long

Lowki
07-18-2012, 12:45 PM
I got a feeling Bret Hart or Paul Heyman.

capn-edu
07-18-2012, 12:46 PM
How bout Miz' being the manager of both!!

supergoing
07-18-2012, 12:49 PM
The SD spoilers says that Cole has new music. Well, I don't remember him ever having entrance music. So I think it's a clue that it's going to be him.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DGHBFR6WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
(ie. I reckon they were giving his future GM music/tron a test-run with the live audience)

akbar
07-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Paul Heyman.

thenextsousa
07-18-2012, 01:07 PM
I like the idea of Cole for Raw and Booker T for Smackdown. I can picture it possibly ending up so Cole and Booker think that their show's better than the others, than a 6-8 man elimination tag match at Summerslam. (Even though this kind of happened at WM with Johnny and Teddy Long, I would still enjoy it.) This would be a great time to put over mid carders:
Example Teams:
Cole:
Damien Sandow
Cody Rhodes
Titus O'Neil
Darren Young

Booker:
Sin Cara
Tyson Kidd
Christian
Zack Ryder (possibly Ryback).

BadAndy
07-18-2012, 02:40 PM
I see that people's thinking varies here. The end result is that it's unclear and we don't know. I do know this. When it happens we will have A.) tons claiming it was so predictable; and B.) lots of unhappy people that will be talking about how the chosen GM(s) is/are what makes WWE suck.

Jerichoholic_92
07-18-2012, 03:18 PM
I think (granted I dont imagine it being a long run) that the new GM will be of the 'Rated R' variety!

HeelTurn
07-18-2012, 03:20 PM
The SD spoilers says that Cole has new music. Well, I don't remember him ever having entrance music. So I think it's a clue that it's going to be him.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DGHBFR6WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
(ie. I reckon they were giving his future GM music/tron a test-run with the live audience)

He has Kerwin Whites old music, he has for a while now they just never play it on tv.

Cabers
07-18-2012, 03:40 PM
For the best result the shows should have there own individual GMs who cannot stand each other thus re-igniting the brand war.

Robstar
07-18-2012, 04:03 PM
For who should be GM, see below;

Playboy Stevie V
07-18-2012, 04:10 PM
I think (granted I dont imagine it being a long run) that the new GM will be of the 'Rated R' variety!

WOW! Edge totally slipped my mind. Good prediction.

Man I miss Edge as a active wrestler :(

Callum
07-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Raw - William Regal
Smackdown - Michael Cole

I think Santino would also make a good Gm

midian
07-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Roddy Piper or William Regal for me would be amazing.But if I put on my WWE creative hat, Eve and Otunga for Raw and SD or Big Johnny returns.

bearkg88
07-18-2012, 08:05 PM
At the 1000th Raw who do u think will be named the new GM for both Raw and Smackdown ?

For some reason i think it might have something to do w this summers big storyline (eg. Nexus takeover , CM Punk shoot promo)

They just havent been talking about who it will be much lately so i think it will be a big surprise ...

What do u think ?

If i speculated, I would guess Heyman for Raw, and maybe someone else for SD. Truth is though, we have no clue who it is. Which I find extremely interesting.

dashkatae
07-18-2012, 10:21 PM
As sad as it is, it'll be john laurinaitis again. What probably will happen is Brock will demand that Johnny be put back into power as gm otherwise he won't face triple H at summerslam. :P

LMPunker
07-19-2012, 06:09 AM
i think it will be the miz as he teased something on backstage fallout

URATOOL
07-19-2012, 06:13 AM
i think it will be the miz as he teased something on backstage fallout

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait......

No.

Ahmed Jens Ben Arfa
07-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Well..
The New Raw GM is gonna be Chris benoit Father.
The New Smackdown! GM is Gonna be Owen Hart Wife.

Just Kidding,Before getting all the Hate xD
I Think Having Michael Cole As a GM should be pure Gold.But I Still can't trust the WWE..Remmember VKM Mysterious Son Storyline? After so much Hype,It was..The Laptop user..

Shaz11
07-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Raw - Paul Heyman
Smackdown - William Regal

Lowki
07-19-2012, 09:51 AM
If it's heyman, he will either wind up Triple H enough to get the GM spot in return for Lesnar's match or he will proceed with his "personal lawsuit" against triple h unless he's made GM of Raw, something stupid like that. I am right in thinking that in return for a match against Triple H, Lesnar has to drop his lawsuits, yes?

Mikeyboy7777777
07-19-2012, 10:20 AM
william regal can play both face and heel maybe have regal as his sinister masked evil self on smackdown and his face self on raw or have if dean ambrose got injured have him as his secret apprentice i don't care as long as the survivor series matches are being brought back even john cena can be in one of those on two conditions don't have him ever as the sole survivor and don't have him take out more than 1 guy in the match

Stihltygre
07-19-2012, 01:00 PM
All the Hate for Teddy Long, i actually like him as Smackdown GM, because as a rule he stays out of the story lines and just moves the story along... Raw tends to have a GM that has his fingers in the pie, usually a heel... so my choice would be Teddy for smackdown, and Regal for Raw... Cole is too over the top, and Flair is too unrelaible at this point.

HCollins-TNA1
07-19-2012, 01:07 PM
It could be a swerve and Johnny Ace get put in as GM of Raw, doubt it though....

But my guesses are.....
Raw- Micheal Cole or Eve???
Smackdown- Teddy Long again!!!

JessiDeathBat
07-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Whoever it is, I'm betting Eve will have her spot as their assistant. In that regard, they will probably be a heel. It is a tough call for sure. Charlie Sheen? Lol

Tommy Thunder
07-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Whoever it is, I'm betting Eve will have her spot as their assistant. In that regard, they will probably be a heel. It is a tough call for sure. Charlie Sheen? Lol

How incredibly awesome would Charlie Sheen be as GM lol!

nafeesgreat1
07-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Raw,Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Smackdown,HBK.
Naaah just kidding i know they r busy with there respective TV Shows.I think its gonna be 1 of those 2nd tier legends.Some1 like Road Dogg may b? His promo skills r superb.Whoever messes with him he'll have 2 words 4 them,, ;-)