PDA

View Full Version : Summerslam Card

Callum
07-17-2012, 03:03 PM
So far only Lesnar/HHH has been announced but what other matches do you think'll take place?

I don't see Dolph cashing in so Sheamus will probably still be champion.

Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio based on last night which is a shame as I was hoping Summerslam would be ADR-less.

Personally I think Cm Punk will still be champion, maybe Big Show will intefer and cause Cena to win via DQ. Cena could then ask for a rematch, which Punk kindly gives him (as he's a face) setting up Punk/
Cena 2.

Kane vs Daniel Bryan - Match similar to his 'Til death do us part' match with Matt Hardy.

Eve vs AJ

Dolph Ziggler vs Chris Jericho which i think will steal the show.

- I stumbled across this video the other day and it's weird how far Ziggler's come

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMS1Nk_B7zQ

Cabers
07-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Dolph Ziggler vs Chris Jericho would be unbelievable!

Playboy Stevie V
07-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Y2J vs Zig would be awesome and prob will happen at Summer Slam. But I was really hoping somehow they could stretch the storyline long enough to build up a WM match between them instead of rushing a Summer Slam match.

But, i'm fine with it anyway if it happens at Summer Slam. It would steal the show. But at what point does Y2J stop jobbing? I respect the fact he's doing the right thing and putting over youngsters in A+ quality clinics. And also toning down his mic work to make the younger guys look good, cause we all know if he went full force mic there's not too many that can hang with Jericho. But if he keeps jobbing then his feuds might become predictable. Lets hope not.

Robstar
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
I don't see Dolph cashing in any time soon. Heels having the MITB briefcase is great for the show. Let Cena cash in first. Let Dolph and Vickie ride that thing as long as possible

akbar
07-17-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm just happy this isn't a blog because prediction cards should be in the forums:)

Destruction
07-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Brock Lesnar vs Triple H

WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs John Cena vs Big Show

World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus (c) vs The Miz

Daniel Bryan vs Kane

Dolph Ziggler vs Chris Jericho

Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio

Intercontinental Championship
Christian (c) vs Damien Sandow

Cody Rhodes vs Randy Orton (I think he returns by then)

WWE Tag Team Championship
Truth in Paradise vs Primo and Epico vs Prime Time Players

Dennis
07-17-2012, 03:52 PM
daniel bryan vs the miz! it seems like they are turning bryan face

MattTY2JHBK
07-17-2012, 04:35 PM
My Wanted (And Possible) SummerSlam Card

Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman Vs Triple H w/Shawn Michaels

WWE Championship - John Cena (C, HEEL) Vs CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship - Sheamus (C) Vs The Miz Vs Randy Orton

Dolph Ziggler Vs Chris Jericho (If Jericho wins, he takes the MITB briefcase. If Ziggler wins, Jericho must leave the WWE)

Kane Vs Big Show - Falls Count Anywhere

Daniel Bryan (Face) Vs Dean Ambrose w/AJ

Alberto Del Rio Vs Rey Mysterio (Ricardo is banned from ringside)

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship - Christian (C) Vs Cody Rhodes Vs Damien Sandow

Kofi Kingston, R-Truth & Brodus Clay Vs The Prime-Time Players and a mystery wrestler (Jack Swagger is revealed as the new AW member)

Pre-Show - US Championship - Santino (C) Vs Ryback

THAT my friends, is how you book SummerSlam...
Creative please call me...

Dennis
07-17-2012, 06:04 PM

Dolph Ziggler Vs Chris Jericho (If Jericho wins, he takes the MITB briefcase. If Ziggler wins, Jericho must leave the WWE)

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship - Christian (C) Vs Cody Rhodes Vs Damien Sandow

Kofi Kingston, R-Truth & Brodus Clay Vs The Prime-Time Players and a mystery wrestler (Jack Swagger is revealed as the new AW member)

that literally almost made me cry in laughter well played haha

Mr. Ziggles
07-17-2012, 06:16 PM
I would say:

Lesner w/Heyman & Big Johnny VS HHH w/HBK & Vinnie Mac
(If lesner wins Johnny gets GM job back)

Cena (C) VS CM Punk

Daniel Bryan W/AJ VS Jericho

Christian (C) VS Rhodes, Lastman standing (booked as Rhodes' last chance)

Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara VS ADR & Ricardo

Layla (C) VS Kharma

Sheamus (C) VS Miz

Pre-show
Santino (C) VS Swagger

Pumpkinhead
07-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I would say:

Lesnar w/Heyman & Big Johnny VS HHH w/HBK & Vinnie Mac
(If lesner wins Johnny gets GM job back)

Cena (C) VS CM Punk

Daniel Bryan W/AJ VS Jericho

Christian (C) VS Rhodes, Lastman standing (booked as Rhodes' last chance)

Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara VS ADR & Ricardo

Layla (C) VS Kharma

Sheamus (C) VS Miz

Pre-show
Santino (C) VS Swagger

Honestly I'll prefer to leave Lesnar and HHH alone

Playboy Stevie V
07-17-2012, 07:03 PM

Good job! If they call *looking around quick to make sure my wife is not listening...in a whisper* take me with you.

TheGreatOne
07-17-2012, 07:05 PM
If I booked Summerslam, I wouldn't have HHH/Lesnar as the main event. The main event would be Orton vs Lesnar. Based on the history of the Summerslam event where both became the youngest world champs in the history of the company.

Dennis
07-17-2012, 07:49 PM
If I booked Summerslam, I wouldn't have HHH/Lesnar as the main event. The main event would be Orton vs Lesnar. Based on the history of the Summerslam event where both became the youngest world champs in the history of the company.
if I booked summerslam I wouldn't have lesnar in it haha :)

TheGreatOne
07-17-2012, 08:31 PM
if I booked summerslam I wouldn't have lesnar in it haha :)WWE signed the man to show up for 30 dates. Summerslam wouldn't be one of them? You certainly would be fired and criticized big time for not taking advantage of having Lesnar. Lesnar is getting paid Millions. You better have him on the biggest events of the year including Summerslam.

Dennis
07-17-2012, 08:47 PM
WWE signed the man to show up for 30 dates. Summerslam wouldn't be one of them? You certainly would be fired and criticized big time for not taking advantage of having Lesnar. Lesnar is getting paid Millions. You better have him on the biggest events of the year including Summerslam.
first off it's a joke.. I'm just pointing out he shouldn't of been signed on to a deal because he is boring now.. bringing people back like they are with lesnar is silly haha

CMRyder
07-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Pre Show: Santino Marella vs Damien Sandow: United States Championship
Match 1: Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Primetime Players vs Epico and Primo: Triple threat Tag team ladder match for WWE tag tittles
Match 2: Rey vs ADR
Match 3: AJ vs. Layla: Divas Championship
Match 4: Daniel Bryan vs. Kane
Match 5: Sheamus vs. Christian: IC and World heavyweight Championship match
Match 6: Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho
Match 7: Brock Lesnar vs. HHH
Match 8: CM Punk vs. The Rock vs. John Cena: Triple threat WWE tittle match.

That is sorta mixed with dream card but I think it could really happen. Nothing is too unrealistic here imo.

BadAndy
07-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Y2J vs Zig would be awesome and prob will happen at Summer Slam. But I was really hoping somehow they could stretch the storyline long enough to build up a WM match between them instead of rushing a Summer Slam match.

But, i'm fine with it anyway if it happens at Summer Slam. It would steal the show. But at what point does Y2J stop jobbing? I respect the fact he's doing the right thing and putting over youngsters in A+ quality clinics. And also toning down his mic work to make the younger guys look good, cause we all know if he went full force mic there's not too many that can hang with Jericho. But if he keeps jobbing then his feuds might become predictable. Lets hope not.

We can close this thread because you've said everything that needs to be said about these too. From now on I shall call you Mr. Perfect.

The Brown One
07-18-2012, 06:15 AM
The Summerslam lineup is going to be predictable, as many of the WWE's ppvs have been as of late:
*Pre show: Kofi and Truth vs PTP for the tagteam titles
*Christian vs Damien Sandow
*Kane vs Daniel Bryan
*Divas championship: Beth Phoenix vs Layla
*Ryback vs Primo and Epico? (this won't be announced, as it usually isn't)
*WHC: Sheamus vs Tensai. I can see them pissing off the fans with another boring WHC match. It would be great if The Miz could somehow end up in this match, just to make it interesting
*Lesnar vs Triple H
*WWE championship: Punk (heel) vs Cena

I hope I'm wrong, but tell me with a straight face that you don't see something like this.

Dennis
07-18-2012, 01:36 PM
The Summerslam lineup is going to be predictable, as many of the WWE's ppvs have been as of late:
*Pre show: Kofi and Truth vs PTP for the tagteam titles
*Christian vs Damien Sandow
*Kane vs Daniel Bryan
*Divas championship: Beth Phoenix vs Layla
*Ryback vs Primo and Epico? (this won't be announced, as it usually isn't)
*WHC: Sheamus vs Tensai. I can see them pissing off the fans with another boring WHC match. It would be great if The Miz could somehow end up in this match, just to make it interesting
*Lesnar vs Triple H
*WWE championship: Punk (heel) vs Cena

I hope I'm wrong, but tell me with a straight face that you don't see something like this.
just in curiosity how do you believe they are going to turn punk heel?

The Brown One
07-18-2012, 01:42 PM
just in curiosity how do you believe they are going to turn punk heel?

I've explained it numerous times last week. IMO it'll be through a promo, maybe a worked shoot one. He'll say that Eve was right a few weeks ago when she said that he was being overshadowed by Lesnar, The Rock and Cena despite being WWE champion. He'll say that the spotlight should be on him, not Cena.

It's just my opinion, but I'd rather see Punk as a heel going to feud with Cena at Summerslam. Even a tweener would be great.

Dennis
07-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I've explained it numerous times last week. IMO it'll be through a promo, maybe a worked shoot one. He'll say that Eve was right a few weeks ago when she said that he was being overshadowed by Lesnar, The Rock and Cena despite being WWE champion. He'll say that the spotlight should be on him, not Cena.

It's just my opinion, but I'd rather see Punk as a heel going to feud with Cena at Summerslam. Even a tweener would be great.
I agree with the tweener option I don't like him as a heel as much as a tweener.. but if they give cena the title (likely) he is going to have to turn heel.. maybe he can have eve as a manager? I'd go with attacking cena leading up to the title match at summerslam instead of a promo IMO it would get pretty much all the adult fans back behind him after his boring last few months (minus his matches those are awesome)

TempestH
07-18-2012, 10:27 PM
What I'd like it to be...

This is what I feel it should be...

HHH vs. Brock Lesnar

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. The Rock.

World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus vs. Randy Orton.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho.

Fatal 4 Way for the Intercontinental Championship
Christian vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane vs. The Miz. Everyone is being dragged into the AJ love fest. Since Christian happens to have a belt, naturally the men will end up targeting the IC Title.

Fatal 4 Way for the Tag Team Championship
Kofi/R-Truth vs. Primo/Epico vs. Prime Time Players vs. Hunico/Camacho.

Ryback vs. Jack Swagger.

TWO Pre-Show Matches

Brodus Clay vs. Johnny Curtis. Brodus Clay needs someone to go over, and since they've shown to have decent chemistry in the ring, I picked Dirty Curty.

Alex Riley & Zack Ryder vs. Antonio Cesaro & Damien Sandow. Ryder & Sandow seem to be feuding, and Riley/Cesaro have been having random matches on Superstars, NXT tapings and some dark matches/house shows.