PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sheamus

JamFran
07-16-2012, 05:21 PM
I'e been wondering this for a while now: Has Sheamus ever tapped out? Sheamus has been against a lot of submission "experts" in the past, but has he ever submitted? This got me wondering what other wrestlers have gone without tapping out and will he ever submit?

Asherdelampyr
07-16-2012, 05:23 PM
I do not believe so. or at least not on the main roster.

Other ones, John Cena, and technically Undertaker. SCSA as well.

HeelTurn
07-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I do not believe so. or at least not on the main roster.

Other ones, John Cena, and technically Undertaker. SCSA as well.

Cena and Austin have tapped out before, tot he likes of Benoit, Angle, Jericho.

Sheamus will have probably tapped out at house shows but possibly not on TV, he passed out at ER.

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Yep. He's tapped out. He tapped out to John Cena @ a house show in Belfast. Oh and Asher, SCSA has tapped out and Cena has numerous times.

Asherdelampyr
07-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Yep. He's tapped out. He tapped out to John Cena @ a house show in Belfast. Oh and Asher, SCSA has tapped out and Cena has numerous times.
for some reason I thought SCSA never tapped, odd.

JamFran
07-16-2012, 05:30 PM
So he has tapped out at a house show at least. But has he ever been shown to tap out on television? I remember him passing out at EC which is one of the reasons I've been wondering this.

Dennis
07-16-2012, 05:30 PM
I think submissions need to come back as actual ways to finish a match.. did rick flair get anyone to tap out with the figure four leg lock in his last 5 years in the wwe?

Lowki
07-16-2012, 05:48 PM
for some reason I thought SCSA never tapped, odd.
Austin tapped to Jericho and Benoit in a tag match although he tapped for over a minute before earl hebner would ring the bell because "Austin has never tapped out before" so Hebner didn't believe he was tapping, or some shizz.

Undertaker has against Angle (although he tapped as the ref counted 3 causing a draw) but CM punk actually became the first person to make him tap out.

Cena has tapped out too; Benoit has definitely made him submit. I also think Y2J has made him tap too.

I think these are the only people to never tap at a televised event;
Ultimate Warrior
Bill Goldberg
Roddy Piper
Scott Steiner
Ken Shamrock
Sheamus

Asherdelampyr
07-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Austin tapped to Jericho and Benoit in a tag match although he tapped for over a minute before earl hebner would ring the bell because "Austin has never tapped out before" so Hebner didn't believe he was tapping, or some shizz.

Undertaker has against Angle (although he tapped as the ref counted 3 causing a draw) but CM punk actually became the first person to make him tap out.

Cena has tapped out too; Benoit has definitely made him submit. I also think Y2J has made him tap too.

Ultimate Warrior
Bill Goldberg
Roddy Piper
Scott Steiner
Ken Shamrock
Sheamus
I'd be more willing to listen to him than me if I were you (Did that make sense?)

MachoManFan
07-16-2012, 06:52 PM

Ultimate Warrior
Bill Goldberg
Roddy Piper
Scott Steiner
Ken Shamrock
Sheamus

I thought that was a screwjob. I vaguely remember it and remember thinking it was a bad way to be a first submission loss.

OT: I'm sure Sheamus has tapped out, on TV. I just can't remember who to.

BadAndy
07-16-2012, 08:18 PM
I think submissions need to come back as actual ways to finish a match.. did rick flair get anyone to tap out with the figure four leg lock in his last 5 years in the wwe?

Um, Del Rio's finisher is a submission hold. Also, remember the Yes Lock? There are a few that are prominent. I always like how you'd have the wrestlers suddenly start displaying holds when certain ppv's came up then stopped using them right after. HHH was always one that did that. As for the figure four, I think most times it was just reversed so both felt a little pain from it.

The Brown One
07-17-2012, 01:23 AM

Ultimate Warrior
Bill Goldberg
Roddy Piper
Scott Steiner
Ken Shamrock
Sheamus

That wasn't for real though. It was a screwjob, like someone else said here.

OT: I can't remember seeing Sheamus tap out and LOSE a match. I think hes tapped out outside of a match though, during someone jumping him.
P.S. Who has Daniel Bryan tapped out to in the WWE?

bcfccalum
07-17-2012, 08:05 AM
im sure i've seen sheamus tap out when he was heel.

was actually thinking the other day, do the top faces ever tap out? cant think of when i've actually seen it happen

Cabers
07-17-2012, 02:56 PM
I think he has tapped on TV or pPV before but i am unsure to who.

Cabers
07-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh and for you who think he can't!

It cannot be unseen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqmoiWI8c3Q

ewantu2
07-17-2012, 02:59 PM
House shows don't count lol.

Dennis
07-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Um, Del Rio's finisher is a submission hold. Also, remember the Yes Lock? There are a few that are prominent. I always like how you'd have the wrestlers suddenly start displaying holds when certain ppv's came up then stopped using them right after. HHH was always one that did that. As for the figure four, I think most times it was just reversed so both felt a little pain from it.
they don't win title matches with these moves though (usually).. and that is only two superstars (side note bryan is my favorite wrestler and del rio is in my top five favorite) out of how many who actually use a submission almost every match to actually try to win the match

HeelTurn
07-17-2012, 06:50 PM
That wasn't for real though. It was a screwjob, like someone else said here.

OT: I can't remember seeing Sheamus tap out and LOSE a match. I think hes tapped out outside of a match though, during someone jumping him.
P.S. Who has Daniel Bryan tapped out to in the WWE?

If Sheamus ever tapped on TV it would have probably been during his initial feud with Cena.

As far as Bryan he has tapped out to Del Rio before, and possibly Regal on NXT?

Pumpkinhead
07-17-2012, 10:25 PM
I think Sheamus has never tapped out on TV, going back to his past feuds:

HHH: doesn't use submission manuvers
Cena: Honestly I' can't remember, I think has never pinned him too
Bryan: He got the upper hand both as face and heel in their bouts
Del Rio: No
Henry: same as Haitch
Orton : No too

yeah I think he never tapped out before