PDA

View Full Version : If you controlled the WWE

Double Axehandle
07-16-2012, 12:28 PM
How would you run things? How would you book the top faces or heels? How many ppv's would you have per year? Who would be the face of your company? What theme would you have eg 80s style, ecw style, pg era etc? Who would you hire and fire for your wwe?

This should be fun. Thanks to playboy Stevie for giving me the idea.

Kenny Kaos
07-16-2012, 12:49 PM
In no real order:

TOP FACES

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Christian
Seth Rollins
The Miz
Daniel Brayn

TOP HEELS

John Cena
Sheamus
Dean Ambrose
Wade Barret
Bray Wyatt
Damien Sandow

PUSHED MORE:

Tyler Rekks
Curt Hawkins
Heath Slater
Ricardo Rodreigez (in ring!)
Tyson Kidd
Jack Swagger

BRING BACK:

William Regal
Taka Michanogo
Tajir
Kurt Angel
RVD
Mr. Kennedy

JOBBERS or FE'd:

Zack Ryder
Del Rio
Big Show

Goodbye PG TV...HELLO TV 14!
I'd have a PPV every 2 months, so you can have story line and feud's properly develop and not be thrown together last minute
6 PPV'S: Rumble, Summerslam, Survivors Series, Wrestlemania, Money in the Bank and King of the Ring
I.C. title defended every week on Smackdown
U.S. title defended every week on Raw
Tag title defended every 2 weeks
Women's matches only on Superstars and occasion PPV's
Bring back the hardcore title
Replace Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole with Jim Ross and William Regal/Matt Striker

Playboy Stevie V
07-16-2012, 01:00 PM
First off I would get rid of any wrestler, regardless how good he is off TV who can't work a mic or a crowd. I don't care who it is.

I would get rid of Smackdown and rename it Nitro. I would set it up just like the old WCW. I would split my roster in half like the E used to do. Different everything... announcers, wrestlers, refs...everything. Under no circumstances are the wrestlers allowed to cross brands and wrestle. Make it like they are really two different promotions. DO separate ppvs for each brand. The only time brands share a ppv are at the Royal Rumble, EC, WM, Summer Slam, Bragging Rights and Survivor Series. You can build cross brand rivalries during those ppvs.

Spinner belt, GONE.

I'd make a shit load of tag teams and split the belts again. One for Nitro, One for RAW. I'd have a STRONG emphases on tag team wrestling.

I'd copy something that TNA actually did with the X-division championship, to bring back more excitement and meaning to the mid card titles. Whoever is the US or IC champ by Survivor Series gives up their title and faces their brands champion. During that PPV they have a tournament to crown new mid card champs, king of the ring style.

I might consider bringing back the cruiser and lt heavy championship depending on staffing.

I'd split the Divas and Woman's championship and place them on Raw and Nitro. And any diva who can not wrestle is gone. It's not all about looks. I'd drain the indy and TNA scene and stack my divas with actual athletes who can pull off a botch free athletic match for more than 5 minutes.

I'd drain TNA and the Indys for any good mouthpieces to make as managers. This would help me retain some wrestlers who are okay on the mic, but not great and those occasional wrestlers whose character is not suppose to talk. I'd try my best to find the next Bobby Heenan, for instance.

The Draft would be a ppv and one more inter promotional ppv that is held right after WM. I would offer this ppv free to whoever bought the road to WM package.

That would be my ground work. I'd have to see what happens from there to figure out what direction I would go afterwards.

Thanks for the mention!

MachoManFan
07-16-2012, 01:09 PM
I've got a feeling this could turn into an essay but the short version is:

I'd keep Raw and Smackdown PG. I'd scrap Superstars and NXT for a 3rd and 4th show dedicated to, but not exclusively for, tag teams, cruiserweights and Women's wrestling. I'd have one show that would be TV-14 but would be so due to violence and swearing, not sleaze.

I'd change the PPV format so that there were only 6 paid for PPVs in the calender, the other 6 would be PPV style supershows which would air FOC and be used to hype that actual PPV.

My face of the company would the the man (or woman) who is consistantly capable of drawing the most money through PPV sales, memorabilia and ticket sales. My heel would be the same. I would place an emphasis on wrestling skill and showmanship so that the audience comes to expect a changing face / heel combo in the main event and not John Cena.

I'd try and promote a new era rather than hark back to what's gone but my inspiration would come more from the '80s than AE. I couldn't say now who I'd hire / fire but most of the top end of the TNA roster would be on the hire list. The nearest to the fires would be Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio (retire rather than fire).

Edit: I forgot to say I'd have the commentary team actually call the moves in the match and have someone like Striker who can describe what a move is doing to the opponent. It would be a fireable offence for commentary to do what they did last night when Punk hurt his RIGHT arm and Daniel Bryan applied the Yes Lock to the LEFT only for Cole to say, "...the yes lock applied to Punk's bad arm! "

benchch
07-16-2012, 01:35 PM
I'd stop the 30 mins of talk each opening of raw. have faster promos, more backstage promos before matches. Less recaps of what happened 5 mins ago.

I'd bring in 3d cameras/ a 360 super slow motion camera to make finishers look really effective when replayed.

John Cena can go on a world tour as ambassador of WWE for a year to cool off.
No more Big Show. No more Lawler matches.

More steel chairs and tables (doesn't mean more blood)
More dirty heels

Won't go 3 hours
Less PPV's a year. 8 is good

One Championship.

Bring back Mickey James.

No_1eddiefan
07-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Exactly as I do in the If I Were Vince McMahon threads...

Cheap plug ;)

Kenny Kaos
07-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Bring back the gold eagle belt
Bring back the championship scramble match

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 04:26 PM
-Have tag teams and cruiserweights have airtime with storylines. They don't have to be Oscar worthy or anything but some generic, recycled storylines that are able to be pulled off by both current WWE cruseriweights and FCW stars.
-Get NXT televised in America.
-Have the U.S title and the IC title featured more often in feuds, title defenses, etc.
-I would have Kharma start a path of destruction on the Divas roster and have someone, Beth or AJ, take her on.
-Replace the WWE Championship title with the Undisputed Championship title.
-Less PPV's

pgarcia79
07-16-2012, 05:09 PM
I would aquire an existing promotion (tna, roh), and continue to let the promotion operate as normal. Thus letting it seem as if it is still a seperate entity. This would allow competition to still exist between the brands, but would ultimately be under the corporate umbrella of WWE. In theory that's what I would do, but I'm sure it's more complicated than that and easier said than done.

JamFran
07-16-2012, 05:13 PM
first thing I'd do is completely revamp the creative team... Actually hire bookers and have writers work along side of them. I'd have each championship have a unique booker in charge of said title, and have 4 or 5 writers for each show. I'd make all scripts finalized 12 hours before he show, and have a long term layout for each proposed storyline (at least on month in advance).

I would resplit the rosters into 3: Raw, Smackdown, and NXT. I'd merge NXT & Superstars into one unique show that showcases the lower and mid card as well as trains rookies. I'd have a "scout" from both Smackdown and Raw on NXT to possibly recruit to the perspective shows.

I'd combine the US & Intercontental titles, while bring back the Cruiserweight and Hardcore titles, and would add a title to unique NXT. I would add more enphamis to tag teams and only hire females who know how to wrestle. I'd bring back managers and vallets, turn all the eyecandy Divas into vallets or get rid of them I would bring back the requirement of defending each title at least once every 30 days.

Both Raw and Smackdown would have 3 unique PPVs, and there would be 6 joint ppvs, makin 12 total. One a month.

Each show will have a unique feel, be something a little different than the others.

Destruction
07-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Tensai vs The Great Khali for every title in the WWE in 3 hour IronMan matches every show