PDA

View Full Version : Why Does WWE Do This

Wrestling Realist
07-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Last nights MITB ppv was great but what I did find really odd was the two raw moments highlights for the 1000th raw of Foley and Jericho. Well the first one was Foley which highlighted his first time he won WWE Championship of course WWE takes their shots at WCW like normal. But what really seemed odd was they piped out the crowd cheering cause I remember that night and I had to turn down the TV cause the Crowd exploded and it was deafening and lasted for 5 minutes, they also did it later with Jericho's highlight of his debut which was not as loud but still really loud why down play two huge moments. Then I realizing that today's crowds don't get as rowdy (mainly cause as Cena said most of WWE viewers are 9 years old) but why tarnish a part of your own wrestling history just seem unnecessary. I just think instead bring one of greatest era down to today standards why not this Era up to that Era's standard.

Oh and I don't mean go back to the attitude era and drop PG, Just get the audience more hyped up like they used to

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-16-2012, 06:27 AM
It had all to do with the current product, not the demographic of today. If you look on WWE.com, something like 75% of their audience is over 21 years old. People are just not invested into today's product like they were 10-15 years ago. Those people in the crowd with Foley lived and breathed the WWE so they would go crazy.

Wrestling Realist
07-16-2012, 06:39 AM
It had all to do with the current product, not the demographic of today. If you look on WWE.com, something like 75% of their audience is over 21 years old. People are just not invested into today's product like they were 10-15 years ago. Those people in the crowd with Foley lived and breathed the WWE so they would go crazy.
but it the only funny thing Cena said in years it's the only reason I put that part there, plus some of those people over 21 are those kids parents, also they need to get the fans more invest in the product not just Cena or the returning flavour of the month (Rock or Lesnar)

bartish2
07-16-2012, 07:23 AM
why care when the same guy wins everything?

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 07:38 AM

You mean CM Punk? Or Ryback? No. Maybe...Sheamus?

akbar
07-16-2012, 08:32 AM
What about the other guy?

Wade Barrett 1979
07-16-2012, 08:55 AM

I have to give you props for persistence!

lolcheelol
07-16-2012, 09:29 AM

i honestly don't understand, will u guys ever be happy? stop watching wwe if you hate it so much. go watch roh or tna. if you want them to change it, STOP WATCHING. wwe has made huge leaps, they had tyson kidd in a match where he had some great moments. lets not forget last year when daniel bryan won the briefcase. ziggler won this year, what else do u want?

Beserker
07-16-2012, 09:58 AM
i honestly don't understand, will u guys ever be happy? stop watching wwe if you hate it so much. go watch roh or tna. if you want them to change it, STOP WATCHING. wwe has made huge leaps, they had tyson kidd in a match where he had some great moments. lets not forget last year when daniel bryan won the briefcase. ziggler won this year, what else do u want?

^^^^^^
This if I don't like a show i turn it off not that hard

Kenny Kaos
07-16-2012, 10:04 AM

Meeeow! ;)

I don't like Cena, but he keeps the kids happy, puts smiles on their faces. We were all young once, I used to mark out for Hulk Hogan *shudders*

I am a fan of CM Punk but to be honest I'm getting bored of his title run. Bryan deserves a little run with the belt now, him and Punk have put on some excellent matches. I think Punk has been a good champion, but time for a change soon

evilgenius780
07-16-2012, 10:10 AM
^^^^^^
This if I don't like a show i turn it off not that hard

Exactly, the product may not be the best I've ever seen it, but TV in general has gone downhill, and it is better then all of the other crap that is out there. Why watch a show you hate?

Jayoholic
07-16-2012, 11:48 AM
You're tired of seeing the same thing. Well, I'm tired of hearing the same complaint. We cancel each out. Find something new to cry about.

Lowki
07-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Exactly, the product may not be the best I've ever seen it, but TV in general has gone downhill, and it is better then all of the other crap that is out there. Why watch a show you hate?
Barney Stinson > Raw

Cabers
07-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately due to the internet not to many surprises happen anymore and another point is that the quality of wrestler isn't as high i to remember someone like Kane returning and the place exploding and liken it to his latest return. (I picked him as he was around during two different eras, this purely to show crowd reaction).

Dennis
07-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Barney Stinson > Raw
first off raw is better.. second off lily>barney

rodrik
07-16-2012, 05:09 PM

brodus clay? any returning legend that faces slater? :cool:

rodrik
07-16-2012, 05:12 PM

well u apparantly don't care, so here's a solution, it may be the hardest thing you'll ever do, but stay strong...press the button on top of your tv-remote, problem solved!

The Brown One
07-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Dude seriously..you made a thread for something as small as this? I hope you liked the PPV as much as I did, because it really had some good highlights in there.

RasslinGOOD
07-17-2012, 07:50 AM

Always one little bitch who had to leave a comment like this...

Why do you read this thread and comment about it? Same question really.

I watch what I watch, thank you. I watch stuff that isn't perfect, and I think about how it could be perfect. Nothing wrong with that unless you are some kind of drone who just watches stuff without processing it. The internet is a perfect place to share your thoughts and frustrations. Huge leaps? You mention 3. Ran out of steam, or that's it?

I bet you are currently Touting you ass off, just because RAW told you too...