PDA

View Full Version : This is what spoilers are made for

The Piper
07-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Crack jokes if you will, call me a TNA mark, but after MITB's pure predictability, I'm done with WWE for the while. I don't have a problem with Ziggler winning, or Punk retaining, or much else, it was just too predictable for my taste, so I'll be sticking to TNA and reading spoilers for the time being.

Did anyone actually get surprised at any time during MITB?

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 09:52 PM
This is what the ***SPOILER*** tag is made for.

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm guessing the part you didn't like was Cena winning. Am I wrong? :rolleyes:

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 09:54 PM
I know I didn't particularly care for it, but it was the predictable outcome. The PPV as a whole, was excellent.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-15-2012, 09:54 PM
This is what the ***SPOILER*** tag is made for.

Were you spoiled in a thread about spoilers? That's some dream inside a dream shit. #Inception

Tommy Thunder
07-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Yes, it was predictable for the most part, but that didnt' deter one bit from the quality of the ppv. The worst thing about it for me was how dead the crowd were at times.

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Were you spoiled in a thread about spoilers? That's some dream inside a dream shit. #Inception

Maybe..... :rolleyes:

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-15-2012, 09:56 PM
I know I didn't particularly care for it, but it was the predictable outcome. The PPV as a whole, was excellent.

It was very good though I do not like the order of things. The diva-RYBACK string slowed the momentum down. They really should have broken those matches up a bit more. Other than that, about as good as it gets from a WWE PPV these days. Can not complain.

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 09:59 PM
It was very good though I do not like the order of things. The diva-RYBACK string slowed the momentum down. They really should have broken those matches up a bit more. Other than that, about as good as it gets from a WWE PPV these days. Can not complain.

Even though the crowd was dead for it, it was the first time in a long time, you could vest into a Diva's Tag Match. It was good.

wrestlingfan66513
07-15-2012, 10:02 PM
It was predictable but it was still a pretty good PPV. 7/10 in my book. I just wish they advertise matches more instead of bombarding us with matches don't have a story with it.

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 10:04 PM
It was predictable but it was still a pretty good PPV. 7/10 in my book. I just wish they advertise matches more instead of bombarding us with matches don't have a story with it.

Every match actually had a story. Even the Ryback and Diva one.

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Diva's, 4 of the six have been feuding over the past few weeks or longer. Kaitlyn and Natalya have had an ongoing feud that actually hasn't been on TV, but played out at Live Events over the last month. Phoenix and Layla, is a bit obvious.

Ryback has had a mini-feud with Hawkins and Reks over the last 3 weeks leading into tonight.

Every other match, the story is obvious.

wrestlingfan66513
07-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Diva's, 4 of the six have been feuding over the past few weeks or longer. Kaitlyn and Natalya have had an ongoing feud that actually hasn't been on TV, but played out at Live Events over the last month. Phoenix and Layla, is a bit obvious.

Ryback has had a mini-feud with Hawkins and Reks over the last 3 weeks leading into tonight.

Every other match, the story is obvious.

I am not buying it on the Diva excuse. Layla and Beth have had little TV time and just show up for the PPV match, I am not counting live events since the WWE does not take that into consideration on their shows. It was just a round up of who's available backstage. Also the Tag title match had no build.

akbar
07-15-2012, 10:16 PM
CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan was top-notch. I was rooting for Daniel Bryan to win but I was still happy CM Punk retained. Whether their match tonight topped their other match at Over The Limit I'm not sure but that match was just wonderful. Kudos to both Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. I'll admit it, AJ is kinda entertaining.
Punk took a beating tonight! Them kicks and Stick shots were brutal.

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 10:27 PM
I am not buying it on the Diva excuse. Layla and Beth have had little TV time and just show up for the PPV match, I am not counting live events since the WWE does not take that into consideration on their shows. It was just a round up of who's available backstage. Also the Tag title match had no build.

I'm not buying this. Ok, I'll let the live events go for a sec, but that bolded part. It isn't just buying it, I call Bullshit. There has been plenty of build up for them to be in that particular match. Since Layla has returned, they have logged more TV time than every diva but AJ. The only reason they don't give any Diva but AJ TV time is because they have not trust in the abilities of any other Diva. But to say there was no build is a damn farce.

And Live Events have been used before to start feuds. IE: Santino Marella winning the US belt off of Umaga, Edge beating Jeff Jarrett for the Intercontinental Title on his first appearance in the WWE.

So that is a bit more valid than you probably like to think.

You are someone who normally makes a bunch of sense, but you dropped the ball here.

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 10:28 PM
CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan was top-notch. I was rooting for Daniel Bryan to win but I was still happy CM Punk retained. Whether their match tonight topped their other match at Over The Limit I'm not sure but that match was just wonderful. Kudos to both Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. I'll admit it, AJ is kinda entertaining.

It doesn't, but it was the most brutal match of the night. The most brutal Spot of the night goes to Sin Cara getting Powerbombed on the ladder by Albert....Tensai.

eyehatecena
07-15-2012, 10:50 PM
A Layla v Beth match would have made much more sense as the very little TV time they have gotten looked to be leading to a Diva's title match. The could have saved a tag match like this for Raw or SD.

I wish I would have filled out the MITB prediction- all the matches listed in it- I picked the winners- a surprise entrance in Mitb- I guessed him too. Predictable outcomes no matter how great some of the action was.