PDA

View Full Version : Cena is bigger than the belt

Double Axehandle
07-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Every time he's in the main event over the wwe championship match it takes the prestige away from the belt. At this point any feud for any title not involving cena is merely a filler on the card. Cena is the face of the company we get it but even when Hogan was bigger than the belt they still had the decency to put the title match on last. Who is making these calls to put cena on last for every ppv?

Btw I am a cena fan not a hater but even I agree this is becoming ridiculous.

DK Wrestling Savior
07-15-2012, 08:56 PM
I cannot believe the WWE Title match isn't last. Ugh.

thomas89
07-15-2012, 08:57 PM
I cannot believe the WWE Title match isn't last. Ugh.

I know. WWE jus fucked up by putting the WWE title up now before the money in the bank match for the WWe title. They could of had the money in the bank match and have either a twist with the winner that is somehow connected to AJ and have that person added to the storyline, and be the true person she loves, or simply have the person at the the end beat them both up and at the end and/or maybe cash in the briefcase oe something. Just expressing what was on my mind there if you see any sense in what ive written here

Dennis
07-15-2012, 09:06 PM
well maybe it's because they are going to have a suprise for the last match? so they wanted to end on a surprising note?

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Ugggh. Here we go again. -_-

Let it go, people. Order doesn't matter.

thomas89
07-15-2012, 09:08 PM
WWE jus fucked up by putting the WWE title up now before the money in the bank match for the WWe title. They could of had the money in the bank match and have either a twist with the winner that is somehow connected to AJ and have that person added to the storyline, and be the true person she loves, or simply have the person at the the end beat them both up and at the end and/or maybe cash in the briefcase oe something. Just expressing what was on my mind there if you see any sense in what ive written hereE

bearkg88
07-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Ive skimmed the results so far, and from what I see, for being originally pegged as a 4 match PPV, it seems like most of the matches have been good. In my opinion, it shouldnt matter the order as long as the matches are good/great. As long as the WWE MITB is good or great, then why complain? :D

bartish2
07-15-2012, 09:17 PM
because wwe sucks & they have to put their posterboy constantly in the spotlight to please all the kids. yes, thats what the company has come to lmfao. even giving cena a MITB briefcase or his 13th world title loses even more prestige. 12 titles in 6 years, wow that spells prestige.

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 09:18 PM
People will bitch about anything, won't they?

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I can see it now - Cena wins, internet goes crazy with anger. His win will overshadow just about everything to many people (and overshadow the WWE headlines).

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-15-2012, 09:19 PM

Normally I would concur but it has been like 7 (?) months since the belts closed the show.

Dennis
07-15-2012, 09:23 PM
I can see it now - Cena wins, internet goes crazy with anger. His win will overshadow just about everything to many people (and overshadow the WWE headlines).
I think that is going to happen as well but lets me more optimistic haha

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 09:24 PM
See, if people were more angry about the WWE Championship not being in the main event MORE than Cena in the main event, I might give them sympathy. But everyone seems to forget that Jericho's in the main event, too. I'd think that these smarks would appreciate that.

Double Axehandle
07-15-2012, 09:26 PM

Normally I would concur but it has been like 7 (?) months since the belts closed the show.

That's why people are bitching Jelly. Well said Crack.

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 09:27 PM
That's why people are bitching Jelly. Well said Crack.

See, if people were more angry about the WWE Championship not being in the main event MORE than Cena in the main event, I might give them sympathy. But everyone seems to forget that Jericho's in the main event, too. I'd think that these smarks would appreciate that.

Posted again for prosperity.

Double Axehandle
07-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Posted again for prosperity.

Im sorry is Jericho the wwe champion?

I must be mistaken if he is because last time I checked the wwe title was being marginalized again by a cena match.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-15-2012, 09:32 PM

Can't deny that at all.

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Im sorry is Jericho the wwe champion?

I must be mistaken if he is because last time I checked the wwe title was being marginalized again by a cena match.

So are you more upset that the WWE Championship match isn't the main event or that John Cena is in the main event. And I stated the fact that Jericho is in the main event as a plus side for the WWE Champiosnhip match not being the main event. And I'll ask again: WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER? Is the match less exciting? Is it less entertaining? Is the crowd less involved?

Playboy Stevie V
07-15-2012, 09:34 PM
For the casual fan and kids, of course cenas matches are last, in case they wanna leave after seeing their hero.

As for me it doesnt matter. Punk and DB stole the show again. Awesome match for real fans.

bearkg88
07-15-2012, 09:38 PM
So are you more upset that the WWE Championship match isn't the main event or that John Cena is in the main event. And I stated the fact that Jericho is in the main event as a plus side for the WWE Champiosnhip match not being the main event. And I'll ask again: WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER? Is the match less exciting? Is it less entertaining? Is the crowd less involved?

HELL YEAH JELLY! That is an awesome point!

Dennis
For the casual fan and kids, of course cenas matches are last, in case they wanna leave after seeing their hero.

As for me it doesnt matter. Punk and DB stole the show again. Awesome match for real fans.
well said.. as cm punk said.. what ever slot punk vs db is in.. it's the main event

Playboy Stevie V
I'm not a cena fan, but to answer this forums question...yes cena is bigger than the championship right now. He's a bigger draw.

thomas89
07-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Yh but it does signify the importance of the titles and show prestige and worth. Just sayin

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-15-2012, 09:40 PM
It would be nice if WWE actually treated the titles like the most prestigious prize in wrestling as they claim but in reality Cena is a bigger draw with or without the belt.

However, if Cena was defending the title in the first match and Punk v DB (non-title) closed the show this would be a non-issue. Perspective.

thomas89
07-15-2012, 09:43 PM
The ppv is money in the bank afetr all that's another way of thinking of it

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-15-2012, 09:47 PM
And the internet goes crazy.

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 09:48 PM
And the internet goes crazy.

Be prepared. Brace yourself for a shitstorm of hate filled threads with poor grammer. And LegendsMadeWrestling will rally it all.

LegendsMadeWrestling
07-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Well keep cheering for him FUCKERS and that's what you gonna get the same ol shit and everyone FUCK OFF that's why I hate that guy straight PHONY

thomas89
07-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Even when cena hit the aa on show through the announce table, he didnt even have the grace to sell how heavy big show was after putting him through he just started talking crap like he just took a steroid shot or something, just sayin

Double Axehandle
07-15-2012, 09:49 PM

I'll make it clearer for you. I am upset that cena has once again marginalized the wwe title by taking the last spot on the card, i.e. I want to see the wwe title (supposedly the thing all wrestlers in the wwe want) as the last match. The most significant match should always be the last one. I fail to see how a number one contender match takes precedent over the title they're trying to earn a match for. Clear?

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Be prepared. Brace yourself for a shitstorm of hate filled threads with poor grammer. And LegendsMadeWrestling will rally it all.

Told you. And in record time. :p

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 09:51 PM
I'll make it clearer for you. I am upset that cena has once again marginalized the wwe title by taking the last spot on the card, i.e. I want to see the wwe title (supposedly the thing all wrestlers in the wwe want) as the last match. The most significant match should always be the last one. I fail to see how a number one contender match takes precedent over the title they're trying to earn a match for. Clear?

Nope. It still shouldn't matter what order the matches go in. It doesn't effect how enjoyable the match is so it shouldn't matter.

Mr. Ziggles
07-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Nope. It still shouldn't matter what order the matches go in. It doesn't effect how enjoyable the match is so it shouldn't matter.

I don't think you understand the whole point of a main event.

Double Axehandle
07-15-2012, 09:55 PM

To each his own. You obviously like movies that have great openings and flat incoherent endings. Why the analogy? How many cena matches have been better than every match that preceded it? Ryback is about the only match cena can top.

Skyward Cinema
07-15-2012, 09:56 PM
It's so easy to criticize. So easy to sit back and take potshots. The man has been 100% about this business for over 10 years now, giving everything he's got to the fans, the industry, and still, there are those who are too blinded by their need to project their own inner rage for being a failure at those that work hard, bust ass, and succeed. I may not be Cena's biggest fan, but I respect the man a hundred fold. Especially for the crap he's had to go through in his personal life recently.

I for one congratulate Mr. Cena and look forward to his undoubted match with CM Punk down the road.

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't think you understand the whole point of a main event.

Okay. So b/c Punk v. Bryan didn't close the show, that should mean that the match isn't good, correct?

wrestlingfan66513
07-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Told you. And in record time. :p

I was about to say something but you beat me to it lol.

On topic, I don't see anyone complaining about the Ryback match and the divas tag match being after the WWE title match, so I can assume the people complaining just hate Cena. What if Cena faces Punk at SS but the main event is HHH vs Lesner, will we see this thread again?

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 09:58 PM
I was about to say something but you beat me to it lol.

On topic, I don't see anyone complaining about the Ryback match and the divas tag match being after the WWE title match, so I can assume the people complaining just hate Cena. What if Cena faces Punk at SS but the main event is HHH vs Lesner, will we see this thread again?

Exactly. Plus, Jericho, Kane, Big Show AND The Miz were in that match. No bitching there. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Krysys
07-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Well keep cheering for him FUCKERS and that's what you gonna get the same ol shit and everyone FUCK OFF that's why I hate that guy straight PHONY

Ok we get it! You're angry.. Nobody cares

Rick BoA
07-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Go figure, Cena wins. As if he needs more title reigns.

Rockstar83
07-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Well I knew this was gonna happen, im gonna give up on wrestling and move on to something else Cena wont kill for me.

Krysys
07-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Exactly. Plus, Jericho, Kane, Big Show AND The Miz were in that match. No bitching there. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Cena won and that is all they see. They neglect to notice that others are also involved (That's how it always is), some are even loved by us (Jericho and Miz), but it all tumbles down to Cena.

akbar
07-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Not hating but MITB was shit, Smackdown match had more potential to do crazy stuff with their high flyers but they did fuck all. AJ really didn't anything controversial like it was played out to be, she was just a normal ref but the match itself was good, it was always going to be with Punk and DB.
It was fun seeing Ryback not dominating completely.
Raw MITB was half decent.
People don't understand how important shock factor is when it comes to excitement, enjoyment etc...look at Destination X

MITB 4.6/10

thomas89
07-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Just to take the piss and change the subject, even when big show was on that heavy duty ladder someone at the end of that tussle to get off someone should have run up the ladder and clotheslined him off the top. Also when jericho and cena were at the top jericho should have done a codebreaker from near enough the top. That's got to be good.

bearkg88
07-15-2012, 10:05 PM

Kudos to K2 for calling that one

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Best Tweet of the Night (not me): John Cena only has 6 months to cash in because his wife is getting the other half!

IrkenInvader
07-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Of course he is bigger, the belt is 7.5 pounds and Cena is 250.

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Cena won and that is all they see. They neglect to notice that others are also involved (That's how it always is), some are even loved by us (Jericho and Miz), but it all tumbles down to Cena.

That's true but remember one thing; this thread was made before Cena even won. That speaks even more volumes IMO.

thomas89
07-15-2012, 10:07 PM
That is good point I thought that added insult to injury though

Castanedaa99
07-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Ugggh. Here we go again. -_-

Let it go, people. Order doesn't matter.

That's like saying the main event of a boxing event everyone wants to see can be first or in the middle. People wouldnt stand for it.

wrestlingfan66513
All we're missing tonight is a "I am done with the WWE" thread that appears when Cena wins lol. And then the next night they watch Raw come back and complain.

thomas89
That is a very good point you know, I thought that added insult to injury though

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
All we're missing tonight is a "I am done with the WWE" thread that appears when Cena wins lol. And then the next night they watch Raw come back and complain.

You're not looking in the right place! One started up somewhere already.

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 10:09 PM
That's like saying the main event of a boxing event everyone wants to see can be first or in the middle. People wouldnt stand for it.

This isn't boxing. THIS IS WRESTLING. And besides, even in that scenario, will the match be worse if it's not in the main event?

akbar
07-15-2012, 10:12 PM
On a happier note: Dolph won and will get pushed to the WHC main event soon, Why ain't people talking about this, isn't it what IWC have always wanted?

thomas89
07-15-2012, 10:13 PM
No title changes at all tonight. Also the WWE is just like the 1980's right now.

Grind_Bastard
07-15-2012, 10:13 PM

Man, I thought you knew, better. paraphrasing Finlay, Our name is the IWC and we love to bitch LOL!!!

yeah, I did bitch in the chat, I admit it. Then again, I knew this was happening, I chose Cena in the prediction contest.

And offtopic, but still bitching, why bring back masked Kane when you're booking Big Show stronger? Kane is miles better than Show in the ring and in the mic.

Grind_Bastard
07-15-2012, 10:14 PM
On a happier note: Dolph won and will get pushed to the WHC main event soon, Why ain't people talking about this, isn't it what IWC have always wanted?

because we love bitching!!! LOL.

but you're right, I marked for Dolph!!!

Mark_Anout
07-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Awesome!!:

Of course he is bigger, the belt is 7.5 pounds and Cena is 250.

They just need to put the belt back on Cena. Then the championship match and the main event will be one and the same. Problem solved.

wrestlingfan66513
07-15-2012, 10:15 PM
You're not looking in the right place! One started up somewhere already.

Lol, I saw it. We need to keep track of those comments and see how long before they complain again.

Pumpkinhead
07-15-2012, 10:16 PM
So Punk and Bryan, two guys the IWC ever dream to compete in the E' fought for the WWE title 3 PPV's in a row and some people still complaints!!!

Grind_Bastard
07-15-2012, 10:17 PM
So Punk and Bryan, two guys the IWC ever dream to compete in the E' fought for the WWE title 3 PPV's in a row and some people still complaints!!!

I complain because probably this means not a 1 hour submissions count anywhere match at SS, either between the two or a three way with Jericho. :)

LegendsMadeWrestling
07-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Ok we get it! You're angry.. Nobody cares

But then yet again your on here replying to me nobody cares then if you don't like my comment don't write shit!!!

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 10:22 PM
[/B]

But then yet again your on here replying to me nobody cares then if you don't like my comment don't write shit!!!

You know what's funny? You're bashing John Cena for being predictable yet every single time you bash him, you use the same lines and material over and over again. How's that for being predictable?

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
I complain because probably this means not a 1 hour submissions count anywhere match at SS, either between the two or a three way with Jericho. :)

That sounds awful. It needs to be a 1-hour submissions count anywhere on a pole match.

rhyno535
I just need to share my comment, even if its good or bad. Well for the guys who complain about the main event spot, face it. It doesnt matter who is in the main event as long as the match is good. And for this PPV the match sucked in my opinion and should not have been in the main event. For the whole PPV, it was average. Some nice spots here and there but nothing im going to remember in a couple of month. Some fun fact while we are talking about main events, Cena from MITB 2011- MITB 2012 has main evented 11 out 14 PPVs. I then compared Cena with Steve Austin and The Rock. The Rock from Fully Loaded 2000- King of The ring 2001 has main evented 8 out 14 PPVs. And Steve Austin from Fully Loaded 1998 - Fully Loaded 1999 12 out of 14 PPVs. Just facts to all you Cena Haters, and im one of them.

hiphopjunkie
07-15-2012, 10:24 PM
I am by no means a Cena fan, so this will sounds biased. The WWE put all their eggs in one basket with Cena. They didn't take a chance with others. So now they think they can't draw without them. That's the sad part: No one else gets the opportunities that Cena gets and it sucks. Other sports will give other athletes a chance . Throw them in the shit and see what happens. I know that THIS IS WRESTLING but i'm pretty sure they want to at least seem realistic. My main point is PUT YOUR WRESTLERS IN SITUATIONS WHERE THEY CAN SHINE!!! Without that, it seems like WWE only has faith in Cena and thats not a solid long-term business plan.

CM Rock-Austin
07-15-2012, 10:24 PM
I would love to see that!

bearkg88
07-15-2012, 10:25 PM
You know what's funny? You're bashing John Cena for being predictable yet every single time you bash him, you use the same lines and material over and over again. How's that for being predictable?

You know what's even funnier, this is coming from the guy who said a month or two ago he was done watching Raw, and yet..here he is bashing Cena...hmm

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 10:27 PM
I am by no means a Cena fan, so this will sounds biased. The WWE put all their eggs in one basket with Cena. They didn't take a chance with others. So now they think they can't draw without them. That's the sad part: No one else gets the opportunities that Cena gets and it sucks. Other sports will give other athletes a chance . Throw them in the shit and see what happens. I know that THIS IS WRESTLING but i'm pretty sure they want to at least seem realistic. My main point is PUT YOUR WRESTLERS IN SITUATIONS WHERE THEY CAN SHINE!!! Without that, it seems like WWE only has faith in Cena and thats not a solid long-term business plan.

Let me put this in perspective for you: do you care about what you think of a match or do you care about what other people think? If your mentality surrounds the former, then you shouldn't care about what match is placed where. Sure, the casual fan might think that a main event match is the most important but us smarks tend to care for the matches that actually put on the best performance regardless of where they are so if you thought that CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan was the best match of the night then they had a chance to shine right? And in the end, that's all that matters.

hiphopjunkie
07-15-2012, 10:42 PM
I just don't like that Cena won. I hate the whole "superhero coming to save the day" storyline. If they don't watch it with Cena, he's gonna have a major injury and they won't have a solid backup plan. Its not that the WWE champion wasn't the "main event" it's that Cena has been stale for 4 years and they refuse to change it up.

Bralon23
07-15-2012, 11:03 PM
WWE didn't put Cena as the face of their company because they wanted to, we the fans did. We dictate who the next big thing is. WWE is just the platform for the superstars to do their best to get over and be the biggest star. Cena, like Rock, Austin and Hogan before him, took the ball and ran with it. He's the biggest draw in professional wrestling today. He's over. Whether you hate him or love him, you're watching him because he's the biggest wrestler on the face of the planet today. Who would you replace Cena's marketability with? They've tried to get CM Punk over and he was for a while, but not at the level of Cena. So who are you going to replace Cena with right now?

rodrik
07-15-2012, 11:04 PM
[/B]

dude, if writing shit was a contest on this thread, you would be the undisputed champion lmfao

eyehatecena
07-15-2012, 11:06 PM

Wrestling is fake. WWE or any other organization will push those that bring in ratings/merch sales and bring fans to house shows. WWE takes chances on others than Cena and Orton at times- look at CM Punk, look at Bryan Danielson. As big a fan as I had always been of theirs, I figured WWE would ruin them, or miss use them as they have with others(hello Colt Cabana, hello Harry Smith, hello Gail Kim, hello Chavo, hello Jack Swagger, hello Nattie Neidhart)- but they took a chance on them and it worked out.

Like Cena or not, he is a great PR guy for WWE, he gets a reaction out of people- good or bad(ok both). He brings in money for WWE, kiddos love him

eyehatecena
07-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Wrestling is fake. WWE or any other organization will push those that bring in ratings/merch sales and bring fans to house shows. WWE takes chances on others than Cena and Orton at times- look at CM Punk, look at Bryan Danielson. As big a fan as I had always been of theirs, I figured WWE would ruin them, or miss use them as they have with others(hello Colt Cabana, hello Harry Smith, hello Gail Kim, hello Chavo, hello Jack Swagger, hello Nattie Neidhart)- but they took a chance on them and it worked out.

Like Cena or not, he is a great PR guy for WWE, he gets a reaction out of people- good or bad(ok both). He brings in money for WWE, kiddos love him

Yes, I am quoting myself. I just wanted to point out I am not a fan of Cena the 'wrestler' but I understand why he gets his push and why he is the face of WWE. Cena has had some good to great matches and really did not need thie MITB win, but WWE wants ratings/buy rates

BadAndy
07-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Honestly, I do understand why people are annoyed with the WWE championship not closing the show. I think it should at least close a PPV every now and then. Same goes for the World Heavyweight title.

But as long as the WWE World title holders put on one hell of a performance, than it really shouldn't matter that much as to where the WWE world title defenses are placed. The WWE title and World Heavyweight title have given us quality matches as viewers. I can't complain there. I rather have a WWE World title defense that can entertain me than a title defense that bores me.

Plus, John Cena has been in more high profile matches which is another reason why he has closed the show. Hes a bigger draw after all.

For about 2 seconds I had the thought cross my mind that the title belt wasn't the last match. Then I realized there was some damn good wrestling going on in both matches that I actually forgot that thought.

Big_D77
07-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Cena won the fugging briefcase from atop a GOLDEN ladder. Nuff said on where Cena and the title stand.

Double Axehandle
07-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Cena won the fugging briefcase from atop a GOLDEN ladder. Nuff said on where Cena and the title stand.

Cena holding the briefcase means more than cm punk holding the wwe championship...

How the fack did that happen???

Might as well make a cena only title like they have the "silver" and "super" champions in boxing.

I will reiterate I am a cena fan but this is too much.

K2Jelly
07-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Cena holding the briefcase means more than cm punk holding the wwe championship...

Might as well make a cena only title like they have the "silver" and "super" champions in boxing.

Because the match was 25 minutes after the WWE Championship match? Still don't see how that matters.

rodrik
07-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Because the match was 25 minutes after the WWE Championship match? Still don't see how that matters.

keep on trolling my friend :cool:

Big_D77
07-16-2012, 12:06 AM

I don't like Cena but I don't hate him. I just agree with what Punk and the Rock were saying: I'm tired of having Cena forced down my throat; I understand he's the face and the money maker but it's the title. The Raw MITB was decent but should have been before DB and Punk. It doesn't matter if the match is great or horrible, it's the title. To me the Smackdown MITB stole the show; Tyson Kidd.

Double Axehandle
07-16-2012, 12:08 AM

If you don't think cena is marginalizing the wwe and WHC titles then I'm afraid you are very ignorant. But I believe that you understand he is and you like to play the devils advocate and stir the pot.

Cena holding the briefcase means more than punk holding the title because ever single wwe related source has cena with the case and not the champ on the cover. Remember in the old days like ten years ago when the champ got the coverage because hey it's the champion and he's the best. Now its cena first, second and last for everything wwe. Take it from a cena fan this is getting over the top and I don't believe John is the one demanding a push it's the writers.

Too much of a good thing become bland very quickly.

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 12:09 AM
I don't like Cena but I don't hate him. I just agree with what Punk and the Rock were saying: I'm tired of having Cena forced down my throat; I understand he's the face and the money maker but it's the title. The Raw MITB was decent but should have been before DB and Punk. It doesn't matter if the match is great or horrible, it's the title. To me the Smackdown MITB stole the show; Tyson Kidd.

No one forces John Cena down your throat. No one's making you watch the match. You watch him on your own. And why does order matter to you so much? Do you care more for the fact that the WWE Championship match isn't in the main event or are you more upset that John Cena is?

Big_D77
07-16-2012, 12:13 AM
No one forces John Cena down your throat. No one's making you watch the match. You watch him on your own. And why does order matter to you so much? Do you care more for the fact that the WWE Championship match isn't in the main event or are you more upset that John Cena is?

I don't care about John Cena one bit. You jackass. I do not care about the order of the matches. You jackass. My point is that the title should go on last especially if they're so confident in Punk and DB. The top guy holds the title. They can give Cena all the accolades they want but if your "most prestigious" title (WWE's words) goes to the top guy, it should be the in main event slot.. You jackass.

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 12:18 AM
I don't care about John Cena on bit. You jackass. I do not care about the order of the matches. You jackass. My point is that the title should go on last especially if they're so confident in Punk and DB. You jackass.

You claim you don't care about John Cena yet you claim you're tired of having John Cena shoved down your throat? And if you don't care about the order of matches, why does DB v. Punk NOT being in main event bother you?

BTW, note how I didn't need to add derogatory statements after each sentence of my rebuttal. You might want to try that next time someone's engaging you in a civil conversation.

IrkenInvader
07-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Lets just sit back and watch the bans rack up.

http://h10.abload.de/img/rexgalliypqt.gif

Dennis
07-16-2012, 12:21 AM
]No one forces John Cena down your throat[/B]. No one's making you watch the match. You watch him on your own. And why does order matter to you so much? Do you care more for the fact that the WWE Championship match isn't in the main event or are you more upset that John Cena is?
I totally agree with you that it doesn't matter the order in which the matches play out but the match quality.. but I think you would agree with the fact that no matter what if john cena is on the card then some members of the IWC will attack everything the wwe does to promote their posterboy.. if they put punk bryan last they would complain they put cena ahead of the whc match.. if they put him on before del rio and sheamus they would complain that they spent more time promoting cenas match.. defending wwe creative and john cena to the iwc is a no win because john cena is the guy that kids love so in turn most members of the IWC HATE HIM...

Double Axehandle
07-16-2012, 12:22 AM
You claim you don't care about John Cena yet you claim you're tired of having John Cena shoved down your throat? And if you don't care about the order of matches, why does DB v. Punk NOT being in main event bother you?

BTW, note how I didn't need to add derogatory statements after each sentence of my rebuttal. You might want to try that next time someone's engaging you in a civil conversation.

Jelly would you care if punk and danielson for the wwe title were on first and given 10 minutes then cena vs show was last and given 45 minutes?

More relevant to Vince would you buy that ppv?

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Jelly would you care if punk and danielson for the wwe title were on first and given 10 minutes then cena vs show was last and given 45 minutes?

More relevant to Vince would you buy that ppv?

Heck no. But the only reason I wouldn't watch is because Punk v. Bryan was only given 10 minutes and I would know that ahead of time. And besides, you're scenario implies that the match order of a PPV would affect how much time they were going to put into it. It doesn't work that way in real life.

Double Axehandle
07-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Heck no. But the only reason I wouldn't watch is because Punk v. Bryan was only given 10 minutes and I would know that ahead of time. And besides, you're scenario implies that the match order of a PPV would affect how much time they were going to put into it. It doesn't work that way in real life.

Orly?

18 seconds ring a bell? First bout at mania anyone?

When was the last time a main event was given equal time to the first match?

The spot matters my friend because the earlier the card means generally the less time you get. But I'll let you look that up so you can prove me wrong.

IrkenInvader
07-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Orly?

The spot matters my friend because the earlier the card means generally the less time you get. But I'll let you look that up so you can prove me wrong.

When was the last time the Divas had the first match on the card.

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Orly?

1. We're not talking about the first match of the card. We're talking about the WWE Championship match.
2. Why should the first match be given more time than the main event?
3. Sheamus was booked to win under a minute @ WM 28. It wouldn't matter if it was the first match or not. It wouldn't be in the main event but it still would have happened even after the first slot or before the main event slot
4. The WWE Championship match between D-Bryan and Punk was given more time than the WWE Championship MITB Ladder Match. Look it up.

Double Axehandle
07-16-2012, 12:43 AM
1. We're not talking about the first match of the card. We're talking about the WWE Championship match.
2. Why should the first match be given more time than the main event?
3. Sheamus was booked to win under a minute @ WM 28. It wouldn't matter if it was the first match or not. It wouldn't be in the main event but it still would have happened even after the first slot or before the main event slot
4. The WWE Championship match between D-Bryan and Punk was given more time than the WWE Championship MITB Ladder Match. Look it up.

Whats the point in arguing with you?

Your end game is obviously to annoy until the other person gets banned and I'm sure that strategy works on kids. I'm not buying it.

Have yourself a good night.

Double Axehandle
07-16-2012, 12:45 AM
When was the last time the Divas had the first match on the card.

The divas shouldn't even be given a spot they're so irrelevant.

There I said it. :cool:

Giddy
07-16-2012, 12:46 AM
"John Cena was in the opening match, losing to Zack Ryder for the United States Title? The opening match is the second biggest match of the night, why wasn't a fast paced match there instead of Cena!?!?!"

:rolleyes:

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Whats the point in arguing with you?

Your end game is obviously to annoy until the other person gets banned and I'm sure that strategy works on kids. I'm not buying it.

Have yourself a good night.

How is that the case? I've offered nothing but sound proof with my argument and not once did I insult you for what you believe. If me having amiable discourse about a wrestling topic a.k.a the whole point of an orderly wrestling forum bothers you, then I have no idea why you were wasting your time having a discussion with me in the first place. However, if you feel you can't contain any feelings of butthurt or angst, when you're discussing with me, then I'm glad you walked away before things got ugly. A very mature move.

Giddy
07-16-2012, 12:50 AM
How is that the case? I've offered nothing but sound proof with my argument and not once did I insult you for what you believe. If me having amiable discourse about a wrestling topic a.k.a the whole point of an orderly wrestling forum bothers you, then I have no idea why you were wasting your time having a discussion with me in the first place. However, if you feel you can't contain any feelings of butthurt or angst, when you're discussing with me, then I'm glad you walked away before things got ugly. A very mature move.
hahaha, he has nothing else to try and prove you wrong XD

hbk2416
07-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Ive skimmed the results so far, and from what I see, for being originally pegged as a 4 match PPV, it seems like most of the matches have been good. In my opinion, it shouldnt matter the order as long as the matches are good/great. As long as the WWE MITB is good or great, then why complain? :D

The order of matches doesn't matter. To me, the best match of the night is the main event, not the match that finished the show. Most people just want to complain about something.

Playboy Stevie V
07-16-2012, 01:00 AM
This forum is very entertaining to read. John Cena equals numbers even on threads. WWE are geniuses. They have a pg rated kid friendly role model boy scouts to draw in families and the adults who HATE him and pray he botches a move bad enough to retire.

Regardless if you love him or hate him he draws even on these forums.

I'm not a cena fan, but my advice is if you want change and want Cena gone, dont watch WWE. Ill watch regardless cause im addicted to wrestling.

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 01:10 AM
hahaha, he has nothing else to try and prove you wrong XD

It looks that way to me.

Robstar
07-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Hmmmm. So when did Cena start making the calls as to who was going to win again? Oh that's right, he hasn't, he didn't and he will never. You want to direct your ire anywhere, you should be ripping apart Vince.

Damn, it's no wonder half of you don't have girlfriends.

Dennis
07-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Hmmmm. So when did Cena start making the calls as to who was going to win again? Oh that's right, he hasn't, he didn't and he will never. You want to direct your ire anywhere, you should be ripping apart Vince.

this made me laugh.. though you don't think that john cena can't press for wins at this point in his career? I mean he is the face... I'm not saying he does.. but you don't think he could?

rodrik
07-16-2012, 01:35 AM
hmmmm. So when did cena start making the calls as to who was going to win again? Oh that's right, he hasn't, he didn't and he will never. You want to direct your ire anywhere, you should be ripping apart vince.

bullseye!!!

Robstar
07-16-2012, 01:40 AM
this made me laugh.. though you don't think that john cena can't press for wins at this point in his career? I mean he is the face... I'm not saying he does.. but you don't think he could?

Really? Do you really think that Cena would even if he could, get past the decision making of Vince and HHH and Steph? They'd all have to agree. Think Cena would show up to Titan Towers with pie charts, flow charts, ratings and merchandising breakdowns to put forth his case as to why he should win? Lol, I highly doubt it. There's no person politicking backstage anymore because there's no point. Sure they can play the game and try to Orton it, by presenting the boss with a scenario of something that's not quite true to life but ultimately, Vince and co. are making the big decisions.

Sahu
07-16-2012, 01:40 AM
I'm disappointed by the fact that WWE Title n WHC Title matches are not closing the PPVs in the major part of this year....

n Ironically all those PPVs r closed by the matches of only one man...i.e., CENA....

For any company, their World Title should be the centre piece...n it should be the one closing it...I personally believe, PPVs should close with a World Title match be it WWE or WHC....except for few occasional things...

Sahu
07-16-2012, 01:43 AM
ppl who say, Cena gave his 100% to the industry blah blah n he deserves to be on the top...I have one answer...guys like Punk/DB also gave their 100% to the Professional Wrestling Industry for over a decade...n world wide...

so ur explanation will not work here...

I feel E is dis-respecting their world titles..n is not a gud sign..taht's why I'm not watching E at all these days...

Dennis
07-16-2012, 01:47 AM
Really? Do you really think that Cena would even if he could, get past the decision making of Vince and HHH and Steph? They'd all have to agree. Think Cena would show up to Titan Towers with pie charts, flow charts, ratings and merchandising breakdowns to put forth his case as to why he should win? Lol, I highly doubt it. There's no person politicking backstage anymore because there's no point. Sure they can play the game and try to Orton it, by presenting the boss with a scenario of something that's not quite true to life but ultimately, Vince and co. are making the big decisions.
I'm not saying he does pressure vince.. but if john cena would ask for something vince probably would put more effort into pleasing john than tyson kidd.. though I don't think john cena cares about being the champion at this point he is the main draw with or with out the belt..

Robstar
07-16-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm not saying he does pressure vince.. but if john cena would ask for something vince probably would put more effort into pleasing john than tyson kidd.. though I don't think john cena cares about being the champion at this point he is the main draw with or with out the belt..

I just can't buy the idea of Cena being so egotistical - I'm talking Hogan egotistical - that he feels the need to vie to be on top and in the spotlight all the time. Sorry, I just don't think he does that or is like that. It's not like he's getting paid less or his stock is going down. He still gets plenty of air time and adulation. What else is there?

Dennis
07-16-2012, 02:07 AM
I just can't buy the idea of Cena being so egotistical - I'm talking Hogan egotistical - that he feels the need to vie to be on top and in the spotlight all the time. Sorry, I just don't think he does that or is like that. It's not like he's getting paid less or his stock is going down. He still gets plenty of air time and adulation. What else is there?
I think either I'm not writing it clear enough or your just misunderstanding me.. I don't think john would do that.. I'm just saying he could

samoan619
Well the PPV is called "Money In The Bank", so yeah I would expect WWE's flagship show Raw's MITB match to headline the show.. Im pretty sure if someone else in the match won, half of you guys wouldn't be complaining.. If Seth Rollins was a mystery guest and won the MITB main event, yall would be going nuts..

Peter Kaymakcian
I see were both sides of this disagreement are coming from. I see how certain people might think that the best match on the card is the main event which is a very valid point. However I do get the frustration by a lot of people with the lack of focus on the WWE Championship. It seems to me that ever since TLC the WWE Championship has been an after thought to everything that Cena does. I see where both sides coming from, but I think the WWE needs to do something to solidify the WWE Championship by having CM Punk pin John Cena cleanly at Summerslam with a feud based around Punk claiming Cena and the WWE thinks that he[Cena] is bigger then the WWE Championship. I think it would be good because it will show that no matter where on the card the championship match is placed the champion is still the best in the world.

Robstar
07-16-2012, 02:09 AM

And if anyone says credibility or respect of the internet fans, I'm gonna gag!

Peter Kaymakcian
07-16-2012, 02:09 AM
Well the PPV is called "Money In The Bank", so yeah I would expect WWE's flagship show Raw's MITB match to headline the show.. Im pretty sure if someone else in the match won, half of you guys wouldn't be complaining.. If Seth Rollins was a mystery guest and won the MITB main event, yall would be going nuts..

Honestly I get your point, but I think by just adding in Seth Rollins isn't really a fair comparison because it would be a huge twist. People would be talking about it on the shock value alone.

Robstar
07-16-2012, 02:10 AM
I think either I'm not writing it clear enough or your just misunderstanding me.. I don't think john would do that.. I'm just saying he could

No, I didn't think you were making the case for or against. Maybe I wasn't clear enough either. :)

samoan619
07-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Honestly I get your point, but I think by just adding in Seth Rollins isn't really a fair comparison because it would be a huge twist. People would be talking about it on the shock value alone.

I was just being an asshole cause I knew they couldn't argue with that lolol..

Mr. Ziggles
07-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Okay. So b/c Punk v. Bryan didn't close the show, that should mean that the match isn't good, correct?

Its not about a match been good bad or average, its about what is in the main event.

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Its not about a match been good bad or average, its about what is in the main event.

So then, no matter where the match occurs, it will still deliver the same? Yes or no?

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-16-2012, 06:39 AM
K2Jelly, let me just start off to say I have the opposite opinion of you, but I'm not here to argue that as I can understand both sides of the argument.

From my standpoint, I am not angry at Cena being the final match on a constant basis, but to put basically a WWE championship qualifying match after a Championship match is hard to fathom, as it is saying that a future challenger is better than the Champion himself. Yes I know the Royal Rumble match does that, but that's a more popular match and serves a purpose of starting the Road to Wrestlemania.

However I am curious about 1 point; From your perspective, would you be ok to see the same person in the PPV's final match constantly for let's say more than a year (no person specifically), or would you like the PPVs to end in a different manner on a regular/ semi- regular basis?

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 06:58 AM
K2Jelly, let me just start off to say I have the opposite opinion of you, but I'm not here to argue that as I can understand both sides of the argument.

From my standpoint, I am not angry at Cena being the final match on a constant basis, but to put basically a WWE championship qualifying match after a Championship match is hard to fathom, as it is saying that a future challenger is better than the Champion himself. Yes I know the Royal Rumble match does that, but that's a more popular match and serves a purpose of starting the Road to Wrestlemania.

However I am curious about 1 point; From your perspective, would you be ok to see the same person in the PPV's final match constantly for let's say more than a year (no person specifically), or would you like the PPVs to end in a different manner on a regular/ semi- regular basis?

Like I said, it doesn't matter at all and it wouldn't matter to me one bit. And I really don't understand why you believe that putting a match before another one makes it more important than the ones proceeding it. A 6 Divas tag team match was before the World Heavyweight Championship. Does that make the Divas more important than the World Heavyweight Championship?

And I'm also not trying to start any flame wars or anything but I would really like to know why you think the order of matches makes a difference. It doesn't affect how long a match really goes. Let me put it to you like this. Ever since Elimination Chamber, really it's the Royal Rumble but it doesn't count since the Royal Rumble match is supposed to be the main event, up until Money In The Bank, which is 6 PPV's, 4 out of 6 of those PPV's had the the WWE Championship match last longer than John Cena's matches, which were all main event matches. These matches featured IWC favorites like Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho and Daniel Bryan who have proven to have some of the highest workrates in the WWE and have had great matches with CM Punk time and time again. Those matches weren't in the main event yet they let other stars get a chance to shine longer than Cena. In the end, that's what should matter, right?

HeelTurn
07-16-2012, 07:11 AM
If the match order doesn't matter, then why does the WWE insist on putting Cena on last? lol

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 07:15 AM
If the match order doesn't matter, then why does the WWE insist on putting Cena on last? lol

Do I look like a 60 year old man who's losing his touch on reality? Go ask Vince! :p

HeelTurn
07-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Do I look like a 60 year old man who's losing his touch on reality? Go ask Vince! :p

He won't return my calls after stalking Stephanie for 10 years.

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 07:17 AM
He won't return my calls after stalking Stephanie for 10 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri1fWjKInpg

HeelTurn
07-16-2012, 07:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri1fWjKInpg

Word for word what he said to me, its uncanny.

magglis
07-16-2012, 07:18 AM
The wwe mitb was the biggest match of the night with the biggest superstars.John Cena is always in the main event because is bigger than the wwe,bigger than any title and even bigger than Hulk Hogan was.

magglis
07-16-2012, 07:20 AM
The wwe mitb was the biggest match of the night with the biggest superstars.John Cena is always in the main event because is bigger than the wwe,bigger than any title and even bigger than Hulk Hogan was.
Oh and in a MITB PPV the main event should be the MITB match

Wrestling Realist
07-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Every time he's in the main event over the wwe championship match it takes the prestige away from the belt. At this point any feud for any title not involving cena is merely a filler on the card. Cena is the face of the company we get it but even when Hogan was bigger than the belt they still had the decency to put the title match on last. Who is making these calls to put cena on last for every ppv?

Btw I am a cena fan not a hater but even I agree this is becoming ridiculous.
first of I'll take you back to Wrestlemania 8 Hogan and Sid main evented it going on after the Flair/Macho man wwf title match

but as for the WWE Title NO, Does the WWE think he bigger than Punk/Bryan Well yes they do since they been midcard and cena has been the mainevent at 7 of the last 9 PPV

johnnydropkicks
07-16-2012, 07:24 AM
you'd put the Big Ladder anything but last?

seriously come on now!

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Like I said, it doesn't matter at all and it wouldn't matter to me one bit. And I really don't understand why you believe that putting a match before another one makes it more important than the ones proceeding it. A 6 Divas tag team match was before the World Heavyweight Championship. Does that make the Divas more important than the World Heavyweight Championship?

And I'm also not trying to start any flame wars or anything but I would really like to know why you think the order of matches makes a difference. It doesn't affect how long a match really goes. Let me put it to you like this. Ever since Elimination Chamber, really it's the Royal Rumble but it doesn't count since the Royal Rumble match is supposed to be the main event, up until Money In The Bank, which is 6 PPV's, 4 out of 6 of those PPV's had the the WWE Championship match last longer than John Cena's matches, which were all main event matches. These matches featured IWC favorites like Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho and Daniel Bryan who have proven to have some of the highest workrates in the WWE and have had great matches with CM Punk time and time again. Those matches weren't in the main event yet they let other stars get a chance to shine longer than Cena. In the end, that's what should matter, right?

In terms of placement of matches, usually I don't care. However, in terms of MITB, putting a basically Number One contender match over the title match is (loosely) like putting a Semi- Final match before a Final (I couldn't come up with a decent comparison, apologies). As I cannot really demonstrate my reasoning, I'll just say that I've put out my feelings, whether people understand or not, I'm not fussed.

But you have argued your case justly and convincingly. I tip your hat off to your power of reasoning! We need more clarity like this in the forums.

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Actually I have the perfect analogy for MITB...

It's like making a coffee. You have put the coffee and sugar/sweeteners/ neither (divas/tag-teams) into your cup. Then comes the dilemma: What goes into the cup next: Water (MITB matches) or Milk (WWE/ WH title matches)?

Now personally, I prefer to put my Milk in last as I was brought up that way, and for some inexplicable reason, I think it tastes better. But it probably tastes the same if I had put the milk in first...

evilgenius780
07-16-2012, 10:07 AM
I prefer to see the title match as the main event, in most cases, but not all the time. In this case the title match was better, and based off that should of been the main event, but when you get situations where it is not the best match, then it should not close the show. Either way, I enjoyed the PPV, Cena wasn't my first choice to win, but I do like when it pisses off the haters lol

Kenny Kaos
07-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Okay, not a John Cena fan but have to admit, he is by far the companies biggest draw, so it makes sense for him to close out the show.

HOWEVER, if "real fans" are so pissed off with him being in the main event simply do one of two things:

1. You're watching on TV, turn it over or off. I have watched lots of PPV's and episodes of Raw with John Cena main eventing. After watching the WWE title match I usually turn it off, cos I just can't stand Cena. His face offends me. He can't wrestler and he flat out sucks. So instead of moan and bitch about him, I just turn the channel over. Problem solved

2. If you're watching in person...LEAVE. I think it would send out a huge message to the WWE that a large percentage of their loyal fanbase are getting sick of having this fruity pebble rammed down our throats. Imagine how AWESOME it would look on TV at a big PPV like Summerslam if Cena was main eventing in a non title match, his music hit and half the audience left! Maybe Vince would get the message then

Double Axehandle
07-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Now cena has made holding the briefcase more prestigious than holding the wwe title belt. A sad day in wrestling.I'm calling it now if the rock ever wins the belt cena will cash in immediately because he wants his clean win over the guy he jobbed for.

Pumpkinhead
07-16-2012, 10:48 AM
You people worry too much, The WWE title will be back at Summerslam when Cena cashes on Punk ;)

Double Axehandle
07-16-2012, 10:57 AM
You people worry too much, The WWE title will be back at Summerslam when Cena cashes on Punk ;)The only thing I'm worried about it Vince imposing another "dark age" of wrestling spearheaded begrudgingly by cena. It'll be just like 2010-2011 all over again.WWE fact: Did you know John Cena is a 10 time WWE champion. (5 of those reigns happened in 2010-2011. Yikes!)

Playboy Stevie V
07-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Okay, not a John Cena fan but have to admit, he is by far the companies biggest draw, so it makes sense for him to close out the show.

HOWEVER, if "real fans" are so pissed off with him being in the main event simply do one of two things:

1. You're watching on TV, turn it over or off. I have watched lots of PPV's and episodes of Raw with John Cena main eventing. After watching the WWE title match I usually turn it off, cos I just can't stand Cena. His face offends me. He can't wrestler and he flat out sucks. So instead of moan and bitch about him, I just turn the channel over. Problem solved

2. If you're watching in person...LEAVE. I think it would send out a huge message to the WWE that a large percentage of their loyal fanbase are getting sick of having this fruity pebble rammed down our throats. Imagine how AWESOME it would look on TV at a big PPV like Summerslam if Cena was main eventing in a non title match, his music hit and half the audience left! Maybe Vince would get the message then

^^^ This! Awesome Post! This is exactly what I tell people.

If you don't like Cena then don't watch him. If not, stop bitching and enjoy the show. If he sickens you that much and you still give the E rating when he's on, THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM OF WHY HE IS WHERE HIS IS. POINT THE FINGER AT YOURSELF. IT'S YOUR FAULT.

Kenny Kaos
07-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Seriously though, next time he wrestles in New York, Philidelphia or Chicago, I pray to GOD that everyone that hates him just gets up and walks out. Would send the biggest message you could to the suits up stairs that people are bored of him, his move set and his character.

Cena is a good guy who I respect for both his hard work for the company inside and outside the ring, plus all the Make A Wish Stuff he does for kids...but he just fucking sucks as a wrestler!

Wade Barrett 1979
07-16-2012, 11:46 AM

While I agree this is the sensible route to take, people on here fail to realise the drive by IWC only makes up a small percentage of those who watch and an even smaller amount of those in attendance, so it wouldn't be noticeable!

Anyway I enjoy the pissing and moaning and the crazies. It's funnier than Comedy Central! :D

Kenny Kaos
07-16-2012, 11:51 AM
I have a confession to make, after 5 minutes of the Sheamus v Alberto match I stopped watching it and played a game online, while listening to it on another window.

I'm sorry but these to bland, boring fuckers annoy me as well. WWE needs people with charisma BADLY.

Playboy Stevie V
07-16-2012, 12:16 PM
I have a confession to make, after 5 minutes of the Sheamus v Alberto match I stopped watching it and played a game online, while listening to it on another window.

I'm sorry but these to bland, boring fuckers annoy me as well. WWE needs people with charisma BADLY.

I always said if I had my own promotion and were responsible for training my wrestlers, that we would start off with mic work. If they could not impress me as in being funny, bad ass, heelish, scary etc...then I would cut them. Mic work before they even touch a ring to train.

Characters draw more than actual technical skills with no charisma, unfortunately.

Shit even The Iron Sheik in his day or now can out mic most of the wrestlers today and English is his 2nd language...LOL

Wade Barrett 1979
07-16-2012, 12:19 PM
I always said if I had my own promotion and were responsible for training my wrestlers, that we would start off with mic work. If they could not impress me as in being funny, bad ass, heelish, scary etc...then I would cut them. Mic work before they even touch a ring to train.

Characters draw more than actual technical skills with no charisma, unfortunately.

Shit even The Iron Sheik in his day or now can out mic most of the wrestlers today and English is his 2nd language...LOL

True but then Sheiky do it to you Old Country Way, make you humble!

:D

Playboy Stevie V
07-16-2012, 12:28 PM
True but then Sheiky do it to you Old Country Way, make you humble!

:D

^^^ LOL..If I'm in a bad mood I just read Sheiky Baby's tweets.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-16-2012, 12:30 PM
^^^ LOL..If I'm in a bad mood I just read Sheiky Baby's tweets.

This is the only reason I've ever ventured on to Twitter! :D

Tommy Thunder
07-16-2012, 12:36 PM
I think I'm right in saying that Cena's 6"1, 250lbs? By my estimations that does indeed make him bigger than the belt.

Sorry if this very bad joke has already been made in this thread.

Double Axehandle
07-16-2012, 12:41 PM
I think I'm right in saying that Cena's 6"1, 250lbs? By my estimations that does indeed make him bigger than the belt.

The belt is larger than 6'1" which is exactly 73 inches. How do I know? Because that fat ass big show has an 80 inch waist.

Now that's how you do a bad joke tommy.

Tommy Thunder
07-16-2012, 12:45 PM
The belt is larger than 6'1" which is exactly 73 inches. How do I know? Because that fat ass big show has an 80 inch waist.

Pound for pound, surely Cena's bigger?

samoan619
07-16-2012, 12:47 PM
I still don't get why people are mad, like I said before, its called Money In The Bank, it has to be the main event.. They want to build prestige around the MITB matches, like they did with the Royal Rumble and there's no way Smackdown is going to be the ender.. They want to end it with someone holding the suitcase victoriously, how else do you end a PPV which is mainly focused on the gimmick match.. I am not a Cena fan, but I respect dude, and some of yall just hate to hate.. Some people have intelligent reasoning on why theyre mad (I can respect that) and some are on the we hate Cena bandwagon and just want to rant.. Someone said earlier Cena is a phony, but so is wrestling, this is why its scripted entertainment.. Were any of you watching wrestling when you were kids?? Did you have wrestling heroes?? Well Cena is the wrestling hero for kids today, these are the kids that buy ALL the shirts, posters, and toys (which is big $$$).. Then what about all the special needs children that made him the most requested Make-A-Wish person ever?? Yes, Cena is bigger than the belt, but so is Taker, SCSA, Lesnar, HBK, Orton and The Rock.. They draw without a title, they don't need it.. So don't blame Cena for the dark time in wrestling, you're just a selfish fan, who only thinks your opinion matters.. Millions of children, sick or healthy, believe in Cena, and thats why he is bigger than the belt..

Also for the coffee reference, if the show is called Sunday Night Water, then coffee, milk, or tea shouldn't get the focus.

Double Axehandle
07-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I still don't get why people are mad, like I said before, its called Money In The Bank, it has to be the main event.. They want to build prestige around the MITB matches, like they did with the Royal Rumble and there's no way Smackdown is going to be the ender.. They want to end it with someone holding the suitcase victoriously, how else do you end a PPV which is mainly focused on the gimmick match.. I am not a Cena fan, but I respect dude, and some of yall just hate to hate.. Some people have intelligent reasoning on why theyre mad (I can respect that) and some are on the we hate Cena bandwagon and just want to rant.. Someone said earlier Cena is a phony, but so is wrestling, this is why its scripted entertainment.. Were any of you watching wrestling when you were kids?? Did you have wrestling heroes?? Well Cena is the wrestling hero for kids today, these are the kids that buy ALL the shirts, posters, and toys (which is big $$$).. Then what about all the special needs children that made him the most requested Make-A-Wish person ever?? Yes, Cena is bigger than the belt, but so is Taker, Lesnar, HBK, Orton and The Rock.. They draw without a title, they don't need it.. So don't blame Cena for the dark time in wrestling, you're just a selfish fan, who only thinks your opinion matters.. Millions of children, sick or healthy, believe in Cena, and thats why he is bigger than the belt..

Also for the coffee reference, if the show is called Sunday Night Water, then coffee, milk, or tea shouldn't get the focus.

Ok so let's use your logic and put the mitb match last on the mitb ppv. I see exactly why you would think that and I'm not against your idea but...

Why not have the WHC mitb last? It's a mitb match also isn't it? Why should the wwe title be last if not for cena being in that match? Why would 1 mitb mean more than another?

Again I'm not slating your logic just questioning a few things.

Cabers
07-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Sadly he is bigger than the belt its time he loses his cash in and go below it again. (And never win it.)

Double Axehandle
07-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Sadly he is bigger than the belt its time he loses his cash in and go below it again. (And never win it.)

Even if cena cashes in the briefcase and loses he's already proven to be bigger than the title.

The only way to correct this is to remove cena from tv for a while. Nothing else will work I guarantee it.

Robstar
07-16-2012, 03:18 PM

But Big Show drapes it over his shoulder. Never seen it on his waist. (now that's how you appear to completely miss the point)

On topic:

I find Cena haters to be a bigger joke than Cena himself. To suggest that there's people who would get up and walk out or turn off when Cena appears - let me tell you now, and I'm surprised you haven't already figured out since it's been staring you in the face for a few years now - WWE doesn't give a flying fuck what you think or want. Taking to the interent to complain about it just proves that you aren't worth listening to.

The biggest misconception of the modern age is that with the internet comes any power at all. Just because you can put it out there doesn't mean it's right or that anyone would or should listen. You're not making a difference, you're not the voice of the voiceless - it's nothing anywhere near as significant as that. Big business knows that if you were worth paying attention to, you would be somewhere near the top of some successful company, with experience and influence that comes with being out there in life and not some faceless whingeing milquetoast spouting wise from a keyboard somewhere in Bumfuck, Nowheresville.

K2Jelly
07-16-2012, 03:43 PM
In terms of placement of matches, usually I don't care. However, in terms of MITB, putting a basically Number One contender match over the title match is (loosely) like putting a Semi- Final match before a Final (I couldn't come up with a decent comparison, apologies). As I cannot really demonstrate my reasoning, I'll just say that I've put out my feelings, whether people understand or not, I'm not fussed.

But you have argued your case justly and convincingly. I tip your hat off to your power of reasoning! We need more clarity like this in the forums.

Thanks for the compliment. :)

IrkenInvader
07-16-2012, 03:51 PM

It had already been made but I was comparing weight.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-16-2012, 03:55 PM
But Big Show drapes it over his shoulder. Never seen it on his waist. (now that's how you appear to completely miss the point)

On topic:

I find Cena haters to be a bigger joke than Cena himself. To suggest that there's people who would get up and walk out or turn off when Cena appears - let me tell you now, and I'm surprised you haven't already figured out since it's been staring you in the face for a few years now - WWE doesn't give a flying fuck what you think or want. Taking to the interent to complain about it just proves that you aren't worth listening to.

The biggest misconception of the modern age is that with the internet comes any power at all. Just because you can put it out there doesn't mean it's right or that anyone would or should listen. You're not making a difference, you're not the voice of the voiceless - it's nothing anywhere near as significant as that. Big business knows that if you were worth paying attention to, you would be somewhere near the top of some successful company, with experience and influence that comes with being out there in life and not some faceless whingeing milquetoast spouting wise from a keyboard somewhere in Bumfuck, Nowheresville.

I went on holiday there once.... complete shit hole!!

True say man. I know it may come as a shock to some but the influence here is akin to a Youtube poster trying to convince us the lizard people used to rule the earth and are biding their time until they reclaim the Earth!

Dillon
07-16-2012, 04:00 PM
As much as I don't want to see Cena flying around with his cape on every Raw and PPV, I'm personally not finding him half as annoying as I have in the past.

Everyone can bitch that it's ruining the prestige of the title, but it's already too late, honestly just deal with it.
From the WWE's side on booking the ppv, as Cena is undoubtedly the biggest draw still, more people are likely to tune out if they put him in the 2nd to last match rather than if he main events and the title is 2nd last. I may not agree with it, but it is the obvious way to do it.

Pumpkinhead
07-17-2012, 10:33 PM
I went on holiday there once.... complete shit hole!!

True say man. I know it may come as a shock to some but the influence here is akin to a Youtube poster trying to convince us the lizard people used to rule the earth and are biding their time until they reclaim the Earth!

You may laugh now but the lizard empire will rise one day!!!!

Double Axehandle
07-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Case in point for raw 1000.

only cena could fail to cash in mitb and still be a huge star and not be seen as a failure. The guy doesn't have the belt and still is the main event player.

He is at hogan level now.

HeelTurn
07-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Case in point for raw 1000.

only cena could fail to cash in mitb and still be a huge star and not be seen as a failure. The guy doesn't have the belt and still is the main event player.

He is at hogan level now.

I don't think he is the only star who wouldn't be hurt by failing when cashing in.

Bryan came back from and 18 second loss at Mania.
Orton came back years ago after becoming Triple H's bitch.
Punk came back after losing every PPV match for a year.

They're all bug names now, so pretty much anyone could have lost and still been able to be built back up to main event level.

Double Axehandle
08-13-2012, 05:02 PM
I don't think he is the only star who wouldn't be hurt by failing when cashing in.

Bryan came back from and 18 second loss at Mania.
Orton came back years ago after becoming Triple H's bitch.
Punk came back after losing every PPV match for a year.

They're all bug names now, so pretty much anyone could have lost and still been able to be built back up to main event level.

Thats absurd.

Danielson is the flavor of the month, orton was never as big of a star as cena and cm punk is the indie fan's dream guy.

Cena has been built up huge. The ONLY guy bigger than cena is a part timer from hollywood with a pie fetish.

Cena is bigger than any active wrestler and only he could lose the briefcase and come away undamaged.

Dr. Death
09-04-2012, 06:42 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRp7ByArXi8yZB8gfGeSNUzaf6XPkp2 KrQflOKWkUESqMhEVx9 Only on the internet does team Cena = Team Short Bus.

Dennis
09-04-2012, 06:48 PM
the more heat cena gets the more wwe will shove him down our throats. I once heard an interview where big show said that it's funny that older fans will buy their tickets to boo this man and kids will get their parents to buy tickets to cheer him. at that point the wwe would be stupid not to push him to the moon because he sells the most like it or not.