PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Hardy - What A Joke!!!

Robstar
11-13-2010, 10:55 PM
I used to quite like Jeff Hardy. But not anymore. Let me share with you why.

You see, Jeff Hardy is all smoke and mirrors. The truth is he actually has less wrestling ability than Hulk Hogan or John Cena. His flashy style sure has slowed down a lot over the years and what we are left with now is pretty pathetic and mundane. He's trying to fool everyone with about 3 "high-flying/extreme" moves, interspersed with some pretty crappy offense and a hell of a lot of getting beat up. Sorry, but that's not good to watch and correct me if I'm wrong but wrestling is nothing if not a spectator sport.

Seriously, the guy wouldn't know mat wrestling if it jumped up and bit him.

And as the years go by, and good old Jeff Nero Hardy starts to slow down even more and become able to take bumps less and less, ahem...excuse me, but what will he be left with? What will become of him then? I'll tell ya - being Matt Hardy's 'lesser' brother.

And if that's not a reason to slit your wrists and sit in a warm bath, I don't know what is.

Rockstarella
11-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Jeff Hardy was actually a great wrestler when I first seen him in 2000. An then he had a historic match against RVD. I guess all of those high risk moves he did are starting to mount on him an causing him to slow down. But he just seems very weak in TNA. Its like he only tries under the WWE banner.

AngrySamoan
11-13-2010, 11:32 PM
And TNA really fucked up because making him a champion when his in-ring skills are mediocre at best these days. It would be almost impossible to try and push the best from him, when you've already gone and handed him the title. The title should go to those derserving of it, those who go out, put on a good match time and time again and entertain the crowd and the viewers at home. However, it seems in TNA, things are totally ass-backwards. "Hey, let's give the title to someone who doesn't deserve it" and "Let's not use our best wrestlers as much as we should" should definitely lead to the death of TNA, or at least this era in TNA wrestling.

brad9993
11-14-2010, 02:09 AM
I like the new jeff hardy, Since he went heel. Wasnt a fan of him before but really he is growing on me atm.

wallyman
11-14-2010, 03:02 AM
lol u bash at jeff hardy and claim john cena is better....are u kiddin me...jeff hardy put a terrific match vs kurt angle...when has john cena put on a great match..i dont mean a good match i am talking great...jeff hardy can work well...i am all for matt wrestloing but its differente times now everything evolves even wrestling.i donmt mind a high spot every now and then :)...stop hatin so much...

SilverGhost
11-14-2010, 03:15 AM
lol u bash at jeff hardy and claim john cena is better....are u kiddin me...jeff hardy put a terrific match vs kurt angle...when has john cena put on a great match..i dont mean a good match i am talking great...jeff hardy can work well...i am all for matt wrestloing but its differente times now everything evolves even wrestling.i donmt mind a high spot every now and then :)...stop hatin so much...

You need to realize that Jeff isn't good in the ring anymore. Ever since he turned heel, he is all talk and barely any action.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-14-2010, 03:24 AM
Jeff Hardy built his career on being a death defying high-flyer who would put his body through hell just so he could feel alive. The guy has over a thousand matches of the year an has a Tag team TLC match under his belt which is immortalized all the way to even today. Some of the spots in that match are even unforgettable. I always thought he was upper-mid card before he left the WWE for TNA, and during his early TNA run he was pretty good, but I think he no-showed a few shows an then got released. Then for his second run with the WWE we saw him have (yet another) great feud with John Morrison(Who was then a heel). Before that amazing feud with Morrison he gave us a half-assed Team Xtreme reunion when he kept confronting Lita on the outside of the ring during his brief feud with Edge. But it all paid off... Through all the years, and watching this guy go from being a WCW jobber to a World Heavweight Champion an one of todays biggest wrestling draws is truly a thing worth treasuring in your memory. Emo looking? YES!... Slowing down? YES! But you have to keep in mind that he sacrificed his body to keep us entertained. I will continue to respect both Hardys. I will never go back on my word as a fan of them. Like Christian an Edge an HBK an HHH, etc. I will forever hold my respect for everything they have done. Also, Jeff Hardy is getting pretty old an he has a kid now. I think that's right? But back to what I was saying... He can't be all high-flying in the ring. One mistake an he could end his career. He has to think about bringing in the dollar bills for his future.

6maximum6carnage6
11-14-2010, 04:22 AM
Jeff Hardy has slowed down yes, but he still has more wrestling talent & ability than Cena or Hogan. Since the drug bust everybody has jumped on the anti-hardy band wagon. I believe if you can respect Chris Benoit for his wrestling career & ability and not who he was outside the ring, then why not Jeff? Jeff Hardy has been apart of a lot of spectacular moments in wrestling history & his new push is much deserved for the years wwe dropped the ball on him. They made him look like a weak champion with the shortest WHV championship reign in wwe history and only two month long title reigns. The new heel Hardy in tna is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't need to be an all out dare devil to sell tickets since he has built his name up for over the last decade & reinvented himself. Even when Hardy gives a sub-par match, its still better quality than John Cena or Hulk Hogan's wrestling IMO. While he is nowhere near the best, Hardy is no joke.

Kashdinero
11-14-2010, 07:17 AM
The mistake Jeff made was not gradually incorporating more ground based moves into his act. Now hes older He shouldnt have to use all the high flying stuff but as they are still his most over moves he still has to rely on them. The 2010 Hardy has no buisness doing the Swanton Bomb!

That said, his new character is the best thing about this whole immortal shit. WWE would never have turned him like this.

old school is cool
11-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I used to quite like Jeff Hardy. But not anymore. Let me share with you why.

You see, Jeff Hardy is all smoke and mirrors. The truth is he actually has less wrestling ability than Hulk Hogan or John Cena. His flashy style sure has slowed down a lot over the years and what we are left with now is pretty pathetic and mundane. He's trying to fool everyone with about 3 "high-flying/extreme" moves, interspersed with some pretty crappy offense and a hell of a lot of getting beat up. Sorry, but that's not good to watch and correct me if I'm wrong but wrestling is nothing if not a spectator sport.

Seriously, the guy wouldn't know mat wrestling if it jumped up and bit him.

And as the years go by, and good old Jeff Nero Hardy starts to slow down even more and become able to take bumps less and less, ahem...excuse me, but what will he be left with? What will become of him then? I'll tell ya - being Matt Hardy's 'lesser' brother.

And if that's not a reason to slit your wrists and sit in a warm bath, I don't know what is.

i have to disagree. jeff hardy is a great wrestler and if not, knows how to work his way in a match. he has a passion for the business and thats saying something. he could've walked away from wrestling and did other projects(which is the reason he left wwe) but he decided to take a lighter schedule that TNA has and continue to do what he loves. him being heel is the best thing for us cause we get to see new things from jeff hardy.

Kid_Gangsta
11-14-2010, 11:03 AM
When people asked me who was my favorite wrestler when i was a kid, i would ALWAYS say Jeff Hardy. They would look at me like http://i54.tinypic.com/1zlgozl.gif but it was the truth. Now i do not watch TNA at all but i hear the stuff thats going on over there from friends, this website etc etc. They tell me Hardy is champion, hes HEEL, hes fat, slow, and on and on. Now i know hes in his mid 30's, has a kid and so on but as a athlete thats still no excuse to let your self go like that. He is still here to entertain "Yall" so he has to keep his body in condition to do so. Jeff Hardy heel? I'm not going to get into that cause once again i don't watch TNA so until i see him preform, i cant judge. Jeff hardy was at the best of his career from 06-09. He was one half of the World Tag Team Champions, Intercontinental Champion, WWE AND World Champion. And what did he do? Leave ALL of his accomplishments in the WWE and basically go to TNA to start over. I don't have a favorite active wrestler no more since i like to think the Jeff Hardy I know from 1996-2009 retired.

Robstar
11-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Um, not accomplishments - business decisions. To sell more shirts they put a belt on him. Charismatic enigma? The guy has zero charisma. The anti-christ of wrestling? Fucking hell Jeff, stay off the pcp!

Hardy is only a good worker when he's lead around by a much more capable wrestler. I'm sorry but doing a schoolboy an armdrag and a headlock don't make you a good wrestler.

IrkenInvader
11-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Hardy is only a good worker when he's lead around by a much more capable wrestler. I'm sorry but doing a schoolboy an armdrag and a headlock don't make you a good wrestler.

Hey now, your also describing Rey Mysterio's moveset too.

Robstar
11-14-2010, 01:44 PM

lol, No Rey, also has the hurricanrana. And all it's slight variations

old school is cool
11-14-2010, 01:44 PM

and santinos too.

Robstar
11-14-2010, 01:50 PM
and santinos too.

Hey I'm pretty sure dissing Santino is a bannable offense! ;) But really, the guy has more moves than they allow for him in the script. But like Hardy, he's pretty much the guy who gets beat up heaps. People say Cena has improbable comebacks during matches - Hardy is worse. *get smashed/trashed/bashed for 15 minutes and hey! swanton! all over!!!*

nrb6304
11-14-2010, 02:44 PM
WOW! I cannot believe it's still "cool" to bash Jeff Hardy.
Jeff Hardy, IS slowing down, BUT let me ask you a question? How times have you fallen off a ladder through a table with two guys on it? How many bumps have you taken? JUST REGULAR BUMPS, let me tell you as a student of a professional wrestling school, THAT SHIT HURTS! Now tell me how many bumps you've taken OFF a ladder?

The guy is 31 32? years old. Basically trained himself to wrestle, and has almost killed himself more times then Evan Kenivel. Seriously? Let's bash him cause he's not as quick anymore, or doesn't kill himself every match.

SMH

When post like these happen I'm ashamed to be apart of the IWC

Angle24
11-14-2010, 02:46 PM
You need to realize that Jeff isn't good in the ring anymore. Ever since he turned heel, he is all talk and barely any action.

And he is just awful on the mic

SilverGhost
11-14-2010, 02:50 PM
And he is just awful on the mic

I wouldn't say awful just yet.

Rich Cranium
11-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Why are you guys beating up Jeff? Are you jealous you don't have a Tranformers belt?

All joking aside, I must admit that all the bumps over the years and drug issues have seriously plagued his career. However, it's the regime in TNA that is allowing him to rule their world, not Jeff.

Happy Bashing!!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Fucking hell Jeff, stay off the pcp!

Truer words have never been spoken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl5gBJGnaXs

Iron Ape
11-14-2010, 07:05 PM
It's hilarious that someone with no charisma gets the nickname "The Charismatic Enigma". What's next, are they going to start calling him "The Talented Musician", too?

Anyways, I don't have much use for a spot monkey who no longer really has any interesting spots to speak of. Someone should just drop him off at the Juggalo convention that he's perpetually painted up for and just be done with him.

chaos75
11-14-2010, 07:22 PM
This thread should be called the "Twist of Hate Against Jeff Hardy". He's doing crap wrestling, but I like his anti-christ persona now.

ren
11-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Jeff Hardy sucks. Period.
He has'nt improved anything with his mic skill. His promo's and interwievs are even worst than in WWE.

mwinfie
11-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Plain and simple jeff's a great spot guy. thats why he worked so well when he broke n in the tag team devision, cos he was great on a hot tag. thats why he was even able to segway well as a face into the intercontinental devision, he could do a good Hulk style comeback that got the crowd popping. at the time it was full of guys like christian, jericho and edge, so what seperates these guys from Jeff? Plain and simple...a mat game. Jeff just doesn't have one at all and in my humble opinion you can't be a world champion without one. No great world champion, ESPECIALLY heel champion could have made it without a mat game. oh and in case anyone says it busting out an abdominal strech or sleeper hold to kill time in a long match doesn't mean he has a mat game. You watch as champion he'll spend half the math staring intensely into the crowd or delivering long drawn out right hands cos he has no other way of dominanting an opponent in a match. Even orton has a better mat game then Hardy and i think his has gone way down hill since he first won the top prize in 04. In conclusion, Hardy- decent face, good spot wrestler for multi-person and gimmic matches...shouldn't be a world champion.

Champ
11-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Jeff Hardy built his career on being a death defying high-flyer who would put his body through hell just so he could feel alive. The guy has over a thousand matches of the year an has a Tag team TLC match under his belt which is immortalized all the way to even today. Some of the spots in that match are even unforgettable. I always thought he was upper-mid card before he left the WWE for TNA, and during his early TNA run he was pretty good, but I think he no-showed a few shows an then got released. Then for his second run with the WWE we saw him have (yet another) great feud with John Morrison(Who was then a heel). Before that amazing feud with Morrison he gave us a half-assed Team Xtreme reunion when he kept confronting Lita on the outside of the ring during his brief feud with Edge. But it all paid off... Through all the years, and watching this guy go from being a WCW jobber to a World Heavweight Champion an one of todays biggest wrestling draws is truly a thing worth treasuring in your memory. Emo looking? YES!... Slowing down? YES! But you have to keep in mind that he sacrificed his body to keep us entertained. I will continue to respect both Hardys. I will never go back on my word as a fan of them. Like Christian an Edge an HBK an HHH, etc. I will forever hold my respect for everything they have done. Also, Jeff Hardy is getting pretty old an he has a kid now. I think that's right? But back to what I was saying... He can't be all high-flying in the ring. One mistake an he could end his career. He has to think about bringing in the dollar bills for his future.

I couldn't agree more! Obviously the original poster is simply a Hardy basher...

Yes, Hardy does have a kid. And I'd think that anyone with a kid would not want to jeopardize his well-being by continuing to perform suicidal wrestling moves. Hell, this guy has sacrificed his body for over a decade. I think it's time for him to be able to settle down and bit and enjoy the fame that he's created for himself, rather than continue to torture his body. If I was in my early to mid 30's, you bet I'd slow my style down a bit, too.

Regardless of his wrestling ability, or lack thereof, he's one of the top dogs in the business. He simply has the "It factor." That alone will get one a LONG way in the wrestling business. It's evident that TNA is solidly behind Hardy. Heck, he even has his own personalized championship belt. Bottom line: TNA management sure doesn't seem to think Hardy is a joke; And THAT's what really counts.

Iron Ape
11-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Since when was the backing of TNA management considered a sterling endorsement? These are the same people who think it's a great idea to have Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff running roughshod over the majority of their programming.

It's funny how the pro-Hardy crowd just immediately dismiss any and all criticisms as "hating" or "bashing", as if it's completely out of the question that there's actual merit behind the things being pointed out. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-14-2010, 10:00 PM
I've never really considered Jeff Hardy a 'good wrestler' to be honest. I always saw Matt Hardy as the wrestler of the two and Jeff as the crazy-ass stunt devil that would jump off a cliff if you dared him to. That is the only reason why I liked watching Jeff Hardy, really. I watched his matches just to see what crazy stunts he would do and see him crash and burn on them. People like to refer to Mick Foley as a glorified stuntman, but that moniker is best reserved for Jeff Hardy. He is the REAL glorified stunt man. He has made a career off of doing crazy shit like doing swantoms off of titantrons, crashing through tables, and landing awkwardly on falls. It makes for some good selling. However, he has not been doing that as much anymore and I do agree it has to do with all the bumps he has taken over the years. The human body can only take so much. Even with his new heel turn, it is still hard for me to get behind Jeff when he isn't doing something crazy, because that is what I expect from him everytime I see him. Let's be honest. He is no Harley Race, Triple H, or Shawn Michaels. Sadly, even some of the newer talents in WWE can dish out better wrestling than Jeff.

As far as his matches go, Jeff Hardy is only as good as his opponent. He can have a five star classic with Kurt Angle, but then go and have a horrible match with Matt Morgan. In most matches, he is usually the one getting beat up throughout and then somehow comes back at the end with the victory. Kind of like John Cena used to, but not as bad. Usually it is fine when he is taking sick bumps, but when he isn't doing it as much and is just having a regular match, it gets pretty dull really fast. But see, that is what happens when you make a reputation off of sacrificing your body every night. If you do something consistently for a long period of time, that is what people will want to expect from you every night and will be disappointed when you don't deliver on it.

However, I am still a fan of Jeff and I am willing to give him a chance, if he can do two things. One, work on his mic work. Anytime Jeff is doing a live or off-the-fly promo, it just comes across very awkward. Not all the time, but a majority of the time. His backstage segments and promos are usually better because he has had time to prepare. He does play off the audience, which is good thing at times, but not all the time. If he is going to draw heat (real heat not cheap heat) he'll need to develop a better way to speak. Two, he needs to develop a new moveset and deliver more offense. One of the things I respect about John Cena nowadays is the fact that he is actually advancing his moveset and presenting new moves each match. Jeff needs to do the same. He is a heel now and heels usually dish out a lot of offense. If he gets beat up a lot, then that won't be any different than how he was as a Face. Might as well have kept him Face then. He has the attitude and personality of a heel down perfectly. He just needs to back it up in his matches. Maybe get a new finisher and eliminate the 'twist of hate.' Give him a new feel both in-ring and outside it, especially if Matt Hardy is coming to TNA and I can almost predict he will be the opposite of whatever Jeff is when he debuts. If Jeff is not going to be doing as many crazy stunts as we are used to seeing him do, then he needs to do something else to keep us watching. Otherwise, he'll start to become real dull, real fast. He can't only ride off his WWE rep and fame forever. He isn't exactly Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Stone Cold, or Ric Flair.

I understand that he has a family and everything, but guess what? He is still a wrestler. Not just your typical wrestler either; he is one of the top dogs in the business today. He need to be on his A game if he plans on staying on top in the business. Even if he does not want to be a crazy stuntman anymore, then he needs to come up with something fresh and figure out another way to entertain us.

ramjam
11-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Since when was the backing of TNA management considered a sterling endorsement? These are the same people who think it's a great idea to have Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff running roughshod over the majority of their programming.

It's funny how the pro-Hardy crowd just immediately dismiss any and all criticisms as "hating" or "bashing", as if it's completely out of the question that there's actual merit behind the things being pointed out. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Don't be so grumpy dude. Hardy is your best friend, admit it. Join the "I love Hardy Club". We welcome you with open arms, now give me an Internet hug!

Iron Ape
11-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Don't be so grumpy dude. Hardy is your best friend, admit it. Join the "I love Hardy Club". We welcome you with open arms, now give me an Internet hug!

You're about as funny as Jeff is sober. ;)

Rassling_Fan
11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
So I take it I was the only one who was cheering for Matt Hardy during their feuds.

Jeff suffers from a lack of mat based wrestling. He has a few moves (some from his brother) but he is known for a spot monkey. If he can change his move list to an entirely ground based, the heel turn would look a lot better then it is.

As someone said, his match quality depends on his opponent. Anyone can look great wrestling Kurt Angle. He's so great, his greatness covers his opponent. His Morgan match, not so great.

Rich Cranium
11-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Show your true love to Cena, then to J Hardy.

Are you serious? Please tell me your a computer program developed by Cena

Regina316
11-16-2010, 05:16 AM
As far as moveset goes... we know quite a number of wrestlers who manage being great without what would be called a spectacular moveset. Personally I think Jeff isn't that bad off anyway but still. And the new character might not exactly involve the kind of exaggerated annoying... talk that some fans seem to like so much but that actually just adds to it for the rest. So yea. Always liked Jeff Hardy but never been a real fan of his. Now I like him the further the more. As for him not deserving the title. Don't even get me started.

WWTNA IS ALIVE
11-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Jeff Hardy is known for high-flying and daredevil stunts . The high-flying is what make Jeff Hardy but they need to change his persona as a heel. Make him a technical wrestler and change his look up. Maybe trunks or tights will do the trick.

Rich Cranium
11-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Jeff Hardy is known for high-flying and daredevil stunts . The high-flying is what make Jeff Hardy but they need to change his persona as a heel. Make him a technical wrestler and change his look up. Maybe trunks or tights will do the trick.

Please, no trunks for Jeff.

YellowBootlace
11-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Someone sounds butthurt.

Robstar
11-17-2010, 06:23 PM
WOW! I cannot believe it's still "cool" to bash Jeff Hardy.
Jeff Hardy, IS slowing down, BUT let me ask you a question? How times have you fallen off a ladder through a table with two guys on it? How many bumps have you taken? JUST REGULAR BUMPS, let me tell you as a student of a professional wrestling school, THAT SHIT HURTS! Now tell me how many bumps you've taken OFF a ladder?

The guy is 31 32? years old. Basically trained himself to wrestle, and has almost killed himself more times then Evan Kenivel. Seriously? Let's bash him cause he's not as quick anymore, or doesn't kill himself every match.

SMH

When post like these happen I'm ashamed to be apart of the IWC

You're an idiot. Where did I mention that he should do more high flying moves? I said he can't wrestle for shit! Bloody well read what's been written, not your fantastical imaginatory bullshit

SilverCena
11-17-2010, 06:56 PM
when wrestling was NWA, AWA, WWF, did you ever wish they could coexist and see who is the real "WORLD" champ? Point is, Hardy couldnt beat either of WWE's champs! That's straight up Jackin Boiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Robstar
11-17-2010, 09:16 PM
when wrestling was NWA, AWA, WWF, did you ever wish they could coexist and see who is the real "WORLD" champ? Point is, Hardy couldnt beat either of WWE's champs! That's straight up Jackin Boiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Yeah, I did! But could you imagine the terrible Triple Threat match between Dusty Rhodes, Nick Bockwinkel & Hulk Hogan?

Bodom
11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I did! But could you imagine the terrible Triple Threat match between Dusty Rhodes, Nick Bockwinkel & Hulk Hogan?

Bockwinkel? Terrible? What?

Robstar
11-17-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm saying not even Bockwinkel could have coaxed a good 3 way from those 2. They'd be too busy playing to the crowd

SilverLace
11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
I believe he meant Bullwinkle.

Bodom
11-17-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm saying not even Bockwinkel could have coaxed a good 3 way from those 2. They'd be too busy playing to the crowd

Oh ok. Cause yeah...terrible and Bockwinkel should never been in the same sentence

Silverdust
11-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Oh ok. Cause yeah...terrible and Bockwinkel should never been in the same sentence

Do you disapprove of J. Hardy?

Bodom
11-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Do you disapprove of J. Hardy?

Im apathetic towards Hardy

SilverCena
11-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Im apathetic towards Hardy

All in all, I'm a Cena fan, but tbh, Im not that big on spinning or purple belts!

Spear-O-Matic
11-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Jeff should have taken more than five months off to heal some herniated disks. Man has to learn that jumping off of every object greater than 3 feet tall and landing on your neck/back wears on you after a while. Taking a year off might have made him a better wrestler and let him stay in the game a bit longer. But now look, less than a year after his TNA return and he's already crumbling.

Bodom
11-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Or he can just quit and go away.

Spear-O-Matic
11-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Or he can just quit and go away.

You know, that's not a half bad suggestion! Or quit drugs. Yeah. That would be a good idea.

Bodom
11-26-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't think Hardy could handle the withdrawal.

Rich Cranium
11-26-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't think Hardy could handle the withdrawal.

Hey, without the drugs we would have no Jeff Hardy Art Appreciation Society to reflect upon!

Kashdinero
12-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Drugs have inspired a lot of great artists. Without them they may have just been average... Obviously Hardy is an exception.