PDA

View Full Version : Best Promo/Segment/Shoot of recent memory?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Well, what was your favorite? I know Kane put on a good one after SummerSlam, some of the Nexus segments have been gold (at least in my opinion), and Ric Flair and Mick Foley had a great one before their recent match on TNA, but I'll tell ya, the video I posted undoubtedly takes the cake imo. As I was watching this on youtube I remembered just how good this guy can be if he is given a chance to shine. So if you want to be entertained by a good ole fashioned clinic on how to put on a heel promo, do yourself a favor and watch the video I have below:

http://youtube.com/watch?=rM_kfGK_II

wallyman
11-13-2010, 10:46 PM
mr andersons asshole promo at sacrifice i believe...and of course jay lethal and ric flair...i cannot think any for wwe...even if miz has been good i dont see any memorable ones...

Necroyeti
11-13-2010, 10:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63c5RZGuejE
Even the cameraman is tapping out from the awesomeness

brad9993
11-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Your video didnt work for me, so no idea what your talkiing about lol.

Recently i love the Jeff Hardy Heel promo's, something about them is just great.

K2Jelly
11-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Cody Rhodes' dental hygiene promo in the UK. I especially loved the "God save the queen and God save your teeth!" line. Pretty hilarious stuff.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Your video didnt work for me, so no idea what your talkiing about lol.

Recently i love the Jeff Hardy Heel promo's, something about them is just great.

Yeah I agree with you on that about Hardy. Yeah I just realized my link doesn't work. I don't know whats wrong with it so I'll post another here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM3_kfGK_II

Scottland
11-14-2010, 12:30 AM
There has been any. The great promo/segment days ended when Rock, Austin, DX, Jericho & so forth left.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-14-2010, 01:11 AM
There has been any. The great promo/segment days ended when Rock, Austin, DX, Jericho & so forth left.

Oh come on, there have been plenty of good to great promos that have been made since those overrated guys left. Yes, I said it, they were overrated. The Rock had like 5 catchphrases and that was about it, Stone Cold was a one-trick pony who's gimmick got old, DX were better promo-wise as singles wrestlers and Jericho is still with the WWE.

someguy4848
11-14-2010, 01:18 AM
earlier in the year during the Edge vs Orton feud, Orton was a guest on the cutting edge. edge did a little bit of a shoot, possibly from real life frustration from his failed face run.

also i loved when daniel bryan had his two segments w/ michael cole on nxt. that was captivating.

alexrules01
11-14-2010, 02:44 AM
Just about evey Chris Jericho promo :)
The two that really stand out are when he runs through every wretler he's wrestled and when he's sitting in the ring waiting for the laptop to put him back in the 6 pack challenge, absolutely OWNED Cole!

Kashdinero
11-14-2010, 02:53 AM
Seeing as 99% of the words that come out of most of the guys mouths on Raw and SD is scripted I'm going with this GEM from NXT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64rje_22I5k
That was from the heart baby!!!

Kizarny
11-14-2010, 04:35 AM
kanes and kizarnys promo videos like what the f*ck was that guy sayying.........taker has done some good ones back when kane first came on the scene......paul bearer.................but the best guy to ever do promo was the ecw guys paul heyman is the marlon brando of shoots, and foley is god!

Freaky Styley
11-14-2010, 06:12 AM
When CM Punk first turned heel he delivered some great promos on Jeff Hardy, but my favorite one is the one on the 900th episode of Raw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFKk2LymXmw&feature=related

Young Guns
11-14-2010, 07:02 AM
I know it's an old one but it's still awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hhnVPTrruU

dantheman
11-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Oh come on, there have been plenty of good to great promos that have been made since those overrated guys left. Yes, I said it, they were overrated. The Rock had like 5 catchphrases and that was about it, Stone Cold was a one-trick pony who's gimmick got old, DX were better promo-wise as singles wrestlers and Jericho is still with the WWE.

Your joking right? :rolleyes:

Come back when you know what your talking about, unless you have just started watching wrestling, if you watched it during that time you wouldn't speak so much crap. All the Rock's/Austins promos were off the cuff not the scripted talentless nonsense today when they just learn the lines and read them out like robots.

What was so great about that CM Punk promo?, The crowd were pretty much dead throughout it and he had to refer to The Rock and Austin to get himself heat, so what does that tell you?

nrb6304
11-14-2010, 12:34 PM
The best promo I have EVER seen would be a split choice.
1.) 2005 ECW One Night Stand-Paul Heymans promo. That was the most intense promo EVER!You knew he felt every word
2.) UNSURE OF DATE Ring of Honor-CM Punks old man and the snake promo. Punk had just won the ROH belt and then turned heel and OMG the promo was epic I have never been into Indy wrestling but after I saw that promo I started to keep my eye on Punk.

There are other great ones sure but when I hear BEST PROMO. I will always think of those two.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
HBKs I lost my smile
Hogans first heel promo at Bash at the Beach
Vince McMahons chair promo on SD bringing in the NWO <----Grade A

shanethewolf
11-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Samoa Joe shoots on Hall and others. It's probably more valid today than it was back then! Classic promo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCWh4Fi-wFc

Daniel Bryan's shoot style promo on NXT. So true and the segment actually gave me chills. It's the best thing I've seen WWE do in years, but instead of running with it they brushed it aside like it never happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTipbct9Bxw

Slade
11-14-2010, 01:28 PM
It's not a recent one because IMO there haven't been any worth mentioning. This to me is what a shoot promo should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vswZ73WETpc

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Your joking right? :rolleyes:

Come back when you know what your talking about, unless you have just started watching wrestling, if you watched it during that time you wouldn't speak so much crap. All the Rock's/Austins promos were off the cuff not the scripted talentless nonsense today when they just learn the lines and read them out like robots.

What was so great about that CM Punk promo?, The crowd were pretty much dead throughout it and he had to refer to The Rock and Austin to get himself heat, so what does that tell you?

You see, this is why some people shouldn't have computers. I'd be willing to bet that I've been watching wrestling longer than you have buddy, and I was definatly around during the Attitude Era. Why would they have to script their promos when they said the same exact thing every time? Attitude Era was OVERRATED. We only remember all the good stuff about it and forget that most of it was crap. Why do you think NONE of the really talented wrestlers want to go back to it?

CM Punks promo was perfect. He delivered every line of it with excellent timing, and anyone (apparently besides you) can tell that the crowd was ready to rip his head off throughout the entire thing. The crowd was dead? WTF were you watching?? The crowd was more up for that promo than anything else that has been put out in recent memory and that includes Nexus. Btw, he also insulted the crowd, HHH, Orton, Cena, Lesnar, and the Big Show, and he got massive heat for it. Ya know what, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that he IS in fact better than The Rock; In the ring (obviously) and on the mic. The Rock also had the benfit of having other guys in his feuds that could talk, where Punk is put in the ring with saps like The Big Show, Mysterio, and Jeff Hardy. He has to carry every promo he's been on to try to make the match interesting, something The Rock rarely had to do.

justindlfox
11-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Can't find it but the promo by Miz at Summerslam was the only good bit of the PPV

chaos75
11-14-2010, 07:34 PM
You know Rhodes' promos on being Dashing, well I thought last night Miz can do some on being Awesome (Miz made it so good I had to give it capitals).

Chris Jericho shaming Michael Cole on RAW before NoC was the best.

R.SEXTON99
11-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Jeff "The Joker" Hardy has some funny promos lately. Talking about giving back to the fans. giving out chair shots and them being free.

CMhuw24
11-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Y2J's will always be the best to me.
The Miz will get there soon.
And the only other real person who pulls promos recently is Cody Rhodes, not to bad for him either.

Christians promo before his last ECW Championship match was awesome.

ramjam
11-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Eli Cottonwood is promo king!

CMhuw24
11-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Eli Cottonwood is promo king!

Haha!
Dont forget good old Percy Watsons promos.