PDA

View Full Version : A new era for the Divas?

07-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Although booking and creative within WWE still sucks donkey penis, I think, with the recent signings that WWE may be trying to turn around the Divas division into what it was 10 years ago. The departures of Maxine, Kelly Kelly and The Bella Twins and the signings of Sara Del Rey, Tenille and Natalie Osman show that the 'E may be moving away from model wrestlers to wrestlers. WWE creative have also wised up and are now attempting to build up Divas with storylines - Eve, AJ and Aksana. Let's hope that when RAW goes 3 hours we get longer time for Divas and that will allow for promos and storyline development as well as wrestling.If WWE are going towards signing independent women, who else do you wanna see fill up the Divas roster?

The Brown One
07-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Its funny, everytime the WWE get a good Diva from the indys, people automatically assume that the Divas division will be restored to it's former glory. They have a LOT of work to do. And those storylines with AJ, Eve and Aksana you mentioned - they're not even wrestling. It doesn't really have an impact on the Divas division. The division will improve when we see longer matches, with women that aren't just models. They look to be trying though.

Dameduse823
07-14-2012, 07:42 PM
It seems lately wwe has been trying to do some repair work to teh divisions they fucked up. Tag teams are starting to emerge as real teams not two guys thrown together, their building up teh divas division by signing actually female wrestlers rather then car show models and their even talking about restoring the cruiserweight division. I think that if they put some serious thought and effort into it they could make it great

Dubs
07-14-2012, 08:00 PM
It seems lately wwe has been trying to do some repair work to teh divisions they fucked up. Tag teams are starting to emerge as real teams not two guys thrown together, their building up teh divas division by signing actually female wrestlers rather then car show models and their even talking about restoring the cruiserweight division. I think that if they put some serious thought and effort into it they could make it great
I think we can give Triple H credit for this with his new position. He has more of an eye for talent than Johnny Ace, especially with his recent signings. I just hope WWE can bring back the excitement in the Divas division and not half-ass their restoration. They are prone to doing that a lot with their divisions.

Great One
07-14-2012, 08:13 PM
I thought Kelly Kelly was granted some leave time from WWE? So she didn't really leave she's just on vacation

Dennis
07-14-2012, 08:41 PM
I thought Kelly Kelly was granted some leave time from WWE? So she didn't really leave she's just on vacation
but there are reports that she is not coming back

Dameduse823
07-14-2012, 10:20 PM
I think we can give Triple H credit for this with his new position. He has more of an eye for talent than Johnny Ace, especially with his recent signings. I just hope WWE can bring back the excitement in the Divas division and not half-ass their restoration. They are prone to doing that a lot with their divisions.

Thats true, HHH has a better eye then Ace and McMahon is still caught up in the past which is why he seems so high on Ryback and had no interest in the smaller guys. I think if McMahon takes a serious step back and lets Stephanie and Triple H take teh reigns then things will continue getting better

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Thats true, HHH has a better eye then Ace and McMahon is still caught up in the past which is why he seems so high on Ryback and had no interest in the smaller guys. I think if McMahon takes a serious step back and lets Stephanie and Triple H take teh reigns then things will continue getting better

No doubt! I have seen reports in the past that Triple H also fancied what tickled Vince Mcmahon's fancy (lol). But Triple H has quite the eye because one of his first projects was Sin Cara who has really come into his own recently.

Amerinaine
07-14-2012, 11:20 PM
@Devils Advocate: Sin Cara is on the Third Person under the mask. Four if you count the Dark Sin Cara. The new person who is Sin Cara, has done a fantastic job.

They need to do away with his mood lighting.

On to the topic at hand.

AJ, Eve and Aksana right now are the diva's division. Can't say that AJ, Eve don't wrestle they do. They aren't that bad either at it. The fact that Eve is a "Model" Diva and can do a respectable job in ring is impressive. If Kelly Kelly could have devoted the time that Eve has proved to be done, we wouldn't be talking about how shitty the Diva's are.

The signings will definitely help the division, but only if the WWE gives them the time to show it.

Your roster of girls who can actually wrestle isn't that small:

AJ Lee
Kaitlyn
Eve Torres
Natalya Neidhart
Beth Phoenix
Kharma (?)
Tamina Snuka
Sara Del Rey
Paige
Sofia Cortez
Shaul Guerrero

Yes, some are in FCW/nXt, but the depth is there. The only girls who haven't proved themselves as wrestlers are:

Naomi
Cameron
Aksana
Rosa Mendes
Kelly Kelly

If you give those who can the time, there will be, to use Austin Aries phrase, a "Wrestling Boom" in the Diva's Division. If they don't dedicate the time for storylines to propagate, it will never materialize.

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-14-2012, 11:50 PM
@Devils Advocate: Sin Cara is on the Third Person under the mask. Four if you count the Dark Sin Cara. The new person who is Sin Cara, has done a fantastic job.

They need to do away with his mood lighting.

On to the topic at hand.

AJ, Eve and Aksana right now are the diva's division. Can't say that AJ, Eve don't wrestle they do. They aren't that bad either at it. The fact that Eve is a "Model" Diva and can do a respectable job in ring is impressive. If Kelly Kelly could have devoted the time that Eve has proved to be done, we wouldn't be talking about how shitty the Diva's are.

The signings will definitely help the division, but only if the WWE gives them the time to show it.

Your roster of girls who can actually wrestle isn't that small:

AJ Lee
Kaitlyn
Eve Torres
Natalya Neidhart
Beth Phoenix
Kharma (?)
Tamina Snuka
Sara Del Rey
Paige
Sofia Cortez
Shaul Guerrero

Yes, some are in FCW/nXt, but the depth is there. The only girls who haven't proved themselves as wrestlers are:

Naomi
Cameron
Aksana
Rosa Mendes
Kelly Kelly

If you give those who can the time, there will be, to use Austin Aries phrase, a "Wrestling Boom" in the Diva's Division. If they don't dedicate the time for storylines to propagate, it will never materialize.

I actually did not realize that. Thanks for letting me in on that detail that had managed to slip through my grasp. The new Sin Cara is really starting to grow on me, and I completely agree about the whole lighting nonsense. It certainly gives him one of the most 'trippy' matches on the card. /EndSubject

On topic:

Nice list there, Amerinaine. I think Layla El would be a great fit for the Female Wrestlers who can actually Wrestle. I heard she picked up some interesting Luchador moves and I have seen her do some very superb things inside of the ring. The last time I checked she was the current holder of the Diva's championship.

Amerinaine
07-14-2012, 11:52 PM
I actually did not realize that. Thanks for letting me in on that detail that had managed to slip through my grasp. The new Sin Cara is really starting to grow on me, and I completely agree about the whole lighting nonsense. It certainly gives him one of the most 'trippy' matches on the card. /EndSubject

On topic:

Nice list there, Amerinaine. I think Layla El would be a great fit for the Female Wrestlers who can actually Wrestle. I heard she picked up some interesting Luchador moves and I have seen her do some very superb things inside of the ring. The last time I checked she was the current holder of the Diva's championship.

Yep, I dropped the ball on that one. I still maintain her finisher while applied somewhat like a Neckbreaker, is more accurate to be described as a Reverse Cutter.

Fuck, how did I miss Layla.

07-15-2012, 07:44 AM
@Ameriniane please wash your mouth out with soap for that comment haha - Naomi is a great wrestler, watch her matches with AJ and Savannah. Also, add Tenille, Rachelle and Nova to that list of good wrestlers, they have yet to debut but are still great.

07-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Its funny, everytime the WWE get a good Diva from the indys, people automatically assume that the Divas division will be restored to it's former glory. They have a LOT of work to do. And those storylines with AJ, Eve and Aksana you mentioned - they're not even wrestling. It doesn't really have an impact on the Divas division. The division will improve when we see longer matches, with women that aren't just models. They look to be trying though.Anytime they sign an indy wrestler, I never think it's a turning point, even when they signed Kharma, because there were still models on the roster. But after the recent happenings in the Divas division I'm convinced there is a change. AJ, Eve and Aksana are being built up so they can get over before they resume wrestling - how did Trish get over? She was placed in a high profile, non wrestling feud. The same goes for Lita, Sable, Melina, Stacy, Torrie

cymru96123
07-15-2012, 09:30 AM

On topic:

It didn't slip through your grasp, it's still the first guy under the mask.

Cabers
07-15-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't think it will bring about a change immediately but over time i can see the divas get more respect for what they do, the first thing that needs to go is the term "Divas" can't really take them seriously with that title.

Dennis
07-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't think it will bring about a change immediately but over time i can see the divas get more respect for what they do, the first thing that needs to go is the term "Divas" can't really take them seriously with that title.
also that title adds to the fact of making it hard to take them seriously.. no puns please haha

Mckenzie
07-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Well its plain to see that in regards to hiring actual female wrestlers that wwe gets most of their ideas of the womens division from impact wrestling considering impact has female talent that are all efficient and fit to be in the ring with no complaints. In my oppinion a little bit of everything is what wwe should have in mind. While people complain about the divas sucking at wrestling they also become hypocrites when they call a female built to wrestle ugly. Some of the most successful divas just happen to be models. Alicia Fox (the best model since Maryse left to put on great matches) Kelly Kelly and Trish. Overall bringing actual female wrestlers will hopefully make divas matches alot more fun for viewers. But in my oppinion. Whether modeling or wrestling. Talent is Talent.

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 01:39 PM
@Ameriniane please wash your mouth out with soap for that comment haha - Naomi is a great wrestler, watch her matches with AJ and Savannah. Also, add Tenille, Rachelle and Nova to that list of good wrestlers, they have yet to debut but are still great.

Rachelle = Shaul Guerrero to my knowledge. Also, I didn't go digging for everyone on the roster, just what I could get off the top of my head. So.....

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 01:40 PM

The first guy under the mask was HUNICO......The second was CAMACHO.... So no, it wasn't the first guy under the mask. They are just wanting you to believe that it is.

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Well its plain to see that in regards to hiring actual female wrestlers that wwe gets most of their ideas of the womens division from impact wrestling considering impact has female talent that are all efficient and fit to be in the ring with no complaints. In my oppinion a little bit of everything is what wwe should have in mind. While people complain about the divas sucking at wrestling they also become hypocrites when they call a female built to wrestle ugly. Some of the most successful divas just happen to be models. Alicia Fox (the best model since Maryse left to put on great matches) Kelly Kelly and Trish. Overall bringing actual female wrestlers will hopefully make divas matches alot more fun for viewers. But in my oppinion. Whether modeling or wrestling. Talent is Talent.

Watching a K2 botchfest match isn't what I call successful in the ring. Alicia Fox I just missed overall, she isn't all that horrible, but to say she is the best model since Maryse to wrestle, isn't what I call a good assessment. Eve Torres would probably fit that bill better. I won't argue Trish. That is the sole one you have right. I don't even like her, but she was a fitness model before she was a wrestler, and she is probably the best example of Model's transitioning to wrestling. She was damn good.

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Watching a K2 botchfest match isn't what I call successful in the ring. Alicia Fox I just missed overall, she isn't all that horrible, but to say she is the best model since Maryse to wrestle, isn't what I call a good assessment. Eve Torres would probably fit that bill better. I won't argue Trish. That is the sole one you have right. I don't even like her, but she was a fitness model before she was a wrestler, and she is probably the best example of Model's transitioning to wrestling. She was damn good.

She grew up watching Wrestling and she wrestled regularly with her friends and family members. By the time she even got into a WWE ring she already knew what she was doing. However, some of these other models have openly admitted in interviews that they didn't know anything about the WWE until' they were apart of it. They didn't even try to lie either. They just went straight out of their way and said it like it is.

imswm
07-15-2012, 04:07 PM

Phew, was beginning to think I was the only one reading this who went "HUH?" on that "new Sin Cara" posting. This guy was phenomenal as Mistico in Mexico and his supposed "improvement" may be just a matter of getting more familiar with the WWE while rehabbing the injury.

07-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Rachelle = Shaul Guerrero to my knowledge. Also, I didn't go digging for everyone on the roster, just what I could get off the top of my head. So.....Rachelle is Rachelle St. Clair, a European wrestler. She's very muscular and looks a tad like Cheerleader Melissa

Pumpkinhead
07-15-2012, 04:49 PM

I didn'e get your other posts, you're saying the current Sin Cara is not Mistico???

Amerinaine
07-15-2012, 05:29 PM
I didn'e get your other posts, you're saying the current Sin Cara is not Mistico???

I'm saying that Sin Cara has had multiple people under the mask, and that this one is not the one that started as Sin Cara. I have since though quit trying to talk about Cara in this thread since it isn't a Cara thread.

07-16-2012, 05:54 AM
ok let's end this Sin Cara debate - he's been played by 2 characters, Hunico/Incognito and Mistico