PDA

View Full Version : The Progression of Ryback

BadAndy
07-13-2012, 08:23 PM
I just watched Ryback clean the floor with Tyler Reks. I must say it was certainly more entertaining to watch than the squash matches he's had. Reks made Ryback seem a little more human and less machine which I like. Ryback also displayed more moves than usual and that's always good. While I'm still not on the Ryback train, I'll say that I'm less displeased with him. He needs to do away with the stupid marching. He also needs to work on making a hit look ferocious and and it actually hurting somebody. His kick to Reks looked like it got Reks right in the jugular and that never feels good. I really want them to make Ryback his own person and not another Goldberg, Batista, Mason Ryan if he's going to be around for the long term.

Robstar
07-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Personally I'd rather see Reks winning.

BadAndy
07-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Hah, there's our preferences, then there's what WWE is going to do. This was just what I noticed about Ryback during the match. Like I said, Reks made him look a lot less machine/monster. I think that's a good thing.

Rick BoA
07-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Outside of his terrible finisher and stupid marching i like the guy.

Lowki
07-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Nothing wrong with a muscle buster.

Robstar
07-14-2012, 12:50 AM
I had a muscle buster this afternoon....we call it a wank here ;)

PSOjedi
07-14-2012, 03:32 AM
Next he will face both Hawkins & Reks.

The Brown One
07-14-2012, 05:38 AM
It was actually a decent match. A bit longer than others, with Reks getting some offense in instead of a complete squash like the past 4 months. It's a shame that others on the WWE roster think Ryback is a stiff worker and don't want to work with him.

PSOjedi
07-14-2012, 05:47 AM
It is just a matter of time before they work with him.

Kenny Kaos
07-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Outside of his terrible finisher and stupid marching i like the guy.

Exactly right, the only thing that bugs me about him, I think the rest of his character is pretty good. Was good to see him actually (kinda) sell some moves this week. Rekks got some good offence in, Ryback got the win, Rekks didn't look like a complete useless jobber. Decent enough match (for a Ryback squash, anyway)

Mr Punk
07-14-2012, 11:46 AM
I just found out that he happens to eat a lot lmao.

http://youtu.be/9HY3g4CGdM0

I do like Ryback though and I like to see where he goes.

Kenny Kaos
07-14-2012, 12:13 PM
i just found out that he happens to eat a lot lmao.

http://youtu.be/9hy3g4cgdm0

i do like ryback though and i like to see where he goes.

feed...me...more!

Viperfish
07-14-2012, 12:17 PM
feed...me...more!

I can't help but feel that that's an inside joke/rib now... like someone gave it to him to say because he eats a lot.

SESAfro
07-14-2012, 12:26 PM
I just found out that he happens to eat a lot lmao.

http://youtu.be/9HY3g4CGdM0

I do like Ryback though and I like to see where he goes.
I honestly starting hysterically laughing. Al's impersonation had me in stitches. "I'm hungry..."

I will say that I do enjoy Ryback. Especially his head nods when his music is playing.
http://i.imgur.com/Owzyq.gif

BadAndy
07-14-2012, 12:30 PM
I swear I laughed as much at this as I did the Aziz Ansari stand up I watched last night. I've never really heard Ryback talk but I love the voice Snow does. I think this little insight actually makes me have an inkling of a liking for Ryback.

I will say that my disliking of Ryback does stem back to Goldberg. I've made no secret that I was a huge fan of WCW. I HATED Goldberg so much and could not stand him. He was boring to watch. The most fascinating thing was that he'd stand in the middle of the sparklers as they went off around him. He added nothing to wrestling. Hennig as Mr. Perfect had such personality. Goldberg was just brutality in a few minutes and during a time of Chris Jericho, Disco Inferno, Wolf Pack , NWO, Norman Smiley, The Cat, Bret Hart, Fruit Booties, etc. Goldberg was nothing. So my hopes are that Ryback can rise above this and create more of a character.

BadAndy
07-14-2012, 12:31 PM
SESAfro, that damn head nodding gif is like watching the bird thing dip its nose into the water. It's hypnotic to watch. lol

Cabers
07-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Personally I'd rather see Reks winning.

I second that but this is WWE so yea..

TheRockerGother
07-14-2012, 06:27 PM
I just want the squash matches to go away I don't know about other people but I hate it when they have to many squash matches with a guy I mean how many did Kozlov have???It's never good in the long run in my opinion I would have preferred Reks winning. Not a fan but not a hater on the guy.