PDA

View Full Version : Jack Swagger needs a repackage.

Mr. Ziggles
07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
So I'm pretty sure we can agree Swagger is pretty good in the ring, but his gimmick of the The all American just isn't working for him.

I mean its weird I can't think of any else that has gone from WHC to jobber, apart from Khali but thats because he sucks.

So here is my idea for him repackage him as Swagger Jacker, where he beats people with there own signature moves .

Anyone else have any ideas to help get this guy back off the ground.

Cabers
07-13-2012, 04:10 PM
That is actually an interesting concept. Maybe he can dress as them as well and really get into there head just confuse and annoy them so that they make mistakes and he hits the opponents signature move.

Haruko Haruhara
07-13-2012, 04:17 PM
So I'm pretty sure we can agree Swagger is pretty good in the ring, but his gimmick of the The all American just isn't working for him.

I mean its weird I can't think of any else that has gone from WHC to jobber, apart from Khali but thats because he sucks.

So here is my idea for him repackage him as Swagger Jacker, where he beats people with there own signature moves .

Your current WHC did after he lost the WWE title.

TheRockerGother
07-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Don't wanna sound like a downer on this but I think Swagger will never get back to the main event he'll just be "that guy" mid card or jobber.

Kenny Kaos
07-13-2012, 04:37 PM
That is actually an interesting concept. Maybe he can dress as them as well and really get into there head just confuse and annoy them so that they make mistakes and he hits the opponents signature move.

Its been done before, it didn't work...although this was kinda funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9du8y0J4LWE

Dameduse823
07-13-2012, 04:41 PM

That actually a very interesting idea but I think the only way to really get attention with it wold be to have him beat the people with his own moves, and they hit their signature right before getting the pin just to add insult to injury. More then anything I think he needs to change his look, the ring attire and the hair mostly. I would have him grow out his hair and go with a pair of designed tights rather then what he's wearing now.

BadAndy
07-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I think that there's just a problem of a lack of focus on Swagger right now. I love his All-American angle and want him to keep it. There are just way too many guys debuting right now and some of the real guys with talent like Miz and Swagger are getting lost between the time given to the new guys, the ones that are finally rising to the next level (Ziggler, Rhodes, etc.), and the established main eventers. In all honesty, I wish they had used Swagger on NXT instead of Mahal. A third or fourth show (NXT and the cruiserweights) is not a bad idea to give more time to these guys that are just on a packed roster.

Cabers
07-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Its been done before, it didn't work...although this was kinda funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9du8y0J4LWE

Holy shit i totally forgot Haas did it lol yeah it doesn't work so well then!!

davieboytellem
07-13-2012, 05:35 PM
I don't think he will ever be back in the major title picture. I do think Heath Slater should be pushed though..but that's a different topic ;P

Dubs
07-13-2012, 06:38 PM
I think Jack Swagger should keep his All-American American gimmick. I don't think the gimmick is a problem. I think he needs a face turn just to test the waters a bit. His All-American American gimmick is much more marketable as a face type character than a heel. Plus, since he currently isn't doing anything currently, a face turn would desperately give him something to do. Right now, I just don't see how he can be a big deal as a heel right now in the mist of fascinating heels like Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler.

If WWE doesn't want to turn him face and they don't have much faith in a face turn, than yeah. He would need to get a drastic change. You can't market his All-American American gimmick as a heel because it's not getting him heel heat at the moment. Making him more aggressive and vicious may work given his strength and his size. Changing his look along with his entrance theme will also need to happen in order for him to gain momentum as a heel.

I still believe that Jack Swagger can be a main eventer but it's going to take some time. Nothing happens overnight and if you try to push someone that isn't ready yet, it isn't going to work out. WWE learned that the hard way when they put the World Heavyweight title on Swagger 2 years ago. If they can hide his weaknesses and expose his strengths with his character, than maybe things will go good for Swagger. I was a fan of Jack Swagger ever since his WWECW days. His ECW title reign was wonderful, especially his first in-ring encounter with John Cena on Raw 3 years ago. It would be a shame if his talents go to waste.

By the way, congrats to Swagger for granting his first wish.

Asherdelampyr
07-13-2012, 06:42 PM
I think if they actually put work into it instead of trying to make it a knockoff Angle gimmick the All American American gimmick could work, the stuff with the eagle wasn't bad, but it didn't really go anywhere worthwhile.

I would love it if he came out as this serious asshole heel, just running down every other country,
or maybe have him in vignettes showing off how he has such an American home that even his pajamas and sheets are American flags, just make it totally ridiculous, like have him run around trying to marry the Constitution and the like.

K2Jelly
07-13-2012, 07:04 PM
I think if they actually put work into it instead of trying to make it a knockoff Angle gimmick the All American American gimmick could work, the stuff with the eagle wasn't bad, but it didn't really go anywhere worthwhile.

I would love it if he came out as this serious asshole heel, just running down every other country,
or maybe have him in vignettes showing off how he has such an American home that even his pajamas and sheets are American flags, just make it totally ridiculous, like have him run around trying to marry the Constitution and the like.

So Mr. Backlund but crazier? I like it.

Bodom
07-13-2012, 07:07 PM
So Mr. Backlund but crazier? I like it.
The hair stays though.

justin sane
07-13-2012, 07:09 PM
I actually don't like the way hes comes down the aisle...drop down and pushups I don't mind so much, but then he gets real angry and yelling and does the "step over the line" thing, and I just don't find him as a believable angry (scary) guy. I think he needs to have more of an attitude, something along the lines of a Damian Sandow but not so snooty, an "I'm better than you" but in a more subdued cocky way and not so "I'm gonna kick your ass" way. I don't believe he can kick ass, but I do believe he can outwrestle anyone. So that should be his gig. And while I like his theme song, I actually think it doesn't fit him. Or at least it doesn't fit the all american character. That's a badass song. He's not a badass, he's a wrestler.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Since Tensai stole the All-American Asian gimmick I have no idea.

I think they radically need to repackage him. Throw a mask on him or have him train under Regal on screen and have him think he's all British or some shit. The All-American Brit. Regardless, if he doesn't do something he will be losing dark matches before NXT.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-13-2012, 07:57 PM
The hair stays though.

'cept more combed over

http://www.thelawstreetjournal.com/generated/images/uploads/superbowl+xli+sierramist+combover_1170716048121363 9243.jpeg

Great One
07-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Or turn him face

BadAndy
07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
DUBS, you and I seem to be on the same page with a lot of things. I think his granting his first wish should be something WWE should really play up and have that be the hinge swinging him to face. I think for a while now they've used him like a Kurt Angle, making his American pride come across as heelish. I think they need to go more the way of Hacksaw and get people on his side. Now, if you'll excuse me our savior, Sandow, is on tv and I must pay attention to him.

The Brown One
07-13-2012, 09:34 PM
A face turn could be interesting. I can't think of too many gimmicks that would go well with him. But I could definitely see him being cheered by the crowd.

blink
07-13-2012, 09:44 PM
I would love to see a swagger face turn. I think he could carry that better than a heel. But if he remains heel, give him a mean streak. No more push ups or crossing the line or victory laps. Could work like this: he's fed up to losing to people he's better than. His focus on entertaining the crowd while achieving what he needs to isn't working for him. He's a submission machine and now he's a pissed off one at that. He goes out and continues to put on great matches but being way more aggressive. He finally learns to grapevine the leg while doing an ankle lock making it damn near irreversible. Have him break someone's leg for extra heat and momentum. I think with this he could be back in the main event scene within a year.

G.G.G.
07-13-2012, 09:57 PM
I love Swagger in the ring and on the mic, he has all the talent in the world to be a main event talent. Now I personally don't think Swagger needs to repackaged just as much as he needs the WWE to give him a push. If given the proper push he gets real good heat as a heel. Even Swagger realizes that he doesn't have as many fans if you read what he said about granting his first wish today

Playboy Stevie V
07-13-2012, 11:53 PM
I've said it many times. *sing along with me*

Not everybody is meant to be a singles star...la la la...some people would be great in a long term tag team with similar gimmicks...doo wop..doo wop...wow...

LOL all joking aside Jack is a perfect example of a person who could make a HOF tag team, but a shity boring single star.

Yawn....Billy Gunn...Road Dogg...yawn...excuse me. Hintity hint hint.

Tag up swagger with someone similar to him and have them be Revenge of The Nerds Alpha Beta Bullies. It's not hard to figure that out WWE! They can have great college type promos with a touch of Biff from Back to the Future..."Hey McFly..make like a tree and get outta here"

I'm seeing this team working with Alex Riley. There, 3 birds, 1 stone. Something for Jack and Alex to do besides job all the time and beef up the tag division.

I'll be sending in my resume to WWE creative..LOL

Dameduse823
07-14-2012, 01:38 AM
I've said it many times. *sing along with me*

Not everybody is meant to be a singles star...la la la...some people would be great in a long term tag team with similar gimmicks...doo wop..doo wop...wow...

LOL all joking aside Jack is a perfect example of a person who could make a HOF tag team, but a shity boring single star.

Yawn....Billy Gunn...Road Dogg...yawn...excuse me. Hintity hint hint.

Tag up swagger with someone similar to him and have them be Revenge of The Nerds Alpha Beta Bullies. It's not hard to figure that out WWE! They can have great college type promos with a touch of Biff from Back to the Future..."Hey McFly..make like a tree and get outta here"

I'm seeing this team working with Alex Riley. There, 3 birds, 1 stone. Something for Jack and Alex to do besides job all the time and beef up the tag division.

I'll be sending in my resume to WWE creative..LOL

I see what your saying and I agree with everything but the comment about Gunn and Road Dogg. I would love to see Swagger in a serious tag team since it seems like wwe is at lest trying to revive the tag division. But I wouldn't match him with someone to similar, mat based styles in pro wrestling are only interesting in the guy is outstanding and thats not a word I'd use for swagger. I'd match him with a cruiser weight like Bourne or Sin Cara so they'd have a good mix of power, technical and high flying

Playboy Stevie V
07-14-2012, 02:06 AM
I see what your saying and I agree with everything but the comment about Gunn and Road Dogg. I would love to see Swagger in a serious tag team since it seems like wwe is at lest trying to revive the tag division. But I wouldn't match him with someone to similar, mat based styles in pro wrestling are only interesting in the guy is outstanding and thats not a word I'd use for swagger. I'd match him with a cruiser weight like Bourne or Sin Cara so they'd have a good mix of power, technical and high flying

Unfortunately talent doesn't draw as much as mic work and gimmicks.

Alex would go perfect with Jack. A modern day Varsity Club. Promos of hackey sacks, ultimate frisbee, picking on nerds etc.

They can come out with cheerleaders and possibly a fat flounder type pledge that they are constantly hazing. That's gold imo.

And I'm confused about your disagreement about Gunn and Dogg? Are you saying that their single careers were as close to being as successful or entertaining as the NAO? Cause they were not IMO. They were both very much floundering as single stars just like Jack and Alex.

Dameduse823
07-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Unfortunately talent doesn't draw as much as mic work and gimmicks.

Alex would go perfect with Jack. A modern day Varsity Club. Promos of hackey sacks, ultimate frisbee, picking on nerds etc.

They can come out with cheerleaders and possibly a fat flounder type pledge that they are constantly hazing. That's gold imo.

And I'm confused about your disagreement about Gunn and Dogg? Are you saying that their single careers were as close to being as successful or entertaining as the NAO? Cause they were not IMO. They were both very much floundering as single stars just like Jack and Alex.

No their singles careers were no where near the level of their tag team career, but I never found either of them boring, I may be biased since I'ma fan of both of them but they always seemed entertaining to me.

And, unfortunately, your right about talent not mattering as much as gimmick although I like to think that that line of thought will be coming to an end soon since wwe only comes up with a halfway decent gimmick every hundred or so people. Either that or they'll start letting people develop their own gimmicks and not try and force them into some crappy rehash thats been done a hundred times

Playboy Stevie V
07-14-2012, 02:39 AM
No their singles careers were no where near the level of their tag team career, but I never found either of them boring, I may be biased since I'ma fan of both of them but they always seemed entertaining to me.

And, unfortunately, your right about talent not mattering as much as gimmick although I like to think that that line of thought will be coming to an end soon since wwe only comes up with a halfway decent gimmick every hundred or so people. Either that or they'll start letting people develop their own gimmicks and not try and force them into some crappy rehash thats been done a hundred times

I'm with you, dont get me wrong. If talent headlined we would have Tyson Kidd vs Evan Borne last yrs WM instead of rock vs cena. Regardless how much i would enjoy, personally seeing a Borne Kidd clinic.

SilverGhost
07-14-2012, 03:26 AM
Swagger needs to have mic skill. His wrestling is great and I wouldn't mind paying a Swagger match but he needs to talk and be convincing as he talks.

A much more vicious heel could work but a face turn as a test would help him.

Playboy Stevie V
07-14-2012, 03:50 AM
Swagger needs to have mic skill. His wrestling is great and I wouldn't mind paying a Swagger match but he needs to talk and be convincing as he talks.

A much more vicious heel could work but a face turn as a test would help him.

Jack wouldn't need to improve that much on the mic if he was paired up with a mouthpiece wrestler with good mic skills like Alex Riley. They look like a modern day Stan Gable and Ogre.

Road Dogg-mouthpiece
Gunn-not

Mike Rotundo-mouthpiece
Steve Williams-not

Tag team is the way to go with Jack. Imo hes as good as he's gonna get on the mic. He's been in the E long enough to make that fair determination.

PSOjedi
07-14-2012, 04:30 AM
he beats people with there own signature moves
Can't wait to see Swagger vs Santino......:rolleyes:

lol

Snair
07-14-2012, 04:38 AM
As SG said, Swagger's in-ring skills are more than good.Maybe he needs to give-up his wannabe Kurt angle attire and go back to something like thishttp://i53.tinypic.com/vpexcj.jpg A new theme song wouldn't hurt either.

MachoManFan
07-15-2012, 01:39 AM
I like the idea of Swagger and A-Ry as a team. Swagger as a singles competitor I'd turn into a superhero. Like the Hurricane of Blue Blazer (RIP) as opposed to Super Cena type. I doubt many would miss Swagger if he just disappeared and the kids would love a new masked character that didn't need funny lights and could speak English (sorry Sin Cara). His collegiate style would work well as a hero type too, the ankle lock could be like dragging a naughty child by the ear rather than an agressive thing.

Callum
07-15-2012, 09:09 AM
If he is to turn face the MITB is perfect. Have Vickie cheat to allow Dolph to climb the ladder only for Swagger to push him off setting up Ziggler vs Swagger for Summerslam

LFCPunk
07-15-2012, 11:25 AM
If he is to turn face the MITB is perfect. Have Vickie cheat to allow Dolph to climb the ladder only for Swagger to push him off setting up Ziggler vs Swagger for Summerslam

But with the fans being behind Ziggler as much as they are then surely swagger would only draw more heat for ruining Dolph's chance? (granted he is on his way to the main event scene anyway)