PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts about NXT?

dub
07-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Me personally I think this show is awesome and displays alot of great young talent. It's sad but I find myself looking forward to this show more so than Smackdown and Raw at times... (IDK maybe it's because i'm more a "wrestling" guy than a "storyline" guy) I've noticed they have a lot of captivating gimmicks that make you wanna watch the product, guys like Ambrose, Rollins, Ohno, Wyatt, Ascension, even the Divas are really good but my thing is... Isn't this what the MAIN shows need RIGHT NOW! Don't they need more guys (and gals) that can captivate you and make you go: "What tha?!?!?" I mean look at the impact Sandow is making right now. Anyways enough of me rambling, let me know what you guys think about NXT and how soon these guys should be called up. Thnx

BadAndy
07-13-2012, 10:09 AM
My thoughts are, I'm pissed I can't watch it. I'm also pissed that apparently they are going to still push Mahal. What do they see in this guy? I hope Johnny Curtis doesn't get buried in all the FCW guys coming up. He's a fun guy to watch.

dub
07-13-2012, 10:18 AM
My thoughts are, I'm pissed I can't watch it. I'm also pissed that apparently they are going to still push Mahal. What do they see in this guy? I hope Johnny Curtis doesn't get buried in all the FCW guys coming up. He's a fun guy to watch.

Dat sucks B.A. cuz it's a really good show... can u youtube it? Oh and I don't know what they see in Mahal maybe they are tryin to condure up some of that Muhammed Hassan and Davari magic. But it's not working.

Kenny Kaos
07-13-2012, 12:02 PM
I've watched every episode on youtube so far, you don't have to miss out.

It is head and shoulders the best thing on WWE TV at the minute, which its kinda sad seeing as its the D list show (A. Raw, B. Smackdown, C. Superstars)

dub
07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
I've watched every episode on youtube so far, you don't have to miss out.

It is head and shoulders the best thing on WWE TV at the minute, which its kinda sad seeing as its the D list show (A. Raw, B. Smackdown, C. Superstars)

I just don't get it Kenny... Oh well it's good to see that i'm not the only one who thinks the "D" show is the best.

pgarcia79
07-17-2012, 04:29 PM
You guys still don't get it? Yes NXT is their "D" show, and yes, I will admit also that right now I look more forward to NXT than I do Raw or Smackdown every week, but nxt is NOT their bread and butter. Raw and Smackdown are. As a fan, I wanna see more NXT type matches on Monday and Fridays also. But if I was an investor or a shareholder or any kind of business partner of the worked with WWE to promote the PG era John Cena-esk version of the WWE, I would have a shit fit if they stopped pushing the colorful characters like Cena. Why? Because those characters pay the bills, AND THEN SOME.

I know this may sound strange to some, but IMO the worse thing the WWE can do right now, FROM A BUSINESS STANDPOINT, is to become more like TNA. Why? Because then you start to ignore the casual fans that probably make up about 80% of their viewership, attendance, revenue stream, and ratings.

But don't feel left out marks. The WWE is in a transition period. Change will come, and the emergence of show's like NXT are just a hint of that change. But it will take some time. It's not gonna happen overnight.

Robstar
07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't think YOU get it. They have to churn their butter and bake their bread somewhere - that's the most important step. You can gloss it up with as many toppings as you like but it doesn't make it fit for consumption.

Cabers
07-18-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't think YOU get it. They have to churn their butter and bake their bread somewhere - that's the most important step. You can gloss it up with as many toppings as you like but it doesn't make it fit for consumption.

The second i saw vickie do that (Your sig) at the ppv i knew it was only a matter of time lol

Ernest Wert
08-08-2012, 02:59 PM
At least NXT had some storylines before it got overran by FCW. When I heard that black chick ring announcer with absolutely no voice at all when NXT Season 6 started, I thought: GOD!! DAMN!!!! IT!!!!!! Now it has no storylines yet, but I hope they'll come back. Although the great downside is that there are no pros/rookies ties anymore, it was what made NXT a great show from the start.
Also: Superstars - C and NXT - D... Really? It's like saying that Smackdown was better than RAW in late 2009.

FancyShmancyPants17
08-08-2012, 08:35 PM
There's uploaded YouTube videos of NXT, try that. That's what I do.

FancyShmancyPants17
08-08-2012, 08:38 PM
I think NXT is basically FCW, with the just about everything there the same as in FCW. I think the talent are great and enjoy watching them wrestle. It's also nice to hear Regal on commentary. :)