PDA

View Full Version : Everything Can Change...But One Thing Has To Change First

Robstar
07-13-2012, 06:28 AM
This thread topic is nothing new, it's no new revelation. We all know what's going on here. WWE TV has been in the crapper so much lately - the quality of storylines they're giving is terrible; there's no depth; no sense of futures possible. There is a clear display from the WWE office of an absence of faith in the potential of their own roster; in their own 'Superstars'. Although it might have slowed, the revolving door for talent is still very much in working order.

WWE has it's priorities all out of whack. Linda McMahon's political ambitions have been the catalyst for too much WWE policy. If true, the reports that the lack of 'future endeavouring' of late has been simply a case of how it might be used against Linda by her opponents. I don't doubt, but don't completely blame, that the move to PG isn't partially due to Linda's grab for political power. If she achieves any measure of success in politics, it will continue to a trickle down effect for what WWE is doing and feels it can do.

And that's not good news for WWE fans. Which is why they are in the process of phasing out the old fan and creating something new for themselves, to ensure their continued existence.

Gone will be the 'old-school' loyal and long term fan. They're being replaced with the 5 second attention span, application downloading, Twitter using disposable culture new generation of fan. People who are being fooled into thinking they have disposable income when they don't; encouraged to spend, spend, spend by cheap gimmicks and scare tactics.

Ironically, by investing in this 'future', they're mortgaging their past (us) and mining the bedrock of their very foundation.

Vince McMahon needs to go - NOW!!! The man who made wrestling what it is today is the very man who can bring it down - by virtue of his all-powerful egotistical burning desire to control absolutely everything before him. It's how all power mad people fall.

TheBritishInvasion
07-13-2012, 08:14 AM
perhaps a 'Revolution' needs to start

Xpacfan
07-13-2012, 09:01 AM
This thread topic is nothing new, it's no new revelation. We all know what's going on here. WWE TV has been in the crapper so much lately - the quality of storylines they're giving is terrible; there's no depth; no sense of futures possible. There is a clear display from the WWE office of an absence of faith in the potential of their own roster; in their own 'Superstars'. Although it might have slowed, the revolving door for talent is still very much in working order.

WWE has it's priorities all out of whack. Linda McMahon's political ambitions have been the catalyst for too much WWE policy. If true, the reports that the lack of 'future endeavouring' of late has been simply a case of how it might be used against Linda by her opponents. I don't doubt, but don't completely blame, that the move to PG isn't partially due to Linda's grab for political power. If she achieves any measure of success in politics, it will continue to a trickle down effect for what WWE is doing and feels it can do.

And that's not good news for WWE fans. Which is why they are in the process of phasing out the old fan and creating something new for themselves, to ensure their continued existence.

Gone will be the 'old-school' loyal and long term fan. They're being replaced with the 5 second attention span, application downloading, Twitter using disposable culture new generation of fan. People who are being fooled into thinking they have disposable income when they don't; encouraged to spend, spend, spend by cheap gimmicks and scare tactics.

Ironically, by investing in this 'future', they're mortgaging their past (us) and mining the bedrock of their very foundation.

Vince McMahon needs to go - NOW!!! The man who made wrestling what it is today is the very man who can bring it down - by virtue of his all-powerful egotistical burning desire to control absolutely everything before him. It's how all power mad people fall.

TNA welcomes you with open arms, my friend

Y2JLionsault
07-13-2012, 10:33 AM
As soon as you spoke about Linda McMahon I had the epiphany that you spoke of, lol. I dont know why I never saw it before but yeah he does need to go. I think he needs to relinquish his power in the company. An affiliation with it will always be there, he built it. I don't want him to leave, but if he gives up the power he has within the company at least officially, then the product will not continue to suffer because of Linda's endeavours. It's sad the product suffers because of her unrelated career. Unfair to the company but putting someone else in charge who isn't a McMahon means that the product can be more free and not stuck trying to please politicians and instead please the fans as it was intended.

MrVoteLibertarian
07-13-2012, 10:45 AM
You'll see a change in the WWE when TNA starts to threaten them(like WCW did). They don't need/have to change until they get pressured to.

Lowki
07-13-2012, 10:59 AM
WWF was always great before WCW even posed any kind of threat...

Pumpkinhead
07-13-2012, 11:59 AM
I think the old man has some more years left running the E' before Hunter takes over and let's be honest the casual fans are giving it enough money so he has already completely forgot of the older fans,he don't need us, there are two options: either adapt to the product or simply stop watching and go to team TNA. Don't take it serious is just Wrestling!!!

Something tells me if Cena wins the MITB this sunday (Probably he will) many fans will leave

Iron Ape
07-13-2012, 12:24 PM
I think the old man has some more years left running the E' before Hunter takes over and let's be honest the casual fans are giving it enough money so he has already completely forgot of the older fans,he don't need us, there are two options: either adapt to the product or simply stop watching and go to team TNA. Don't take it serious is just Wrestling!!!

Something tells me if Cena wins the MITB this sunday (Probably he will) many fans will leave
If people stopped watching, then what would they have to bitch about?

Cena win or not, I don't see a damn thing happening to the symbiosis between the WWE and its current fan base.

Xpacfan
07-13-2012, 12:28 PM
You'll see a change in the WWE when TNA starts to threaten them(like WCW did). They don't need/have to change until they get pressured to.

BINGO! And in order for that to happen, fans need to do a "ratings swap"

Pumpkinhead
07-13-2012, 12:37 PM
If people stopped watching, then what would they have to bitch about?

Cena win or not, I don't see a damn thing happening to the symbiosis between the WWE and its current fan base.
People always find something to bitch about, the thing is that with current state of the product another Cena run will be the detonate to many angry unstisfased after all that has happened recently, but as you said, WWE fan base won't suffer because the IWC is a minority

I think I didn't explain myself correctly, my aopologies

maar13
07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
TNA welcomes you with open arms, my friend

A few months ago I would have crapped over that statement but TNA has been doing really well on the PPVs and seems like they are finally letting their stars evolve.

The last PPV was an statement of how they really want to improve and change.

Yes, there is IMO still a lot of crap there but the main picture si lokking better and better with the times.

I am fan of both but if TNA really starts shaking thing up a little bit they might get the WWE to also shift gears and go out of their belief that there is nothing that can bring them dowm or make them break a sweat.

Pumpkinhead
07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Let me see if I get this, you're saying TNA fans watch TNA not because TNA likes them but just to believe if they watch they can hold on a dream that WWE can go to the back what they were before... things change

Iron Ape
07-13-2012, 12:46 PM
People always find something to bitch about, the thing is that with current state of the product another Cena run will be the detonate to many angry unstisfased after all that has happened recently, but as you said, WWE fan base won't suffer because the IWC is a minority

I think I didn't explain myself correctly, my aopologies
I've been hearing about how another Cena title-run would be the tipping point for, like, the last 3 or 4 Cena championship reigns. And each and every time, nothing has come of it. I guess I'm just not seeing how this prospective run is any different than any of the other "If Cena wins the belt, that's it! I'm done!" scenarios.

It really would be truly great if fans were to organize and send the WWE message by tuning-in elsewhere, but I have absolutely no faith in that happening (especially with another status quo move like putting the belt back on Cena being the so-called catalyst).

G.G.G.
07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
I didn't realize the future implications of what could happen if Linda wins. So after all this I pray to god she doesn't win, because it will affect the product greatly especially depending on what policies and stuff she tries to change. Which means anything she stands for has to stand for what WWE believes in as well

Asherdelampyr
07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
perhaps a 'Revolution' needs to start

(getting a lot of use out of this song today)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdOsL4Xe7Q

Seriously though I agree Vince needs to get out now, and I see no reason why Trip can't take over. As much as people want to claim that "The Clique" was running shit, nobody wants to admit that if they were running everything, they did a pretty good job while they were doing so.

love him or hate him the man eats, sleeps and breathes wrestling.

Asherdelampyr
07-13-2012, 12:50 PM
I didn't realize the future implications of what could happen if Linda wins. So after all this I pray to god she doesn't win, because it will affect the product greatly especially depending on what policies and stuff she tries to change. Which means anything she stands for has to stand for what WWE believes in as well

she might win if her opponents can't spend more time talking about what they are bringing to the table instead of just trying to bury her.

G.G.G.
07-13-2012, 01:02 PM
she might win if her opponents can't spend more time talking about what they are bringing to the table instead of just trying to bury her.

Exactly but I mean welcome to current day politics where the only way to win is to make your opponent look worse to the public.

On a side note with what I have been reading about Triple H doing I think Vince only has a couple years left before it is totally in the hands of HHH (which I'm excited for). I think they let Triple H do his thing right now they will see how it pans out and then if everything goes well they gradually hand the company over to Triple H and Steph

Cabers
07-13-2012, 02:13 PM
I still think the are holding everything off until the 1000th episode so until then we get pure and utter shite.

Lowki
07-13-2012, 02:51 PM
As someone who watches TNA regularly i have to break it to you; TNA just isn't that good.

Robstar
07-13-2012, 04:21 PM
WWE have something really exciting and promising in NXT (if you haven't checked out the new format, do so asap) and I don't want to see that go to waste. I question whether Vince can actually hang it up and walk away. I really don't like to say it but it would take something catastrophic in my opinion - not that I wish for that.

The thing I want to say about HHH - people are concerned that he has held people back in the past. I'm certain he did. But now that his position is safe and assured, I truly believe that he's interested in the growth of the product and seeing new guys come up. He's a politicker for sure - lol, he knows how to play 'the game'. But WWE's future lies in his and Steph's hands. HHH has good intuition for the business because he is a fan​.

pgarcia79
07-14-2012, 03:26 PM

This made me laugh. I'm very curious as to how they are going to threaten them when they continue to cater to the "hardcore" fans. I'm sorry, but If I were in charge, had all the assets I need at my disposal, and wanted to threaten WWE by stealing fans and ratings, the FIRST thing I would do would be to STOP catering to the "smart" fans. That would allow me to expand my demography, increase my ratings, and see growth in my company.

eyehatecena
07-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Hey, what happened to my post?

Robstar
07-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Hey, what happened to my post?

You must have left it in another thread. Otherwise we'd be still able to see if it was deleted or anything