PDA

View Full Version : TNA TV Title

Peter Kaymakcian
07-13-2012, 02:57 AM
So what happened to it getting defended every week on TV?

HungOver
07-13-2012, 03:10 AM
No harm to Devon but he is just plain boring.I would like to see the title on Rvd,Pope r someone along those lines.Have the title defended in main events on impact to give it more prestige not every week but a chance to build up a few decent feuds.Keep the heavyweight belt defended only for PPVs also to give it more creditability.

PJaybe
07-13-2012, 03:45 AM
So what happened to it getting defended every week on TV?

Wasn't the stipulation lifted by HH (sic) for the duration of the BFG tournament??

Philip

jai
07-13-2012, 03:46 AM
I used to like it, but recently, the TV title sucks. I like that it was to be defended weekly, but Devon is champ. There is only so much he can do.

SLEEPY LOCO1
07-13-2012, 04:06 AM
The title should be defended only once a month so that good feuds can build up. Also Devon needs to lose the title, give it to some one that people actually want to see like Magnus or the Pope.

Xpacfan
07-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Personally, I don't think Devon is to blame. I think TNA creative is dropping the ball with the TV title and is not being consistant. They need to attach a nice little angle to Devon's title reign to add relevancy and more of a reason for it to be defended week after week.

Or maybe even a stipulation that almost forces them not to forget about it...kinda like the old "24 hour defence" rule for the WWE hardcore title.

Wrestling Realist
07-13-2012, 06:43 AM
The title should be defended only once a month so that good feuds can build up. Also Devon needs to lose the title, give it to some one that people actually want to see like Magnus or the Pope.
^^this right here^^
There is no need for a title defence every week or that in itself start to become pointless

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-13-2012, 07:03 AM
I respect what they are trying to do, but it was a dumb idea making it THAT frequent. They should just make it once every 15 days so if they can not fit it on a show they can simply move it to next week.

Sahu
07-13-2012, 08:44 AM
put it on some one who can talk n wrestle...like Pope or Magnus....let Gunner/Crimson also fight for it...let these big but non-mainevent guys fight for the TV Title...

monctonvike
07-13-2012, 09:46 AM
There is allot going on in tna. I would like to see the title defended regularly. However I understand there is only like 1hr and 40 minutes of air time to work with. Overall I think its been more than just a prop in the last few months.I am really glad thet started defending it again. I am not gonna get butthurt if its not defended weekly. I hope they continue to focus on it. When push comes to shove though, the xdivision title is greater than the tv title imo.

LuckIsForLosers
07-13-2012, 10:57 AM
TNA shot themselves in the foot by introducing that rule. It should be defended at every PPV- every impact makes it less prestigious - it isn't a 24/7 title like the hardcore one, the whole point of that rule was that mp"matches" would take place in parking lots, lockers etc thus living up to the hardcore element. The tv title is a wrestling title, that is meant to be the company's 2nd best heavyweight title. As long as there are engaging plot lines or rivalries around it, defending it once a month at ppvs is fine. They could do a wrestling rivalry kind of thing at times a la angle Jericho with the intercontinental and European titles wa back. Then once in a while, a proper plot line.

As for Devon - the fans enjoy him but he's boring and vanilla as a character. Pope, Magnus, Joe, Kenny King, Styles, Daniels, Kaz, RVD - all valid contenders who can make it more exciting. By doing this once a week thing, TNA places an obligation on itself that removes the PPV status of a title and will lead to forced, last minute Devon squash matches to uphold consistency. At the next PPV there should be an 8 man ladder or high risk match for the title including said names and Devon should drop to someone more interesting. Then , in WWE/ joe ninja fashion, the once a week stipulation should be conveniently forgotten

drumn4life0789
07-13-2012, 11:12 AM
I think the tv title should be defended every week until it has an actual feud. Its a tv title it is supposed to be defended on reg tv. But with BFG going in its hard to fit that belt in. Every other week works and a Devon appearance in the off week works as well.

BadAndy
07-13-2012, 11:48 AM
TNA shot themselves in the foot by introducing that rule. It should be defended at every PPV- every impact makes it less prestigious - it isn't a 24/7 title like the hardcore one, the whole point of that rule was that mp"matches" would take place in parking lots, lockers etc thus living up to the hardcore element. The tv title is a wrestling title, that is meant to be the company's 2nd best heavyweight title. As long as there are engaging plot lines or rivalries around it, defending it once a month at ppvs is fine. They could do a wrestling rivalry kind of thing at times a la angle Jericho with the intercontinental and European titles wa back. Then once in a while, a proper plot line.

I totally disagree with it becoming less prestigious. It is called TV and should be defended on TV. I think defending titles on television actually bring more prestige. The title holder becomes more of a fighting champ that way instead of just carrying it around on his shoulder.

PSOjedi
07-13-2012, 11:59 AM
This title means nothing and all what is build around is boring whoever is the champ. It was better as the Legend belt.

The Phantom Menace
07-13-2012, 12:16 PM
The TNA TV Title was once a highly contested belt in TNA back when A.J. had it. The every week rule is a bit forced maybe twice a month on Impact & once at that months PPV is more than enough. If they do it twice a month we could get to see contenders matches, with Devon or whoever the champ is on commentary. So far I would say only A.J. & Gunner have been worthy TV Champions.

Sniffsquad
07-13-2012, 12:45 PM
They don't have the time with BFG series, after the series is over Devon will probable drop it to someone and then it will be defended weekly k

LuckIsForLosers
07-13-2012, 01:46 PM
This title means nothing and all what is build around is boring whoever is the champ. It was better as the Legend belt.
Definitely agree. Legends Belt sounded cheesy and whatnot but it had more of the air of a prestigious secondary heavyweight belt. Defending a title every week means 1) it loses the novelty of being a PPV thing 2) someone having a 3 month reign makes it seem like they are having a one yr reign with 12-15 defences including PPVs and 3) unless you have much of the roster gunning for it and having shots, it becomes the same group of contenders week after week, as we have seen with Robbie and Devon. The former prevents building up a storyline while the latter is boring.

But first step. Have Devon drop to someone more engaging and return Devon to tag wrestling.

Cabers
07-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Wasn't the stipulation lifted by HH (sic) for the duration of the BFG tournament??

Philip

10 points for Philip! Yeah Tenay said that during Gutcheck that it was removed for the duration of the BFG series but in reality its another thrown on the scrap heap don't expect for it to return.

aweso_me
07-13-2012, 03:58 PM
If it's not defended every week then we are going to complain that it's a tv title and should be defended every week on tv. We will never be satisfied. Devon will eventually drop it to Gunner or someone like that. It is good that Devon has it because he wasn't doing much. The BFG guys shouldn't be involved in the TV title picture because they are supposed to be focusing on the World title. I looked at the roster and everybody has some kind of feud with somebody else. Gunner, the Robbies, Doug Williams and a few others don't have anything to do. They can be involved with Devon's title. It would be something different if Alex Silva had a match with Devon and Silva won. It could help him develop a character.

aweso_me
07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by LuckIsForLosers http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?p=579035#post579035)
Definitely agree. Legends Belt sounded cheesy and whatnot but it had more of the air of a prestigious secondary heavyweight belt. Defending a title every week means 1) it loses the novelty of being a PPV thing 2) someone having a 3 month reign makes it seem like they are having a one yr reign with 12-15 defences including PPVs and 3) unless you have much of the roster gunning for it and having shots, it becomes the same group of contenders week after week, as we have seen with Robbie and Devon. The former prevents building up a storyline while the latter is boring.

But first step. Have Devon drop to someone more engaging and return Devon to tag wrestling.

Did the discussion change to a WWE belt?

LuckIsForLosers
07-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Did the discussion change to a WWE belt?
Well played sir, ah the irony

HCollins-TNA1
07-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Every other week or once a month (as someone said) would be a good choice.... that way you can build feuds with non title matches and even bring new challengers in and put the belt on someone else...

ObscureRessurection
07-13-2012, 10:57 PM
I think more defenses would have added more to the belt. I had completely forgotten about that. I guess TNA thought that they could sweep it under the rug.

wrestlingfan66513
07-13-2012, 11:32 PM
We really need a second one hour TV show. Let it focus on the TV title more and the lower card tag, X-division and knockouts to build them up. But Devon is a boring champion, I honestly think they gave it to him to keep both members of Team 3D busy until they want to reunite them.

HCollins-TNA1
07-13-2012, 11:54 PM
We really need a second one hour TV show. Let it focus on the TV title more and the lower card tag, X-division and knockouts to build them up. But Devon is a boring champion, I honestly think they gave it to him to keep both members of Team 3D busy until they want to reunite them.

Agree there a 2nd show be 1 or 2 hours is what needed.... Have the TV title defended on it every week.... maybe Impact once a month and at most PPVs...
But as most said Devon is popular but is to bland to gain any big attention.... Give the belt to bully Ray already.... or someone like Gunner...

body slam
07-14-2012, 08:18 AM
The problem is Devon sucks at being a good guy. They need to turn him heel or put the title on some one else.

aweso_me
07-14-2012, 10:27 AM
He was a pretty good heel in WWE when he ad Batista with him.

deadly56
07-15-2012, 08:17 AM
I haven't been watching TNA a whole lot like I did in the past, but as I recall TNA is bringing in new Talent to try and qualify to be in TNA. I was thinking how about they scrap that and just do a whole different show. Basically it will be TNA's NXT, But with major changes. The TV Title could be the main Title of the show and who ever is holding the TV Title in TNA's NXT, gives them the right to appear on Impact.

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-15-2012, 08:49 AM
I haven't been watching TNA a whole lot like I did in the past, but as I recall TNA is bringing in new Talent to try and qualify to be in TNA. I was thinking how about they scrap that and just do a whole different show. Basically it will be TNA's NXT, But with major changes. The TV Title could be the main Title of the show and who ever is holding the TV Title in TNA's NXT, gives them the right to appear on Impact.

As much as we all know that TNA needs another show, we have to face the fact that they cannot give us another show just yet. They have launched (re-launched) the re-cap show before Impact to help give us a little more of the fix we need, but that show is mostly voice-overs, video recaps, and a few interviews shot after the previous weeks matches. The $$ spent on the editing and putting together of the recap show is a lot less than what would/should be spent in producing a separate show. Even if it was just a 1 hour program with 3 matches and a few angle builds, it would still cost greater than what the recap costs.

The biggest thing that TNA needs is to garner a better marketing ploy to bring in more sponsors and get some more income in order to give us a second show. This is going to be accomplished by taking the show on the road to get new fans introduced to the product, and by gaining a group of true marketing strategist who can pitch ideas to sponsors that will bring in more income to the company... Much like how they acquired Direct Auto as a sponsor. If you want TNA to have another show, contact spike TV (go to Google and search "Spike TV Contact" and you'll find several sites that will provide you or guide you to the right places where you can voice your opinion. I recommend "parentstv(dot)org" because they will give you specific addresses and #'s to contact with comments and suggestions to all networks) and tell them what you want out of the service they provide.

The wrestling industry is unique in that you, as a fan, have the ability to voice your opinion... Both at the shows, on the websites, and in that you have the right as a fan to let the provider (Spike) and promotion (TNA) know what you want out of them... Just do it respectfully and tastefully or else you will be ignored, as anyone who acts immature should be.