PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the stables gone?

Double Axehandle
07-12-2012, 05:41 PM
The only one I can think of currently in the wwe is the AW mini stable. Legacy had a decent but small stable that lasted for a while so that might be seen as proof the right type of stables can get over with the fans. The last traditional stable (4 man) I remember was evolution and again a very successful group. I see stables as a way of getting young talent over very easily by using the veterans as mentors. If AW is to be successful he will have to add a veteran like a Jericho and almost-there breakout stars like Ziggler. That's just my thoughts.

akbar
07-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I hate Stables, always interrupting matches. Boring shit.

P.s- This thread might just survive!

Double Axehandle
07-12-2012, 05:49 PM
I hate Stables, always interrupting matches. Boring shit.

P.s- This thread might just survive!

Haha we shall see.

But stables are a great way to help develop young talent quickly IMO. Look at how quickly Batista and orton took off because of evolution. If used properly they help the wrestlers and can be very entertaining ( think DX).

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Kill the thread...KILL IT NOW!

On the real, it seems like stables come in bunches. We get one in one company and 87 more pop up. Tonight we might get a new one in TNA's Deadman's Hand.

Double Axehandle
07-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Kill the thread...KILL IT NOW!

On the real, it seems like stables come in bunches. We get one in one company and 87 more pop up. Tonight we might get a new one in TNA's Deadman's Hand.

Well I'm not advocating bad stables like the JOB squad but the effective ones really get the young guys over and make for interesting storylines. At this point id rather have a generic destructive stable like the nexus going through the roster than more of the big show monster heel or Roidback squash matches.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
07-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I love a good stable.. But it's played too death.

Look at TNA with all the stables they have had.. They often end the same way and for the most part Don't often help matches but hinder them.. On the other hand when a good stable comes along it's cool too watch and as you say when you see people like Orton and Batista grow from a stable into stand alone performers it's awesome too see.

I'm interested too see where this AW stable goes. :)

jelle1809
07-12-2012, 06:04 PM
I hated all the stables (except The Nexus (where wwe missed the complete ball) and DX).

Double Axehandle
07-12-2012, 06:21 PM
I hated all the stables (except The Nexus (where wwe missed the complete ball) and DX).

You haven't been watching very long then because IMO the corporation (not corporate ministry crap) was awesome and launched the rock.

K-Jammin
07-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Bring back The Oddities!

Robstar
07-12-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm going to go ahead and opine that anyone who's saying they don't like stables didn't watch wrestling in the 80's.

I love stables. I love having a group of wrestlers all under the one banner, all seemingly working towards the same goal. They were always great for story arcs and anyone who thinks all they could do was run-ins is seriously mistaken.

Double Axehandle
07-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm going to go ahead and opine that anyone who's saying they don't like stables didn't watch wrestling in the 80's.

I love stables. I love having a group of wrestlers all under the one banner, all seemingly working towards the same goal. They were always great for story arcs and anyone who thinks all they could do was run-ins is seriously mistaken.

Agreed. The DX and nation of domination feud was one of the best overall feuds in either wwf or wcw in the late 90s. Only stone cold had a more entertaining angle during that time IMO.

Robstar
07-12-2012, 07:18 PM
I loved the way Bobby Heenan would handle "friction" between his wrestlers who at times, thought he was giving preference to one over others or pushing one wrestler to the world title and others would become disgruntled and Heenan, like a good manager, would have to talk fast and make all sorts of promises to placate his wrestlers. It gave the scene a whole lot more DEPTH. Something that is currently missing

The Brown One
07-12-2012, 07:22 PM
You're still talking about Evolution? That was ages ago. Recent stables haven't been anywhere as effective, but they served their purpose and had their moments - like The Legacy, Fortune.
I don't want stables in WWE or TNA for a while, as TNA has had more than enough in the past couple of years.

RedDevilSativa
07-13-2012, 01:18 AM
stables are awesome ive always thought with all the 2nd and 3rd gen superstars on the books why isnt there a big stable of them. i know they already did legacy but im talking bigger with cody rhodes as leader and whc

scribbler_jones
07-13-2012, 01:39 AM
stables are awesome ive always thought with all the 2nd and 3rd gen superstars on the books why isnt there a big stable of them. i know they already did legacy but im talking bigger with cody rhodes as leader and whc

I like :D Rhodes was part of Legacy, so it could tie in as him reviving it as New Legacy. I enjoyed watching the original group, personally.

As far as the general discussion, stables have been done a bit with some hits and misses... I still wish they'd done more with Nexus - and less with The Corre. Just the spelling of the name is abysmal - and the actual group wasn't far behind. IMO.

The Brown One
07-13-2012, 02:51 AM

Like Rhodes, Dibiase, Steamboat? I like the sound of something like that. But it's too soon to have stables back again.

Rick BoA
07-13-2012, 02:59 AM
Stables have to have the right mix of people. Edge, JBL and CM Punks stable didnt work because it was full of guys nobody cared about.
Evolution was amazing because they took 2 amazing veteran heels and gave them guys with actual potential.

I would love to see another stable in the WWE but I honestly do not see someone worth being the face of the stable currently.

Robstar
07-13-2012, 03:10 AM
Stables have to have the right mix of people. Edge, JBL and CM Punks stable didnt work because it was full of guys nobody cared about.
Evolution was amazing because they took 2 amazing veteran heels and gave them guys with actual potential.

I would love to see another stable in the WWE but I honestly do not see someone worth being the face of the stable currently.

This is right. If they'd kept on pushing the Bashams or the Majors *cough* or Festus (what WAS his name?) and made them relevant, then things might have been different. As it was, they were about as important as the Teddy Long's oversized suit

masakaritko
07-13-2012, 03:15 AM
A genius way of pushing younger talent would be to create a heel stable of main eventers with John Cena at the center, then a face stable of all younger guys with main event and almost main event status. Let's say it was Cena, Punk, Orton, Daniel Bryan, and Mysterio vs. Barrett, Ziggler, Del Rio, Rhodes, and Sheamus. Yes, mostly complete role reversals with the exception of Sheamus and Bryan. I think sheamus pulls off being a face quite well, whereas Bryan is turning into a master heel. I know they will never do this, because every stable over the past however many years has always been one main event guy with a bunch of lackeys. Sometimes, no main eventer at all. This would be a better solution. I mean, they usually only put main focus in one or two storylines at a time anyway, and this would allow them to nearly fill entire ppv's as a continuous story line like they did back in the day. This would also solve the problem of WWE programming being a 2-3 hour variety show, and instead make it easier to follow, because something will always be happening that ties into the main story line. The main story line would of course consist of several smaller branching story lines based on feuds. Unfortunately, it would likely all have to culminate at survivor series, then it would be over and everyone goes back to their parts on the RAW SUPERSHOW, featuring dancing fat guys and the italian sherlock holmes.

Kenny Kaos
07-13-2012, 07:32 AM
For every good stable (Evolution, DX, 4 Horsemen, nWo) I can name just as many bad ones (Latino World Order, Disciples of Apocalypse. The Corre, Los Boricuas, Corporate Ministry)

Kenny Kaos
07-13-2012, 07:38 AM
P.S. - X-Factor...worst...stable...ever!

Mr Punk
07-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Stable feud between a stable of indy guys and a stable of generation guys.

Cabers
07-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Stables are great to watch when done right.

And i saw people mention AW he is managing a tag team not a stable!

Rick BoA
07-13-2012, 10:18 PM
P.S. - X-Factor...worst...stable...ever!

The oddities, or Mean street Possy would give them a run for their money.

PSOjedi
07-14-2012, 03:33 AM
Where have all the stables gone ?
In TNA..................:rolleyes: