PDA

View Full Version : Why do we as fans jump to conclusions?

Callum
07-12-2012, 04:05 PM
I've been meaning to make this thread for a while now as I've often wondered why we so called 'smarks' jump to a conclusion before the angle plays out.

The best example for this would be Daniel Bryans 18 second lost at Wrestlemania, soon after he lost these forums had fans claiming Wwe had ruined Daniel Bryan and he was destined to go back to the mid card. In my opinion, had he not lost in 18 seconds, he wouldn't of gotten the reaction he got the night after WM, the Yes chants wouldn't of started and he wouldn't be (hopefully) main eventing the pay per view that launched his career.

Your Thoughts?

ROH
07-12-2012, 04:45 PM
me and mother wish everyone would stop judging everyone

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-12-2012, 05:06 PM
That we do. We speculate and jump to conclusions!

Plus with wrestling these days you can more likely than not see things happening a mile away.

thesubverse
07-12-2012, 05:14 PM
We've watched for years, watched a few shoot videos, read "behind the scenes!!!!!!!!" articles, and we think we know how the business works better than anyone who's ever worked in the business.

We're stupid.

The Brown One
07-12-2012, 07:16 PM
To answer the question: it might be because we think wrestling is really predictable nowadays. I for one think it is most of the time, although there are more and more occasions where the WWE surprises us and change storylines - like when Punk stayed champion for more than the 2 months that people were predicting, and the MITB winners of the past 2 years. It wouldn't be a huge shock if they decided not to give Cena, Ziggler or Rhodes the MITB briefcase this year.

CM_SUXX_NOT
07-12-2012, 07:20 PM
me and mother wish everyone would stop judging everyone
Didn't take long for the police to get you then. Now where's Bodom with his keys....

Robstar
07-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Ummmmm....pretty sure that if we couldn't speculate (or 'jump to conclusions') about things yet to happen, then we'd have nothing to talk about! That's the whole bloody basis for the IWC! Or are we just supposed to talk about what's already happened - but wait - you can't really do that without sometimes touching on what might yet happen. So, your whole question is really a moot point. There can't be one without the other.

CM_SUXX_NOT
07-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Ummmmm....pretty sure that if we couldn't speculate (or 'jump to conclusions') about things yet to happen, then we'd have nothing to talk about! That's the whole bloody basis for the IWC! Or are we just supposed to talk about what's already happened - but wait - you can't really do that without sometimes touching on what might yet happen. So, your whole question is really a moot point. There can't be one without the other.

And of course if we do talk about the past, we're labeled grouchy cunts who need to move on from the Attitude Era.

It's much better to speculate on the future and jump to conclusions, because when we do jump to conclusions, sometimes we get pleasantly surprised.

Robstar
07-12-2012, 07:41 PM
It's like we can't risk being wrong because there's always someone who will go "See? You were so wrong! How can you look at yourself in the mirror knowing you were wrong?" It's gotten ridiculous. What the hell is wrong with people?

Dennis
07-12-2012, 08:05 PM
exactly my thoughts.. if we aren't right all the time that just shows wwe creative isn't as awful as we think all the time.. but most of the time we can take a guess what is going to happen.. like I'm pretty sure we all knew big show was going to come back to the wwe as a heel after being "fired"

Cabers
07-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Because we over analyse everything are you happy? There i said it, no its out there now!