PDA

View Full Version : how do you think the rock will become he wwe champ?

rodrik
07-11-2012, 10:22 PM
so today I saw a lot of questions or speculations about the rock winning the wwe championship.
I have been thinking and IF the rock wins the wwe championship it will probably be something special (very special).
so here's the possibilities that I can come up with:

against who: Cena

when: somewhere around wrestlemania 29

how: winning the royal rumble match because he's busy with movies and the royal rumble is perfect for that problem since he only has to win 1 match to be #1 contender.

will he actually win the match: yes, I think he will win at wrestlemania and a month or 2 months at most, lose it, because he probably won't stick around for too long unfortunatly

please share your thoughts

ps: please leave the hate, if you don't like the rock or the idea of the rock winning, please express your opinion respectfully

Dennis
07-11-2012, 10:55 PM
I might be alone on this but I dislike the idea of the rock winning the title... while your idea is one of a few options the rock will ever have to reclaim the gold and I respect the thought behind it I don't think the rock deserves the belt over younger superstars who are working every week... but to be honest him winning the rumble makes a ton of sense.... probably from the 27 spot to keep the allure of the number 27 spot going... and he will win at wrestlemania if he wins the rumble but IMO the wwe should have him face someone besides cena.. maybe daniel bryan who in my opinion is as good as a match up as the rock will have in the wwe today.

Double Axehandle
07-11-2012, 11:25 PM
The rock will become champion under only 2 circumstances: 1. He will come back as part time wrestler with a Brock schedule and put Hollywood behind him or 2. (now we have the impossible fan fiction out of the way) he wins the belt someone cashes in mitb either that night or the next on raw and relieves the rock of the belt while still letting him have 1 more title reign. These are the only plausible scenarios IMO.

Dennis
07-11-2012, 11:28 PM
The rock will become champion under only 2 circumstances: 1. He will come back as part time wrestler with a Brock schedule and put Hollywood behind him or 2. (now we have the impossible fan fiction out of the way) he wins the belt someone cashes in mitb either that night or the next on raw and relieves the rock of the belt while still letting him have 1 more title reign. These are the only plausible scenarios IMO.
I think they could bring him back for the ppv's and one raw between ppv's... again he shouldn't win the title IMO and if he does he shouldn't keep the title for very long so I like your MITB idea

Rick BoA
07-11-2012, 11:30 PM
He could always officially retire after winning the belt.

But I see him either wining the RR or maybe they will announce a match of only former champions for the #1 contender spot, having the rock win that.
Maybe have Rock vs whomever is the champion at Elimination chamber and have him win, only to drop the belt to cena in a rematch of wm.

Double Axehandle
07-11-2012, 11:31 PM
I think they could bring him back for the ppv's and one raw between ppv's... again he shouldn't win the title IMO and if he does he shouldn't keep the title for very long so I like your MITB idea

Agreed. The rock with the title will be this era's David Arquette.

wheelchair1986
07-11-2012, 11:32 PM

More than likely it will be at wm 29 he'll get the title then loose it to who ever wins sunday's MITB

Playboy Stevie V
07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
He's gonna win it at summer slam, but lose it the same night after Cena cashes in MITB.

The Brown One
07-11-2012, 11:46 PM
I could swear they were planning for him to win the WWE title at Wrestlemania 29. I think he would win it from either Brock or Cena. Punk vs Rocky doesn't seem too likely. I doubt they would piss away a Rumble win on The Rock and then have him go on to win the WWE title at Mania. There would likely be a tournament on Raw or something where Rocky wins that, then goes on to face Cena or Brock at Wrestlemania.
But I honestly hope he never wins the WWE title again.

Dennis
07-11-2012, 11:46 PM
He's gonna win it at summer slam, but lose it the same night after Cena cashes in MITB.
I think this idea is AWESOME!

Robstar
07-11-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know how he'll do it but he might use a capital letter or two! :rolleyes:

Wrestling1
07-11-2012, 11:53 PM
I personally don't like the idea of a part time wrestler winning and holding the title they had their time in kinda done with whole rock thing I wanna see punk vs Austin .. Unless rock betters his ring work cause he looked like shit in the WM match I don't wanna see him win it. But if he does i like the idea of how it would be in a former only former wwe champions tourney that he wins and then looses it to a new face by then there should be a new face !

Dierdorf
07-12-2012, 02:07 AM
The Rock will win the title on the 1000th episode of raw and Cena will announce he is using his MITB briefcase at Summerslam against the rock and Cena will then win

The Brown One
07-12-2012, 02:38 AM
The Rock will win the title on the 1000th episode of raw and Cena will announce he is using his MITB briefcase at Summerslam against the rock and Cena will then win

Oh God I hope not. I'd be pissed if they just give him a title shot out of nowhere.

browne81
07-12-2012, 03:43 AM
To me its obvious that he will win the RR. Its the only way to justify giving him a title shot. Its also obvious that his title run cannot be a long one. He has To drop the belt either to cena so cena can redeem himself since cena is the face of the company, or he has to drop it to someone like ziggler. I think he more likel to drop it to someone up and coming. The question is will rocky be willing to put some one over?

MachoManFan
07-12-2012, 05:21 AM
He's going to show up on Sunday and be the fifth enterant to the WWE MitB match. Foley, The Miz and Mysterio will make the number up to 8. The Rock will win MitB and cash in on a very tired Daniel Bryan/CM Punk before cutting a heel promo about how stupid the fans are to believe he loves the business, he's only back for the money and the most money comes with the title he's now holding! Thus setting up a good vs. evil Summerslam with HHH vs Lesner (about money), Cena vs. The Rock (about respecting the fans) and CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan in and Iron Man match (for AJ).

Blinker
07-12-2012, 06:12 AM
He's going to show up on Sunday and be the fifth enterant to the WWE MitB match. Foley, The Miz and Mysterio will make the number up to 8. The Rock will win MitB and cash in on a very tired Daniel Bryan/CM Punk before cutting a heel promo about how stupid the fans are to believe he loves the business, he's only back for the money and the most money comes with the title he's now holding! Thus setting up a good vs. evil Summerslam with HHH vs Lesner (about money), Cena vs. The Rock (about respecting the fans) and CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan in and Iron Man match (for AJ).

I could see all of this happening. I bolded the part that doesn't make sense to me. Why would Cena become the number one contender and not Punk or Bryan? The WWE rarely makes sense, but that seems odd. I know it sets up the better match layout, but doesn't logically make sense, to me at least.

Kenny Kaos
07-12-2012, 06:19 AM
To answer the question...he won't.

PSOjedi
07-12-2012, 06:39 AM
The Rock won't win the WWE championship by beating Cena.
Next time they face, it will be at Mania and it will be The Rock(c) vs cena. Cena wins.

MachoManFan
07-12-2012, 07:38 AM
I could see all of this happening. I bolded the part that doesn't make sense to me. Why would Cena become the number one contender and not Punk or Bryan? The WWE rarely makes sense, but that seems odd. I know it sets up the better match layout, but doesn't logically make sense, to me at least.

Ya Know I didn't think it through, but now that you're making me...
When The Rock enters the WWE MitB match he stops Cena from winning it. Ideally, Daniel Bryan would be who he cashes in on so that Punk and Bryan both have a legitimate claim on a rematch. Meanwhile Cena comes out and cuts a promo about how he should be the one to beat The Rock and send him packing and "Holla Holla Players!" the GM makes a number one contender's match a triple threat, Cena, Bryan and Punk. During that match AJ costs Punk and Bryan the shot by getting involved so Cena gets to face Rocky and DB and Punk face each other.

Ah ha ha! I have all the logic when I try! ;)

Wade Barrett 1979
07-12-2012, 07:44 AM
By beating the champ perhaps:confused:

akbar
07-12-2012, 08:18 AM
By beating the champ perhaps:confused:
Ahh Good Shout.

El T Draino 316
07-12-2012, 11:16 AM
The Rock won't win the WWE championship by beating Cena.
Next time they face, it will be at Mania and it will be The Rock(c) vs cena. Cena wins.

Yes. I can definitely see the Rock heading into Mania the Champion, but definitely not leaving it Champion. If he is to face Cena in a rematch at 29, this is exactly how I expect it to go down.

That said, the Rock winning the Rumble is the easiest way to logically make him a number 1 contender. So it's interesting to see how it plays out.

My only concern is, I feel like Cena vs Rock II might get saved for Mania 30 - just because its Wrestlemania XXX and it needs the most epic build ever. I'd prefer Rock vs Punk, Cena vs Taker at 29 and Rock vs Cena II, Punk vs Austin at XXX.

El T Draino 316
07-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I personally don't like the idea of a part time wrestler winning and holding the title they had their time in kinda done with whole rock thing...!

I initially felt the same way. And I genuinely agree with the main point you made. But, one thing I haven't seen anyone mention is this:

The Rock is as big of a star as he's EVER been globally. If the Dwayne Johnson is touring the country, promoting movies, going on talk shows, ALL while being the WWE Champion, that's HUGE promotionally for the WWE. If he wins the title at Summerslam, or a few months before Mania (Survivor Series?), I would love to see the exposure it got through main stream media outlets. It's actually kind of awesome to think about it.

dub
07-12-2012, 12:03 PM
I might be alone on this but I dislike the idea of the rock winning the title... while your idea is one of a few options the rock will ever have to reclaim the gold and I respect the thought behind it I don't think the rock deserves the belt over younger superstars who are working every week... but to be honest him winning the rumble makes a ton of sense.... probably from the 27 spot to keep the allure of the number 27 spot going... and he will win at wrestlemania if he wins the rumble but IMO the wwe should have him face someone besides cena.. maybe daniel bryan who in my opinion is as good as a match up as the rock will have in the wwe today.

You are not alone Dennis... These are my thoughts exactly. The fact of the matter is that there are guys who are working in the ring night in and night out, traveling the road, doing house shows, spending time away from there families, who are much more deserving of holding the title (Cody, Dolph, Wade *injured now becuz of working full time*, Miz *what happened to him, he definitely deserves another run he did everything right to promote the WWE*). Don't get me wrong I respect the Rock as a Legend and appreciate all he has accomplished in the business but... How can he just come in and win the WWE title as a part time worker over these other deserving guys?

tchocky360
07-12-2012, 12:42 PM
To answer the question...he won't.

Totally agree with this. He might win a one off match against Cena or whoever, but Rock won't get a title unless he returned full time to wrestling. Which isn't going to, and shouldn't happen. He's too successful with his films and WWE is getting some of the limelight from it too.

Tommy Thunder
07-12-2012, 01:10 PM
If The Rock does win the WWE championship, he'll probably win it at Wrestlemania only to drop it at the next PPV. No way are they going to give The Rock anything thing longer than a 1 month reign if he isn't going to appear on the shows on a full-time basis. Honestly, I wouldn't want to see The Rock capture the WWE championship. It would would indeed be a great, nostalgic feeling but he really doesn't need a WWE title win as he is a draw with or without the WWE title. Let Dolph Ziggler or Wade Barrett win the WWE title while The Rock gets booked into big-time feuds with the top main eventers to gain buyrates again.

The above post has been marked and approved as "seems legit".
Real talk there by Dubs.

Cabers
07-12-2012, 02:06 PM
I personally wouldn't like to see it unless Dwayne yes Dwayne! Is there for the long haul live events and all none of this show up do your match and off craic!

Dierdorf
07-12-2012, 02:17 PM
He could always officially retire after winning the belt.

And that could lead to them finally getting rid of the horrible championship belt

akbar
07-12-2012, 02:44 PM
If The Rock does win the WWE championship, he'll probably win it at Wrestlemania only to drop it at the next PPV. No way are they going to give The Rock anything thing longer than a 1 month reign if he isn't going to appear on the shows on a full-time basis. Honestly, I wouldn't want to see The Rock capture the WWE championship. It would would indeed be a great, nostalgic feeling but he really doesn't need a WWE title win as he is a draw with or without the WWE title. Let Dolph Ziggler or Wade Barrett win the WWE title while The Rock gets booked into big-time feuds with the top main eventers to gain buyrates again.
Would it not be much better if those guys beat the Rock to win the championship, they would so much more over.

BoltZ22
07-12-2012, 03:31 PM
John Cena wins MITB. Rock wins RR. Brock wins WWE Title at Elimination Chamber. Brock vs Rock at Wrestlemania. Rock Wins. Cena cashes in on Rock and wins it back shortly after Wrestlemania. Brock goes back to the country. Rock back to Holllywood. WWE back to the way it was before either showed up.

The Brown One
07-12-2012, 07:50 PM
I think having two promising young talent in Wade Barrett and Dolph Ziggler fighting over the WWE championship would be much better than a win over The Rock. A win over The Rock is getting put over big time, no doubt about that but having Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett fight over something prestigious that can take them to the next level in their careers will put both guys in the spotlight, not just one. Think of it as setting up for a modern day Rock and Triple H type feud which is having two promising talent steal the show and building a rivalry from that.

Well said, but honestly, I don't see Barrett and Ziggler being able to carry the WWE title picture. Maybe the WHC picture. But it would definitely be more effective than having The Rock put over one of them, and perhaps result in backlash from pissed off fans. Rocky doesn't need the title anymore anyway, as he can have a match with anyone and draw.

bearkg88
07-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Personally I don't see The Rock being the WWE Champion or fighting for the WWE Championship at WM 29. I see him becoming champ before then, dropping it before then, and having a big match at WM with maybe Brock or Taker, or some other big name. Here is the reason why. GI Joe Retaliation has been pushed back to a Mar 29 release date. So the weeks leading into the release, you know Rock is going to be doing a bunch of pr and interviews and such to promote the movie. I think he will still be involved in a storyline, but unlike this year where there was 4 or 5 weeks of Rock always being on Raw to build up, I think we won't get that as much. I mean, can you imagine the Rock as the WWE champ, doing live via satellite promos 3/4 weeks going into the biggest stage of them all. I haven't looked into if he is filming a movie or not, but who is to say he doesn't win it at Survivor Series, hold it until the Rumble where whoever ends up being his WM opponent, screws him out of the title in some way.

Pumpkinhead
07-13-2012, 12:13 PM
He won't, some people said they wanted new blood in the main event and they want Rock as champion??, he doesn't need it