PDA

View Full Version : Would this re-interest you in WWE?

straightedge916
07-11-2012, 06:44 PM
I know there is a lot of people in the IWC that can't stand what WWE is doing right now as far as storylines go. But let's say The Rock comes back and DOES go after the WWE Championship and successfully defeats the WWE Champ at that point in time. Would you be interested in watching and maybe enjoying the WWE Product again? Would this draw you back in?

BadAndy
07-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Sooooooo, we'd get a wrestler that's at best a John Cena level wrestler? Let's be honest, Rock was not the best in-ring performer. He went through his set of moves, then his match was over. He's the same way on the mic. He goes through his mic set and then it's over. Given his mic skills are entertaining. Why would bringing a guy back that isn't going to be there day in and day out going to bring people back? If you give Rock the strap, you might as well give it to Stone Cold or Undertaker. They are likely to wrestle just as many matches as the Rock and make just as many appearances.

URATOOL
07-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Hell no. The guy was important to the business 10 years ago. He doesn't fit in now.

K2Jelly
07-11-2012, 06:58 PM
As much as I'd hate for The Rock to become the WWE Champion, I wouldn't lie and say I'd wouldn't be interested. After all, this is The Rock we're talking about so I really can't complain.

Asherdelampyr
07-11-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't want to see Rock with the title.
It has nothing to do with him and everything to do with his career, namely, it's the past. If WWE really wants to do something worth watching, they need to put the belt on someone who is making a name for themselves now. someone I want to see in 5 years because I know they will be even better, not someone who already reached the peak of their career.

akbar
07-11-2012, 07:03 PM
I'd mark the fuck out along with the arena, which I'm pretty sure will have its roof blown off the second Rock gets the 3 count to win the title.

straightedge916
07-11-2012, 07:11 PM
I think this could be a good way to get someone over right now. Like Dolph Ziggler. If Rock wins the title, he can start something with Ziggler and put him over, eventually.

straightedge916
07-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Not to mention all the national exposure WWE would get from this. The Rock is currently the fourth highest paid actor in Hollywood. So without a doubt Vince and WWE would do it. Just comes down to Dwayne himself.

akbar
07-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Maybe they're setting something up for Heath Slater to have him over by finally beating a legend, which could be the Rock.

Dennis
07-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Sooooooo, we'd get a wrestler that's at best a John Cena level wrestler? Let's be honest, Rock was not the best in-ring performer. He went through his set of moves, then his match was over. He's the same way on the mic. He goes through his mic set and then it's over. Given his mic skills are entertaining. Why would bringing a guy back that isn't going to be there day in and day out going to bring people back? If you give Rock the strap, you might as well give it to Stone Cold or Undertaker. They are likely to wrestle just as many matches as the Rock and make just as many appearances.
this is pretty much my thoughts on this entire thread hahah

davieboytellem
07-11-2012, 08:02 PM
hey maybe it'll add some prestige to the title, seeing as everything John Cena does, regardless if he's in the championship picture, mainevents

GreatMuta4life
07-11-2012, 08:08 PM
I voted no for a couple of reasons:

-I don't think WWE is as bad as everyone is bitching about. We're getting Punk vs Bryan, and often, I'm a happy camper. And sure the AJ story is silly, but she is still adorable and when she proposed to Punk I squealed with laughter. Not many shows on tv can make me do that. Jericho is back, Ziggler is on the upper part of the card, Booker T on commentary rules, Barret is coming back, Ambrose should debut soon, Kaitlyn is my future ex-wife, times are actually good folks. Did any of you have to live through WWF in1993-95!? If you did you probably wouldn't complain so much.

-I still like The Rock, but having him as a champion that's not around all the time is ridiculous. Sure give him a big money title match, maybe even let him hold the strap for a week or two, but that's it. The champ wrestles on every show, televised or not. I don't think The Rock will be working house shows again in this lifetime.

BadAndy
07-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I voted no for a couple of reasons:

-I don't think WWE is as bad as everyone is bitching about. We're getting Punk vs Bryan, and often, I'm a happy camper. And sure the AJ story is silly, but she is still adorable and when she proposed to Punk I squealed with laughter. Not many shows on tv can make me do that. Jericho is back, Ziggler is on the upper part of the card, Booker T on commentary rules, Barret is coming back, Ambrose should debut soon, Kaitlyn is my future ex-wife, times are actually good folks. Did any of you have to live through WWF in1993-95!? If you did you probably wouldn't complain so much.

-I still like The Rock, but having him as a champion that's not around all the time is ridiculous. Sure give him a big money title match, maybe even let him hold the strap for a week or two, but that's it. The champ wrestles on every show, televised or not. I don't think The Rock will be working house shows again in this lifetime.

Well said. And I love your Braun sig.

GreatMuta4life
07-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Well said. And I love your Braun sig.

Thanks man. It's hard not to like Braun, and I'm glad Chipper got his props last night. The Franchise: Miami Marlins is about to come on. Uncensored Ozzie Guillen!

yup, thread derailed

LegendsMadeWrestling
07-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Everyone jumped for joy when Hogan came back and won the WWE championship from Triple H but all of sudden because The Rock is not full time don't want to see him as champion, Well I for one would like to see The Rock win that Championship to make it more entertaining again I don't care if people say The Rock doesn't have the best in-ring skill but I think he will put on better matches than John Cena's boring stuff he will come back to do what he does best for the fans and that's be Entertained. Cm punk is great but he just doesn't get me hyped up in the mic like The Rock, Austin, Triple H (the old Triple H), Shawn Michaels and many others who knew how to have the crowd on there
feet. 2785

Krysys
07-11-2012, 11:03 PM
If I am to be honest, no. I would actually watch less if Rock were to win the Championship. I wouldn't want to watch a show where the main gut only shows up every other month.

The Brown One
07-11-2012, 11:41 PM
How would this idea get us "reinterested" in the WWE again? It makes no sense for those of us who already watch it no matter what.
On topic: I couldn't care less if The Rock became WWE champion. IMO CM Punk or anyone else (besides Cena) would be better. The Rock would only show up once a month, cut a predictable promo and leave, returning every 3 months to wrestle at a big PPV. There's no point of having him back to become the WWE champion, and if that's the WWE's plan, it'll make me sick.

Rick BoA
07-12-2012, 01:39 AM
The Rock was an amazing wrestler back in his day. He could sell, tell a story and had a great moveset. Comparing his ability to Cena is a joke.
As far as him being the champ I wouldnt mind it if he actually showed up every week and wrestled often.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Not really, as I'm still interested in the product but I take it this is aimed more at the pissy moaners?

The Brown One
07-12-2012, 02:40 AM
The Rock was an amazing wrestler back in his day. He could sell, tell a story and had a great moveset. Comparing his ability to Cena is a joke.
As far as him being the champ I wouldnt mind it if he actually showed up every week and wrestled often.

Your opinion.
Mine: He was decent at best. He oversold at times when it wasn't needed, and just had a bunch of random moves thrown together in a moveset.

Rick BoA
07-12-2012, 03:18 AM
as opposed to whom? CM punk has fewer moves then the rock and he cant even hit his finisher on 1/2 the guys he wrestles. Stone Cold had a limited moveset as well. Every wrestler has pretty much 10 moves that they use, its more on the lines if they are good looking moves.
Take Goldberg for example, the guy couldnt wrestle but he had a very impressive move set imo.
HBK also had about 10 moves but he made it work.

The Brown One
07-12-2012, 03:45 AM
as opposed to whom? CM punk has fewer moves then the rock and he cant even hit his finisher on 1/2 the guys he wrestles. Stone Cold had a limited moveset as well. Every wrestler has pretty much 10 moves that they use, its more on the lines if they are good looking moves.
Take Goldberg for example, the guy couldnt wrestle but he had a very impressive move set imo.
HBK also had about 10 moves but he made it work.

I lold when I read that. Have you watched his matches outside the WWE? Hes got a much wider moveset.
Plus even though his GTS doesn't hit properly on some of his opponents, it's still more believable than a stupid elbow drop with theatrics.

Stihltygre
07-12-2012, 05:52 AM
the Purest way to get me to take WWE programming off my DVR is to have rock come back, he is incredible on the mic, that said i HATE his promo's, his ability as a wrestler is ok but i would rather see them work on stories with who they have. what would interest me is letting the wrestlers use a deeper move set and hiring writers who can write.

TheBritishInvasion
07-12-2012, 06:07 AM
I'm sure WWE would only give The Rock the championship only if he were to commit to the company by showing up regularly, otherwise i doubt Vince would see it as a good investment, unless he screwed him over on the same night or something

PSOjedi
07-12-2012, 06:41 AM
I can't vote because even if RAW, SD, or a ppv is dissapointing, I will always watch because I love WWE (and TNA) whatever I can say. So Rock WWE champ or not I will still watch.

Xpacfan
07-12-2012, 09:33 AM
No because I know that it would just be a matter of time before he leaves to go back to Hollywood again. Who wants a half hearted champion...someone's whose not fully devoted to wrestling? Not me...

Lowki
07-12-2012, 09:34 AM
I'd mark the fuck out along with the arena, which I'm pretty sure will have its roof blown off the second Rock gets the 3 count to win the title.
and i'm pretty sure people who haven't watched for years would tune in when they hear about it. I know a few who watched wrestlemania JUST for the Rock.

Asherdelampyr
07-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Like I said before, why give the title to a guy who already passed his peak?
I would much rather see a Dolph Ziggler, or a Cody Rhodes with it, someone who can use it and get themselves over.

BadAndy
07-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Your opinion.
Mine: He was decent at best. He oversold at times when it wasn't needed, and just had a bunch of random moves thrown together in a moveset.

You hit the nail on the head. It took forever for the WWF/E to get people to even cheer for The Rock. He was not dynamic and people hated him. It was not until he turned on the Corporation that he finally had the backing of the crowd. People remember Rock post-Corp. but fail to remember just how hard it was to even get a cheer going for this guy before. He was boring to watch in the ring.

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I like the WWE regardless. I have learned to love its good and bad sides. It's like going to the movies to see the new biggest hit of the decade. You have seen similar fight scenes, plots, and actors in different movies but you still pay your hard earned cash to see it even if it feels like you are watching a re-run(or remake). You're just captivated by an old formula, and WWE's formula has always been to mellow down before picking up pace again. It's usually always around this year when the "IWC" gets disgruntled at what is occurring. I will hold my opinion until' after a few months go by. If they fuck up anything else then I will have something to say in a different shade of light.

LegendsMadeWrestling
07-12-2012, 10:49 AM
I lold when I read that. Have you watched his matches outside the WWE? Hes got a much wider moveset.
Plus even though his GTS doesn't hit properly on some of his opponents, it's still more believable than a stupid elbow drop with theatrics.

I LOLD when I read that one to be honest I really don't give a shit and maybe probably will say the same thing WHO GIVES A SHIT what they did outside the WWE that was a long time ago we talking about RIGHT NOW we want to Entertained RIGHT NOW!! Does Cm Punk have a much wider moveset now NO!! but he does put on great matches which sometimes botches Yeah Best In The World huh. Yeah Stupid Elbow Drop huh But that Elbow Drop got people up on there feet and cheer there asses off, Does everyone get up for the GTS LOL I don't think so. The Rock winning the championship will bring back people who haven't watched WWE in years but as for you and every other person who still watches it might not like him winning the Championship quiet frankly nobody gives a shit cuz The Rock winning will bring back AE fans who stopped watching when it was WATCHABLE to see this man as Champion again NUFF SAID

ewantu2
07-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I LOLD when I read that one to be honest I really don't give a shit and maybe probably will say the same thing WHO GIVES A SHIT what they did outside the WWE that was a long time ago we talking about RIGHT NOW we want to Entertained RIGHT NOW!! Does Cm Punk have a much wider moveset now NO!! but he does put on great matches which sometimes botches Yeah Best In The World huh. Yeah Stupid Elbow Drop huh But that Elbow Drop got people up on there feet and cheer there asses off, Does everyone get up for the GTS LOL I don't think so. The Rock winning the championship will bring back people who haven't watched WWE in years but as for you and every other person who still watches it might not like him winning the Championship quiet frankly nobody gives a shit cuz The Rock winning will bring back AE fans who stopped watching when it was WATCHABLE to see this man as Champion again NUFF SAID

Yeah, if The Rock was on every week he would get boring real fast, and ratings would go down after a wee while of his title reign, in less they go all out for his storylines like they seem to fucking do for legends only.

dub
07-12-2012, 12:51 PM
As much as I'd hate for The Rock to become the WWE Champion, I wouldn't lie and say I'd wouldn't be interested. After all, this is The Rock we're talking about so I really can't complain.

The Rock is interesting K2 but how interesting would he be if he's rarely in the ring and making satelite appearances once a month?

Wade Barrett 1979
07-12-2012, 12:57 PM

Keep fighting son, you'll break free of that timewarp yet!

Tommy Thunder
07-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Not saying that I'm not interested in WWE right now, but The Rock winning the title would definitely make it interesting for me.

dub
07-12-2012, 12:58 PM
the Purest way to get me to take WWE programming off my DVR is to have rock come back, he is incredible on the mic, that said i HATE his promo's, his ability as a wrestler is ok but i would rather see them work on stories with who they have. what would interest me is letting the wrestlers use a deeper move set and hiring writers who can write.

This makes so much sense Stihltygre... That is why I continue to watch with the hopes of this happening. Maybe when Raw goes 3 hours there will be longer matches that mean something and more significant detailed storylines.

Tommy Thunder
07-12-2012, 01:00 PM
The Rock is interesting K2 but how interesting would he be if he's rarely in the ring and making satelite appearances once a month?

They wouldn't have him win the title if he wasn't going to be appearing regular, so that argument is null and void IMO.

Asherdelampyr
07-12-2012, 01:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0SqS2QJdj8

Krysys
07-12-2012, 01:02 PM

This quote needs to be saved so it can be used against any attitude era mark. Very well put.

Cabers
07-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Hell no. The guy was important to the business 10 years ago. He doesn't fit in now.

Exactly right. It would annoy me more than anything.

Dr. Death
07-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Absolutely not!! As a matter of fact, if Rock were to win the WWE title, I think for the first time I'd stop watching the 'E. The last thing they need to do right now is take away more TV time from the younger stars. A past star coming back on a very limited appearance clause and winning the WWE Title is actually a slap in the face to every wrestler in the business today and in the past as well. If Rock loves the business and the 'E as much as he says he does, then maybe he should lose to the young stars of today in order to help build them up. But alas, Rock is selfish and don't care, so he won't put anyone over nowadays. Wrestlers the likes of Dolph Ziggler; Wade Barrett; Cody Rhodes; Daniel Bryan; CM Punk; Kane; Randy Orton; Christian; ADR; Tyson Kidd; etc... have more of a right or bid to be WWE Champion the the Rock does in this point in time.

Amerinaine
07-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Wow, someone said a persons past work means nothing. I laughed a little.

Asherdelampyr
07-12-2012, 03:34 PM

well obviously if it didn't happen in the WWE it probably didn't happen at all :rolleyes:

K2Jelly
07-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Absolutely not!! As a matter of fact, if Rock were to win the WWE title, I think for the first time I'd stop watching the 'E. The last thing they need to do right now is take away more TV time from the younger stars. A past star coming back on a very limited appearance clause and winning the WWE Title is actually a slap in the face to every wrestler in the business today and in the past as well. If Rock loves the business and the 'E as much as he says he does, then maybe he should lose to the young stars of today in order to help build them up. But alas, Rock is selfish and don't care, so he won't put anyone over nowadays. Wrestlers the likes of Dolph Ziggler; Wade Barrett; Cody Rhodes; Daniel Bryan; CM Punk; Kane; Randy Orton; Christian; ADR; Tyson Kidd; etc... have more of a right or bid to be WWE Champion the the Rock does in this point in time.

I was wondering when you'd show up. Like a moth to a flame. :p

Anyways, I agree with you somewhat but think about it like this; say The Rock does win the WWE Championship and a rightful candidate defeats him for the belt thus putting him over. That'd be great IMO. Plus, at least the title would be getting some attention unlike the way it is now.

Dr. Death
07-12-2012, 03:44 PM

Also if a person lives in the past, there can be no future.Rock hogging the spotlight IS NOT what the 'E needs right now. They need confidence in their current roster and a change in creative and in the CEO position in order to turn things around.

PS Sorry, didn't mean to direct this at you.

Amerinaine
07-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Also if a person lives in the past, there can be no future.Rock hogging the spotlight IS NOT what the 'E needs right now. They need confidence in their current roster and a change in creative and in the CEO position in order to turn things around.

PS Sorry, didn't mean to direct this at you.

Eh. Not upset. Takes more than that.

Dr. Death
07-12-2012, 03:52 PM
I was wondering when you'd show up. Like a moth to a flame. :p

Anyways, I agree with you somewhat but think about it like this; say The Rock does win the WWE Championship and a rightful candidate defeats him for the belt thus putting him over. That'd be great IMO. Plus, at least the title would be getting some attention unlike the way it is now.

With Vince hovering over WWE creative like a vulture, I don't think that the WWE title will be the focus no matter who is champion. To see Rock put a young star over would be nice, I just don't see it happening. I could see Cena or Orton, maybe even Jericho or Kane, but that's about all Rock will want to work with I think. IF and I mean IF Rock does put a younger star over by getting beat by them for a Title, I won't be ashamed to come on here and eat crow. At best I could see a Rock win, then another MITB cash in or another "Montreal Screwjob" happening, but putting a young star over cleanly, I doubt it.

Dr. Death
07-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Eh. Not upset. Takes more than that.

Thanks....

The Brown One
07-12-2012, 07:47 PM

If you hate the current state of the WWE so much, here's an idea: invent a time machine and go back to the time when you were able to watch the WWE happily instead of bitch and moan about it for the majority of your posts.

Amerinaine
07-12-2012, 07:48 PM
If you hate the current state of the WWE so much, here's an idea: invent a time machine and go back to the time when you were able to watch the WWE happily instead of bitch and moan about it for the majority of your posts.

Agreed....

Rick BoA
07-13-2012, 03:20 AM
So let me address a few things here:

CM Punk having more moves in the indys: Who cares? The guy is not 1/2 the performer that the rock was. He has a midcard moveset. If he was so amazing he would realize that his running knee/bulldog looks like crap and his GTS looks like crap. The biggest pop in a match that punk gets is when he copys randy savage. Dont forget that his entire moveset is copied from that japanese wrestler.
The Rock was a performer, he was exciting to watch and always had the crowd involved in his matches. Was the the best to ever step foot in the ring? No. In his prime was he more entertaining to watch then every current full time wrestler? Yes

Rock not getting over before NOD:
Once again, who cares? Who cared about HHH when he was the kentucky blue blood? Who cared about Austin before 1996? Did anyone care about Kane when he was a dentist? No. Did anyone care about the undertaker before he was The Undertaker? I could go on for hours.

Does the Rock deserve another title run? Honestly no. He has been out of the business for far too long, and like it has been said there are other people that are more deserving of a title run then rocky, especially if he is not committed to a full time schedule.
Would it be good for the 'e'? Yes. Rock is a bigger celebrity now then he ever was when he wrestled. He would bring main stream attention to the WWE, something they have not had for a while now.

The Brown One
07-13-2012, 06:15 AM
^^^^^^^
What constitutes as a midcard moveset? Just thought I should ask that question.
Also, the key word here is "performer". The Rock wasn't a wrestler, he was a performer/entertainer. There's a difference between Punk and The Rock. The Rock got fans involved in his matches and cuts simple, charismatic promos. While CM Punk wrestles great matches, and cuts down to earth promos.

82Tucker
07-13-2012, 06:34 AM
I'd love Rock to win the title again........ IF he comes back full time during the title run. I love the guy always have done and always will, he was my fave wrestler when I was growing up.

He entertains me still now so I'd mark the hell out if he came back for 1 last run with the belt full-time.

Dr. Death
07-13-2012, 07:15 AM
^^^^^^^
What constitutes as a midcard moveset? Just thought I should ask that question.
Also, the key word here is "performer". The Rock wasn't a wrestler, he was a performer/entertainer. There's a difference between Punk and The Rock. The Rock got fans involved in his matches and cuts simple, charismatic promos. While CM Punk wrestles great matches, and cuts down to earth promos.

^^^Well said TBO, Well said^^^

dub
07-13-2012, 09:33 AM
They wouldn't have him win the title if he wasn't going to be appearing regular, so that argument is null and void IMO.

Let's hope so, and I'm not arguing it's just something i've seen outta the Rock since his return and i'm not too sure if he's willing to give up that nice acting career to beat himself up in the ring full time... Whatcha think?

Asherdelampyr
07-13-2012, 09:58 AM
all I have to say Rick, is if you didn't care about Steve Austin before 96 you weren't paying attention.

Lowki
07-13-2012, 11:04 AM
You hit the nail on the head. It took forever for the WWF/E to get people to even cheer for The Rock. He was not dynamic and people hated him. It was not until he turned on the Corporation that he finally had the backing of the crowd. People remember Rock post-Corp. but fail to remember just how hard it was to even get a cheer going for this guy before. He was boring to watch in the ring.
People hated Rocky Maivia because he was being forced down your throat (remind you of anyone?) He is proof that with the right character tweaks and creative control, anyone can make it big.

Lowki
07-13-2012, 11:10 AM
So let me address a few things here:

CM Punk having more moves in the indys: Who cares? The guy is not 1/2 the performer that the rock was. He has a midcard moveset. If he was so amazing he would realize that his running knee/bulldog looks like crap and his GTS looks like crap. The biggest pop in a match that punk gets is when he copys randy savage. Dont forget that his entire moveset is copied from that japanese wrestler.
The Rock was a performer, he was exciting to watch and always had the crowd involved in his matches. Was the the best to ever step foot in the ring? No. In his prime was he more entertaining to watch then every current full time wrestler? Yes

Rock not getting over before NOD:
Once again, who cares? Who cared about HHH when he was the kentucky blue blood? Who cared about Austin before 1996? Did anyone care about Kane when he was a dentist? No. Did anyone care about the undertaker before he was The Undertaker? I could go on for hours.

Does the Rock deserve another title run? Honestly no. He has been out of the business for far too long, and like it has been said there are other people that are more deserving of a title run then rocky, especially if he is not committed to a full time schedule.
Would it be good for the 'e'? Yes. Rock is a bigger celebrity now then he ever was when he wrestled. He would bring main stream attention to the WWE, something they have not had for a while now.
Personally I agree. People can keep arguing over the same "he's not a great wrestler" but that isn't what puts asses in seats. The Rock IS wrestling - it's a combination of everything. CM Punk is a good STORY TELLER, but he isn't a wrestler. Kurt Angle is a legit wrestler. If real wrestling sold tickets, the amateurs would be on monday nights live every week. Unfortunately, it isn't because it isn't that entertaining.
Just because CM Punk is more technical with a move set that consists of submission rest holds and chain wrestling doesn't make him a great wrestler all of a sudden.

Rick BoA
07-13-2012, 09:55 PM
^^ Well said.

If you marks honestly think that a few chin/wrist locks and a submission finisher make someone a technical wrestler, and that in turn makes them an entertaining wrestler you are delusional.
Take Lance Storm for example. He had a few nifty submissions and a few holds, but did that make anyone care about him? He was boring to watch, plain and simple. Charlie Hass is another perfect example of your mindset.

And Asher, stop being a tool, The Ringmaster was a joke, and his brief stint in ECW, a B show, is very forgettable.

A midcard moveset, in my mind, is a set of moves that someone who will never hold the wwe title have. It is a moveset with no flamboyance, no entertainment and no pop. Nearly all great wrestlers in history had moves that were not only exciting to watch but also had a good flow and got the crowd into it. 10 years ago Punk would have at best held the IC title.

I am not a Punk hater, as a matter of fact I think he has done well recently. I would rather hear him on commentary then see him in the ring but his title reign so far has been pretty good. Its a pitty that he has died down on his 'pipe bombs' recently, but thats not probably all his fault.

Sure the Rock had a few neat catchphrases and didnt have many wrist locks in his matches, but you would be an idiot to say that he isnt in the top 10 greatest pro wrestlers in history.

BadAndy
07-13-2012, 10:04 PM
^^ Well said.

If you marks honestly think that a few chin/wrist locks and a submission finisher make someone a technical wrestler, and that in turn makes them an entertaining wrestler you are delusional.
Take Lance Storm for example. He had a few nifty submissions and a few holds, but did that make anyone care about him? He was boring to watch, plain and simple. Charlie Hass is another perfect example of your mindset.

Hey now, Dean Malenko was fun in a box. Not to mention he was fun-size as well. He was always one of my favorites and he was a technical wrestler. The only one better than him was The Man of 1,004 Holds, Chris Jericho.

The Brown One
07-13-2012, 10:21 PM
^^ Well said.

I'd rather see someone who can wrestle lengthy matches in the ring rather than run his mouth on the mic cutting simple promos that simple people eat up.

Rick BoA
07-14-2012, 01:52 AM
I'd rather see someone who can wrestle lengthy matches in the ring rather than run his mouth on the mic cutting simple promos that simple people eat up.

The Rock wrestled some of the most classic matches in recent history. Remember his matches against stone cold at WM? They were great. His match against angle was great. His matches against Jericho, Booker T, Undertaker and his iron man match against hhh? all great.
I would rather see a 20 minute interesting match then a 60 minute match of 2 guys holding each other. Jericho vs Punk at WM was the biggest letdown ive seen in a very, very long time.

The Brown One
07-14-2012, 02:12 AM
The Rock vs Austin was good, not great. And the others were good too, but seriously, it's not like they were the best matches of all time or anything. But I do agree with you about Punk vs Jericho, it was a bit of a letdown. They wasted weeks with Jericho trolling, had great buildup, and then had a good match at Mania that could have been the best match on the card.

Rick BoA
07-14-2012, 07:45 PM
I never said they were the best matches of all time but for those who think that in order for someone to have a good match they need to have 45 minutes of hammer locks is absurd.