PDA

View Full Version : I just Have to Ask

The Piper
07-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Why do we watch WWE? I mean it just keeps getting worse, and will continue to get worse. I stopped watching Smackdown about a month ago, and I don't miss a thing about it. After Raw this week, my little bit of hope in the WWE is slipping tremendously, it's just lackluster T.V. now. I would like to know legitimate reasons why we all are still watching Raw every week.

Mr. Ziggles
07-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Honestly I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown in months, I just skim-read what happened online then watch the highlight show that airs here in the UK (WWE experience), and I stream all the PPV's if I can be bothered, its usually a last minute decision depending on how tired i am.

I'll probably watch the 1000th show to see if anything kicks off but honestly ATM I'm struggling to care.

Xpacfan
07-11-2012, 01:26 PM
I've gone cold turkey from the WWE a little over 2 years now and same as what you said about Smackdown...I don't really miss it. Especially when reading the results of the shows.

Even before I made the concious decision to stop watching it, it had became stale to me. I mainly watched out of loyality and in some hopes that it would get better. It never did but I haven't given up. I watch and support TNA....not just because its entertaining but because I feel some real competition is what the WWE needs in order for it to get better.

But as long as the ratings & event attendance is high and as long as the distance of fan support (financial and otherwise) remains as great as it is...nothing in the WWE will change. You all are telling them everything is ok and there's nothing to challenge them to be better than they currently are.

Dubs
07-11-2012, 01:39 PM
WWE's shows have gotten lackluster as of late but I'm going to continue watching because no matter how much I say I'm not going to watch something, I'm still going to tune in no matter what. I haven't came to a point where I stopped watching a wrestling program to take a break from it or to stop watching it all together. Even back in the WCW/Russo era, I continued watching it even though WCW was dreadful by that point. I watch to see if it'll improve which is being too optimistic but that's why I watch every week.

MachoManFan
07-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I watch because you never know when a gem of a match will pop up. For a long time I'd watch RAW and Smackdown on DVR so I'd fast forward all the nonsense, I recently started staying up to watch them live but after this weeks RAW I doubt I will as often.

Regardless of how poor WWE programming is at the moment it is the only place to see some of my favourite wrestlers, so it's them, not the quality of the broadcast, that keep me coming back.

scribbler_jones
07-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Honestly, I watch to keep up with the wrestlers I'm into - Punk, Rhodes, and to see what they plan to do with the new blood from FCW. Although honestly there's not much to really snag interest, I'm still a Punk/Rhodes/Ziggler fan.

Xpacfan
07-11-2012, 01:44 PM
WWE's shows have gotten lackluster as of late but I'm going to continue watching because no matter how much I say I'm not going to watch something, I'm still going to tune in no matter what. I haven't came to a point where I stopped watching a wrestling program to take a break from it or to stop watching it all together. Even back in the WCW/Russo era, I continued watching it even though WCW was dreadful by that point. I watch to see if it'll improve which is being too optimistic but that's why I watch every week.

Case and point...where is WCW today? What you're describing overall does more harm than good to the product. Again, you're not giving the WWE much of a reason to improve their programming.

Dubs
07-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Case and point...where is WCW today? What you're describing overall does more harm than good to the product. Again, you're not giving the WWE much of a reason to improve their programming.
I don't really see how it's proving your point. We say WWE's programming is lackluster but others may think otherwise. The casual fans will continue to watch because they may think WWE's product is entertaining right now. Me or you not watching it really doesn't do any harm to their product other than not watching it for our reasons of not enough entertainment. WWE's product is still going to draw in consistent ratings because of their loyal casual fans who follow it. Just like how WCW was able to produce consistent ratings when Vince Russo was still head booker because while we smarks thought Russo's booking was dreadful and was the reason loyal viewers weren't interested in the product anymore, the ratings suggest otherwise. It's a subjective case.

Asherdelampyr
07-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I don't, I watch CMLL
the storylines are probably just as ridiculous, but I don't speak Spanish so I can't tell

PandaMassacre
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
RAW has been doing really well though! They are just slowing down because they had the ppv and they are pulling out all the big time angles for the 1,000th RAW. The creative team is probably all worked out for the year. I don't even judge the recent Raw for my future viewership of the product. I honestly believe they did a lot of stupid stuff just to get it out of the way. Even TNA and other Wrestling promotions in general do this ALL THE TIME. It is also what you would call a filler which is an episode that holds no relevance to the main story-line plans. I will always be a loyal fan. There is still a lot to like about the WWE. It is like people are ALWAYS looking for something to knit pick when it comes to a product. I am fan of almost every wrestling promotion imaginable except for those little ECW ripoffs. I am a massive Independent wrestling fangirl.

But I still love TNA and WWE. Even if they have their good moments and horrendously embarrassing moments like when AJ & Dixie and some random Woman was in the ring. I saw so many people turning the product away just because of that. Now they are praising the product. The WWE could end up having a similiar story! It is the 1000th RAW! People are going to go crazy about it and get lost in the nostalgia when it airs and you see The Rock and Cm Punk going at it or whatever else. You just have to look at the positives through the negatives. Now I can say the same thing about the UFC. Why do people like it aside from the realism aspect? None of that really entertains me at all. But I love Wrestling and that is something that I am very sure about.

Now I am not saying your opinion is irrelevant or anything, that is not true. I completely accept your opinion of the product. I might just be a little too blind to realize what is going on. I might have a lower taste than I had when I was watching in the mid to late 90s. But give me a television with Wrestling on it and I will watch it and study it since I want to do that myself one day. I love being thrown around (lol). But I just think the WWE is missing something. They need their edge back. They need so many other factors that made them a success back in the day. What they did back then is STILL very relevant now. I would definitely push for that kind of change. Another suggestion would be to stop reading spoilers and other stuff. I think dirt sheets have done in a lot of TNA and WWE's massive surprises.

On last Mondays Raw I thought it sucked. I hated the whole D-Bry, AJ, and CM Punk angle. I only could have seen it being cool if Lita came back and fought AJ over CM Punk. Every time they flirted or whatever I cringed and WAITED for Lita to just pop up out of nowhere but it just never happened. Which in the end made me a very sad Panda. =/ But I am still going to support the product regardless. I am a true Wrestling faithful and I always will be. I just think all this negativity is making it hard to actually enjoy all the good stuff that has happened this year. It is just soo... Ugh. I still love the shows. They give me something to watch on certain nights.

I am psyched for the upcoming Raw and Smackdown! episodes. I feel as though things will turn around in time and this is kind of like a test in time sort of things. There is ALWAYS a calm before the storm. WWE has always had their slumps through the years but they have boomed more than a highschool full of hormonal'y challenged Teenage girls. Although I agree that they messed up a lot. They wasted DDP on a mediocre pop and they also used Bob Backlund last. REALLY?! Nobody even knew who Bob was in the crowd. They were just so silent it was not even funny. DDP should have been the last stop. Not Bob. Bob seems like he should have been one of the first to pop up. Either way.. This is only my 2 cents.

Xpacfan
07-11-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't really see how it's proving your point. We say WWE's programming is lackluster but others may think otherwise. The casual fans will continue to watch because they may think WWE's product is entertaining right now. Me or you not watching it really doesn't do any harm to their product other than not watching it for our reasons of not enough entertainment. WWE's product is still going to draw in consistent ratings because of their loyal casual fans who follow it. Just like how WCW was able to produce consistent ratings when Vince Russo was still head booker because while we smarks thought Russo's booking was dreadful and was the reason loyal viewers weren't interested in the product anymore, the ratings suggest otherwise. It's a subjective case.

I'm saying, to continue to watch something that you're not into but would like to see get better is never going to make the latter a reality. So why keep watching it? That's like chewing on the same piece of gum a hour after I popped it in my mouth and hoping the flavor comes back...its not going to happen! Its not until you ask...hell, DEMAND that you get something new and fresh, that you'll actually be satisfied.

There are more fans like you "still chewing away" at a stale product than there are casual fans. Casual fans give casually high ratings...casual fans causally spend their money on their casual interest. The WWE's ratings and event attendance are consitantly high...mostly by jaded fans or loyal children/immature adults. Think about what you're saying...Loyal and casual don't go togehter, dude. Its a total contridiction.

WCW: THAT'S MY POINT! If you don't send the message to the WWE early on that what they're doing isn't working for you then it gets to the point where the product gets so bad that everyone stops watching. Another analogy: Its like divorcing a woman who you've been married to for 15 years because her breath smells just as bad as it did the day you met!

YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING SOONER AND IT WAS TOTALLY PREVENTABLE!!!

K2Jelly
07-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm saying, to continue to watch something that you're not into but would like to see get better is never going to make the latter a reality. So why keep watching it? That's like chewing on the same piece of gum a hour after I popped it in my mouth and hoping the flavor comes back...its not going to happen! Its not until you ask...hell, DEMAND that you get something new and fresh, that you'll actually be satisfied.

There are more fans like you "still chewing away" at a stale product than there are casual fans. Casual fans give casually high ratings...casual fans causal spend their money on their casual interest. The WWE's ratings and event attendance are consitantly high...mostly by jaded fans or loyal children/immature adults. Think about what you're saying...Loyal and casual don't go togehter, dude. Its a total contridiction.

WCW: THAT'S MY POINT! If you don't send the message to the WWE early on that what they're doing isn't working for you then it gets to the point where the product gets so bad that everyone stops watching. Another analogy: Its like divorcing a woman who you've been married to for 15 years because her breath smells just as bad as it did the day you met!

That may be the case but things will change. It's just a matter of fact. Until the WWE finally shuts down, we're going to see change in the company. Remember when a lot of members here, like two years ago, wouldn't watch TNA because they thought it was terrible? Now, those guys are watching TNA and are liking it it more than the WWE because they saw change that they liked. And during the time they stopped watching it, did TNA shut down because they weren't getting supported? Nope. It continued. And this is TNA we're talking about. You think boycotting the WWE is going to make a difference?

PandaMassacre
07-11-2012, 02:13 PM

There are more fans like you "still chewing away" at a stale product than there are casual fans. Casual fans give casually high ratings...casual fans causal spend their money on their casual interest. The WWE's ratings and event attendance are consitantly high...mostly by jaded fans or loyal children/immature adults. Think about what you're saying...Loyal and casual don't go togehter, dude. Its a total contridiction.

But the WWE is not the only product that gets stale. TNA has had its moments. ROH has had its moments. It all boils down to loyalty and how much the true fans want them to succeed. Like I said before I love every promotion to death. But even I know that they all can't be perfect all the time. Especially when they have authority figures trashing their ideas and then they have to dig at the bottom of the bottle to cook up something magical for the audience. I know WWE tries, but it seems like the PG rating is really straining them now. WWE was so notorious for having sickening and mature story-lines. Some of them they can not do again simply because of that. They will realize eventually that they have back themselves up into a corner.

Xpacfan
07-11-2012, 02:15 PM
That may be the case but things will change. It's just a matter of fact. Until the WWE finally shuts down, we're going to see change in the company. Remember when a lot of members here, like two years ago, wouldn't watch TNA because they thought it was terrible? Now, those guys are watching TNA and are liking it it more than the WWE because they saw change that they liked. And during the time they stopped watching it, did TNA shut down because they weren't getting supported? Nope. It continued. And this is TNA we're talking about. You think boycotting the WWE is going to make a difference?

YES!!! Did you ever experience the Monday Night Wars?! Its how the then WWF got on top! WCW almost put them out of business in a ratings war and it wasn't until the WWF was challenged that it gave us some of the best content to date.

People had to leave and start giving their ratings and money to someone else for them to get the point! The WWE is owned by the same exact jackass the WWF was owned by back in 1997.

Xpacfan
07-11-2012, 02:18 PM
But the WWE is not the only product that gets stale. TNA has had its moments. ROH has had its moments. It all boils down to loyalty and how much the true fans want them to succeed. Like I said before I love every promotion to death. But even I know that they all can't be perfect all the time. Especially when they have authority figures trashing their ideas and then they have to dig at the bottom of the bottle to cook up something magical for the audience. I know WWE tries, but it seems like the PG rating is really straining them now. WWE was so notorious for having sickening and mature story-lines. Some of them they can not do again simply because of that. They will realize eventually that they have back themselves up into a corner.

We're not just talking about moments, we're (or at least I am) talking about years of a consistant downward spiral in the quality of WWE programming.

Viperfish
07-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I've been watching all my life. So what if they have a bad year or two? If they have a bad 5 years or a bad decade I might stop watching but I'm going to give it a proportional amount of chance time to bounce back as the amount of enjoyment it's given me over the years.

Dubs
07-11-2012, 02:20 PM
To not continue watching something and expect WWE to tend to my every needs isn't being realistic. In fact, it's not going to happen when WWE has other viewers who have a different opinion on WWE's product than I do. If I don't like something, I'm still going to keep watching it. WWE can have a horrible show next week but have one of the best shows of all time the week afterwards. But I'm not going know they had an awesome show if I'm not watching. Being pessimistic about things won't help anything. It will just make you even more pessimistic when things don't go your way.

I'm not understanding your point here. If the casual fans give casually high ratings and are loyal casual followers no matter what, how is me not watching going to send a message to them that I want a change? Like I said dude. subjective case.

You're not understanding my point with the WCW example. Ratings are objective whereas the feelings of a show is subjective. You can deem something as the best/worst show in the world but it's not the best/worst show in the world if no one is watching and that show produces low/high ratings. You're speaking subjective, the ratings that WWE produces are objective. Difference.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-11-2012, 02:25 PM
YES!!! Did you ever experience the Monday Night Wars?! Its how the then WWF got on top! WCW almost put them out of business in a ratings war and it wasn't until the WWF was challenged that it gave us some of the best content to date.

People had to leave and start giving their ratings and money to someone else for them to get the point! The WWE is owned by the same exact jackass the WWF was owned by back in 1997.

It's also owned by the same jackass who won the Monday Night Wars, in the end! :rolleyes:

To be frank I think the fans that frequent sites such as this are the least likely to be in tune with you average fan who watches the programming week in and week out! I tend to find the opinions of those that never go on these types of site resonate more soundly with the majority of the fans who watch the product faithfully, buy the most merchandise and buy PPV's, not stream them. These are the WWE's target audience, not us!

Face it, we're in a minority. A rather sad, tedious minority. Yes I do include myself in this, it's just funny that most on this forum can't see it or won't admit it. I have news for you all: You're not anything special!

Pumpkinhead
07-11-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't, I watch CMLL
the storylines are probably just as ridiculous, but I don't speak Spanish so I can't tell

LOL man there aren't any storylines

Xpacfan
07-11-2012, 02:30 PM
To not continue watching something and expect WWE to tend to my every needs isn't being realistic. In fact, it's not going to happen when WWE has other viewers who have a different opinion on WWE's product than I do. If I don't like something, I'm still going to keep watching it. WWE can have a horrible show next week but have one of the best shows of all time the week afterwards. But I'm not going know they had an awesome show if I'm not watching. Being pessimistic about things won't help anything. It will just make you even more pessimistic when things don't go your way.

I'm not understanding your point here. If the casual fans give casually high ratings and are loyal casual followers no matter what, how is me not watching going to send a message to them that I want a change? Like I said dude. subjective case.

You're not understanding my point with the WCW example. Ratings are objective whereas the feelings of a show is subjective. You can deem something as the best/worst show in the world but it's not the best/worst show in the world if no one is watching and that show produces low/high ratings. You're speaking subjective, the ratings that WWE produces are objective. Difference.

No one is saying that the WWE has to meet you're every need but when its consistantly not meeting the majority of them or in my case any, I think its time to send a message.

"If I don't like something, I'm still going to keep watching it." ...yup makes as much sense as WWE programming these days. And people wonder why they have a Leaprecaun as a GM!

DUDE! YOU CANNOT BE A LOYAL CASUAL FAN! Loyality and Causal have two very different...OPPOSITE definitions! Its the loyal discontent fans that continue to watch that give the WWE high ratings.

WCW: Facts are facts. The ratings in WCW started to slip...why? Quality programming. Is that opinionated...yes! And enough fans opinions of the show is that it was of poor quality thus WCW was bought out. My point...don't wait until everyone is screaming you suck to do something about your programming....do something while you see the writing on the wall!

Playboy Stevie V
07-11-2012, 02:30 PM
I said it on another forum that had a similar statement.

I'm guilty of watching the WWE regardless, because I grew up on it. It's an addiction. Even with how bad it has been getting lately, I'm still going to tune in, sorry. And that's not just WWE. I watch Impact religiously too, even when it was brutal. Why you may ask? Because I'm a die hard wrestling fan and will watch anything wrestling before anything else. So if it's on, I'm watching it. ESPN Classic AWA, I'm watching that too.

So maybe a intervention is in order for me..LOL

Xpacfan
07-11-2012, 02:36 PM
It's also owned by the same jackass who won the Monday Night Wars, in the end! :rolleyes:

To be frank I think the fans that frequent sites such as this are the least likely to be in tune with you average fan who watches the programming week in and week out! I tend to find the opinions of those that never go on these types of site resonate more soundly with the majority of the fans who watch the product faithfully, buy the most merchandise and buy PPV's, not stream them. These are the WWE's target audience, not us!

Face it, we're in a minority. A rather sad, tedious minority. Yes I do include myself in this, it's just funny that most on this forum can't see it or won't admit it. I have news for you all: You're not anything special!

EXACTLY! Because the fans sent a clear message that, they did not like what the WWF was giving them and they need to get their shit together.

You may be right...may be we are a minority but it doesn't mean that fans outside of the internet don't feel the same way I do or fall into any of the categories I've mentioned. It certainly doesn't meant that anything that I'm saying isn't true. Your statement means nothing more than you mentioning that we're all just a couple of guys talking about wrestling on the net.

As long as you believe that as a consumer that actively contributes to the WWE's ratings that you are nothing special, they are going to continue to treat you all as if you are nothing special. Value your time and what you choose to look at and maybe...just maybe, things will change :)

Pumpkinhead
07-11-2012, 02:36 PM

You my friend, hit on the nail, some people don't understand we are not the target audience, instead the focus in the casual fans so they call the shows mediocre, I think the WWE is in the best posible place ever in their history, it's diferrent programming but compare to other promotions they make a lot of money and that's what it matters, to answer the thread, I watch WWE becuase I like it, I won't watch to hope it gets better because it won't make sense, if you don't like it you should do what xpacfan did, watch TNA, it's a simple solution

John Lonce
07-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Here is what I would do, with RAW going to 3 hours, abolish Smackdown, unify the 2 titles (I always found that silly to begin with), and have 1 roster.

Dubs
07-11-2012, 02:46 PM
No one is saying that the WWE has to meet you're every need but when its consistant not meeting the majority of them or in my case any, I think its time to send a message.
That isn't the case since they are still drawing in consistent ratings.

"If I don't like something, I'm still going to keep watching it." ...yup makes as much sense as WWE programming these days. And people wonder why they have a Leaprecaun as a GM!
The Leaprecaun as GM thing holds little weight because it was an old angle that was brought back into a comedy bit. Did I enjoy it? Meh, I was indifferent to it but does that mean other casual viewers enjoyed it. Probably. That's where subjective comes in to play.

DUDE! YOU CANNOT BE A LOYAL CASUAL FAN! Loyality and Causal have too very different...OPPOSITE definitions! Its the loyal discontent fans that continue to watch that give the WWE high ratings.
And I never claimed a loyal and casual fan can be grouped. I meant to put a slash in between loyal and casual. Point still stands. If WWE has loyal and casual viewers who gives them high ratings, me not watching it won't matter because it won't effect their product.

WCW: Facts are facts. The ratings in WCW started to slip...why? Quality programming. Is that opinionated...yes! And enough fans opinions of the show is that it was of poor quality thus WCW was bought out. My point...don't wait until everyone is scream you suck do something about you're programming....do something while you see the writing on the wall!
No, that's not the reason WCW was brought out. WCW was brought out because Time Warner didn't want to be associated with the wrestling business as they saw wrestling as beneath them. Hulk Hogan has stated that and even Larry Zbyszko. WCW was losing money but they were still drawing good numbers that even TNA no where near gets and close to what Raw draws. They were doing fine with the ratings.

Cabers
07-11-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't, I watch CMLL

hahahaha best post ever! Can't understand the talking brillaint show!

Asherdelampyr
07-11-2012, 03:20 PM
hahahaha best post ever! Can't understand the talking brillaint show!

you don't need words to understand an amazing dive. ;)

BadAndy
07-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I get really tired of hearing the complaints. So many of you complain day in and day out yet you aren't even watching. It's like a person complaining about who is president but they didn't vote. You have no room to speak. IF YOU WATCHED, you'd realize that the WWE today is getting better and is in a better place than it was 5 years ago. Better talent by far.

What you need to do is realize where WWE is at this point. It caters to the people that are it's main audience. As I've said many times before, that's children. Kids don't care if there's an "epic" battle or one that is only a minute long. WWE has a challenge though. Their challenge is to find a middle ground to keep fans as they get older and start to become bored by the product. It is short sighted though to sit here and complain about a downward spiral when that's really not happening at all. I have the feeling that the WWE could hire Oscar winning writers that create the most incredible storylines and you as well as many other fans would still be complaining. It seems you just don't want to like the product.

The Expendable
07-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Well, I watch only the matches of Alberto del Rio and when some old wrestler comes back but that's it

K2Jelly
07-11-2012, 06:33 PM
I get really tired of hearing the complaints. So many of you complain day in and day out yet you aren't even watching. It's like a person complaining about who is president but they didn't vote. You have no room to speak. IF YOU WATCHED, you'd realize that the WWE today is getting better and is in a better place than it was 5 years ago. Better talent by far.

What you need to do is realize where WWE is at this point. It caters to the people that are it's main audience. As I've said many times before, that's children. Kids don't care if there's an "epic" battle or one that is only a minute long. WWE has a challenge though. Their challenge is to find a middle ground to keep fans as they get older and start to become bored by the product. It is short sighted though to sit here and complain about a downward spiral when that's really not happening at all. I have the feeling that the WWE could hire Oscar winning writers that create the most incredible storylines and you as well as many other fans would still be complaining. It seems you just don't want to like the product.

So let me get this straight; no matter how much money we invest into their merchandise, PPV's and live shows, along with helping rating through watching WWE programming on a regular basis, it's immoral to complain, when we don't like something? I'm sorry but if I don't like something, I'm going to voice my opinion on the matter. I'm not gonna do it all the time nor am I going to be obnoxious about it but I'm going to gripe about it whether you like it or not.

BadAndy
07-11-2012, 06:39 PM
So let me get this straight; no matter how much money we invest into their merchandise, PPV's and live shows, along with helping rating through watching WWE programming on a regular basis, it's immoral to complain, when we don't like something? I'm sorry but if I don't like something, I'm going to voice my opinion on the matter. I'm not gonna do it all the time nor am I going to be obnoxious about it but I'm going to gripe about it whether you like it or not.

I've made a gripe every now and them myself. But if you look at most of these people who start or reply to these "hate" threads about the WWE, they DON"T watch and probably watch the PPV's on the Internet where they aren't even paying for that. So no they don't have room to complain. Too many today just want to be the old man on the porch saying, "You know, back in my day...." and are doing nothing more. If they do happen to watch a show, they have their pens and papers ready to write down everything they hate and ignore what's good.

K2Jelly
07-11-2012, 06:47 PM
I've made a gripe every now and them myself. But if you look at most of these people who start or reply to these "hate" threads about the WWE, they DON"T watch and probably watch the PPV's on the Internet where they aren't even paying for that. So no they don't have room to complain. Too many today just want to be the old man on the porch saying, "You know, back in my day...." and are doing nothing more. If they do happen to watch a show, they have their pens and papers ready to write down everything they hate and ignore what's good.

Alright. I see what you're saying. Sorry about the confusion. Anyways, whenever I watch RAW, I'm not always satisfied. At the end of the night, sometimes I feel a bit empty, like they could have done more. Sometimes, I'm just like "meh". And there are times, like the 7/9/12 edition of RAW where I have to vent because I just wasted the last two hours watching a half baked episode.

Pumpkinhead
07-11-2012, 08:47 PM

The problem is coming from the attitude era were everything was edgy and violent to an PG era some people won''t simply accept change, they want everything goes back as it was before, WWE reminds to Metallica, they were the hottest Thrash Metal in their time and when they decide to tune down and make more comercial stream music the all fans turn their back on them

masakaritko
07-12-2012, 03:27 AM
I watch Raw because I'm a glutton for punishment. That, and I still hold onto the hope that something good will happen. Every once in a while they surprise me. I never miss a ppv, and that's where they concentrate all of their effort. And if I don't watch raw and smackdown and only read the results, I may not get the full picture of why the card is stacked the way it is. and some of their ppvs are still good, of course some of them are rotten apples.

imswm
07-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Alright. I see what you're saying. Sorry about the confusion. Anyways, whenever I watch RAW, I'm not always satisfied. At the end of the night, sometimes I feel a bit empty, like they could have done more. Sometimes, I'm just like "meh". And there are times, like the 7/9/12 edition of RAW where I have to vent because I just wasted the last two hours watching a half baked episode.

The EXTREMELY simple solution to shows that don't fully deliver is to record them then scan through the parts you are fairly certain are going to blow. Unless a person is so ADD they "have to" experience a program in real-time--which is really preposterous when the show is taped to begin with, such as Smackdown--rather than, say, catching it the next evening, this is an ideal way to follow a promotion without the headaches and long dull stretches. (REALLY a lifesaver for those three-hr migrainethons.)