PDA

View Full Version : Ok I give in.

Reloval
07-11-2012, 09:29 AM
I've been a WWE fan for 20 years. I always picked them over WCW back in the day and I pick them over TNA now. I watched TNA a few times maybe a year or so ago and thought it was awful so I stopped. After the atrocious Raw on Monday, I think it is time to broaden my horizons. I am going to give TNA another shot. Please get me up to speed and any storyline I need to know about.

Thank you,

Rick BoA
07-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Everyone is a heel and a face, it just depends on which episode you are watching.

akbar
07-11-2012, 10:08 AM
-Austin Aries who is a fan favourite just became champion, Robert Roode the heel will probably try challenge him.
-Zema Ion is the new X division champ...
-AJ Styles is apparantly having an affair with the owner of the company Dixie Carter and Chis Daniels and kaz are trying bust their ass.
-BFG series where people fight to gain points eventually the leader gets a title shot, if I'm not mistaken, Samoa Joe is currently ahead with James Storm, Kurt Angel contending.

VanHooliganX
07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
I've been a WWE fan for 20 years. I always picked them over WCW back in the day and I pick them over TNA now. I watched TNA a few times maybe a year or so ago and thought it was awful so I stopped. After the atrocious Raw on Monday, I think it is time to broaden my horizons. I am going to give TNA another shot. Please get me up to speed and any storyline I need to know about.

Thank you,

You should watch both really and ROH if you have the time.

tupelojoe81
07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Everyone is a heel and a face, it just depends on which episode you are watching.

haha, this is so true.

MachoManFan
07-11-2012, 10:45 AM

Funny enough you could say the same about WWE.

OT: TNA have gotten very good at recapping and having Mike Tennay and TAZ give catch ups during matches so you'll catch on pretty quick. The main one at the moment is AJ Styles / Chris Daniels, where Daniels alleged AJ was having an affair with Dixie, turns out he wasn't they were helping their druggy friend who is pregnant. Now Daniels is accusing AJ of being the childs father. Bully Ray is feuding with Joseph Park (Abyss's Kayfabe brother (really abyss)). Zema Ion is X-Division champ and is notorious for breaking Jesse Sorrenson's neck (legit).

Now is a pretty good time to start watching TNA because the Bound For Glory series means there a plenty of good matches without any complicated feuds.

shambo2k9
07-11-2012, 10:46 AM
-Austin Aries who is a fan favourite just became champion, Robert Roode the heel will probably try challenge him.
-Zema Ion is the new X division champ...
-AJ Styles is apparantly having an affair with the owner of the company Dixie Carter and Chis Daniels and kaz are trying bust their ass.
-BFG series where people fight to gain points eventually the leader gets a title shot, if I'm not mistaken, Samoa Joe is currently ahead with James Storm, Kurt Angel contending.

just to add...

- bully ray is feuding with jospeth park who is a lawyer and the brother of abyss but they are actually the same person.
- the knockouts tag team champions are a man and woman... a very underutilized man i might add, who are married.
- the tv title gets defended every week by devon... when they feel like it
- one if the hottest knockouts has a crush on earl hebnar
- rvd hardly gets air time
- mr anderson is still a ass hole
- someone attacked sting
- and good luck trying to watch it as spike tv has just been dropped.

cymru96123
07-11-2012, 10:57 AM
just to add...

- bully ray is feuding with jospeth park who is a lawyer and the brother of abyss but they are actually the same person.
- the knockouts tag team champions are a man and woman... a very underutilized man i might add, who are married.
- the tv title gets defended every week by devon... when they feel like it
- one if the hottest knockouts has a crush on earl hebnar
- rvd hardly gets air time
- mr anderson is still a ass hole
- someone attacked sting
- and good luck trying to watch it as spike tv has just been dropped.

Wait, what? Who?

Reloval
07-11-2012, 11:07 AM
So in otherwords, even though i hear alot of buzz about TNA the last few weeks, it still isn't much better then last time I watched it?

Raijko Murray
07-11-2012, 11:23 AM
So in otherwords, even though i hear alot of buzz about TNA the last few weeks, it still isn't much better then last time I watched it?

Yes its a lot better, although unfortunately, you've posted this in a forum which is FILLED to the brim with WWE marks. Honestly the best thing you can do it watch Impact this Thursday and judge the product for yourself. TNA has been putting on great shows since they went live a month ago and that looks set to continue. Like one of the guys said, the TNA commentators do a lot of recapping of storylines during the show so you should catch on pretty fast, although if you really can't wait until Thursday than there are sites/videos where you can watch the previous impact show or Destination X.

shambo2k9
07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Wait, what? Who?

madison rayne.... yep lol

The Piper
07-11-2012, 11:38 AM
It's becoming hard to be a WWE fan nowadays

07-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Wait, what? Who?Madison's mystery crush was revealed as....... Earl Hebner

Rokudo
07-11-2012, 12:30 PM
I've been a WWE fan for a long time. I gave TNA a shot a while ago and actually watched it for around a year, but the Immortal crap was too much for me and I quit. Recently, WWE has been boring as hell again, with AJ being the only interesting thing going on (and even her segments were horrible this week) so I started watching TNA again around 2 months ago and it's been pretty good with some great matches. The current WHC feud has been pretty good from creative point of view. Here is an honest summary of the current product from a former WWE mark:
-The Bound For Glory series is currently going on. It's a 12 man tournament, where the winner goes on the challenge the world champion at TNA's biggest PPV. Good thing is, the tourney is point based and positions can shift at any time. Most of the top guys like AJ, Angle, Storm, Hardy, RVD, Anderson etc are in it. Currently Samoa Joe is in 1st place.
-Every month there is a tryout match segment with a new wrestler/knockout. This can be a little boring, because the week after that person is judged by Bruce Prichard, Al Snow and Taz.
-Devon is supposed to defend the TV title every week.
-Hogan is the GM, but it's not bad actually, because he doesn't hog as much TV time as he did before and is doing a good job (I can't belive I'm saying that).
-Brooke Hogan is the VP of the knockouts. There are some useless segments with her talking with the girls backstage from time to time, but it doesn't take too much time either.

-Last few weeks there was a tourney between new X-division stars to crown a champion, after Austin Aries "cashed in" his title to get a shot at Bobby Roode's WHC. Zema Ion won the X championship in an Ultimate X match. He is currently "feuding" with Jesse Sorensen, whose neck Ion broke in a match a while ago. Aries also won the WHC.
-The "main" storyline is about Daniels (and Kaz) claiming that AJ and Dixie (the owner of TNA) are lovers. In the end it turned out that they weren't and were in fact trying to help a mutual friend going through some problems. Now that Claire's story was revealed, Daniels is accusing AJ of being Claire's baby's father. This is ... complicated and I honestly don't like that storyline. Kaz and Daniels are the tag champs.
-Apparently Abyss went missing at some point before I started watching and his lawyer "brother" went searching for him. Turns out Bully Ray was responsible for Abyss' disappearance and now it's feuding with that brother.
-Miss Tessmacher (or however you spell her name) is the KO champion and is feuding with the former champ, Gail Kim.
-Madison has a crush on Earl Hebner. I think she is secretly trying to get him to help her win the championship, but that's only speculation on my part.
-Sting was attacked and HH is trying to find out who are the attackers, or they are trying to send a message to HH/Sting, idk.
Overall, TNA has some great and some bad things going on, but it's a lot more interesting than WWE atm.

EDIT: Just saw my sig. Capitol Punishment, MITB from last year, LOL I have been really inactive on this forum, huh :eek:

Cabers
07-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah TNA is better than WWE now!

Jack91
07-11-2012, 04:57 PM
why do you have to watch one or the other, just watch both, simples

BadAndy
07-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Yes its a lot better, although unfortunately, you've posted this in a forum which is FILLED to the brim with WWE marks. Honestly the best thing you can do it watch Impact this Thursday and judge the product for yourself. TNA has been putting on great shows since they went live a month ago and that looks set to continue. Like one of the guys said, the TNA commentators do a lot of recapping of storylines during the show so you should catch on pretty fast, although if you really can't wait until Thursday than there are sites/videos where you can watch the previous impact show or Destination X.

What constitutes a WWE mark and a WWE fan? That is one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen. If people like WWE let them. They have a right to. I happen to like both products.

Reloval, I'm not sure how one episode can sway you. Back during the AE, WWE produced some stinker episodes as well. It seems short sighted to just stop. But seeing as how you've made that decision, I'm not sure you'll like TNA much more. TNA still uses much of the old WCW way of things. The "acting" and writing can be pretty bad at times. You do have some positives. Bully Ray is an incredible force. He is one of the main saves for TNA. He's a natural actor and heel and a phenomenal wrestler. They are doing their run for the Bound For Glory series right now so you get to see some great matches with great competitors. AA, Roode, Styles, Daniels, Storm and a few others are incredible and could rule the roost in WWE if they were there. The Knockouts can actually wrestle. Although since Brooke Hogan has come in they seem to have given KO time to her and taken it away from the other girls unfortunately. On the negative side of things, it can be super cheesy and just come off as very scripted. Old wrestlers past their prime are still main eventers and you have other talent that you might not see for months, which sometimes culminates in them and TNA parting ways. The AJ, Claire, blah blah blah thing is terrible. It's worse than anything going on in the WWE right now.

Bottom line is, you should keep watching RAW and you should give TNA a try. They both lay eggs every now and then, but if you're never enjoying RAW or Smackdown, then you may be way too critical because every show isn't like last Monday. They have had some pretty good stuff going on too and the wrestlers "acting" and mic skills are usually better.

The Brown One
07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
I'd say that Rokudo summed it up very well. Impact is a hell of a lot better than it was when Immortal was running around. I prefer it over Raw now.

masakaritko
07-12-2012, 02:17 AM
yeah it was Austin Aries that sucked me back into TNA. Raw was horrible this week, and has been mediocre quite often lately, and I'm not quite sure what they are doing on that side of the fence anymore. TNA, on the other hand, has finally decided to step their game up for real and the timing couldn't be better because with WWE's lackluster shows lately, more people may start to check TNA out. I think the think that has made me happy about TNA lately more than anything else is the way they had A double win the TNA title. Not necessarily the fact that he won, but the way he won it. A clean win after coming back from Roode's dirty tricks. A small guy getting a completely clean win over the champ, and not making it look like he got lucky, but they made him look like the better man on that night.

bcfccalum
07-12-2012, 03:16 AM
i tried getting on board with TNA a couple of years ago but i just didnt really enjoy it, now that people are saying its improved i might give it another chance. where and when can i catch it in the UK?

Mr. Ziggles
07-12-2012, 05:06 AM
i tried getting on board with TNA a couple of years ago but i just didnt really enjoy it, now that people are saying its improved i might give it another chance. where and when can i catch it in the UK?

Challenge, 9pm on a Sunday.

Reloval
07-12-2012, 08:57 AM
why do you have to watch one or the other, just watch both, simples

I will watch both, I stop watching when one consistantly sucks like TNA did. I am seeing if they are worth giving another shot. Not gonna waste my time if it's not. I work full time, Go to school for my MBA and am planning a wedding.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Change the channel when Dixie has a mic in her hand or you see Brooke Hogan. Those segments are terrible.

Basically everything else is decent to great. If you are in the USA just watch their one-hour recap show before Impact starts.