PDA

View Full Version : Wade Barrett & Dolph at MITB

El T Draino 316
07-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Hey Everyone,

I apologize for the 90th thread about the MITB, but I just had a thought that I could see happening.

Tyson Kidd has been getting jumped and destroyed by Tensai for a few weeks now. I think this could possibly lead to one final brutal beat down before the MITB match, leaving a vacant spot. That vacant spot will of course be filled by Mr. Wade Barrett (hopefully with the 'Barrett Barrage' term buried in the dark corners of the world).

My initial reaction: Please no. 1. That's a shame for Kidd, he deserves this push. 2. If Wade returns, he will win. 3. If Wade wins, Ziggler does not win. 4. Tensai sucks.

My logical reaction: I, like many others on the site, want Dolph to win the WWE title via the traditional route - without a shiny briefcase. I'm hoping for an instant classic main event match at a big PPV against a big star opponent. The briefcases have acted as the catalyst for a long line of mediocre first title wins. It is the scapegoat, back-alley way to winning a title. It's a tool used incorrectly to catapult potentially unprepared stars into stardom, which is why they potentially fizzle out (ex. Swagger). The traditional, build a star and let him earn it the right way - against a game opponent, is the perfect ending to a star's climb to main event status. It's all about building credibility with the fans, at least in my eyes. The briefcase takes away from that a bit.

El T Draino's Theory: Kidd out, Barrett In, Tensai and Vickie screw over Dolph as he is about to win (she had her eye on him on Monday), Barrett Wins, but Dolph looks awesome and sympathetic in defeat.

Dameduse823
07-11-2012, 12:02 AM
I'm a bit confused and maybe I'm just reading it wrong. You don't want Dolph to win mitb but you don't want Barrett to return because Barrett will win the briefcase and Dolph wont?

masakaritko
07-11-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm a bit confused and maybe I'm just reading it wrong. You don't want Dolph to win mitb but you don't want Barrett to return because Barrett will win the briefcase and Dolph wont?
I believe the way that he worded it said that his initial reaction was please no barrett will take the win from ziggler, but he thought about it and decided that it would be better for dolph if he won it the traditional way.

The Brown One
07-11-2012, 01:17 AM
I don't think Barrett will be in it. Of course, that's without reading the Smackdown spoilers yet. But I'd rather see Rhodes or Ziggler win it at this point, as having Barrett return a few days before the PPV and then going on to win MITB wouldn't be good.

Cabers
07-11-2012, 03:04 PM
I see Ziggler taking despite vickies attempts for Tensai to win becoming face in the process and Tensai gets even more annoying.

Dennis
07-11-2012, 09:49 PM
tyson kidd should win it IMO. here are some reasons I will give to support my claim, 1) tyson kidd is just starting to get a push and this would put him right in the title picture. 2) ziggler and christian don't need this win ziggler should win it the old fashion way what he isn't far from doing.. and christian should stay in the mid card range I think you could use the same argument for rhodes as ziggler both are going to be in the main event.. why give them this push? 3) tyson kidd puts a different face on smackdown what has some great heels to work with right now.. (sandow, adr, ziggler, rhodes) and also would be an interesting match against sheamus... plus tensai could hurt kidd and take kid out of action to draw out that story, then kidd comes back when he is uninjured and surprises the champion by winning the title after a great match by the champion.. tyson kidd is the wildcard!

The Brown One
07-11-2012, 11:50 PM
tyson kidd should win it IMO. here are some reasons I will give to support my claim, 1) tyson kidd is just starting to get a push and this would put him right in the title picture. 2) ziggler and christian don't need this win ziggler should win it the old fashion way what he isn't far from doing.. and christian should stay in the mid card range I think you could use the same argument for rhodes as ziggler both are going to be in the main event.. why give them this push? 3) tyson kidd puts a different face on smackdown what has some great heels to work with right now.. (sandow, adr, ziggler, rhodes) and also would be an interesting match against sheamus... plus tensai could hurt kidd and take kid out of action to draw out that story, then kidd comes back when he is uninjured and surprises the champion by winning the title after a great match by the champion.. tyson kidd is the wildcard!

Kidd isn't ready yet. Hes just getting a big singles push for the first time in years, if ever. He still needs to work on his mic skills, and hasn't really been in any matches with main eventers. Plus hes got size going against him. Maybe in a year or two, if hes lucky.

P.S. Rhodes and Ziggler don't need MITB - you're right. But I don't see them doing ADR vs Sheamus for too long, as it's a crappy feud. I also wouldn't mind if Rhodes or Ziggler became champion sooner rather than later, as Rhodes isn't doing anything, and Ziggler is ready.

Joonny
07-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Apparently, if Barrett returns at MITB, we will have 4 IWC favorites.
Tyson Kidd, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett in the same match.

Just hope this happens, 50% chance for the IWC to be happy.