PDA

View Full Version : WHo Are The "Tweeners" Today

King Scrapper
07-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Here is my list of Tweeners in today's roster.

CM Punk:

Still not fully a face IMO. Creative seems to have him play the low road and not give much in terms of having him do things for the fans. He seems to still only do things for himself and his love of wrestling. Not fully a face but definitely not a heel.

Kane:

They have been making Kane straddle the line of Heel and Face for a large part of his career. His character is very hard to be disliked by fans. He legitimately looks 'cool' and fits the stereotype of a big strong monster who could hurt someone. He's one of the better characters that the WWE ever made. Which is why he's still a tweener.

Randy Orton:

Need I explain? They want him to be a tweener. Not a heel, but definitely not a face. Only does what he wants for himself. Willing to hurt anyone and get into anyones face. Like a toned down psychopath SCSA who substitutes minor drug use for beer (I see what I did there :-)).

Dolph Ziggler:

I'm not positive on this one but I have a strong feeling that Ziggler is soon to make a face turn and be replaced by Tensai with Vickie. The seeds of a tweener/face turn was when he had his match against Swagger. Fans love Ziggler. They feed into his show off character. He could never be a full face because his overall persona doesnt fit but he is definitely someone you love to hate because he is just that damn good at being that damn good.

Sheamus:

They want Sheamus to be the overly aggressive in need of anger management Irish guy. He's not a heel. He stands up for what is right. But he's ruthless. He's brutal. He's not afraid to let his anger get to him and demolish people. This is what makes him a tweener. Not a face. he will take a DQ as long as his opponents face has been kicked in.

Chris Jericho (To an extent):

Technically if one had to nail down face or heel he would definitely be heel. But his character has so much history and so much skill that fans will never let him be fully heel. He's the guy you love to see, but in the back of your mind never really want to lose. Fans know Jericho is one of the best of all time so they dont give him true boos like someone like the MIz would get (not knocking the Miz. I love that guy but people genuinely hate him which is also good), but people boo Jericho because 1. he's right about almost everything he says, 2. he can entertain his ass off 3. he can wrestle like none other.

Sound off with thoughts and who you also think could be a tweener in the WWE right now.

Destruction
07-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Kane
AJ
Chris Jericho
Epico
Primo

Five off the top of my head

Cabers
07-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Kane
AJ
Chris Jericho
Epico
Primo

Five off the top of my head

You nailed the first 3 but i think the last 2 is just more confusion than anything else.

King Scrapper
07-10-2012, 03:49 PM
You nailed the first 3 but i think the last 2 is just more confusion than anything else.

Agreed. Massive confusion with the last two. I didnt even think of AJ but she's a definite tweener right now

Kenny Kaos
07-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I wish I could nail AJ, but thats another story.

I'm gonna say Sandow. Now bare with me. Blatant heel, but I think most smart fans like the guy and see he is pure gold on the mic and very solid in the ring too

The Brown One
07-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Christian comes off as someone who can play a heel or face well, and it always seems like they can turn him at any moment. Also, Truth could easily be a tweener.

King Scrapper
07-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Christian comes off as someone who can play a heel or face well, and it always seems like they can turn him at any moment. Also, Truth could easily be a tweener.

I was also going to put Christian in my list for the very same reasons. He's one of those guys who can flip the switch easily and be successful doing both. I also agree with Truth. He's always on the fence.

Lucas Chapel
07-11-2012, 01:39 AM
My favourite current Tweeners are:

1. CM Punk
2. Ryback
3. Kane
4. Samoa Joe