PDA

View Full Version : Question about WWE?

dub
07-10-2012, 01:14 PM
So I'm sure by now most of us has expressed our thoughts about Raw last night. IMO I don't think it was that good as the majority feels here on EWN. But I do have one question to ask the nation and get some thoughts. Why can't the WWE use it's "time fillers" to do more? A lot of WWE shows is wasted on pointless stuff. Take for instance Raw last night... Why not put on a Kofi w/RTruth vs Hunico w/Camacho match to build something before their MITB pre-show match and eventually have that mini fued lead to a tag title match? Why not have Sin Cara v Mcintyre v Trent Barretta (Where in the world is this guy) for the last spot in S.D. MITB w/ Sin Cara winning of course. Why not have Alex Riley or the Uso's or Reks/Hawkins involved somehow? Me personally I would much rather see this than another Brodus Clay squash of Mcintyre. I would much rather see this than the annonymous GM segment. I mean seriously how much minutes of wrestlng did we get last night? Has the WWE forgotten that Raw is a "wrestling" show??? Anyways just my two cents... Let me know what you guys and gals would do to make the best of Raw and Smackdowns time fillers.

Dennis
07-10-2012, 01:24 PM
the brodus squash match was a fail... or swagger jobbing to sheamus just angered me... why are they having two great wrestlers in drew and jack lose that quickly.. isn't swagger a former champion haha? so yes the fillers could actually mean something.. like instead of throwing three fillers in one raw.. cut them out and put in an actual match.. preferably a tag team match so I can actually care who the tag team champions are again.

dub
07-10-2012, 02:03 PM
the brodus squash match was a fail... or swagger jobbing to sheamus just angered me... why are they having two great wrestlers in drew and jack lose that quickly.. isn't swagger a former champion haha? so yes the fillers could actually mean something.. like instead of throwing three fillers in one raw.. cut them out and put in an actual match.. preferably a tag team match so I can actually care who the tag team champions are again.

Frustrated me as well to see how they did Swag and Drew. It's almost like what we are saying makes too much sense (lol)... And speaking of the tag titles we know the champs are Kofi/Truth and the #1 Contenders are PrimeTimePlayers but... HAS ANYTHING HAPPPENED BETWEEN THESE TWO TEAMS YET?!?!?!?!? Does anyone even remember PTP being #1 contenders??? For cryin out loud let them have a conversation in the locker room or SOMETHING?!?!?

Lowki
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
I really believe there is method to Vince's madness. I actually think he doesn't want ANYTHING on the show to overshadow his main spots. This is why Smackdown ideas are usually moved to storylines on Raw (A few writers have said that a lot of good ideas from smackdown writers were given to Raw - I'm not 100% but i'm sure someone like Dave Lagana complained in a post-wwe interview). I think he has one or two main events/storylines to push on Raw so he pretty much fills the rest of the card with crap. Plus, he probably thinks that as long as Cena, Punk and Bryan are covered in most of the raw segments, then the rest of the show doesn't matter.
It's something i've noticed for years. The writers get a lot of stick, but i personally think there's some really good ideas that get shot down constantly. I think Ziggler's pretty lucky; even though he deserves a lot more, and seems to be heading that way now, I personally think he'd still be in a mid card position had it not been for Del Rio's concussion and Smackdown having some main stars out of action (Henry, Orton etc). This is why i'm also skeptical about a cruiserweight show. If it did start gaining popularity, Vince would probably water it down so it doesn't reaching Raw's viewership. It's just an opinion though.

weechris
07-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Having Swagger and McIntyre jobbing is a complete lack in creative thinking by WWE. That pisses me off, both are talented younger wrestlers that can wrestle compared to some in WWE but Vince seems fit to just use them as fillers or put people over.

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-10-2012, 02:16 PM
All the matches were relevant to Money In The Bank, apart from Clay's match. I understand why you would be upset that the tag teams weren't pushed, but in all honesty, there was too much other build up required in order to get the PPV sales to increase (The pre-show match isn't meant to be pushed... just for the crowd to get warmed up with a face victory).

Sheamus needed to dominate a match to equal Del Rio's feat last week, all the MITB competitors were in action as well as the WWE titles. Add in the 'Legend' match and the time restraints wouldn't allow for much more. As for Clay's match, WWE needed to show that he's still a dominant force following his losses and attacks to the Big Show. Personally, I think this could lead to the culmination of a match between the two at Summerslam, so he has to look fairly good beforehand.

Yes, the commentators match was pointless. But at least it lead to two interesting points: 1. We found out who the anonymous GM was, and 2. Underlining an interesting point of no matter how much a feud has past it's expiry date, people will still watch it, given that the face seems to be set on dominating a heel.

Dennis
07-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Frustrated me as well to see how they did Swag and Drew. It's almost like what we are saying makes too much sense (lol)... And speaking of the tag titles we know the champs are Kofi/Truth and the #1 Contenders are PrimeTimePlayers but... HAS ANYTHING HAPPPENED BETWEEN THESE TWO TEAMS YET?!?!?!?!? Does anyone even remember PTP being #1 contenders??? For cryin out loud let them have a conversation in the locker room or SOMETHING?!?!?
totally agree.. and now kofi and truth are facing who in the preshow? hahah the PrimeTimePlayers have potential mostly because of how obnoxious AW is with that mic.. I saw that on superstars and said.. well at least not all of wwe creative ideas are that terrible haha

dub
07-10-2012, 03:28 PM
All the matches were relevant to Money In The Bank, apart from Clay's match. I understand why you would be upset that the tag teams weren't pushed, but in all honesty, there was too much other build up required in order to get the PPV sales to increase (The pre-show match isn't meant to be pushed... just for the crowd to get warmed up with a face victory).

Sheamus needed to dominate a match to equal Del Rio's feat last week, all the MITB competitors were in action as well as the WWE titles. Add in the 'Legend' match and the time restraints wouldn't allow for much more. As for Clay's match, WWE needed to show that he's still a dominant force following his losses and attacks to the Big Show. Personally, I think this could lead to the culmination of a match between the two at Summerslam, so he has to look fairly good beforehand.

Yes, the commentators match was pointless. But at least it lead to two interesting points: 1. We found out who the anonymous GM was, and 2. Underlining an interesting point of no matter how much a feud has past it's expiry date, people will still watch it, given that the face seems to be set on dominating a heel.

Good stuff Daffey and ur right a lot of those matches were used as hype for money in the bank unfortunately... but man I wouldve much rather watched other guys that they neeeeeever use in action instead of the pointless stuff.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I think this is Vince's way to tell the internet to join his "Kiss My Ass" club.

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Good stuff Daffey and ur right a lot of those matches were used as hype for money in the bank unfortunately... but man I wouldve much rather watched other guys that they neeeeeever use in action instead of the pointless stuff.

Thanks.

On one regard, it's good that they're on Superstars to showcase their talents in better matches. And there's certainly hope for the guys you named above, as it seems WWE works on a cyclical basis. So last year Ryder got promoted, and it seems as though Kidd is now becoming more prominent. The future looks good!

Wrestling1
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
it was what it was.. im getting tired of wwe right now everynight it seems like the same story line . aj messing with cm punk and show and cena and kane going at it with swagger thrown in a stupid match worth nothing .. i want something good to happen and i dont mind the segments and backstage promos but at least get me excited for the matches coming up and stop showing the same guys in differrnt kinds of matches shit gets boring! and where are the SEXY divas you know like IDK THE DIVAS CHAMPION!

The Brown One
07-10-2012, 08:10 PM

1) Sheamus could have had a longer match if they didn't book those Santino segments.
2) Brodus Clay wasn't even needed on the show, as hes not even on the MITB card.

wheelchair1986
07-10-2012, 09:49 PM
So I'm sure by now most of us has expressed our thoughts about Raw last night. IMO I don't think it was that good as the majority feels here on EWN. But I do have one question to ask the nation and get some thoughts. Why can't the WWE use it's "time fillers" to do more? A lot of WWE shows is wasted on pointless stuff. Take for instance Raw last night... Why not put on a Kofi w/RTruth vs Hunico w/Camacho match to build something before their MITB pre-show match and eventually have that mini fued lead to a tag title match? Why not have Sin Cara v Mcintyre v Trent Barretta (Where in the world is this guy) for the last spot in S.D. MITB w/ Sin Cara winning of course. Why not have Alex Riley or the Uso's or Reks/Hawkins involved somehow? Me personally I would much rather see this than another Brodus Clay squash of Mcintyre. I would much rather see this than the annonymous GM segment. I mean seriously how much minutes of wrestlng did we get last night? Has the WWE forgotten that Raw is a "wrestling" show??? Anyways just my two cents... Let me know what you guys and gals would do to make the best of Raw and Smackdowns time fillers.

I feel the same. If they are gunna have "time fillers" why not give us something like Kidd vs. Mason ryan(where the hell did he disappear to after S.S.?) I also think with the lack of diva competition now it will be harder to sell it as a title. I think we got like one half hour (if that) of in ring action which is bad if wwe is going to 3 hours, because that was the same shit that killed wcw. Alex riley, syn cara, mason ryan, tyson kidd, and even sandow and tensai (both of which are guys that did in wwe work 10 years ago but were fired/demoted and then worked there ass off just to be right back in wwe's undercard, totally unfair.) deserve better. Brotus/ryback could work but they need better competition. I would of rather seen brotus vs. show in a single at MITB then show in raw's MITB match. Give the spot to MIZ he deserved it more. I mean c'mon miz has gotten royally screwed the last 12 months and they wont even put him in a qualifier for MITB. B.S.!!!! We want wrestling and a ladder system for the titles like we used to have, not wanna be's like ADR just being shot up to the top. Despite his worldly accomplishments he has no ties at all to wwe, which says to me to the bottom you go. Earn it don't feel entitled to it. That has been the main problem w/ the top tier every one feels entitled to the "title" of wwe champ. And while I do hate cena I would rather him have a title than ADR.

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-11-2012, 05:08 AM
1) Sheamus could have had a longer match if they didn't book those Santino segments.
2) Brodus Clay wasn't even needed on the show, as hes not even on the MITB card.

You know what, I completely forgot about those. It was that bad. At least it eventually led to the answering of the EWN's most speculated question of 2011.

dub
07-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I feel the same. If they are gunna have "time fillers" why not give us something like Kidd vs. Mason ryan(where the hell did he disappear to after S.S.?) I also think with the lack of diva competition now it will be harder to sell it as a title. I think we got like one half hour (if that) of in ring action which is bad if wwe is going to 3 hours, because that was the same shit that killed wcw. Alex riley, syn cara, mason ryan, tyson kidd, and even sandow and tensai (both of which are guys that did in wwe work 10 years ago but were fired/demoted and then worked there ass off just to be right back in wwe's undercard, totally unfair.) deserve better. Brotus/ryback could work but they need better competition. I would of rather seen brotus vs. show in a single at MITB then show in raw's MITB match. Give the spot to MIZ he deserved it more. I mean c'mon miz has gotten royally screwed the last 12 months and they wont even put him in a qualifier for MITB. B.S.!!!! We want wrestling and a ladder system for the titles like we used to have, not wanna be's like ADR just being shot up to the top. Despite his worldly accomplishments he has no ties at all to wwe, which says to me to the bottom you go. Earn it don't feel entitled to it. That has been the main problem w/ the top tier every one feels entitled to the "title" of wwe champ. And while I do hate cena I would rather him have a title than ADR.

Yeah Mason Ryan has disapeared off the face of the earth and the WWE has made me forget that Miz was even on the roster... How in the world does that guy go from former us/tag team/ and WWE champ toooooo NOTHING???? HUH??? And the thing is that Miz was a good WWE champion. He wasn't the greatest in the ring but he was darn interesting to watch overall and he does everything right. He promotes the product, he shows up at all the events, he stays outta trouble... Why is he in the dog house???

dub
07-11-2012, 11:51 AM

They couldve saved that Clay squash for WWE superstars

Cabers
07-11-2012, 03:12 PM
They couldve saved that Clay squash for WWE superstars

Exactly right and keep him there damn it!