PDA

View Full Version : Cm punk emasculated

Wrestling Realist
07-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Well everyone is talking about how horrible Raw was last night, the one thing I did think was good was the Eve and Cm Punk backstage segment. Where Eve pretty much summed up Cm Punks 7 month reign as WWE Champion as emasculating, by being over shadowed by the Rock, Cena, HHH, Brock Lesnar and now AJ. Eve kinda hit the nail on the head with that statement, cause it doesn't seem that Cm Punk Title reign or Cm punk has not been the vocal point in the WWE at all. Is it the lack of creativeness in the creative, No faith in Cm Punk or is the lack of size holding him back? He is the most entertaining guy in the WWE so why not let him show it?

Thoughts?

PSOjedi
07-10-2012, 12:12 PM
You're totaly right, she did say something that did not pleased CM Punk. By the way that's right if we're on the side of creatives who did not put him in the main event, even if Punk vs Bryan will be the main event of MITB ppv this sunday, but for me, he was not overshadowed by anyone so I'm fine with that.

Tommy Thunder
07-10-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't see how Eve's point holds any weight. She says that Punk's been overshadowed, but let's look at the facts:

1) He's still put on some of the best matches (ppv and tv) during his title reign
2) He's still cut some of the best promos
3) He's beaten pretty much all of the top stars WWe has to offer apart from Sheamus

No, he's not been in the main event every time, but as Punk said himself; placement on the card doesn't determine the main event match. And he's right.

PSOjedi
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Tommy you're right, but you're talking in reality, and he's not, it's storyline. And this could be the starting point of a future heel turn for Punk perhaps....

MrVoteLibertarian
07-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Well everyone is talking about how horrible Raw was last night, the one thing I did think was good was the Eve and Cm Punk backstage segment. Where Eve pretty much summed up Cm Punks 7 month reign as WWE Champion as emasculating, by being over shadowed by the Rock, Cena, HHH, Brock Lesnar and now AJ. Eve kinda hit the nail on the head with that statement, cause it doesn't seem that Cm Punk Title reign or Cm punk has not been the vocal point in the WWE at all. Is it the lack of creativeness in the creative, No faith in Cm Punk or is the lack of size holding him back? He is the most entertaining guy in the WWE so why not let him show it?

Thoughts?

Exactly right.

GG_DUCE
07-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Note that last night Cena was in the middle of the show (okay, and the beginning), but Punk and Bryan headlined the final minutes. I think that says a lot.

Wrestling Realist
07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Tommy you're right, but you're talking in reality, and he's not, it's storyline. And this could be the starting point of a future heel turn for Punk perhaps....
that a good point cause Daniel Bryan so over with fans right now turn him face and have Cm Punk go mega heel like in SES days

Wrestling Realist
07-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Note that last night Cena was in the middle of the show (okay, and the beginning), but Punk and Bryan headlined the final minutes. I think that says a lot.
No AJ headline raw with DB and Punk as supporting roles

Dennis
07-10-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't see how Eve's point holds any weight. She says that Punk's been overshadowed, but let's look at the facts:

1) He's still put on some of the best matches (ppv and tv) during his title reign
2) He's still cut some of the best promos
3) He's beaten pretty much all of the top stars WWe has to offer apart from Sheamus

No, he's not been in the main event every time, but as Punk said himself; placement on the card doesn't determine the main event match. And he's right.
While I agree with all three of your points, I have to say he is still being overshadowed to a point. The wwe displayed they didn't have faith in their top two wrestlers (bryan and punk) to hold the audience in the palm of their hands alone.. so they brought a 95 pound "geek goddess" to help make the wwe universe care about the rivalry. at wrestlemania while punk was in the best title match of the night if asked a year from now most fans will remember the HHH vs undertaker match or the ROCK vs CENA match, not the cm punk match... I don't think this is punks fault I just think at this point in his career and because of his size and stature even though he is on one of the great title runs of the entire time I have watched wrestling (15ish years) he still isn't considered the guy... and on ppv's he isn't the main event though I agree what ever slot punk vs bryan is slotted it will be the best match of the night.. though the wwe isn't showing the faith to say that it is the main event of the night.

King Scrapper
07-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Exactly right.

Nail on head.

King Scrapper
07-10-2012, 12:51 PM

I think it says that it doesnt matter because 90 percent of viewers were probably asleep by that point.

rodrik
07-10-2012, 12:56 PM
the way I see it, wwe has succeeded in making the IWC curious about what's going to happen, I can't find a time in recent history where that happend (maybe who was going to return on the 2nd of january, but we all had the suspicion it was jericho)

Cabers
07-10-2012, 01:38 PM

Of course he's right!

And a heel punk is always awesome!

Playboy Stevie V
07-10-2012, 01:44 PM

^^^ After that segment I smelled HEEL TURN.

Lowki
07-10-2012, 02:09 PM
I think you mean AJ w/ Punk and Bryan headlined the final minutes.

hbk2416
07-10-2012, 03:05 PM

Maybe so, but after this angle plays out, AJ will go back to be a diva who gets used sporadically, while Punk and Bryan will continue to put on great matches.

Dennis
07-10-2012, 03:18 PM

Maybe so, but after this angle plays out, AJ will go back to be a diva who gets used sporadically, while Punk and Bryan will continue to put on great matches.
I don't think she will go back to being just another diva... look at eve she was a diva who got caught up in the main-event scene and hasn't been used as just a typical diva since.. plus according to articles on this site the wwe is really high on her

Braxton
07-10-2012, 08:46 PM
If what Eve said to Punk had anything to do with a future angle (which I doubt, clearly they are writing week to week as evidenced by *cringe* Hornswaggle) it was to give punk something to be angry at Cena about for their potential match at SummerSlam.

Wrestling Realist
07-11-2012, 12:49 AM
If what Eve said to Punk had anything to do with a future angle (which I doubt, clearly they are writing week to week as evidenced by *cringe* Hornswaggle) it was to give punk something to be angry at Cena about for their potential match at SummerSlam.
Maybe for CM Punk Vs. The Rock at Summer Slam For the WWE Championship cause Rock's name was the first name Eve brought up

Amerinaine
07-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Right now, AJ is the main event scene. And she doesn't even have to wrestle to get there. I will say that RAW on the 9th was a wash. There normally isn't logic in wrestling. This past Monday proved it. I think we need to erase it from memory and start over.

Point. I like AJ and her character. I still hated the whole marriage proposal thing.

Punk's matches are 9/10 better than Cena's. So, I look at his matches as main event worthy. I think the same for bryan.

The Brown One
07-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Have any of you thought about this: A CM Punk heel turn coming up soon?

IMO they've been hinting towards it, with Punk's "cryptic" tweet a while back "

@ (http://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/217493882328465408)CMPunk: (http://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/217493882328465408) THE DEVIL

“@luciusmalfoy (http://twitter.com/luciusmalfoy): @CMPunk (http://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/217503078067339264) "i am the devil himself, and all of you stupid mindless people fell for it."” You'll see.

This is from a promo he cut as a heel in ROH when he beat Austin Aries for the ROH world title.

And he tweeted this on 11th July: @CMPunk (https://twitter.com/CMPunk): "The Devil exists."

This, along with what Eve said on Raw about how he was being overshadowed by guys like Lesnar, The Rock, Triple H and Cena could be hinting that hes going to turn heel soon. I think it would make sense having him as a heel going into Summerslam to face Cena. Thoughts?