PDA

View Full Version : WWE: "In your face, IWC!"

CM_SUXX_NOT
07-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Last night on Raw, we saw Michael Cole go one-on-one against The King. The only reason for this was to say "Fuck you, smart fans." Cole's promo after the result was revealed backs this up for me. He said how the Universe didn't want him wasting airtime and how the younger stars should be getting the time, yet 75% of voters said yes, they wanted the match to happen.

So yet again we see WWE sticking their fingers up in our faces.

tchocky360
07-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I quite liked that tbh. It was a good point. We all complain but we'll still watch

Least we're getting through somewhat to him. Now if we ever actually did something about it, he'd know why

bartish2
07-10-2012, 10:58 AM
do you really expect anything more than shit from wwe? they spit in the fans faces after making money off them.

TheBritishInvasion
07-10-2012, 10:59 AM
also the Hornswoggle as Anonymous GM was a slap in the face as well in my opinion.

Joonny
07-10-2012, 11:05 AM
They wanted to piss the IWC up.

Iwc: We will never know who the Anon General Manager of Raw is.
WWE: (Hmm, if we choose Hornswoggle, they will get their answer and we will piss them of!)

tchocky360
07-10-2012, 11:06 AM
also the Hornswoggle as Anonymous GM was a slap in the face as well in my opinion.

Even that, we complained they ignored it. So they brought it back up. they just did it in a shit way afterwards. They prob ran out of special guests they felt they could use so just chucked this together.

PSOjedi
07-10-2012, 11:10 AM
75% of voters said yes, they wanted the match to happen.
voters ? lol this was planned, even if 100% of the votes were "NO we don't want to see this garbage match"

Dennis
07-10-2012, 11:14 AM
voters ? lol this was planned, even if 100% of the votes were "NO we don't want to see this garbage match"
I don't think the WWE made up that stat... I think a majority of the wrestling fans (because a majority of people who watch wwe are not memebers of the IWC) want to see this match happen sometimes... though I did find it to be one of the most awful matches ever!

bartish2
07-10-2012, 11:28 AM

exactly. it was already pre-planned just like cole vs cena. anyways it never says how many people voted for each... the total is usually under 10,000 votes so really how can they base decisions of 10,000 kids? those poll results are rigged & stupid.

Lowki
07-10-2012, 12:36 PM
I don't think the WWE made up that stat... I think a majority of the wrestling fans (because a majority of people who watch wwe are not memebers of the IWC) want to see this match happen sometimes... though I did find it to be one of the most awful matches ever!
How many adults actually clicked to vote? I bet most were teens/kids who dislike cole. Not all wrestling fans dislike the current product and even if a few dislike seeing matches like this, many STILL watch as casuals and would have wanted to see cole get beat up. The fact that the crowd POPPED this proves my point.

Lowki
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
At least there's one person that actually realizes that the IWC are a small minority. I know a couple of people who casually watch WWE who wanted Cole to get beat up...

Amerinaine
07-10-2012, 12:40 PM
I did actually vote. I voted no. I'm 30, so I guess I'm one adult who did.

rodrik
07-10-2012, 12:48 PM
ok let's see if I get this, most members of the IWC don't like the current wwe but still watch it, even though they know it's not going to change anytime soon, where is the logic in that? please enlighten me, cause I can't see the point in this. Or there are a lot of hypocrites in the iwc or there's something I'm not taking in account.

CM_SUXX_NOT
07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
The point of this thread was to show, yet again, that WWE doesn't care what we think. It doesn't matter if we can spot the several loopholes in almost every angle they throw together, because their kiddy fanbase isn't likely to notice.

It's the lack of competition that lets them get away with it. Their 1000th Raw will still draw the biggest rating in 5 years and we (well, most) will continue to watch the product.

Cabers
07-10-2012, 01:40 PM
They wanted to piss the IWC up.

Iwc: We will never know who the Anon General Manager of Raw is.
WWE: (Hmm, if we choose Hornswoggle, they will get their answer and we will piss them of!)

Great Success!!

Dennis
07-10-2012, 01:41 PM
How many adults actually clicked to vote? I bet most were teens/kids who dislike cole. Not all wrestling fans dislike the current product and even if a few dislike seeing matches like this, many STILL watch as casuals and would have wanted to see cole get beat up. The fact that the crowd POPPED this proves my point.
I agree that most adults didn't vote in this poll.. and I actually am liking raw more lately and am pleased for the most part with the current product.. I'm just saying that specific match was awful.. would you disagree?

Playboy Stevie V
07-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Yeah I was baffled.

Cole hit it on the head saying that they shouldn't be taking time away from younger stars. But the vote came through anyways for this time waster match, which was followed up with the discovery of who the anonymous gm was (which was equivalently bad as Robocop saves Sting).

It was like a GIANT F*CK YOU, to us IMO.

Lowki
07-10-2012, 01:55 PM
I agree that most adults didn't vote in this poll.. and I actually am liking raw more lately and am pleased for the most part with the current product.. I'm just saying that specific match was awful.. would you disagree?
Oh yes it was short and brutal. I ignored it and then heard santino coming out tbh

Rodrik: there's certain bits i don't like. I watch it out of habit and the fact it's something i've watched for a long time. Pretty much the only reason i watch wrestling at all.
Amerinaine: Well, that was a wasted vote, eh? :P

Xpacfan
07-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh...wait...here's an idea! IWC: "In your face, WWE" with your lack of ratings.

ok let's see if I get this, most members of the IWC don't like the current wwe but still watch it, even though they know it's not going to change anytime soon, where is the logic in that? please enlighten me, cause I can't see the point in this. Or there are a lot of hypocrites in the iwc or there's something I'm not taking in account.

Welcome to the minority within the minority who still has their common sense intact :)

Playboy Stevie V
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM

I'm guilty of this. I grew up on the WWE and its more of an addiction than anything. Even when I see how bad it is getting, I can't help but to tune in. I can the say the same thing for any wrestling show though. I would tune in regardless because it was wrestling.

Maybe a intervention is in order for me cause you would literally have to light my house on fire to turn me away from a show.

I hope that enlightened you a bit. I guess it's more of a sickness...LOL

URATOOL
07-10-2012, 05:47 PM
It's stage 1 of a Cole face turn. The match was put together purely so Cole could mention the young guys on the roster. Its to show he cares about them and the product.

The Brown One
07-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Oh so now the WWE screwed over the IWC? I remember not too long ago some of us were praising the WWE for "listening to the IWC" when they were hiring indy talent and putting the titles on people we love - Rhodes, Ryder, Punk, Kofi and Bourne, Beth and Bryan.
I don't know why they suddenly stopped putting on good shows and went with Hornswoggle as the anonymous GM.

wrestlingfan66513
07-10-2012, 08:36 PM

Yes they made it up. There is no way the votes were split 75 to 25, its to even.

Dennis
07-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Yes they made it up. There is no way the votes were split 75 to 25, its to even.
that doesn't mean they made it up... if they made it up they would of made up weirder stats

Dr. Death
07-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Last night on Raw, we saw Michael Cole go one-on-one against The King. The only reason for this was to say "Fuck you, smart fans." Cole's promo after the result was revealed backs this up for me. He said how the Universe didn't want him wasting airtime and how the younger stars should be getting the time, yet 75% of voters said yes, they wanted the match to happen.

So yet again we see WWE sticking their fingers up in our faces.

What voters? The WWE was going to have the match no matter what and the so called "voting" was rigged. It's the same with all TV "cast your vote" themed shows.

The Brown One
07-11-2012, 01:31 AM
What voters? The WWE was going to have the match no matter what and the so called "voting" was rigged. It's the same with all TV "cast your vote" themed shows.

So what's the point of having the new "interactive" features when Raw goes 3 hours?

Dr. Death
07-11-2012, 07:46 AM
So what's the point of having the new "interactive" features when Raw goes 3 hours?

In order to make you feel like your actually having a say in what's happening on RAW that night. Bottom line is that Vince does what Vince wants and it doesn't matter in the least what you or I or anyone else thinks or votes on, Vince will run the WWE as he sees fit regardless. The matches we will get to see are those already planned on for the furtherance of storyline effect. As a test for the "interactive" features, especially if voting on a certain match to take place, I suggest everyone vote to see Brock Lesnar vs. Jack Swagger or Dolph Ziggler vs. Rock, etc... (these are just two suggestions) and see what happens. I think that the WWE would come out and say that all votes tallied were for a Punk vs. Bryan or Cena vs. Big Show match.

The Brown One
07-11-2012, 08:23 AM
In order to make you feel like your actually having a say in what's happening on RAW that night. Bottom line is that Vince does what Vince wants and it doesn't matter in the least what you or I or anyone else thinks or votes on, Vince will run the WWE as he sees fit regardless. The matches we will get to see are those already planned on for the furtherance of storyline effect. As a test for the "interactive" features, especially if voting on a certain match to take place, I suggest everyone vote to see Brock Lesnar vs. Jack Swagger or Dolph Ziggler vs. Rock, etc... (these are just two suggestions) and see what happens. I think that the WWE would come out and say that all votes tallied were for a Punk vs. Bryan or Cena vs. Big Show match.

If they have The Rock on hand, I don't see why they won't use him. But point taken. It'll just be like Cyber Sunday every Raw.

Dr. Death
07-11-2012, 08:28 AM
If they have The Rock on hand, I don't see why they won't use him. But point taken. It'll just be like Cyber Sunday every Raw.

That's more or less what I was getting at. I believe that they don't use Rock or Lesnar, etc... in regular matches as their contract is limited on the amount of appearances and matches they are apart of for the duration of their said contract.

akbar
07-11-2012, 08:44 AM
that doesn't mean they made it up... if they made it up they would of made up weirder stats
Honestly WWE don't give much thought into shit like that, they don't think about "oh we have to look discrete so let's up a odd statistic". It's just one lil match.

Lowki
07-13-2012, 02:53 PM
We need more Cole matches.