PDA

View Full Version : Matt Taven to WWE???

Spectroheliographies
07-10-2012, 05:14 AM
Matt Taven, I'm sure you've seen the name around and wrestle although he's only had four years professionally. I believe this will re-spark interest in wrestling in general. Though currently I wouldn't call him an amazing all-rounded superstar he's definitely going to be. He's charismatic, 6'2 is capable of high-flying but also sticks to technical wrestling so you get a younger RVD feel about him.

Why is it relevant? Well, considering we have ROH who have gifted talent TNA who have a gifted X-Division, champion now and Eric Young surprisingly. We've over-looked that WWE is also making the right choices in the way they're going. If the rumours are true (which they probably are, I see no reason for them not to be,) then Wrestling as a hole is progressing. Fair enough Hornswaggle as the GM was over the top. If they are actually signing Matt Taven and can book him against someone in the future like (hopefully heel,) R-Truth?

Then they'd honestly make me nerdgasm over my keyboard. Think about the wrestling ability Matt Taven has technical and high-flying, and his charisma. Then put that against R-Truths spots and fast-paced, high flying agile antics as a heel who's charismatic. ... It would be golden. Anyway, for the guys that have been living under a rock and don't know who he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AZIpUS0bO0

Told you he's like a young RVD. If he does come to WWE would honestly love to see him feud with R-Truth somewhere down the line.

Tommy Thunder
07-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Never heard on him mate. He looks like a decent enough high flyer though.

Out of the whole WWE roster, why R-Truth might I ask?

VoiceOfTheSilentMajority
07-10-2012, 06:00 AM
Really not sure why you think this guy is so great.... Haven't seen anything from him that hasn't been done before, and been done better by others, he's certainly no RVD.

Tommy Thunder
07-10-2012, 06:11 AM
Really not sure why you think this guy is so great.... Haven't seen anything from him that hasn't been done before, and been done better by others, he's certainly no RVD.

The video the guy showed was basically:
arm-drag, arm-drag, arm-drag, hip-toss, arm-drag, arm-drag, hip-toss, hip-toss, hip-toss, arm-drag, hip-toss, a few moonsaults and a few examples of a frog splash.

Nothing we haven't seen before as you say. An absolutely no RVD!

Blinker
07-10-2012, 06:32 AM
The guy has a decent look from what I see and can pull off a few maneuvers (arm-drag/hip-toss), but he will need time to refine his skill. I have no idea how he is on the mic and am too lazy right now to look it up. Despite the video showing me that he can pull off the basic moves eight times, I can see promise in the guy. Maybe after a little time in FCW I can actually get excited to him debut on the main stage.

PSOjedi
07-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Did not know this guy. Like Tommy said, he looks good. He has a set of moves like Punk/Y2J with high flying stuff.

Cabers
07-10-2012, 01:30 PM
He is decent in the ring but he is no RVD. I first came across him in ROH.

Tommy Thunder
07-10-2012, 01:49 PM
This is totally awesome. The Man That Gravity Forgot will do great things in the WWE. WWE has been singing some great talent as of late.

I thought PAC was 'The Man Who Gravity Forgot'?

thenextsousa
07-10-2012, 07:56 PM
I've seen Matt Taven a few times in Northeast Wrestling events and he has really promising ability. I could see him really succeeding in FCW and I think we could see him on NXT pretty soon (being a relative term that is).

(Also, this is my first post :D.)

Tommy Thunder
07-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I posted it in the wrong thread. :o

I thought so. I was thinking to myself "I'm sure dubs knows better than this!" Lol!

キングバム
07-10-2012, 08:05 PM
He looks really solid in the ring. But I did not watch entire video an from what I saw he really loves his arm drags! He would have no problem fitting in with the WWE. I just hope they do not put him under like they did with Yoshitatsu, Tyson Kidd and Trent Baretta.