PDA

View Full Version : Chael Sonnen should work for the WWE

Kenny Kaos
07-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Not a massive UFC fan but was round a friends house and he was watching some preview for an upcoming event and this guy caught my eye.

Nothing to do with his actual fighting skills, but oh my GOD, I haven't seen as good a trash talker since The Rock or Jericho in the Attitude Era. Some of the stuff he was coming out with was GOLD!

People like Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn have made the transition from UFC to WWE, more recently Brock Lesnar. Age may be against this Sonnen guy (I believe he is in his mid 30's) but hell, he would certainly liven up an episode of Raw or Smacdown with his promos.

What do you think the chances are this ever happening? He certainly has bags of charisma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpT2W4zRzzM

K2Jelly
07-09-2012, 01:40 PM
One question:

Do you believe the WWE would allow him to cut promos like he usually does? Or would he be more watered down?

Kenny Kaos
07-09-2012, 01:43 PM
One question:

Do you believe the WWE would allow him to cut promos like he usually does? Or would he be more watered down?

Brock Lesnar cut more aggressive promos against Cena for their match so I don't see why they would water him down

akbar
07-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Lol ' Your a immigrant from Brazil, Im a gangster from America'

Cabers
07-09-2012, 02:48 PM
One question:

It would be a watered down version i believe trips can't have anyone giving a better promo than him.

Dennis
07-09-2012, 03:31 PM
It would be a watered down version i believe trips can't have anyone giving a better promo than him.
Cm punk, john cena, daniel bryan, A.J., shadows, and jericho all cut better promos than HHH lately... those are just wrestlers that came to mind off the top of my head.. I'm sure there are plenty more.. I do watch the ufc and didn't watch the second sonnen silva fight.. but I did watch the first one.. and along with being probably the closest to winning to silva I have ever seen.. I have never seen any fighter (excluding chris lebin) talk so much smack and not care that his opposition was a fan favorite.. GREAT HEEL POTENTIAL

GreatMuta4life
07-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I don't see UFC letting Sonnen out of his contract anytime soon. Despite the two losses to Silva, he has become the greatest antagonist in MMA history and he's far too valuable to UFC right now for them to let him go. With his testosterone replacement therapy making it tough for him to cut to 185, a move to light heavyweight is most likely. And there are tons of money fights for him in that division: Rampage, Shogun, Machida, Evans, Henderson, maybe even Jon Jones. So if he does come to WWE, it won't be for a few years.

Robstar
07-09-2012, 04:18 PM
No, no, no, you couldn't give Sonnen free reign on the mic. Don't even mention Lesnar as a trash talker, my mum is a better trash talker. I highly doubt Sonnen could be kept to script and even if given the creative licence that someone like Punk or Jericho have, I seriously question his ability to show restraint. I could be wrong. He is by far, the best trash talker in MMA. Lol, he sure beats a Diaz trying to talk past his foot or a Mayhem who's really just a loudmouth smartass.

akbar
07-09-2012, 04:23 PM
No, no, no, you couldn't give Sonnen free reign on the mic. Don't even mention Lesnar as a trash talker, my mum is a better trash talker. I highly doubt Sonnen could be kept to script and even if given the creative licence that someone like Punk or Jericho have, I seriously question his ability to show restraint. I could be wrong. He is by far, the best trash talker in MMA. Lol, he sure beats a Diaz trying to talk past his foot or a Mayhem who's really just a loudmouth smartass.
If UFC was the WWE, then Sonnen would be champion... Unfortunately for Sonnen, UFC is real and he got knocked the fuck out ;)

Iron Ape
07-09-2012, 04:32 PM
His gimmick could be that of an ignorant, money-laundering snitch with a penchant for cheating. Oh, wait.

Lowki
07-10-2012, 05:14 AM
One question:

If they said to Chael Sonnen "You have to say this, act like this.." He'd probably shoot or refuse to even sign in the first place. That guy might be a bit of a dick, but he's all about Chael Sonnen, in a good way.